BIRACIALS are not black and don't loo...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#952 Dec 5, 2012
Blaq honey wrote:

It may have started that way but now people here are PROUD to be black unlike the mixed folks in the U.K they are ashamed to be black clearly !!!! One black parent makes you black here I hope u understand that finally!!!
I wouldn’t say mixed race kids in my community are ashamed to be Black..I would say that they have had it drummed into them that they are not Black by Caribbean’s and Africans..the very same Black people that created them in the first place.
Blaq honey wrote:

One black parent makes you black here I hope u understand that finally!!!
Most Black Brits will disagree with you..they are hung up on classifications while ignoring how the child is perceived by the outside world.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#953 Dec 5, 2012
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn’t say mixed race kids in my community are ashamed to be Black..I would say that they have had it drummed into them that they are not Black by Caribbean’s and Africans..the very same Black people that created them in the first place.
<quoted text>
Most Black Brits will disagree with you..they are hung up on classifications while ignoring how the child is perceived by the outside world.
My friend Andrew is Jamaican but he looks like a Nigerian and people often assume he is one.
Should he classify himself as Nigerian because strangers on Lewisham High Street perceive him as one?
Also my daughter looks Greek/ more than black and many other biracials look Greek, should they classify themselves a Greek and pretend to come from Paphos because of how other people perceive them?
By your reckoning black men like Mr Anderson should just call themselves biracial because that's what they look like.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#954 Dec 5, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attitude to yourself is dictated by Southern white slave owning families?
Strange... mixed people in the UK wanted a classification that describes who they are and who parented them.
Mixed girls with white mothers didn't want to pretend they were born to 2 black parents... just like I don't pretend to be born to 2 Nigerian parents or 2 Korean parents :)
it doesn't matter BI racials are black in the USA a person that is half Japanese and half Mexican is still Japanese and Mexican and would look like a complete fool saying that they are not Japanese or not Mexican.. White people do not claim anyone who is mixed with anything and that's how it goes!! All of you look dum wasting your time on this subject because bi racials will always be treated and discriminated as black and considering the fact that AA are not pure African we are almost all mixed up just some more closer than others!! You can get hung up on the slave master BS but you worship white men so what's it to you????

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#955 Dec 5, 2012
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
that explains it a Lil but it still seems to me that the mixed Brits are ashamed of their black side!!!! They would be upset in america I mean really up set!! A black person and white would be quick to tell them they are black trust me I have seen it happen many times

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#956 Dec 5, 2012
big mike M wrote:
<quoted text>
Black women in the US choose Indian hair over any others because it's the best quality hair(according to them). They just don't choose any type of hair.
Indian hair is waaaaaaay different than European hair. I don't see how they want to emulate white women.
There is a high demand for Indian hair in Europe. Many WW are tanning their skin & now white celebrities are demanding Indian hair extensions. I created a thread because I wanted to show how women of color have traits that many WW themselves find appealing over their own. Many of us in our society have been condition to believe humans subconsciously find European traits more appealing.
Shalimaar comments is a prime example of this sorta brainwashing.

Check out this article.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/03/us-...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#957 Dec 5, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend Andrew is Jamaican but he looks like a Nigerian and people often assume he is one.
Should he classify himself as Nigerian because strangers on Lewisham High Street perceive him as one?
Also my daughter looks Greek/ more than black and many other biracials look Greek, should they classify themselves a Greek and pretend to come from Paphos because of how other people perceive them?
By your reckoning black men like Mr Anderson should just call themselves biracial because that's what they look like.
I’m talking about mixed race kids not Jamaicans that look like Nigerians.

Take a mixed race kid born to a White Mother and Nigerian/Ghanian Father...that kid will end up with tight kinky hair in most cases...that kid will then be perceived as Black to the outside world..however in your world you classify them as mixed race while ignoring how the world perceives them.

When Whites mix with Black..the Black gene will end up predominant...you get me, it's not the other way around.

“Fooyre na fooDa Demngal saa e ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#958 Dec 5, 2012
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> that's what I say it's for fashion so its a fashion to be light skin in Africa??
If i want to wear my hair in pink ,does it mean i want to be a flamingo.
No it's all fashion. if they wanna bleach let them,it should not concern you.
some fulani ladies colour their lips black,again all fashion ,no self hate.
just like china and India. Again mostly uneducated villagers do it,cause they are not educated on how dangerous it can be.

“Try harder :)”

Level 8

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#959 Dec 5, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a high demand for Indian hair in Europe. Many WW are tanning their skin & now white celebrities are demanding Indian hair extensions. I created a thread because I wanted to show how women of color have traits that many WW themselves find appealing over their own. Many of us in our society have been condition to believe humans subconsciously find European traits more appealing.
Shalimaar comments is a prime example of this sorta brainwashing.
Check out this article.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/03/us-...
Agreed!

All the things European descent people have, other groups already have. But European descent people don't have what other groups of people have.

Do European descent people have kinky hair, wid nose, full lips or slanted eyes? No..But other groups do. European descent people are the least diverse group of people.

Location hidden

#960 Dec 5, 2012
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m talking about mixed race kids not Jamaicans that look like Nigerians.
Take a mixed race kid born to a White Mother and Nigerian/Ghanian Father...that kid will end up with tight kinky hair in most cases...that kid will then be perceived as Black to the outside world..however in your world you classify them as mixed race while ignoring how the world perceives them.
When Whites mix with Black..the Black gene will end up predominant...you get me, it's not the other way around.
not really i have half blk cousins ,they are in the middle east right now.no one really percieves them as blacks rather half cast ,and may i remind you there are some arabs that look half blk ,but are full arabs.

i think its only the diaspora blacks besides brazil and latin america,who thinks tht mixed race is blk.

Location hidden

#961 Dec 5, 2012
ashanti king wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, some are color struck but majority are not.
your right some are colour struck,but i don't think they do it out of self hate.

Location hidden

#962 Dec 5, 2012
WEAVE IS FOR FASHION, if i like brazilian hair i will get it, if i wanna red green afro ,i will get it,,if i want purple braids ,i will get it.

i don't do theses things out of self hate, u might as well label every girl with self hate since they alter themselves some how.

do i wear high heels because i do not like my height.
it should not concern you.

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#963 Dec 5, 2012
drugsaredumb wrote:
<quoted text>
If i want to wear my hair in pink ,does it mean i want to be a flamingo.
No it's all fashion. if they wanna bleach let them,it should not concern you.
some fulani ladies colour their lips black,again all fashion ,no self hate.
just like china and India. Again mostly uneducated villagers do it,cause they are not educated on how dangerous it can be.
I was just asking because jamicians bleach because of self hate but Africans do it because its a fashion ? Very strange but ok I'll take your word for it

Location hidden

#964 Dec 5, 2012
Zew wrote:
and there are kmany white SAs getting kicked outof south africa daily.

“Try harder :)”

Level 8

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#965 Dec 5, 2012
drugsaredumb wrote:
WEAVE IS FOR FASHION, if i like brazilian hair i will get it, if i wanna red green afro ,i will get it,,if i want purple braids ,i will get it.
i don't do theses things out of self hate, u might as well label every girl with self hate since they alter themselves some how.
Is this self hate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Incoming Humor. :)”

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#966 Dec 5, 2012
drugsaredumb wrote:
I do not think by us wearing continuously is the same as wearing different hats. I think wearing weaves( straightening the hair) is a form of self hate.

Location hidden

#967 Dec 5, 2012
PANMA19 wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think by us wearing continuously is the same as wearing different hats. I think wearing weaves( straightening the hair) is a form of self hate.
Then your missing out in life. if you are a girl.

its their hair they do watever they want with it. you should not pass judgement
ashanti king

United States

#968 Dec 5, 2012
freddie47 wrote:

Blaq honey wrote, "

One black parent makes you black here I hope u understand that finally!!!

"

And they are not black. Don't know why people find it hard to understand.

Location hidden

#969 Dec 5, 2012
big mike M wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this self hate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
no i would not call that self hate.if they want a bigger but its ok,it ppl judging should not stop them,unless it will kill her.
ashanti king

United States

#970 Dec 5, 2012
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text>I was just asking because jamicians bleach because of self hate but Africans do it because its a fashion ? Very strange but ok I'll take your word for it
Bleaching skin is not fashion, it is self hate in my eyes and disgusting.

Location hidden

#971 Dec 5, 2012
What i calll self hate is when you see your features as inferior. i think girls with natural hair is very cute,but i reallly like weave especially brazilian hair cause you can do a lot ofstuff to it without ruining your own hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are black men so thirsty for white women? 3 min Harrisson 82
News Ben Carson says poverty is a 'state of mind' 6 min Marcus Washington 8
Why Some Black Women Love White Men (May '07) 7 min Savant 11,218
Affirmative Action for Jews 7 min Evelyn 1
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 8 min Redefined 34,580
Black women have options - THE NEW NORMAL 11 min 2 Dogs 14
Is Feminism a Cancer? (Oct '16) 15 min Savant 345
New Serena Williams Pregnancy pics 43 min SadButTrue 36
White women are extremely jealous of bw! 45 min SadButTrue 45
Black women want kids with that GOOD HAIR 50 min SadButTrue 29
HA HA HA! Trump cuts $1.7 TRILLION in welfare! 2 hr Paul 222
More from around the web