Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

There are 374 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'. In it, Detroit News reports that:

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Knoxville, TN

#264 Apr 4, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>So isn't this just typical...you can't come up with a logical, rational or civil response so you resort to name calling and personal attacks? We see this within the black community all the time, those that cannot calmly and with civility, handle many situations, so they resort to foul rude and vile name calling as well as and including violence.
By the way, isn't it funny you are so bigoted and ignorant in your name calling. Similar as if anyone calls you the "N" word, you calling anybody a retard is extremely offensive and hurtful to many, and really shows your short sighted and limited intellect!
Funny about that, but I guess one could expect nothing less than hypocrisy from the internet troll who is a know-it-all!
NEXT!
I think your reading comprehension may be in question. I asked you those questions because either you can't see that, on multiple occasions, I've admitted that the black community is guilty of many self-inflicted wounds that have yet to heal until we take responsibility for that. I said mentally retarded, not to be disrespectful to mentally challenged people or to denigrate your intellect, but to comment on the fact that you won't accept my acknowledgement of facts. I don't name call like a third grader. If I make a statement, there is some reason behind it. Clear enough now?
Bolontiku

Mesquite, NV

#265 Apr 4, 2013
Work with me here as I may have a partial answer. After studying the Mayan culture it is clear that sacrifices are important. The killing in Detroit could in reality be sacrifices to the god of fertility. We have empirical evidence that these sacrifices are working as the fecundity of black society is unquestioned.

Hope this helps.
Meanie

Madison Heights, MI

#266 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your reading comprehension may be in question. I asked you those questions because either you can't see that, on multiple occasions, I've admitted that the black community is guilty of many self-inflicted wounds that have yet to heal until we take responsibility for that. I said mentally retarded, not to be disrespectful to mentally challenged people or to denigrate your intellect, but to comment on the fact that you won't accept my acknowledgement of facts. I don't name call like a third grader. If I make a statement, there is some reason behind it. Clear enough now?
Kallark, I'm going out on a limb and offering you my apologies for being harsh. I'm aware of your position and I'm aware of your frustration of what you may believe from some as self righteous, arrogant, etc. I cannot watch with a hypocritical mindset knowing I have done the same and yet, to you. I know you've made your stance clear within these racial topics and frankly, I haven't noticed any changes.

The fact is, I wish we, as human, could all learn to live amongst each other peacefully. Unfortunately, that will never partake. I hate to have these feelings about other people. In fact, the more I view people as a whole, the more I love my pets. Society is increasing with greed, selfishness, inconsideration, etc. and I hate it. It becomes worse when I further view the negative differences within various cultures, even my own. I don't consider myself racist, but I will admit to being prejudice. I will ALWAYS provide a benefit of a doubt upon meeting anew, but in honesty, my initial mindset starts with the generalized character of that persons culture/race. If they prove me wrong, fantastic, but that trust and respect requires earning, as I would expect the same from them about me. Regardless, my apologies for being an idiot. Some people deserve their label, IMO, you're not one of them. As Obskeptic stated, I would also be glad to have you as a neighbor.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#267 Apr 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't name call like a third grader.
Oh man, people like you always eat your words! lol
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the Fake...ahem...Real Deal is back LOL.
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain is an "uncivilized neanderthal."
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ppl can knock these rappers all they want. The fact remains that they are still very sharp businessman who are fabulously wealthy. All these ignorant trolls can do is scream white power! Lol where has that gotten them?? Nowhere but their parents basement.
Kallark27 wrote:
I see the trolls can't my groin out of their mouth. I must taste good or something.
Kallark27 wrote:
My posts are like bananas being tossed to the albino caucachimps on Topix. It keeps these retards pacified...as I said, keep it up boys!
So with that last quote above let me post a reminder...
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said mentally retarded, not to be disrespectful to mentally challenged people
The word retarded and retard is considered offensive no matter the context in which you use it...it is considered bigoted and akin to what racism is, yet you use it over and over. This level of ignorance of yours has clearly caused you to squarely put your foot in your hypocritical mouth!

Way to go, and keep up the good work!

NEXT!

Level 1

Farmington, MI

#268 Apr 5, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man, people like you always eat your words! lol
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So with that last quote above let me post a reminder...
<quoted text>
The word retarded and retard is considered offensive no matter the context in which you use it...it is considered bigoted and akin to what racism is, yet you use it over and over. This level of ignorance of yours has clearly caused you to squarely put your foot in your hypocritical mouth!
Way to go, and keep up the good work!
NEXT!
Sorry for the delay. As far as the word retard and retarded, well, I'm sorry you've taken offense to it. I stand by my statements 100%. My intentions were not to denigrate or disrespect mentally challenged persons. Nor was it my intention to insult your intelligence. Those words were not intended to be some kind of grade school insult either. They were based off of my observations of your replies to me. You seem to willfully ignore my explicit acknowledgements of your statements. The only explanations I could think of was some kind mental impairment on your part, blindness, or difficulty comprehending words or symbols as with dyslexic persons. Is it clear enough to you now?

NEXT!

Level 1

Allen Park, MI

#269 Apr 5, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Kallark, I'm going out on a limb and offering you my apologies for being harsh. I'm aware of your position and I'm aware of your frustration of what you may believe from some as self righteous, arrogant, etc. I cannot watch with a hypocritical mindset knowing I have done the same and yet, to you. I know you've made your stance clear within these racial topics and frankly, I haven't noticed any changes.
The fact is, I wish we, as human, could all learn to live amongst each other peacefully. Unfortunately, that will never partake. I hate to have these feelings about other people. In fact, the more I view people as a whole, the more I love my pets. Society is increasing with greed, selfishness, inconsideration, etc. and I hate it. It becomes worse when I further view the negative differences within various cultures, even my own. I don't consider myself racist, but I will admit to being prejudice. I will ALWAYS provide a benefit of a doubt upon meeting anew, but in honesty, my initial mindset starts with the generalized character of that persons culture/race. If they prove me wrong, fantastic, but that trust and respect requires earning, as I would expect the same from them about me. Regardless, my apologies for being an idiot. Some people deserve their label, IMO, you're not one of them. As Obskeptic stated, I would also be glad to have you as a neighbor.
Well Meanie, I appreciate your words. If I've offended you with my words I apologize as well. I know my statements can be quite incisive, ESPECIALLY towards self-righteous, hypocritical people. I am very passionate about the human race, fairness, equality, God, and my community. When I see people say that a particular ethnic group is "inherently wicked" angers me to no end because it's a GIANT lie! I personally think diversity is a GREAT thing. Unfortunately, society is as selfish and greedy and violent as you say. I appreciate your frankness about being prejudice. I am too to an extent. To everyone. I can't lie about that. But as I said, I apologize if I offended you as well. It would be nice to have responsible neighbors like you and O.
Jesse

Mesquite, NV

#270 Apr 5, 2013
Get a room boys.

Level 1

Mount Morris, MI

#271 Apr 5, 2013
Jesse wrote:
Get a room boys.
Uhhhh ewww. No way. No how, Jesse.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#272 Apr 6, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Meanie, I appreciate your words. If I've offended you with my words I apologize as well. I know my statements can be quite incisive, ESPECIALLY towards self-righteous, hypocritical people. I am very passionate about the human race, fairness, equality, God, and my community. When I see people say that a particular ethnic group is "inherently wicked" angers me to no end because it's a GIANT lie! I personally think diversity is a GREAT thing. Unfortunately, society is as selfish and greedy and violent as you say. I appreciate your frankness about being prejudice. I am too to an extent. To everyone. I can't lie about that. But as I said, I apologize if I offended you as well. It would be nice to have responsible neighbors like you and O.
I have to disagree with you about celebrating "diversity" K. I think that placing an emphasis on diversity over competence and excellence is a dangerous thing, and should never have been allowed to become part of our lexicon. I use the current situation in AZ as an example. The City of Phoenix is trying to recruit lifeguards for their 26 public pools for the summer season. They are no longer taking applications from qualified whites because they have to many. They want black and hispanic lifeguards because the majority of the public using the pools are black and hispanic so they want lifeguards that can "relate" to their customers. The only problem is finding enough of them that want a job, and can actually swim. The city doesn't care if you can swim or not because being black or hispanic is more important then your actual training or abilities to save a drowning persons life. Maybe they will keep the qualified whites around in case they need to save the "diversity" lifeguard in an emergency, who knows, but this is the kind of liberal reasoning that simply defies any modicum of common sense. Whats more important to you K, having a lifeguard you can "relate" to, or your kids life being saved because they had qualified help on staff?
Juan

Montréal, Canada

#273 Apr 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you about celebrating "diversity" K. I think that placing an emphasis on diversity over competence and excellence is a dangerous thing, and should never have been allowed to become part of our lexicon. I use the current situation in AZ as an example. The City of Phoenix is trying to recruit lifeguards for their 26 public pools for the summer season. They are no longer taking applications from qualified whites because they have to many. They want black and hispanic lifeguards because the majority of the public using the pools are black and hispanic so they want lifeguards that can "relate" to their customers. The only problem is finding enough of them that want a job, and can actually swim. The city doesn't care if you can swim or not because being black or hispanic is more important then your actual training or abilities to save a drowning persons life. Maybe they will keep the qualified whites around in case they need to save the "diversity" lifeguard in an emergency, who knows, but this is the kind of liberal reasoning that simply defies any modicum of common sense. Whats more important to you K, having a lifeguard you can "relate" to, or your kids life being saved because they had qualified help on staff?
Drain the pool. They finding too many turds now.
The Truth

Roseville, MI

#274 Apr 6, 2013
Whites moved out because #igers moved in and brought in with them crime violence and murder. That is the reason. That with the fact that they have no respect for property, educatiion, or even
the family unit. They are genetically predisposed
of violence. athese are the trate that helped them to survive in the jungles of Africa.
At the end of the day it's about crime and violences period. You shed these cannibal those traits and I may not need my CPL Until then I'carry my nine MM colt and hope I never have to use it

Level 1

Allen Park, MI

#275 Apr 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
O, I think you're talking about affirmative action. I'm talking about pure diversity. There is nothing wrong with that. I agree with your logic though, but affirmative action is a consequence of America's past that has yet to be resolved. It's here for now.
dat beez nene

Birmingham, MI

#276 Apr 6, 2013
In your personal life do you think you have more success if you address your own failures and shortcomings and fix them or blame external forces and wait for someone else to fix them ?
Professor

Montréal, Canada

#277 Apr 6, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
O, I think you're talking about affirmative action. I'm talking about pure diversity. There is nothing wrong with that. I agree with your logic though, but affirmative action is a consequence of America's past that has yet to be resolved. It's here for now.
If you need affirmative action, you are not equal. Period.Many knowledgeable blacks have rejected the notion of inferiority that is at the core.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#278 Apr 6, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
if all white neighborhoods had all blk lifeguards they would complain. so shut up. and the race of the lifeguards should reflect the race of the community; as in most other cases.

there are PLENTY of blk and latin/mexican folk who can swim! how retarded of one to assume their isn't?

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#279 Apr 6, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need affirmative action, you are not equal. Period.Many knowledgeable blacks have rejected the notion of inferiority that is at the core.
affirmative action has nothing to do with inferiority in a highly racist society. i don't know why "many knowledgeable blacks" have rejected affirmative action when it mostly benefitted white women.

so in essence i guess they would have the right to say so in this catch 22 situation because if a blk person is highly successfull in america, they deffinitely got to where they were by the boot strap method.
Seth Goldstein

Lewisburg, PA

#280 Apr 6, 2013
With jesse and al getting long in the tooth there is a need for younger shouters and screamers for equality. Jesse and al are selling franchises to the “no justice, no peace” racket and these empty headed Detroit idiots who call themselves ministers are stepping up. Just think, white booty, shakedowns of companies for money and your mugs on msnbc and cnn daily
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#281 Apr 6, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
if all white neighborhoods had all blk lifeguards they would complain. so shut up. and the race of the lifeguards should reflect the race of the community; as in most other cases.
there are PLENTY of blk and latin/mexican folk who can swim! how retarded of one to assume their isn't?
I'm not the one advertising for lifeguard employees, Phoenix is DP. Can you swim?

Level 1

Livonia, MI

#282 Apr 6, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
..."the notion of inferiority that is at the core." I thought affirmative cam about originally because of pervasive racism in the workforce towards minorities? The notion that non-whites are inferior to whites.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#283 Apr 6, 2013
The topic of diversity as it is today, is quite similar to, and for all practical purposes is a replacement for affirmative action.
When a company hires a "diversity" candidate, it simply tells everyone in the entire organization that another undeveloped, unqualified, under-performer or overall "inferior" candidate is about to fill a position that some truly deserving person did not!

But like any form of welfare, it is a bad proposition all the way around, since it tends to give people some false sense of entitlement that they certainly never really earned.

When one looks at the state of Detroit for example, we see a city of self imposed despair, a literal shitpile of nastiness created by those who wait for anyone/everyone else to fix. There is a sense of entitle these lazy lowlifes have, that has been given to them by the welfare minded system that is in place that keeps them down.
All they seem to understand and know is that they take from others, they don't have to work (or wait) for anything!

Pathetic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do men mistreat nice women (Oct '08) 4 min T-BOS 65
Wake up! "AFRICAN AMERICANS" are not AFRICAN. (Feb '11) 5 min Stupid Thread 924
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! 5 min Jabba 364
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,232,824
What color was Jesus Christ 8 min ImperfectLikeU 119
Do black girls like us hispanic boys (Sep '11) 8 min T-BOS 141
Poll Why Do Outlaw Biker Gangs Allow Hispanics To Jo... (Feb '11) 10 min Hellywood 129
Ruined day at the beach 12 min Hellywood 23
34 Murdered in Baltimore Since Freddie Gray Died 16 min Hellywood 100
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 120,617
All women prefer white men 2 hr Hellywood 4,653
More from around the web