Detroit pastor says EM process unfair, 'a racist move'

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit News

About 50 Detroiters watched a telecast of the emergency manager appeal in an overflow room here in the G. Mennan Williams Building and then expressed anger with a process they saw as unfair.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of374
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hotlanta

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

""There have been several white cities that have been in the same situation, yet they don't have an emergency manager," said the Rev. Edwin Rowe of the Central United Methodist Church in Detroit. "This is a racist move."

IT'S ALWAYS RACIST, ISN'T IT?

Rowe said if Snyder appoints an emergency manager for Detroit, three-fourths of the state's African-American residents will be living under such appointees.

SO WHAT?

Rowe and the Rev. Charles Williams II, who led the protest group, charged that Gov. Rick Snyder's emergency manager decision is mostly an effort to help banks and financial institutions holding Detroit's debt while disenfranchising the city's voters.

THERE'S ALWAYS A CHICKEN-EATING PREACHER TO LEAD THE DUMB, ISN'T IT?

Williams claimed the move will lead to "a systematic dismantling of Detroit."

DETROIT IS ALREADY DISMANTLED!

If he were talking directly to Snyder, Williams told an interviewer, "I'd tell him Detroit doesn't need an emergency manager. If he told me he thought we need an emergency manager, I'd tell him to go to hell."

NAW, DETROIT NEEDS TO RETURN BACK TO FARMING BEFORE THE AUTO HAD EVER BEEN INVENTED!

Williams told the small group he planned a rally and possible occupation of the Coleman A. Young Building in Detroit if Snyder sends an emergency manager there next week.

OH, YEAH. LET'S HAVE A "RALLY"!

He also said Detroiters should send the law firm of Snyder's top emergency manager candidate, Kevyn Orr, a message that "we don't need black folks coming to Michigan fronting like they mean to help when they really mean to hurt."

DOES THIS MEANS HE HARBORS SELF-HATE?

Orr is an African-American lawyer in Washington, D.C., who was one of several lawyers who represented Chrysler LLC during its 2009 bankruptcy reorganization.

Wayne County Commissioner Martha Scott of Highland Park said a succession of three emergency managers hasn't turned around her city."

LET US PRAY TO THE GREAT OBAMA GOD, WHO IS THE LORD AND SAVIOR OF NEGROES!

OBTW, the terms "Racist/racism" is now null and void!
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Hotlanta wrote:
""There have been several white cities that have been in the same situation, yet they don't have an emergency manager," said the Rev. Edwin Rowe of the Central United Methodist Church in Detroit. "This is a racist move."
IT'S ALWAYS RACIST, ISN'T IT?
Rowe said if Snyder appoints an emergency manager for Detroit, three-fourths of the state's African-American residents will be living under such appointees.
SO WHAT?
Rowe and the Rev. Charles Williams II, who led the protest group, charged that Gov. Rick Snyder's emergency manager decision is mostly an effort to help banks and financial institutions holding Detroit's debt while disenfranchising the city's voters.
THERE'S ALWAYS A CHICKEN-EATING PREACHER TO LEAD THE DUMB, ISN'T IT?
Williams claimed the move will lead to "a systematic dismantling of Detroit."
DETROIT IS ALREADY DISMANTLED!
If he were talking directly to Snyder, Williams told an interviewer, "I'd tell him Detroit doesn't need an emergency manager. If he told me he thought we need an emergency manager, I'd tell him to go to hell."
NAW, DETROIT NEEDS TO RETURN BACK TO FARMING BEFORE THE AUTO HAD EVER BEEN INVENTED!
Williams told the small group he planned a rally and possible occupation of the Coleman A. Young Building in Detroit if Snyder sends an emergency manager there next week.
OH, YEAH. LET'S HAVE A "RALLY"!
He also said Detroiters should send the law firm of Snyder's top emergency manager candidate, Kevyn Orr, a message that "we don't need black folks coming to Michigan fronting like they mean to help when they really mean to hurt."
DOES THIS MEANS HE HARBORS SELF-HATE?
Orr is an African-American lawyer in Washington, D.C., who was one of several lawyers who represented Chrysler LLC during its 2009 bankruptcy reorganization.
Wayne County Commissioner Martha Scott of Highland Park said a succession of three emergency managers hasn't turned around her city."
LET US PRAY TO THE GREAT OBAMA GOD, WHO IS THE LORD AND SAVIOR OF NEGROES!
OBTW, the terms "Racist/racism" is now null and void!
Let's hope Detroit is different. Because Detroit is the state's largest city, more eyes will be cast upon the project. Snyder has his butt in the fight and he doesn't like failure. All the proposed mayoral candidates vow to act so well that the EFM will have to leave early.

Public safety is the big spender and there is not much left to cut. But we hear of Detroit not collecting half the property taxes. Either collect or take the property and demolish it for a fresh start. Collect those unpaid water and income tax bills too. There is simply no need for unpaid income tax. It may well be that all these so called unpaid bills are mostly mistakes by the city's auditing system. It has occurred to me that a few household computers or servers would be capable of running things much more efficiently. The right EFM could firm up the income stream and set a budget that is within those limits. Then turn it back over to the city and see how long it lasts.

I doubt that Belle Isle or the water system will be sold. Commercialization of the island and some other parks should be embraced. Charge at least a buck to cross to the island.

It's all doable so do it and try not to spend outsider money.
Plank

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I'd call it more parental supervision or perhaps "racial supervision." Kids can't manage their finances and parents are required to step in until such ability is present. Just replace race with kid and the analogy hold up. The blatant difference is that you can expect kids to grow and learn.
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Ed Shultz did a great job tonight showing how ugly pRick snyper really is.
Monkey Business

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

They are just A few generations removed from mud huts and loin clothes. Good god they had no writen language, no counting system. They didn't even have the wheel. They were stone age just A few hundred years ago, cut them some slack. Detroit is
like Mogadishu, all you need is the goats. Give them more guns and goats and let them sort it out. Just build A wall around the city. They can sort it out.
Hotlanta

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Monkey Business wrote:
They are just A few generations removed from mud huts and loin clothes. Good god they had no writen language, no counting system. They didn't even have the wheel. They were stone age just A few hundred years ago, cut them some slack. Detroit is
like Mogadishu, all you need is the goats. Give them more guns and goats and let them sort it out. Just build A wall around the city. They can sort it out.
" They are just A few generations removed from mud huts and loin clothes. "

So are some white Europeans!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/greenprop...

Isn't it amazing, Whites copying African homes?

"

Walls made from 'cob'- mud mixed with straw - are making a comeback, says Graham Norwood

Eco homes homepage

The Earth channel

Builders are going back to the future with the renaissance of a material considered both environmentally friendly and sustainable - mud. Specifically, hardened mud mixed with straw into brown stuff known as cob, which can be built up gradually to form walls, and is usually mounted on a stone plinth to stave off rising damp.

"There's nothing more sustainable than cob. It's natural, hasn't been processed, and is produced on-site without any travelling," says Adam Weissman, one half of the husbandand- wife team behind Cob in Cornwall, a Helston-based building firm. He and his wife Katy Bryce have built cob homes and extensions, but more than half of his work is repairing and maintaining period houses in the South-West.

"Most are 200, 300 or 400 years old so that's highly sustainable in itself," says Weissman. "Most common problems are from the 1960s and 1970s when owners put cement render on walls, preventing the cob from breathing and leading to cracks. Some haven't looked after roofs or thatch and that has allowed water to seep in."

The couple work with Cornish schools to explain the secrets of cob and run three courses a year to teach people how to use it. He says: "Attendees are from 16 to 70. Most want to know how to look after their own cob home."

It says "MAKING A COMEBACK" so that means that once upon a time, homes were built from sticks and mud in Europe!

Next bigoted idiot, please step up!

“Good Job”

Since: Aug 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

really
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Day all be racis the be hatin black ppls
Norman

Carteret, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

My work colleagues Tyrone, Jamal and CJ all said I was a racist bigot like everybody else in the office.

I can't believe they'd say that after all the times I've stuck up for their tribe.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

i remember talking with an elder who used to be on the board of the local CDC.

she said that "we are fighting an unseen enemy."
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

The City of Allen Park just recently got a financial manager and the City of Allen Park is predominately white. So, these jackasses in Detroit need to reevaluate what they are trying to project.

Of course they holler "racism".

Most of these so-called "leaders" claim they are representing Detroit, yet are only making a political maneuver so that they can get elected to an official capacity.

A financial manager should of been enforced years ago. There is no one in a elected capacity that is qualified to make any financial decisions for the City of Detroit. It should be illegal to give people power over money that are not qualified to manage it.

grounded in Reality

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

racist?

here's a list of what's racist.

NAACP, congressional negro caucus, Black history month,( there is no white history month why not?)
Black entertainment network, Black news channel,
urban league, maxine waters, rev al notso sharpton, Jessie jackson, any other organization that promotes to advance one race and excludes all others.

what exactly is the goals of these organization ?

why promote one race if your after true equality?

This is 2013 we have equality in America unless you continue to be a race pimp.

which begs the question when do we achieve equality
by what definition or set of numbers can we say we are there
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Yep I Said It wrote:
The City of Allen Park just recently got a financial manager and the City of Allen Park is predominately white. So, these jackasses in Detroit need to reevaluate what they are trying to project.
Of course they holler "racism".
Most of these so-called "leaders" claim they are representing Detroit, yet are only making a political maneuver so that they can get elected to an official capacity.
A financial manager should of been enforced years ago. There is no one in a elected capacity that is qualified to make any financial decisions for the City of Detroit. It should be illegal to give people power over money that are not qualified to manage it.
Allen Park is a bad comparison to Detroit. Allen Park had a one-time loss of cash from the bad movie deal they made. They already have a positive budget surplus and should be free soon. Also, Allen Park invited the financial review and financial manager.
Detroit has a history of bad management and the appointed manager may be there a very long time. When he leaves, how long will the changes last before financial trouble returns?
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen Park is a bad comparison to Detroit. Allen Park had a one-time loss of cash from the bad movie deal they made. They already have a positive budget surplus and should be free soon. Also, Allen Park invited the financial review and financial manager.
Detroit has a history of bad management and the appointed manager may be there a very long time. When he leaves, how long will the changes last before financial trouble returns?
The result of Allen Parks financial mess is a "Financial Manager". It shows that somewhere down the line there was mis-management of monies.

The reason why some people on the city council of Detroit don't want nor invite a financial manager is because someone will be going to jail/prison next. <So please correct yourself when you state the City of Detroit. Even the Mayor is willing to cooperate with a financial manager>.

The main one hollering about not wanting a financial manager is that JoAnne Watson. She is squealing like a pig headed for slaughter. All those people you see picketing against a financial manager are all her affiliations who are militants from the Shrine of Black Madonna. < Mind you that these are the main endorsers of the Kilpatricks and a couple other city council members>

Detroit is a much larger city and owes way more debt, therefore it would be at least 10 years before their financial mess could be straightened out.
grounded in Reality

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Hotlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, don't worry about it. Within the next two hundred years, there will be NO so-called "race" in America!The mixed race people are growing in number, and you can't stop it! Already, I have Asians, Latinos, Native American, and Whites,om my family, and in the near future, you will have these too. Then, there will be no need for ALL BLACK civil rights organizations.Your future generation, will simply be AMERICAN!
the all American you describe will be all American failures on welfare, shooting each other over drug sales gone bad like you do now, stealing cars, armed robberies , burning, looting stores for no reason like those fine negro Americans in Detroit, south side of Chicago, Brooklyn NY do every so often.
That looting stores thing must be an old tribal custom or gene pool thing among yer people, cause we don't see that in other cultures on this planet.
yer business district of Detroit still hasn't recovered from the Halloween burning ya did 40 some years ago, what will you loot when you have looted the last existing store??? HUmmmm?
but it ya all on welfare and no one working where will da money come from to pay ya black momma's with lots of kids but no fathers???
when you get to the America you describe America will be broke gone out of business, cause no one on the planet wants to support as lazy no account negro.
be careful what you wish for. if your vision of America comes through America will be out of business .History.
It takes hard work ( not welfare) to create jobs, invent, produce.
develop create a national greatness.
Do you see or know of any great civilizations on or from the African continentant ?? I don't
Nothing of lasting value ever came out of the ghetto, the ghetto welfare office or some fat momma cold water flat.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Blacks tell Snyder not to be a Dick-tator or there will be protests on the streets.
Detroit is finished

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Detroit has been mismanaged by a group of apes for years now. Atlanta...look to detroit for your future.
grounded in Reality

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

actually the end of Detroit started when blacks burned looted business in da city.

it's been down hill ever since, Business opened in other more business friendly environments. Middle class tax payers fled the city realizing it wasn't safe to live there after that event.

so all Detroit has today is lots on empty home and business property, few if any tax payers, tax base gone and not coming back, too many welfare queens raising too many black kids with no fathers in da home, lots of muslims, extensive corruption as the last several mayors have shown.

Detroit is saddled with expensive, excessively greedy union retirement contracts which it does not have the money to pay for.

so sounds like bankruptcy court is the best way to sort this mess out.

there ain't enough money in Michigan to keep this bloated fiscal mess afloat.

besides throwing more money at the problem won't fix the basic problem.
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
Blacks tell Snyder not to be a Dick-tator or there will be protests on the streets.
They are full of schitt. Snyder will/can have the National Guard in Detroit at the snap of a finger.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

none of you know any history in Detroit. and the people have GOOD reason to suspect racism which the city council, police dept, etc... are FULL of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of374
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••