Detroit pastor says EM process unfair...

Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

There are 374 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'. In it, Detroit News reports that:

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#203 Mar 31, 2013
Kenneth wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit is nearly all black. How is reporting all that crime the subject of bias? Did those 400 people not die?
I go to Detroit. I see drugs and prostitution. I see gangs. I have seen violence too. I see who the perpetrators are. When I come home, I don't see these things. I take a hot shower without fear of someone kicking the door in. YMMV
Your comment only makes sense as a way of diverting from the facts.
you should see all of this along 8 mile among your own and drugs are EVERYWHERE. one jewish man told me that white folk in the burbs use drugs just as much as us in the city but the burbanites are usually able to afford the best drug treatment facilities!

right from the horses mouth!

now southfield has a VERY HEAVY blk population, do you see crime, drugs and gangs there to?
Leon

Mesquite, NV

#204 Mar 31, 2013
Tommy Hearns be protecting the hood out there.
Rose

Mesquite, NV

#205 Mar 31, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
you should see all of this along 8 mile among your own and drugs are EVERYWHERE. one jewish man told me that white folk in the burbs use drugs just as much as us in the city but the burbanites are usually able to afford the best drug treatment facilities!
right from the horses mouth!
now southfield has a VERY HEAVY blk population, do you see crime, drugs and gangs there to?
According to City-Data, Southfield has a crime idex of 326 compared to the national of 319 and Detroit's 1026. This is very impressive with 70% African Americans. How do they do that? Detroit leaders have been taking money under false pretenses.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#206 Mar 31, 2013
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
According to City-Data, Southfield has a crime idex of 326 compared to the national of 319 and Detroit's 1026. This is very impressive with 70% African Americans. How do they do that? Detroit leaders have been taking money under false pretenses.
it just means that southfield is a more economically advantageous area then inner city detroit. nothing impressive there.

now where is your crime index for majority white areas.
Rose

Mesquite, NV

#207 Mar 31, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
it just means that southfield is a more economically advantageous area then inner city detroit. nothing impressive there.
now where is your crime index for majority white areas.
Brighton Michigan is 95% white, 0% black and has half the national average crime rate at 148.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#208 Mar 31, 2013
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Brighton Michigan is 95% white, 0% black and has half the national average crime rate at 148.
what is the economic reality? why you didn't mention crime stats for 8 mile?
Rose

Mesquite, NV

#209 Mar 31, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime stats are not broken down by street except possibly on the local police blotter. Use your imagination.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#210 Mar 31, 2013
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime stats are not broken down by street except possibly on the local police blotter. Use your imagination.
just what i thought.. you were talking non-sense from the start.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#211 Mar 31, 2013
Blacks are and continue to be in denial!

The reason is simple, because if they (the blacks) take obvious and rightfully earned blame, then it proves all the statistics, numbers, observations, and cold hard truth as exactly that....the facts!
It also means they (the blacks) would be forced to get off their lazy assses, take some responsibility, and fix the mess they made. Hmmm imagine that!

Reality....what a concept!!!

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

#212 Mar 31, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
The reason is simple, because if they (the blacks) take obvious and rightfully earned blame, then it proves all the statistics, numbers, observations, and cold hard truth as exactly that....the facts!
It also means they (the blacks) would be forced to get off their lazy assses, take some responsibility, and fix the mess they made. Hmmm imagine that!
Did you see something on TV that ruffled your feathers? You must really love the sound of your voice huh?? Keep on preaching to the choir man. It's not going to change Detroit's plight at all. The thing I don't understand is why you care sooooo much. You're probably nestled in some comfortable suburb away from the hordes of maniacal, irresponsible blacks. How does the situation of Detroit affect you?

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#213 Apr 1, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
lol!! can't really debate a crazy person.
Obskeptic

United States

#214 Apr 1, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
The economic reality DP is the majority of whites wake up everyday and go to work. And by the way, my grandfather was Irish, and even being white, was discriminated against viciously by other whites.
Art Bell

New York, NY

#215 Apr 1, 2013
They are even complaining about the free police and EMS vehicles now. They say it's a plan to take jobs from the mechanics who maintain those vehicles with 300K on them.
How can you win with logic like this?

Level 1

Spartanburg, SC

#216 Apr 1, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!! can't really debate a crazy person.
So true. Lol he just needs something to complain about to feel better about himself. The problems of Detroit probably don't impact him at all. It's just so easy to bash Detroit when he's feeling down

Level 1

Spartanburg, SC

#217 Apr 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The economic reality DP is the majority of whites wake up everyday and go to work. And by the way, my grandfather was Irish, and even being white, was discriminated against viciously by other whites.
And the majority of blacks don't wake up everyday and go to work? I don't understand your point O.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#218 Apr 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
irish, no matter what they went through are now entitled WHITE AMERICANS. no one feels sorry for you or your grandpa.

yea, white folk get eeeeeeaaaarrrlllly in the morning everyday and go to work...i see PLENTY working on freeway exits with signs talking about "hungry."

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#219 Apr 1, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. Lol he just needs something to complain about to feel better about himself. The problems of Detroit probably don't impact him at all. It's just so easy to bash Detroit when he's feeling down
i wish i did negatively affect him.
The Truth

Dearborn, MI

#220 Apr 1, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
irish, no matter what they went through are now entitled WHITE AMERICANS. no one feels sorry for you or your grandpa.
yea, white folk get eeeeeeaaaarrrlllly in the morning everyday and go to work...i see PLENTY working on freeway exits with signs talking about "hungry."
Because you're too f*cking stupid to understand the population of white people far exceeds the black population by 5 times or more. Of course there will be more whites on the streets, you imbecile. How about explaining why there is roughly 12% of the black population yet they are the majority in US prisons?
Alerter

Montréal, Canada

#221 Apr 1, 2013
You folk are all getting trolled so well by dragon. Maybe he doesn't even believe what he says. It doesn't matter. He stirs the pot and you all dip your spoons in for a taste.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#222 Apr 1, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're too f*cking stupid to understand the population of white people far exceeds the black population by 5 times or more. Of course there will be more whites on the streets, you imbecile. How about explaining why there is roughly 12% of the black population yet they are the majority in US prisons?
LOLOLOL!! you are the genius here, you explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,402,983
White people stole from everyone in history wit... (Feb '12) 5 min DDD1003 159
NEANDERTHALS made WHITES more INTELLIGENT (Apr '13) 10 min Curious Me 1,629
White men not as strong as black women 16 min big Andrew 1
Africans discovered the AMERICA before Columbus! (Jan '12) 25 min Redefined 8,032
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 41 min darnell 47,272
News Santa Fe officer calls city 'most racist place ... 55 min Bosoito 19
Dallas Shooter wrote "RB" in blood 1 hr bluestreak returns 289
News Black therapist with hands up shot by cops whil... 4 hr Sicklecell Supporter 146
More from around the web