Detroit pastor says EM process unfair...

Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

There are 374 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'. In it, Detroit News reports that:

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#284 Apr 6, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the delay. As far as the word retard and retarded, well, I'm sorry you've taken offense to it.
You are a stubborn dolt!
The word retard is like the "N" word, your continued use of it proves you are ignorant and a huge bigot, your continued defense of using it makes you narrow minded and a huge hypocrite!

I am not offended by it, I am merely pointing out how foolish and how much of a hypocrite you are!

I also loved showing how you stuck your foot in your mouth as you sat here and said you are not a child when posting, clearly not the case...although you seem to suffer savant syndrome.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#285 Apr 6, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
there are PLENTY of blk and latin/mexican folk who can swim! how retarded of one to assume their isn't?
And your another moron who cant seem to "get it"!

Another hypocrite that cries on here day after day and says you're all bigots, then says bigoted crap!

Move along fool, you've been outed!
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#286 Apr 6, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
if all white neighborhoods had all blk lifeguards they would complain. so shut up. and the race of the lifeguards should reflect the race of the community; as in most other cases.
The thing is, in order to become a lifeguard, one has to get certified, which means studying, training, taking (and passing) a test. No affirmative action here!

Also, to become a lifeguard, one has to be responsible and competent, how is that working out in Detroit...a race demographic of over 80% black tells me that racially speaking, Detroit is not producing a bunch of lifeguards...AND least we forget with blacks being so afraid of water, I don't your scenario is very realistic!
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#287 Apr 6, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
The notion that non-whites are inferior to whites.
And here we have come full circle it seems...notice how the city has screwed themselves up so bad, they need someone else to come and bail them out!

Although I don't agree with the concept of inferior OR saying "non-whites", more accurately put, it should be "blacks seemingly have a lower work ethic and lower standards than most other races, regardless of geographic location".

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Lincoln Park, MI

#288 Apr 6, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>And here we have come full circle it seems...notice how the city has screwed themselves up so bad, they need someone else to come and bail them out!
Although I don't agree with the concept of inferior OR saying "non-whites", more accurately put, it should be "blacks seemingly have a lower work ethic and lower standards than most other races, regardless of geographic location".
Yeah the city screwed itself up, true enough. So did big banks and wall street and GM, and Chrysler. Guess who bailed them out? You and I and millions of other taxpayers (of all colors). Big deal. You keep whining about the word "retard." I hate to sound heartless but get over it. Comparing it to the "N" word is quite a stretch to say the least. The "N" word was invented by racist white bigots as a spin off of the Spanish word "Negro." I don't see the connection but oh well. Moreover, I apologized if I offended you. However, I will not apologize for what I said. I firmly believe it. The fact that you keep saying the same basic thing over and over again makes me think I was correct in my assumption. You said: "blacks seemingly have a lower work ethic and lower standards than most other races, regardless of geographic location" it's funny how try and clean it up by saying "seemingly." Ah well, it's alright lol.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#289 Apr 6, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the city screwed itself up, true enough. So did big banks and wall street and GM, and Chrysler. Guess who bailed them out? You and I and millions of other taxpayers (of all colors). Big deal. You keep whining about the word "retard." I hate to sound heartless but get over it. Comparing it to the "N" word is quite a stretch to say the least. The "N" word was invented by racist white bigots as a spin off of the Spanish word "Negro." I don't see the connection but oh well. Moreover, I apologized if I offended you. However, I will not apologize for what I said. I firmly believe it. The fact that you keep saying the same basic thing over and over again makes me think I was correct in my assumption. You said: "blacks seemingly have a lower work ethic and lower standards than most other races, regardless of geographic location" it's funny how try and clean it up by saying "seemingly." Ah well, it's alright lol.
Your powers of comprehension are limited it would appear, as I already explained to you that you using the "R" word was as offensive as the "N" word is to your kind, really did not offend me.
My point (again) is to demonstrate how you and people like you, are hypocrites. The whole "You keep whining about the word "retard." I hate to sound heartless but get over it. " use of the word "retard" could be easily be replaced with the "N" word, and would someone saying "You keep whining about the word "ni***r" I hate to sound heartless but get over it."!


You troll these threads looking for the opportunity to call people bigots among other names, when the reality is you are just as if not more guilty of that which you accuse others.
Pretty neat how that worked out, huh?

Lastly...your continued rants about how the big banks, GM Wall street and everyone else screwed up Detroit, is a joke and a typical "blame others" type of argument!

The big banks nor GM nor Wall Street, put trash in the yards, burned down the houses, committed varying crimes up to and including drive-by shootings, caused whorish woman to allow themselves to get knocked up, told people suck the teet of welfare thereby creating lazy welfare offspring...or any other thing that makes Detroit what it is!

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Lincoln Park, MI

#290 Apr 6, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your powers of comprehension are limited it would appear, as I already explained to you that you using the "R" word was as offensive as the "N" word is to your kind, really did not offend me.
My point (again) is to demonstrate how you and people like you, are hypocrites. The whole "You keep whining about the word "retard." I hate to sound heartless but get over it. " use of the word "retard" could be easily be replaced with the "N" word, and would someone saying "You keep whining about the word "ni***r" I hate to sound heartless but get over it."!
You troll these threads looking for the opportunity to call people bigots among other names, when the reality is you are just as if not more guilty of that which you accuse others.
Pretty neat how that worked out, huh?
Lastly...your continued rants about how the big banks, GM Wall street and everyone else screwed up Detroit, is a joke and a typical "blame others" type of argument!
The big banks nor GM nor Wall Street, put trash in the yards, burned down the houses, committed varying crimes up to and including drive-by shootings, caused whorish woman to allow themselves to get knocked up, told people suck the teet of welfare thereby creating lazy welfare offspring...or any other thing that makes Detroit what it is!
LOL you are so funny. Apparently you didn't get what I said at all. Obviously big banks didn't mess up Detroit. The point was that other institutions have screwed up as well. They needed bailouts and emergency management. JUST LIKE DETROIT. Detroit is messed up right now. Everyone knows that. Anything new you want to say?
The Rifelman

Akron, OH

#291 Apr 7, 2013
Yep I Said It wrote:
<quoted text>They are full of schitt. Snyder will/can have the National Guard in Detroit at the snap of a finger.
The interesting thing will be whether or not a policy of "NO-SHOOT" will be the order of the day.Even with national guard intervention you know some idiot will volunteer by firing his "GAT". Look at all the federal money thats been poured into Detroit, Kilpatrick like manuel noriega used U.S. taxpayer dollars to fund a lavish lifestyle for himself and others. Lyndon Johnson while president gave the order that no one was to be shot who was rioting- for those who dont remember he is the same Imbecile who expanded the viet nam war while at the same time hamstringing military commanders who could win it and get it over with. Kilpatrick is alot like Johnson was, an egotistical blowhard who deep down was really a semifunctional Illiterate.Kilpatrick always wanted to be an Elitist like Rino Bush(Elitist) and Socialist Obama (Elitist) he just wasnt very efficient at managing his schemes like the former and current President were and are. Bottom line if you riot and destroy public/private property or loot, you should be shot on sight. This is motivational training for the Savages and also breaks their independent breeding cyle(s).
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#292 Apr 7, 2013
To rifleman...there haven't been much concern about the Detroiters rioting, they are too busy burning down their own neighborhoods still.
I often wondered in puzzlement, who and why would someone burn up their houses when the neighborhoods are already in such bad shape...the answer is they do it to support their thieving ways.
When they light a house up, the residents are put out, the morons come back then take all the copper and other recyclables from the house.
I have a buddy who is a DFD firemen, who told me recently they responded to a fire, and while fighting the house fire, someone had stolen their ladder from the truck. The next day it had been reported that a guy was on a ladder ripping the aluminum siding off the house that had burned...he was using a shiny ladder that was later found to be the DFD's ladder.

Collectively Detroit is comprised of scummy people with nor morals, no values, no scruples, no common sense, they refuse to clean themselves up, they refuse to report (snitch), they simply can't get their crap together on their own which is quite typical with blacks.

Yeah some bleeding heart, head in the sand, excuse spewing fool would try to have people believe its socioeconomic, but this kind of thing is clearly inherent. No matter how impoverished other races get, they never commit to the lowest level of human behavior that we see in Detroit.

One would think that with all the help they get from the government welfare system and all the money and resources that are poured into these ignorant fools lives, they would be appreciative and try to better themselves and their communities...but as it is, they feel entitled and lazy, and are disconnected from the problems!

If the problem is not addressed head on, and in terms the animals understand, then they will be oblivious to anything outside of their bubble!
detroitisracist

Trenton, MI

#293 Apr 7, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
""There have been several white cities that have been in the same situation, yet they don't have an emergency manager," said the Rev. Edwin Rowe of the Central United Methodist Church in Detroit. "This is a racist move."
IT'S ALWAYS RACIST, ISN'T IT?
Rowe said if Snyder appoints an emergency manager for Detroit, three-fourths of the state's African-American residents will be living under such appointees.
SO WHAT?
Rowe and the Rev. Charles Williams II, who led the protest group, charged that Gov. Rick Snyder's emergency manager decision is mostly an effort to help banks and financial institutions holding Detroit's debt while disenfranchising the city's voters.
THERE'S ALWAYS A CHICKEN-EATING PREACHER TO LEAD THE DUMB, ISN'T IT?
Williams claimed the move will lead to "a systematic dismantling of Detroit."
DETROIT IS ALREADY DISMANTLED!
If he were talking directly to Snyder, Williams told an interviewer, "I'd tell him Detroit doesn't need an emergency manager. If he told me he thought we need an emergency manager, I'd tell him to go to hell."
NAW, DETROIT NEEDS TO RETURN BACK TO FARMING BEFORE THE AUTO HAD EVER BEEN INVENTED!
Williams told the small group he planned a rally and possible occupation of the Coleman A. Young Building in Detroit if Snyder sends an emergency manager there next week.
OH, YEAH. LET'S HAVE A "RALLY"!
He also said Detroiters should send the law firm of Snyder's top emergency manager candidate, Kevyn Orr, a message that "we don't need black folks coming to Michigan fronting like they mean to help when they really mean to hurt."
DOES THIS MEANS HE HARBORS SELF-HATE?
Orr is an African-American lawyer in Washington, D.C., who was one of several lawyers who represented Chrysler LLC during its 2009 bankruptcy reorganization.
Wayne County Commissioner Martha Scott of Highland Park said a succession of three emergency managers hasn't turned around her city."
LET US PRAY TO THE GREAT OBAMA GOD, WHO IS THE LORD AND SAVIOR OF NEGROES!
OBTW, the terms "Racist/racism" is now null and void!
You've got it right!! Thank you for these WONDERFUL and TRUTHFUL cmmments. Seems like all negro preachers are racists, and jesse jackass and al farton should keep their busybody noses out of others business. Worry about crook like jesse jackass jr., kwame wamme kilpatrick and the rest of the robbers and thieves!
Keepin it Real

Roseville, MI

#294 Apr 7, 2013
You can debete this subject all you want to but until you confront the crime that follows blacks where ever they live in large numbers you miss the entire pointe. The predisposition to violence and aggression they posess, the thieving .....
are things that most white don't wan to be around.
Blacks insisted in running Det. School and we now have W whle generation of illiterates, Nice work. What do you do wth kids that can't read past A fourth grade level ?
My answer , I carry 45acp when I'm in Detroit
Mr Pitts

Montréal, Canada

#295 Apr 7, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you are so funny. Apparently you didn't get what I said at all. Obviously big banks didn't mess up Detroit. The point was that other institutions have screwed up as well. They needed bailouts and emergency management. JUST LIKE DETROIT. Detroit is messed up right now. Everyone knows that. Anything new you want to say?
Quit wizzing on yourself.
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#296 Apr 7, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
O, I think you're talking about affirmative action. I'm talking about pure diversity. There is nothing wrong with that. I agree with your logic though, but affirmative action is a consequence of America's past that has yet to be resolved. It's here for now.
Yet to be resolved? What does America have left to be resolved regarding our past? Your not suggesting that the 100's of thousands who sacrificed their lives during the civil war wasn't enough, are you? Of course your aware that it was northern white republicans that pushed the movement to end slavery and re-unite the union, so blacks all vote democrat to show their thanks. It's that "my glass is half empty" outlook.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#297 Apr 7, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see people say that a particular ethnic group is "inherently wicked" angers me to no end because it's a GIANT lie! I personally think diversity is a GREAT thing.
Your just in GIANT denial!
If 95+% of blacks all act the same way, then you can say a characteristic trend exists among this race (ie inherent).
Aside of the majority of blacks around the world having some odd propensity to have the same characteristics, anyone with a set of eyes and a bit of honesty, will tell you when blacks run something, it typically has a far greater likely hood in failing.

I am quite sure studies have been done, and further could be done to show this, but for some odd reason we as a people want to bury this truth and the reality of the problem.

When blacks took over the city of Detroit there was a coffer that was inherited, consisting of hundreds of millions. When the power was finally and fully transferred over to the blacks, the hemorrhage and convoy of corruption began...as is the case in any major US city. This also can be seen around the world, including the "motherland"!

By the way DIVERSITY as it is being used today, is another word for affirmative action!
It figures a black would like "diversity", it comes along with their sense of entitlement they seem to have!
Getting something for nothing...its the black vision statement.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Grafton, OH

#298 Apr 7, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Your just in GIANT denial!
If 95+% of blacks all act the same way, then you can say a characteristic trend exists among this race (ie inherent).
Aside of the majority of blacks around the world having some odd propensity to have the same characteristics, anyone with a set of eyes and a bit of honesty, will tell you when blacks run something, it typically has a far greater likely hood in failing.
I am quite sure studies have been done, and further could be done to show this, but for some odd reason we as a people want to bury this truth and the reality of the problem.
When blacks took over the city of Detroit there was a coffer that was inherited, consisting of hundreds of millions. When the power was finally and fully transferred over to the blacks, the hemorrhage and convoy of corruption began...as is the case in any major US city. This also can be seen around the world, including the "motherland"!
By the way DIVERSITY as it is being used today, is another word for affirmative action!
It figures a black would like "diversity", it comes along with their sense of entitlement they seem to have!
Getting something for nothing...its the black vision statement.
You know what Real Deal forget it. Lol I'm going to debate with you no more over this subject. You retain your opinion and I'll retain mine. This debate was fun at first but intransigence is really beginning to grate on my nerves. Enjoy your perception of reality. That is beauty of being an individual thinker. We can enjoy our relatively independent thought processes. Enjoy!
Obskeptic

Ypsilanti, MI

#299 Apr 7, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Your just in GIANT denial!
If 95+% of blacks all act the same way, then you can say a characteristic trend exists among this race (ie inherent).
Aside of the majority of blacks around the world having some odd propensity to have the same characteristics, anyone with a set of eyes and a bit of honesty, will tell you when blacks run something, it typically has a far greater likely hood in failing.
I am quite sure studies have been done, and further could be done to show this, but for some odd reason we as a people want to bury this truth and the reality of the problem.
When blacks took over the city of Detroit there was a coffer that was inherited, consisting of hundreds of millions. When the power was finally and fully transferred over to the blacks, the hemorrhage and convoy of corruption began...as is the case in any major US city. This also can be seen around the world, including the "motherland"!
By the way DIVERSITY as it is being used today, is another word for affirmative action!
It figures a black would like "diversity", it comes along with their sense of entitlement they seem to have!
Getting something for nothing...its the black vision statement.
You do hit hard TRD, and with plenty of truth. All I can say is I am glad I am not a black person bogged down in all the baggage and bad stats that go along with it. Not that whites or anybody has it easy, because those folks are the few. I was taught early that life is not fair, and that nobody owes you nothing. Keep your hands off what's not yours, and treat all your elders with respect. I'm fifty now and It works! Also, I grew up in Farmington. Farmington Public Schools. Class of 81'
My Nority

Mesquite, NV

#300 Apr 7, 2013
Always better to receive than to give. It's Christmas all the time in the hood.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Jeffersonville, IN

#301 Apr 7, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
You do hit hard TRD, and with plenty of truth. All I can say is I am glad I am not a black person bogged down in all the baggage and bad stats that go along with it. Not that whites or anybody has it easy, because those folks are the few. I was taught early that life is not fair, and that nobody owes you nothing. Keep your hands off what's not yours, and treat all your elders with respect. I'm fifty now and It works! Also, I grew up in Farmington. Farmington Public Schools. Class of 81'
O, you really surprise me. The scriptures say the only thing inherent to human beings is sin, imperfection, and death. The rest really depends upon one's environment. Scientists have proven that genetics can determine a person's measure of intelligence. In other words, mental retardation can be passed along from parent to child. But to, in essence, eat up the regurgitated filth coming out TRD's mouth is a bit surprising. One thing I will say I hate about your posts is your tacit racial arrogance. You speak as if your so concerned about blacks yet it seems that with every post you comment on the negative aspects of our culture. You at one time spoke about your wife being pregnant and how you had to marry her. It was no way your child was going to be born out of wedlock. Right before that statement you made mention of sexually irresponsible, immoral black people. It's like you say: "Heaven forbid I do something like a black person." As if we are all immoral and sexually irresponsible. Prove me wrong. If my assumptions about you are wrong tell me. As far as the Totally Racist Dude, well, he can enjoy his perception of reality.
Honest Abe

Montréal, Canada

#302 Apr 7, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
O, you really surprise me. The scriptures say the only thing inherent to human beings is sin, imperfection, and death. The rest really depends upon one's environment. Scientists have proven that genetics can determine a person's measure of intelligence. In other words, mental retardation can be passed along from parent to child. But to, in essence, eat up the regurgitated filth coming out TRD's mouth is a bit surprising. One thing I will say I hate about your posts is your tacit racial arrogance. You speak as if your so concerned about blacks yet it seems that with every post you comment on the negative aspects of our culture. You at one time spoke about your wife being pregnant and how you had to marry her. It was no way your child was going to be born out of wedlock. Right before that statement you made mention of sexually irresponsible, immoral black people. It's like you say: "Heaven forbid I do something like a black person." As if we are all immoral and sexually irresponsible. Prove me wrong. If my assumptions about you are wrong tell me. As far as the Totally Racist Dude, well, he can enjoy his perception of reality.
Blacks would all have to become Mormons if they were going to marry the pregnant girlfriends. OH, that wouldn't work either. It would have to be a religion of polyandry so the women could marry multiple men. Oh, that wouldn't work either. It needs to be a society that allows a matrix of multiple wives and husbands at the same time.
Obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#303 Apr 7, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
O, you really surprise me. The scriptures say the only thing inherent to human beings is sin, imperfection, and death. The rest really depends upon one's environment. Scientists have proven that genetics can determine a person's measure of intelligence. In other words, mental retardation can be passed along from parent to child. But to, in essence, eat up the regurgitated filth coming out TRD's mouth is a bit surprising. One thing I will say I hate about your posts is your tacit racial arrogance. You speak as if your so concerned about blacks yet it seems that with every post you comment on the negative aspects of our culture. You at one time spoke about your wife being pregnant and how you had to marry her. It was no way your child was going to be born out of wedlock. Right before that statement you made mention of sexually irresponsible, immoral black people. It's like you say: "Heaven forbid I do something like a black person." As if we are all immoral and sexually irresponsible. Prove me wrong. If my assumptions about you are wrong tell me. As far as the Totally Racist Dude, well, he can enjoy his perception of reality.
And perfect is something that I am not K. All I have is my life experience, and my ability to reason, and my willingness to accept what I see is reality. I didn't choose my birth or my life, but it is my obligation to try and make sense of it. I try to be a good person. I try to respect others. My word is something that I want to mean something. I'm the first to admit I'm flawed K, and I do try to recognize those as objectively as I am capable. When my final act is played, I will stand in judgement by God, and can only hope that he will forgive me for my shortcomings. Until then, I am just another lucky human capitalizing on the blessing of living in this country, and making it a dream rather then a nightmare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Got into it with the cafeteria worker this morning 4 min SlayWithTheTruth 20
The BLEAK FUTURE of Tiny U S A 8 min Trayvons Last Ski... 6
BIG DADDY!!! I'm over here! 9 min misfit 0676 1
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 11 min misfit 0676 1,066
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min VetnorsGate 1,497,438
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 23 min Real 51,346
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 32 min Real 136,923
Why Are White Women Adopting Black Babies? 3 hr dbiggs69 43
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 3 hr TheFightinthedog 46
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 7 hr Lori899 1,366
More from around the web