Detroit pastor says EM process unfair...

Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

There are 374 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'. In it, Detroit News reports that:

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

United States

#304 Apr 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
And perfect is something that I am not K. All I have is my life experience, and my ability to reason, and my willingness to accept what I see is reality. I didn't choose my birth or my life, but it is my obligation to try and make sense of it. I try to be a good person. I try to respect others. My word is something that I want to mean something. I'm the first to admit I'm flawed K, and I do try to recognize those as objectively as I am capable. When my final act is played, I will stand in judgement by God, and can only hope that he will forgive me for my shortcomings. Until then, I am just another lucky human capitalizing on the blessing of living in this country, and making it a dream rather then a nightmare.

I'm most assuredly not perfect either. I just want people to realize that black folk are really just like everyone else. We work, we take care of our families, we worship God, we try to live life to the fullest. Clearly, we are not perfect. But neither are white people nor anyone else for that matter. I guess I'm so fiery about arrogant white racists is because I see what my white in-laws do and have done that is VERY illegal and VERY immoral. I also have close white friends and many of my white co-workers tell me about their immoral, druggie family members. I just sit back and think to myself like "WOW." "And some of these same white folks have the audacity to sit back and condemn EVERYONE else! What hypocrisy!" So yes, while statistically we look selfish and wicked it really makes one think, are white people or any other people really that much different? Spin it how you want O but, in my brief life experience, I've been around an equal amount of industrious, wonderful people of all colors. I've also been around an equal amount of selfish scumbags of all colors.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#305 Apr 7, 2013
We often hear that the Africans are to blame for the decline and the destruction of the civilized order of America's great cities. Is this really fair? Shouldn't much of the blame be lain at the feet of the welfare industry, as well as the corrupt high paid agenda driven Government judges? And how about the racist elderly revolutionary 60s 70s era politicians (now in power) and their idiot "love children" who advocated, or who went along with integrating the African into previously peaceful non-African neighborhoods? Let's not put all of the blame on the Africans.

Ronald

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#306 Apr 7, 2013
Keepin it Real wrote:
You can debete this subject all you want to but until you confront the crime that follows blacks where ever they live in large numbers you miss the entire pointe. The predisposition to violence and aggression they posess, the thieving .....
are things that most white don't wan to be around.
Blacks insisted in running Det. School and we now have W whle generation of illiterates, Nice work. What do you do wth kids that can't read past A fourth grade level ?
My answer , I carry 45acp when I'm in Detroit
so in essence, we are becoming more and more like the people we have been around for far to long..because god knows, everywhere white folk went disease, genocide, mass rapes, war, etc.. etc.. followed...

the conquistadors, the settlers, the revolution war, civil war, world war I and II, the korean war, etc.. etc..

need some more examples? theres many, many more!!!

wow! we blk have got to get away from you white people. you have literally infected us!!!!

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#307 Apr 7, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is, in order to become a lifeguard, one has to get certified, which means studying, training, taking (and passing) a test. No affirmative action here!
Also, to become a lifeguard, one has to be responsible and competent, how is that working out in Detroit...a race demographic of over 80% black tells me that racially speaking, Detroit is not producing a bunch of lifeguards...AND least we forget with blacks being so afraid of water, I don't your scenario is very realistic!
so all the blk folk that live in michigan live in detroit? you people are really stuck on detroit.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#308 Apr 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet to be resolved? What does America have left to be resolved regarding our past? Your not suggesting that the 100's of thousands who sacrificed their lives during the civil war wasn't enough, are you? Of course your aware that it was northern white republicans that pushed the movement to end slavery and re-unite the union, so blacks all vote democrat to show their thanks. It's that "my glass is half empty" outlook.
the repubs nor the north wanted to end slavery; as a matter of fact, they wanted to expand it..

the NEED to end slavery IN THE SOUTH as it was, was an economical and CAPITALISTIC move.

we just simply played chess by choosing the party that seemed to fit our needs best.

overstand?

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#309 Apr 7, 2013
Ronald wrote:
We often hear that the Africans are to blame for the decline and the destruction of the civilized order of America's great cities. Is this really fair? Shouldn't much of the blame be lain at the feet of the welfare industry, as well as the corrupt high paid agenda driven Government judges? And how about the racist elderly revolutionary 60s 70s era politicians (now in power) and their idiot "love children" who advocated, or who went along with integrating the African into previously peaceful non-African neighborhoods? Let's not put all of the blame on the Africans.
Ronald
we are not africans. we are AMERICANS. just like you assume yourself to be. therefore we are ENTITLED to the exact same rights that any other american enjoys. we are also entitled to much, much more.

im sure your not implying that we are not American in the sense that you white folk consider yourselves to be...last time i checked, every single one of you are IMMIGRANTS to America.

there is no peice of land here on the North American continent that specifically belongs to you and if you and your like intend to entitle yourselves so, you will have to continually FIGHT to keep or make it so....

as long as you can live where you want, we AMERICANS have the same exact right to do the same...

so be on guard. you have a hell of a fight on your hands.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#310 Apr 7, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
we are not africans. we are AMERICANS. just like you assume yourself to be. therefore we are ENTITLED to the exact same rights that any other american enjoys. we are also entitled to much, much more.
im sure your not implying that we are not American in the sense that you white folk consider yourselves to be...last time i checked, every single one of you are IMMIGRANTS to America.
there is no peice of land here on the North American continent that specifically belongs to you and if you and your like intend to entitle yourselves so, you will have to continually FIGHT to keep or make it so....
as long as you can live where you want, we AMERICANS have the same exact right to do the same...
so be on guard. you have a hell of a fight on your hands.
dragonpat.

Do I note a heavy dose of seething antisemitism in your reply? Antisemites often compare the occupation of the North-American continent by White Caucasoid people to the Jewish occupation of Palestine. Are you antisemetic? Wasn't Jesus a "Jew"? Do you hate Christians too?

In post #306 you expressed the commonsense notion that the Africans should live apart so that they might celebrate their own unique "culture". How do you reconcile that position with the Africans' hatred of civilization and all of the norms that civilization has developed?

Ronald

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#311 Apr 8, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
dragonpat.
Do I note a heavy dose of seething antisemitism in your reply? Antisemites often compare the occupation of the North-American continent by White Caucasoid people to the Jewish occupation of Palestine. Are you antisemetic? Wasn't Jesus a "Jew"? Do you hate Christians too?
In post #306 you expressed the commonsense notion that the Africans should live apart so that they might celebrate their own unique "culture". How do you reconcile that position with the Africans' hatred of civilization and all of the norms that civilization has developed?
Ronald
if you mean to address Africans, then you are on the wrong forum.

crazy person, all im saying is that as long as we have not been granted a separate piece of North American land to ourselves, we are entitled without any questions to live and to go as we please. fight it all you want. kill if need be. you are no more entitled to all of the North American continent then we are...and other Americans and American citizens. if you don't like it, go back to where you came from.
bensley bunny

Nashua, NH

#312 Apr 8, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
crazy person, all im saying is that as long as we have not been granted a separate piece of North American land to ourselves, we are entitled without any questions to live and to go as we please. fight it all you want. kill if need be. you are no more entitled to all of the North American continent then we are...and other Americans and American citizens. if you don't like it, go back to where you came from.
Hummm I see the problem here is one of communications.

Your dragonpatness; remember no one can grant you or your people (who ever they are) anything.
you and your people need to go out and earn what you want. get off da couch, learn something and go to work for what you want.
or you can sit on da couch and watch da world go by ( without you Or your people who ever they are)

you can live where ever you can afford to live, go where ever you can afford to go. It's up to you baby cakes you make your own path in life.

ain't nobody going to "grant" you or your people anything what so never.

the grant a wish office on the plantation shut down years ago back in 1865. it was replaced by the welfare office 1965 to look after those to weak minded or lame of spirit to do for themselves.

so be a leader to your self and your people ( who ever they may be) and lead yourself to the promised land just place one foot in front of the other.....
Obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#313 Apr 8, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
the repubs nor the north wanted to end slavery; as a matter of fact, they wanted to expand it..
the NEED to end slavery IN THE SOUTH as it was, was an economical and CAPITALISTIC move.
we just simply played chess by choosing the party that seemed to fit our needs best.
overstand?
Actually DP, blacks were doing much better in almost all categories prior to the late fifties when they went from supporting the republicans in mass to supporting the democrats in mass. Once they went democrat and accepted welfare as a way of life, their condition in America has steadily gotten worse, and the black core family has been virtually destroyed. You just keep voting for the plantation masters DP, they got you and the rest of your people right where they want you.
The Truth

Dearborn, MI

#314 Apr 8, 2013
bensley bunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummm I see the problem here is one of communications.
Problem is typical kneeger makeup.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#315 Apr 8, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
dragonpat.

Exactly! The use of ambiguous language leads to unsound thinking. If the White man would just stand up and say what he means, the Africans wouldn't like him any the better, but at least they might respect him.

Ronald

Level 1

Spartanburg, SC

#316 Apr 8, 2013
Post #128: "People have a very real concern about pit-bulls...why, because they have a propensity to be more aggressive and deadly than other breeds...is there science behind it, is there data to back it up, have people observed enough of a trend to formulate an educated opinion on it?

NOW, this can equally be applied to the blacks that absorb a community...guess what, its the same thing!"

Check this out:
, AND this http://www.youtube.com/watch... , and ESPECIALLY this: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Now, apply "Real Deal" lawed logic to black people, sprinkle in ENVIRONMENT, SOCIAL INTERACTION and guess what, these videos speak VERY LOUD VOLUMES about "The Real Deal" and countless other ignorant Topix bigots. Spin it how you want bigots but guess what the reality is ENVIRONMENT, SOCIAL INTERACTION are real factors that most people choose to ignore.

Level 1

Spartanburg, SC

#317 Apr 8, 2013
*flawed* logic
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#318 Apr 8, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
Post #128: "People have a very real concern about pit-bulls...why, because they have a propensity to be more aggressive and deadly than other breeds...is there science behind it, is there data to back it up, have people observed enough of a trend to formulate an educated opinion on it?
NOW, this can equally be applied to the blacks that absorb a community...guess what, its the same thing!"
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ALpr2adG9hUXX, AND this http://www.youtube.com/watch... , and ESPECIALLY this: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Now, apply "Real Deal" lawed logic to black people, sprinkle in ENVIRONMENT, SOCIAL INTERACTION and guess what, these videos speak VERY LOUD VOLUMES about "The Real Deal" and countless other ignorant Topix bigots. Spin it how you want bigots but guess what the reality is ENVIRONMENT, SOCIAL INTERACTION are real factors that most people choose to ignore.
Kallark27.

Yes. I agree. During the latter half of the 19th century, European explorers ventured forth to explore the interior of the African continent. These were virgin lands where no White man had gone before. It was an excellent opportunity to record the behavior of the African in his natural environment.

Those explorers observed the Africans they encountered and recorded those observations for posterity. They found that the Africans had an ingrained propensity to lie and to steal, to engage in unrestrained promiscuous sex with numerous sexual partners, a tendency towards disorder and social chaos, and a cruelty towards their fellows that is unmatched by any other people. The explorers also observed that enslaving their fellows is a normal and accepted part of African "culture".

One can well sympathize with the stolen Africans. These folk were taken away from their native land and restrained by the bonds of civilization. They have been unable to celebrate their natural "culture" to its fullest extent for 400 years.

In this more enlightened age, few would argue that enslaving the simple African was the right thing to do. The much more greater sin, though, is the ongoing refusal of the racists to return the stolen Africans to where they were stolen. Mother Africa cries out for the return of her stolen children. Isn't it time for the racists to return them to her loving arms?

Ronald
Ron Popeal

Chelmsford, MA

#319 Apr 8, 2013
Don't ever forget the black inventors.
biscuit cutter: A.P. Ashbourne; November 30, 1875
Bill Bonds

Roseville, MI

#320 Apr 8, 2013
You people debate the what if's and the what aints's, but the bottom line is about crime. If the blacks were not by nature predisposed of their violent criminal nature far and above any other race on earth there would be nothing to talk about. Go live among them at Six and Gratiot or Harper and VanDyke then get back with and report about the noble people of which you speak.
You aint got the balls ss STFU Bring your family too R,I.P. See you on the si O:clock news.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#321 Apr 8, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
so all the blk folk that live in michigan live in detroit? you people are really stuck on detroit.
Knock knock....who's there....duhhhhh

This thread is entitled "Detroit pastor says EM process unfair,'a racist move'"

Com'on get with the program! This topic is about "Detroit"!

WOW
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#322 Apr 8, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
Post #128: "People have a very real concern about pit-bulls...why, because they have a propensity to be more aggressive and deadly than other breeds...
HAHA its great that you got so butthurt that you went back almost 200 posts to reply to my post(well sort of reply...that reply button thingie still seems to be a challange)! lol

You have proven yourself to be shallow, empty and quite the hypocrite in the very short time I have had the pleasure of poking holes in nearly everything you try to spew on here.

The reality is, you like so many other blacks, can't find any real or logical argument, so when you lose you can't simply say "you are right", no your kind nearly always pulls out the race card, call names, and even become violent...tell me you didn't have violent thoughts!

You can throw bigot out there all you like, but your hateful and insensitive comments relative to people with mental disabilities, not once, not twice but several times, then to say "get over it" as if you are simply allowed to dismiss how crappy you were being, is totally bigoted! Again showing the hypocrisy of people like you!

You just keep on "not" debating with me...it makes no difference to me! Silly pitbull
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#323 Apr 8, 2013
Bill Bonds wrote:
You people debate the what if's and the what aints's, but the bottom line is about crime. If the blacks were not by nature predisposed of their violent criminal nature far and above any other race on earth there would be nothing to talk about. Go live among them at Six and Gratiot or Harper and VanDyke then get back with and report about the noble people of which you speak.
You aint got the balls ss STFU Bring your family too R,I.P. See you on the si O:clock news.
You are 100% right, yet the blacks will never accept nor will they admit their problems, if they did it would show how bad they really were AND they would be held accountable for fixing it.

Their silence and denial, makes it so they do not have to be responsible for it...they just sit around blaming banks, GM, Wall Street, whites, the makers of Ripple etc etc etc...basically blaming everyone but themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min nanoanomaly 1,564,678
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 3 min KIP 100
WHY do BLACKS move into WHITE NeighborHoods ???? (Nov '11) 3 min Leroy Thompson 1,088
Two thousand seven hundred thirty eight 4 min Formica Jones 2
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 5 min Tee 51
White Heavy Weight Boxers today would mop up Am... 9 min Leroy Thompson 1
Africans Helping to DESTROY the Hated USA World... 12 min Paul 6
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 43 min Formica Jones 813
Dan Snow: OJ is still so handsome. 3 hr Truth 38
More from around the web