BIRACIALS are not black and don't loo...
ashanti king

United States

#1535 Dec 12, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>I think its about looks. Whites make fun of africans, and asians. A co-worker did soem pretty racist shiit not too long ago, with a asian person. They openly make fun of asians, but they wont do this with black people, because they know we will confront them, a.k.a African Americans.
I don't think it has to do with looks because Asians get along with whites way more than the whites get along with blacks. Whites tend to adopt Asian kids way more than they do black Americans. Asians easily get loans from banks compared to blacks. I think it has to do with temperament and history. Whites and Asians did not have the history of slavery and Jim Crow, so whites feel more comfortable with them and Asians are less confrontational.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#1536 Dec 12, 2012
ashanti king wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it has to do with looks because Asians get along with whites way more than the whites get along with blacks. Whites tend to adopt Asian kids way more than they do black Americans. Asians easily get loans from banks compared to blacks. I think it has to do with temperament and history. Whites and Asians did not have the history of slavery and Jim Crow, so whites feel more comfortable with them and Asians are less confrontational.
Asians kiss their @ss a lot. I do think lighter skin people get along better with white folks, and they feel more confortable with latinos too. The history in the united states somewhat proves that, even with the black american population. Light skin was their first to hire. Many white men are attracted to asian women as well.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1537 Dec 12, 2012
I don't buy the whole looks thing.

For example to me in the UK mixed race (black/white) are the most favoured racial minority by the white population.

In the UK I feel the white population dislike South Asians more than Blacks for two reasons:

1. South Asians form the single largest racial minority in the UK. Heck they now make up 8% of the population! Compared to blacks at 4%.

2. South Asians are commonly all seen as ''Pakistani'' who are predominately Muslims which ignorant minds can associate to extremist terrorism eg 7/7 London bombings even though one of the suicide bombers was black Jamaican (who killed the most) and all the failed 21/7 suicide bombers were black (east Africans). Never will they associate blacks with terrorism, just street crime.

South Asians look more like white people than mixed race (black/white) and mixed race (south Asian/white) do so also.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1538 Dec 12, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
For example to me in the UK mixed race (black/white) are the most favoured racial minority by the white population.
In the UK I feel the white population dislike South Asians more than Blacks for two reasons:
1. South Asians form the single largest racial minority in the UK. Heck they now make up 8% of the population! Compared to blacks at 4%.
2. South Asians are commonly all seen as ''Pakistani'' who are predominately Muslims which ignorant minds can associate to extremist terrorism eg 7/7 London bombings even though one of the suicide bombers was black Jamaican (who killed the most) and all the failed 21/7 suicide bombers were black (east Africans). Never will they associate blacks with terrorism, just street crime.
South Asians look more like white people than mixed race (black/white) and mixed race (south Asian/white) do so also.
I think it depends. The history of the us has granted light skin blacks a different privilege as one one point, over darker skin blacks, and some blacks internalized this as being being better, so some got snooty, and set up their own organizations, to gain access to certain clubs here in the states. Look up the "blue vein society". Some places even had a comb at the door, if it did not go through your hair, then you were not permitted. Also, the "paper bag test". If you were darker than the paper bag, then you were not allowed in some social cirles, including sororities. Colorism is real here, but I did hear that south asians were hated in england, whats the history?
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1539 Dec 12, 2012
For example the subculture ''skinheads'' were essentially initially wiggaz trying to be Jamaican and back then (1960s London) it was white & blacks vs south Asians in working class London but they became racist against all non whites as we know them in the 1970s during the recession thanks to the National Front today known as BNP.

1:50 - 2:08

Interviewer:
''What exactly do you do when you see Pakistanis?''

Skinheads:
''Sometimes we hit 'em, sometimes we just leave 'em.
Pakis aint so much your enemy, they're just like a like a past time aint they. Pakis. Just jump 'em. It's not their colour 'cause the Jamaicans they're alright. Lot of Jamaican mates. I mean they don't like Pakistanis either.''

Paki = Racist term for Pakistani which is applied to all South Asians (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh & Sri Lanka)

Many ethnic Brits seem to love Jamaicans though especially the women.
aaman

San Jose, CA

#1540 Dec 12, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
IN america , white hate black but love asian.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1541 Dec 12, 2012
In the state, whites invented colorism, so they do see a difference here in america.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1542 Dec 12, 2012
I'm generalizing here but:

In a nutshell Southern Whites were raised to despise ''African Americans'' while Northern Whites fear 'African Americans''.

In both circumstances they will not be comfortable around them and explains any racism towards them but they can be comfortable around racial minority other group. Other racial minority groups generally bypassed slavery era, reconstruction era and Jim Crow thus why culturally they can be comfortable around white Americans.

Then add to the fact that they make up the single largest ethnic minority. But when it comes to Mexican migration into the USA it seems that both white and African Americans might just overlook their differences....

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1543 Dec 12, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it depends. The history of the us has granted light skin blacks a different privilege as one one point, over darker skin blacks, and some blacks internalized this as being being better, so some got snooty, and set up their own organizations, to gain access to certain clubs here in the states. Look up the "blue vein society". Some places even had a comb at the door, if it did not go through your hair, then you were not permitted. Also, the "paper bag test". If you were darker than the paper bag, then you were not allowed in some social cirles, including sororities. Colorism is real here, but I did hear that south asians were hated in england, whats the history?
Yeah the USA is different. You guys descend from old world migrants who dropped their ethnic differences in favour for racial ones.

South Asians are not hated per say but I believe they're disliked more than blacks. South Asians like Black Americans form the largest racial minority; that alone makes them the bigger threat of ''taking over''.

Also most black people in the UK are Christian unlike a significant amount of South Asians who are Muslims if not Hindus. Christian European founded countries culturally fear Islam since the Ottoman days and extremist Islamic terrorism which has effected this country in the shape of born and bred British Muslims of mainly Pakistani (south Asian background) didn't help.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1544 Dec 12, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
I'm generalizing here but:
In a nutshell Southern Whites were raised to despise ''African Americans'' while Northern Whites fear 'African Americans''.
In both circumstances they will not be comfortable around them and explains any racism towards them but they can be comfortable around racial minority other group. Other racial minority groups generally bypassed slavery era, reconstruction era and Jim Crow thus why culturally they can be comfortable around white Americans.
Then add to the fact that they make up the single largest ethnic minority. But when it comes to Mexican migration into the USA it seems that both white and African Americans might just overlook their differences....
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Southern eurpeans fought for their whiteness here, and irish people were in servitude here, and they fought for their whiteness here as well. Both groups were oppressed, but the irish had it harder than italians in my book, because they can stand out from a typical white american back in the day, they were tanner looking. They were not considered white back in the day, and I believe some italians had to use the "colored restrooms and fountains". Whites will be a minority here in 2043. Race relations had gotten better with the younger generations, and they are dating out more and more, but racism is still bad here, but a lot better. I know between puerto ricans and black americans, they had issuse, but they learned to co-exist. It depends on what group gear their interest, status, or like the most. With asians, its with white america.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1545 Dec 12, 2012
Sorry for typos.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1546 Dec 12, 2012
aaman wrote:
<quoted text>
IN america , white hate black but love asian.
In the UK many ethnic Brits hate white Americans.

When you say ''Asian'' I just know you mean east Asian and in the UK they're not that many of them for me to come with an opinion on.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1547 Dec 12, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the USA is different. You guys descend from old world migrants who dropped their ethnic differences in favour for racial ones.
South Asians are not hated per say but I believe they're disliked more than blacks. South Asians like Black Americans form the largest racial minority; that alone makes them the bigger threat of ''taking over''.
Also most black people in the UK are Christian unlike a significant amount of South Asians who are Muslims if not Hindus. Christian European founded countries culturally fear Islam since the Ottoman days and extremist Islamic terrorism which has effected this country in the shape of born and bred British Muslims of mainly Pakistani (south Asian background) didn't help.
The funny thing is that our culture influences all cultures here, especially afro latinos, but we dont really take their culture in like that, but it influences the whole united states, but they still talk sly of us. I think white people hate blacks the most, asians hate blacks the most, and with latinos, the hatred is divided, but I feel mexicans like being around their own, but have a rift with other latinos, but other latinos talk bad about mexicans. Domincians and puerto ricans have issues with mexicans I found out, and mexcans do call the names because of their african mixture, but its not all, but I my domincian friends do not like mexcans, and dont call a Puerto Rican a mexican lol! Fighting words.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1548 Dec 12, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>Southern eurpeans fought for their whiteness here, and irish people were in servitude here, and they fought for their whiteness here as well. Both groups were oppressed, but the irish had it harder than italians in my book, because they can stand out from a typical white american back in the day, they were tanner looking. They were not considered white back in the day, and I believe some italians had to use the "colored restrooms and fountains". Whites will be a minority here in 2043. Race relations had gotten better with the younger generations, and they are dating out more and more, but racism is still bad here, but a lot better. I know between puerto ricans and black americans, they had issuse, but they learned to co-exist. It depends on what group gear their interest, status, or like the most. With asians, its with white america.
Yeah I hear the biggest lynching in American history were Italian victims and I've seen the movie ''Gangs of New York'' where some described the Irish as worse than blacks.

Funny thing is generations later once Italians and Irish were assimilated into white America they'd turn around and be racist to ''African Americans''. They feared ''African Americans'' during the Great Migration which explains their racism.

Goes to show you how silly racial classification is.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1549 Dec 12, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
In the UK many ethnic Brits hate white Americans.
When you say ''Asian'' I just know you mean east Asian and in the UK they're not that many of them for me to come with an opinion on.
Indians, or south asians, stick to themselves. Here, south asians are not really seen as real asians with wome people, because many dont have the folds on their eyes, so they are just called indians! But they are distinctive, compared to other asians. People from japan, korea, china, are all confused for the same thing, and people are ignorant of their culture. Indians are distinctive looking compared to them. Its about color and looks in america.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1550 Dec 12, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>The funny thing is that our culture influences all cultures here, especially afro latinos, but we dont really take their culture in like that, but it influences the whole united states, but they still talk sly of us. I think white people hate blacks the most, asians hate blacks the most, and with latinos, the hatred is divided, but I feel mexicans like being around their own, but have a rift with other latinos, but other latinos talk bad about mexicans. Domincians and puerto ricans have issues with mexicans I found out, and mexcans do call the names because of their african mixture, but its not all, but I my domincian friends do not like mexcans, and dont call a Puerto Rican a mexican lol! Fighting words.
99.9% of music in the western world diverges from genres created by ''African Americans''.

Music alongside Language are the two most important aspects of culture.

So the influence is clear but many are ignorant to it or simply try to downplay it.

Funniest people to exist are racist neo-nazi (Hated Russians) skinhead (Jamaican influence) Russian rockstars (African American influence).

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#1551 Dec 12, 2012
Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I hear the biggest lynching in American history were Italian victims and I've seen the movie ''Gangs of New York'' where some described the Irish as worse than blacks.
Funny thing is generations later once Italians and Irish were assimilated into white America they'd turn around and be racist to ''African Americans''. They feared ''African Americans'' during the Great Migration which explains their racism.
Goes to show you how silly racial classification is.
Irish and black americans go back to servitude, they were indentured servants together, right before blacks became slaves. The word mulatto was on the census, partially because many irish had kids with black, or married them, but they were oppressed then, but I guess when they got their white card, it changed. I see a few blacks with red hair, ect, in my family. My cousins are full red head, freckles, and pale skin.
Bigsmoke

Wakefield, UK

#1552 Dec 12, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>Irish and black americans go back to servitude, they were indentured servants together, right before blacks became slaves. The word mulatto was on the census, partially because many irish had kids with black, or married them, but they were oppressed then, but I guess when they got their white card, it changed. I see a few blacks with red hair, ect, in my family. My cousins are full red head, freckles, and pale skin.
Yeah I hear they initially use to pair African males with Irish females to produce highly favoured ''mulatto'' offspring.

Did you know ''Mulatto'' virgin females were the most sought after on the US slave market for some reason.

Contrary to popular belief in the US most Irish are not red haired that is mainly Scottish people who have significant amounts with that trait so perhaps that indicates Scottish if not Scot-Irish admixture if anything.
ashanti king

United States

#1553 Dec 12, 2012
White British gets the easiest pass in America even today when a British migrate to the United States there are no barriers put in front of them and they quickly assimilate to the American society and they are treated better than average American citizens. After the British the next group with easier assimilation is Canadians, then Australians and New Zealander. I guess people with English ancestry are given easy pass in America. Look at America television and you will see what I am talking about.
aaman

San Jose, CA

#1554 Dec 12, 2012
white hate black in there dna even if you have a drop of white blood you think you are better then blacks even mixed blacks tend to say they look better and blacks and to that to say they that like skin is better latin american is full of racism them less white blood the less oppurtunities you got and less attractive and thats how it is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,420,153
153 Years and Still Nothing??? 1 min Redefined 60
I feel sorry for white women 2 min TheNewStandardOfB... 6
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 7 min fluer 278
Interracial relationships. Who does it AFFECT?... (Sep '15) 9 min Harrisson 76
What the Hell? Satan worship on rise in America 10 min Muricaaaaaaa 1
Blue ivy is UGLY!!!! (Jul '13) 18 min sal 62
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 32 min Go Blue Forever 102
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 57 min dcool 577
More from around the web