Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit News

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Truth

Rhinelander, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

I for one hope the state doesnt take over Detroit. Let it die the slow, agonizing death it so richly deserves.

Someday in the not too distant future we will be able to plow it to the ground and begin anew without the shadow of the negrow parasite hanging over the place.

No to state takeover! Let them get EXACTLY what they deserve.
The Truth

Rhinelander, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

In fact,....maybe we will get lucky and the dumb groids will burn the whole place to the ground. groids are the only people I ever saw who when they get mad....burn down theyre OWN homes and shopping centers. LMAO
Wouldnt take long for most to die off afterwards either. Katrina will be small potato's compared to this. Can you imagine half a million groids sitting around in an ash heap after the city burns? LMAO Starvation would soon follow.
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's the "white" response lol? Peace? Love? And selflessness? Non-aggression??
Not exactly. See the white response is to be more responsible before such disasters happen. Sure, white folks get in over their heads and lose their homes too. They don't go around shooting up themselves and the town over it. Sure whites own a lot of guns. As a rule, they don't run around all night and day mugging people and robbing stores. Sure the kids sometimes take the family car when they are not allowed. They don't knock over some 75 year old vet for a joy ride in his care and kill him for kicks too.
Yea, it's different.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

_0h-Rea11y_ wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it a little RAYCISS of you to GENERALIZE an entire race like that? Or is that "different", somehow, BECAUSE you're black?
Lol I guess generalizing is something only I can do since you seemed to miss Franks "RAYCISS GENERALIZ[ATION]."

Level 1

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly. See the white response is to be more responsible before such disasters happen. Sure, white folks get in over their heads and lose their homes too. They don't go around shooting up themselves and the town over it. Sure whites own a lot of guns. As a rule, they don't run around all night and day mugging people and robbing stores. Sure the kids sometimes take the family car when they are not allowed. They don't knock over some 75 year old vet for a joy ride in his care and kill him for kicks too. Yea, it's different.
Right. Like the "responsible" white majority on Capitol Hill? Or the white majority that sat in positions of oversight at the big banks before the giant recession of 2008? Or like that little bastard T.J. Lane that murdered his schoolmates in Ohio and said to the victims: "This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F[#$!] all of you." Like them?
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like the "responsible" white majority on Capitol Hill? Or the white majority that sat in positions of oversight at the big banks before the giant recession of 2008? Or like that little bastard T.J. Lane that murdered his schoolmates in Ohio and said to the victims: "This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F[#$!] all of you." Like them?
You seem unable to comprehend numbers. In your head, 1 is the same as 10,000. What's a few zeros? Yes, Sandra Lane killed her own grandson. She is in jail for what will be life. That was big news because she is white. The next 50 will be black and it happens so often the news can only give it 10" or the back page. Enjoy your delusion of grandeur. Buy plenty of Lotto tickets too.

Level 1

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem unable to comprehend numbers. In your head, 1 is the same as 10,000. What's a few zeros? Yes, Sandra Lane killed her own grandson. She is in jail for what will be life. That was big news because she is white. The next 50 will be black and it happens so often the news can only give it 10" or the back page. Enjoy your delusion of grandeur. Buy plenty of Lotto tickets too.
Ha lol. In your head your perception of reality seems warped beyond repair. When I read the paper I see a good mixture of black and white. Sorry, but your whiteness doesn't make you any better or worse your highness.

Level 1

Powell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

_0h-Rea11y_ wrote:
<quoted text>But blacks are suppodsed to be "superior" to us racist whites.
Are you saying you really are just like us dumb cave apes?
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Mencken wrote:
<quoted text>
It was whitey's fault when he was there because he was keeping the black man down.
It's whitey's fault now because he moved out of Detroit and into the suburbs.
So Detroit's problem is 1) the presence of whites and, 2) the absence of whites.
i have done a nominal study of detroits history (i used to live there) and the problems blk people had have always been the result what white folk were doing to them whether they were living besides us or not.

you all love to harp on the riots of the 60's but either don't know or won't talk about the white riots of the 40's and 50's and even before the 40's those race riots were equaly damaging to detroit and blk detroiters.

you are the problem past and present.

not to say we don't have a hand in our own demise to an extent but YOU and your people have been our problem and nemesis from DAY ONE.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

bensleys view wrote:
<quoted text>
dats ok Detroit has been through protest on the streets when blacks protested then burned 7 looted out the business heart of Detroit.
so what's left for them to protest, burn or loot???
that seems to be the black response to anything and everything
burn, loot, steal shoot each other.
but thats whay white folk did to us in the pre and post world war II era. you rioted and burned down our homes, business and looted just because we were getting jobs and moving out of delapidated housing in search for better housing and in some istances, doing better then your white, trashy azzes. you burned down, looted and killed the blk owners of businesses because YOU WERE JEALOUS.

you rioted to keep us out of automation schools and other learning institutions.

whites were the first to riot in detroit!

fk you!!

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

The Truth wrote:
I for one hope the state doesnt take over Detroit. Let it die the slow, agonizing death it so richly deserves.
Someday in the not too distant future we will be able to plow it to the ground and begin anew without the shadow of the negrow parasite hanging over the place.
No to state takeover! Let them get EXACTLY what they deserve.
still angry because detroit was one place white folk did everything imaginable and unimaginable to keep us out of! and you still couldn't...

now you are wishing for the days of white only neighborhoods to come back....oh well, lol!!

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

The Truth wrote:
In fact,....maybe we will get lucky and the dumb groids will burn the whole place to the ground. groids are the only people I ever saw who when they get mad....burn down theyre OWN homes and shopping centers. LMAO
Wouldnt take long for most to die off afterwards either. Katrina will be small potato's compared to this. Can you imagine half a million groids sitting around in an ash heap after the city burns? LMAO Starvation would soon follow.
plenty of instances in history where white folk burned down their own by rioting.

anyway, we never burned down our homes. we most burned down YOUR businesses in the city even in the LA riots in the early 90s.

the blk owned businesses were left untouced while the other businesses were burned to the ground!
Mencken

Florence, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
i have done a nominal study of detroits history (i used to live there) and the problems blk people had have always been the result what white folk were doing to them whether they were living besides us or not.
you all love to harp on the riots of the 60's but either don't know or won't talk about the white riots of the 40's and 50's and even before the 40's those race riots were equaly damaging to detroit and blk detroiters.
you are the problem past and present.
not to say we don't have a hand in our own demise to an extent but YOU and your people have been our problem and nemesis from DAY ONE.
Thank you for that explanation. You say it so well. I understand now.

Can you explain to me, though, why it is if whites are your problem past and present that you keep moving into our neighborhoods after we've moved away from you?

Can you explain to me, please, why it is that you want your children in school with children who are white and part of the problem?

Can you explain to me, please, why if whites are so evil and the problem past and present you want to be anywhere remotely close to us?
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

The funnest part about Detroit and its so called intelligent residents...if Kwammy was on the ballet the morons would vote him in.

Coleman Young dared the whites to leave the city, and guess what, they did.
This left the blacks to run the city, maintain the city, respect the city, and develop the city.

Coleman and his cronies and every one else left, continued to stick their hands in the cookie jar over and over up until recently and until there was nothing left.

These fools mismanaged the city for years, and now the much needed EFM came in to fix what the fools with their hands out did, and now they want to cry and say "we can do it"...too late!

Why is it most races with far less, get so much further than the blacks do? The reason is ethics, morals, respect, and a drive to work hard to achieve the spoils of success no matter how long it takes!
Anyone disagree then I say look at the history of Detroit and its people for the last 45 years.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Mencken wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that explanation. You say it so well. I understand now.
Can you explain to me, though, why it is if whites are your problem past and present that you keep moving into our neighborhoods after we've moved away from you?
Can you explain to me, please, why it is that you want your children in school with children who are white and part of the problem?
Can you explain to me, please, why if whites are so evil and the problem past and present you want to be anywhere remotely close to us?
we can live where the fk we wanna live. no neighborhood exclusively belongs to people with the title "white."

education is funded by OUR tax dollars also: why should be limit where our children can go to school? is there a limit where white children can obtain an education?

this is the AMERICAN way.. an im AMERICAN. if you don't like it then go back to where ever in europe that you came from!

im out!!

Level 1

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

..."The funnest part about Detroit and its so called intelligent residents...if Kwammy was on the ballet the morons would vote him in."

True. SOME would. And?

"Why is it most races with far less, get so much further than the blacks do? The reason is ethics, morals, respect, and a drive to work hard to achieve the spoils of success no matter how long it takes!
Anyone disagree then I say look at the history of Detroit and its people for the last 45 years."

In your opinion. I think we have progressed tremendously. I just think that you have a really distorted, hubristic view of African-Americans. As far as Detroit falling apart, well, white folks were not completely blameless either.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Kallark27 wrote:
..."The funnest part about Detroit and its so called intelligent residents...if Kwammy was on the ballet the morons would vote him in."
True. SOME would. And?
"Why is it most races with far less, get so much further than the blacks do? The reason is ethics, morals, respect, and a drive to work hard to achieve the spoils of success no matter how long it takes!
Anyone disagree then I say look at the history of Detroit and its people for the last 45 years."
In your opinion. I think we have progressed tremendously. I just think that you have a really distorted, hubristic view of African-Americans. As far as Detroit falling apart, well, white folks were not completely blameless either.
Last part first....by "white folks were not completely blameless" you mean the fact that whites grew Detroit to a desirable city of 2 million which is now at about 600 - 700k and declining monthly?
Not completely blameless in the fact that whites were not made to feel welcome in the city when Coleman took over on a ticket of "its us against them", promoting to blacks that whitey is your enemy?
Not blameless in the fact that the predominantly white fire department could not keep up with the devils night fires of the 80's and 90's where blacks chard their own neighborhoods at a rate of up to and likely over 700 fires in one freaking night.

Next point, I commented that most races with far less, get so much further than the blacks do due to things like ethics, morals, respect, and a drive to work hard to achieve the spoils of success no matter how long it takes!

And you said...

"I think we have progressed tremendously."

Based on what????? the city of Detroit is what you call progression?
Flint, Benton Harbor, Gary In, DC, S Chicago, Atlanta, is what you call progression?
The prison system which is comprised of a majority of blacks in a society that has a population of 13% black, is what you call progression?
Detroit being the most miserable to live in and in the top ten most dangerous, is what you call progression?

Let us take a closer look at your claim to progression...
==========
Some of the various Top 10 most dangerous cities list combined with the demographic data found on each cities 2010 census data.

Detroit, Michigan --- 82.7% black
Gary, Indiana --- 84.8% black
Wilmington, Delaware --- 58% black
St. Louis, Missouri --- 49% black
Baton Rouge, Louisiana --- 50.02% black
Baltimore, Maryland --- 63.7% black
New Orleans, Louisiana --- 60.2% black
Memphis, Tennessee --- 62.6% black
Flint, Michigan --- 56.6% black
Atlanta, Georgia --- 54.0% black
Birmingham, Alabama --- 73.4% black
Camden, New Jersey --- 48.7% black
Camden, New Jersey --- 48.07% black
Washington, DC --- 50.7% black
Hartford, Connecticut --- 40.05% black
Richmond, Virginia --- 52.3% black
==========
A clear trend if you ask me.
If by progression you mean denial and/or strawman arguments, I would agree.

My final point is...
The fact that you refer to blacks as "African-american" in order to differentiate yourselves, is hardly progression, rather more like regression.

If one does not honestly admit to themselves (and publicly) there is a problem, then the problem can NEVER be corrected.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

K27 does not believe what he says. He comes here and repeats the same statement of white blame day after day in an attempt to convince himself that he and other blacks are not responsible for their plight. It's positive self reinforcement he seeks here. He does not seek to change any opinions here as that is not possible. It's just sad.

Level 1

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
K27 does not believe what he says. He comes here and repeats the same statement of white blame day after day in an attempt to convince himself that he and other blacks are not responsible for their plight. It's positive self reinforcement he seeks here. He does not seek to change any opinions here as that is not possible. It's just sad.
Yep. I sure don't. Lol the "Real Deal" represents many mainstream white Americans who live inside a Matrix type world created by them for them. Everyone else is to blame. Historically they've done nothing wrong. They are completely blameless. One thing I don't understand is why even when I admit that blacks are mostly to blame for our problems today you all still think I'm trying to "blame whitey?" That will NEVER make any sense to me.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
the "Real Deal" represents many mainstream white Americans who live inside a Matrix type world created by them for them. Everyone else is to blame. Historically they've done nothing wrong. They are completely blameless. One thing I don't understand is why even when I admit that blacks are mostly to blame for our problems today you all still think I'm trying to "blame whitey?" That will NEVER make any sense to me.
You are really confused here aren't you?
"Matrix type world"? hahah what would you have said before that movie came out?

Saying that whites believe "Historically they've done nothing wrong" is the most narrow minded and uninformed statement any "typical" I'm a victim because I'm black....and wheres my handout, type of response.
As a black person, you clinging onto the slavery thing is nothing short of martyrdom, and trifle attempts at trying to keep that leverage over white PC freaks.

The reality is, a huge portion of this country now, had nothing to do with slavery at all, many came to the states long after the time of slavery. In fact you asserting that all whites have something to do with US slavery is a bigoted ignorant and uninformed statement.
You know who had the most to do with slavery in the USA...shocker...African tribe leaders, who sold out their own. Way to go Kunta

African tribal chiefs wanted to get rid of their under-performers, their weak, their mentally challenged, as well as their prisoners captured in battle with other tribes, which they used to trade for spices, clothing and other things.

As far as saying I live in some matrix...the reality is I live in a world where you take responsibility for your own actions, work hard, be a good citizen, and do what I can to help others...that really is what this country was founded on.

This is not the case in the black community, blacks play the victim card as an excuse to be and remain lazy, and not take responsibility for themselves.

Blacks do not and will not get respect until such a time that they clean themselves up and start being decent contributors of society, rather that drains on it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

341 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Feel Sorry For Pro-Black Black Women 8 min Drilling for the nerve 413
IRR BLKS are the dumbest people on earth 8 min Comment 1
Threads in spotlight are funny 12 min Analyze_ 2
2pac could have been first black president (Jan '13) 15 min zatellion 13
Whites get no attention on Anglo forum. Ahhh, ... 17 min Analyze_ 5
Relation 18:4 19 min Imagine that 5
new study show that blacks are now richer then ... (Mar '13) 23 min dam 24
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 47 min Slave Coast 88,650
BM Only, About My Freaky White Princess! 1 hr Wilbert 57