#2 Jan 22, 2010
HEY BIG SPENDER!!!(do do do dooo)
spend a little time with meeee

“Prepare Yourself.”

Level 1

Since: Jun 09

Feltham, UK

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Please don't genaralise. I for one tip well, in fact my parents taught me from young to always tip.

Level 4

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#4 Jan 22, 2010
According to new studies, the fact that you posted this stuff about us blacks is proof that whites are obsessed and afraid of black people hence your user name Black Watch.
Ooo I Know

AOL

#5 Jan 22, 2010
They are only big spenders because they dont pay their child support

Level 8

Since: Jan 08

AOL

#7 Jan 22, 2010
Not to be sexist but black women are the worst when it comes to tipping.Black men tip very good at my job.Young people in my age group don't tip for some reason which is a reason I try to avoid them especially if they have babies.Old people give you 50 cents.

“HU! You Know!!!”

Level 3

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#9 Jan 22, 2010
Black Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Do blacks know how much they have spent?
Is this why they are always in debt and never pay on time?
More money, more cash, more ... WHAT!

“HU! You Know!!!”

Level 3

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#17 Jan 22, 2010
Black Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
In the "State of the Dream 2009: The Silent Depression" report, the non-profit group United for a Fair Economy cited the growing wealth gap between blacks and whites.
* Only 18% of blacks have retirement accounts compared with 43.4% of whites.
* Nearly 30% of blacks have zero or negative worth compared with 15% of whites.
* 84% of black households carry credit card debt, compared with 54% of white households, according to Demos, a public policy research organization. More than 90% of black families earning $10,000 to $24,999 a year had credit card debt.
* According to a 2009 Consumer Financial Literacy Survey by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, 51% of black households admit to not paying all their bills on time compared with 26% of other Americans.
If they hate, then let them hate and watch the money pile up
philly

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Feb 4, 2010
I'm white (jewish, italian... I'm a loud mess!) and I have been bartending at various night clubs for almost 10 years and many different events can say that college kids from upper middle class to wealthy are the worst tippers!! With that said...
Depending on the type of event such as (my worst nightmare!) a record release party for some local no-name artist that attract a younger, inner city crowd. I might walk away with maybe $10 in tips (at best) but on those night night club owners pay us for the night due to lack of tips and having to deal with these kids!
But if it were a mainly black crowd of perfessionals from late 20's- mid 30's (i don't ness. mean Dr./lawyers) the tips are above average... and women are the best tippers!
I also have to mention that tipping is taught. I once took my 21 year old cousin out and I gave her money to buy a drink at the bar and she gave me back too much change and I was like "did you tip??" she was like "you tip the bartender?!"
Also, I learned to never judge race/age/gender on which one would tip better... the one you might expect to tip bad is the one who just helped pay rent this month!

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#24 Feb 4, 2010
MOP,

LoL! You need to move to a better neighborhood ASAP. I understand that might not be easy, but those are NOT the kind of AAs that most of us want anything to do with. They are the AA version of the unbathed white folks who are brewing meth behind backwoods trailers...

My Dad would simply refer to that behavior you describe as "having a ghetto mentality."

Level 8

AOL

#26 Feb 4, 2010
My current boyfriend told me when he went out to dinner with family,the white waitress wouldn't ask if they wanted refills and was very snotty.He went ahead and tipped her anyway even though he told her to her face that she didn't deserve it.This also happened to me when I went out with this african from london.I told him not to give that bxtch a tip and we finished our meal and left.I have started giving tips though so I wouldn't be too cold blooded.But in my experience as a person who work for tips.YOung people are the worst tippers no matter what color.I absolutely hate dealing with them omg.This thread is completely false.If I had to say overall white people give the worst tips and best tips.Black people are 2nd,asians and hispanics are last

Level 8

AOL

#27 Feb 4, 2010
Black Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
White men generally tipped the highest percentage of all groups.
They are,I love the opportunity because I know I'm gonna be getting some muuuunney.BOth black men and white men are great tippers.
philly

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Feb 5, 2010
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
They are,I love the opportunity because I know I'm gonna be getting some muuuunney.BOth black men and white men are great tippers.
Read my last couple of comments.... I know a lot of bad bartenders and most are good at making drinks but suck when it comes to the way they judge a certain type of customer before they even order a drink! Maybe its their ignorance.... but I stopped going to places due to bad service and I tip great!!
PS Young kids ARE THE WORST TIPPERS!! ha ha I rather get hit by a bus than to work at a college bar!!!

Level 8

Wichita, KS

#29 Feb 5, 2010
philly wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my last couple of comments.... I know a lot of bad bartenders and most are good at making drinks but suck when it comes to the way they judge a certain type of customer before they even order a drink! Maybe its their ignorance.... but I stopped going to places due to bad service and I tip great!!
PS Young kids ARE THE WORST TIPPERS!! ha ha I rather get hit by a bus than to work at a college bar!!!
I don't really like going out much either.If my server is at least making an effort they won't have to worry about not getting a tip.But I know people have their bad days.I know young kids are the worst tippers.I just bag groceries,and they have a self check aisle they can go to so they can bag their shid theirselves.I don't get paid by the hour.But I got a new job now with an agency and I start tomorrow yay.
Bee

AOL

#30 Feb 17, 2010
Black people don't tip period! You may get an execption now and here but in general...hell no!
docs

United States

#31 Feb 17, 2010
You know the old saying....

If you buy a kanue, paint it black, It will Never Tip!

lol!
Shit Happens

United States

#32 Feb 27, 2010
As a black male, I tend to tip way more than the suggested 15% because WE (black people) get a bum rap for being "bad tippers" Good thing I've seen white folks leave "bad tips" as well!!

Granted, NO ONE is required to "tip" BUT I undertand those people have mouths to feed, books to buy, gas money, rent etc... I commend those females that are waitresses, servers, bartenders, heck, even Hooters gyrls that are making their money that way other than stripping, "messing with" a drug dealer or a suga daddy!! They get a nice tip and a hats off from me.

To all the bad "tippers": stop TRIPPING and start TIPPING (more that is)
we got you hooked

Monterey, CA

#33 Feb 27, 2010
BLACK HAVE BAD CREDIT.......could be a reason?
boulyonz

Monterey, CA

#34 Feb 27, 2010
If you paint a Kanue black it will never tip!

LOL!!!
SueMe

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Feb 27, 2010
Black Watch wrote:
Blacks are big spenders but bad tippers
A study of inner city black spending habits that finds poor blacks like spend a lot on ostentatious purchases:
"African-American inner-city shoppers are 35 percent more likely than the population as a whole to buy women's dress shoes. They're also 54 percent more likely to purchase teen boys' clothing, and 64 percent more likely than average to buy fine jewelry...While American households in general spend an average of $1,069 annually on apparel, inner-city African Americans spend $1,502."
According to waiters in the restaurant business, white customers tip about 1/3 more than black customers. Blacks tip taxi cab drivers only about half as much as whites. According to data collected from research by universities, African-American passengers tipped approximately one-half the amount of white passengers (African-American passengers are 3.7 times more likely than white passengers to leave no tip). While African-American passengers generally tipped less, they also tipped black drivers approximately one-third less than they tipped white drivers.
If you ask 100 black waiters or 100 black taxi drivers if they prefer black or non-black patrons they're likely to mostly prefer non-blacks. Why? Those asked say that blacks tend not to tip much, if at all.
This is so funny, because I was just talking to my boyfriend about this. Im so the opposite, because I hate spending money and love saving money, and I would never dream of going out to eat unless I had a pretty healthy tip to give. Life experiences seperates us as individuals, and before I graduated from college I was a waitress so I know what it's like to recieve a skimpy tip after giving exceptional service. Im a black woman, and the smallest tip I ever recieved was 25 cents, and it was from your's truly...a white guy.

Stereotypes are so hilarious.
SueMe

Philadelphia, PA

#36 Feb 27, 2010
Bee wrote:
Black people don't tip period! You may get an execption now and here but in general...hell no!
Oh yeah? I onced tipped a waitress 20 dollars on a 40 dollar bill. Can you say the same. 50% aint bad my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You can thank Obama: Slave auctions uncovered i... 2 min Juliette Dodd 27
Ancient North Africa: Who wants it more? 2 min Lancaster 30
White man molesting 50 kids 6 min Fucisil 22
Tired, yet? 8 min Fucisil 21
Are Chickens Coming Home to Roost? 8 min Harrisson 124
Why you never hear about Black civilizations or... 15 min Fucisil 32
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 27 min HowieFeltersnatch 1,612
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min Gayest Ghost 1,656,289
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 1 hr sweetelaine 101
Why don't black people just brag about Nubia? 5 hr asset 165
More from around the web