Are white people threatened by Blacks confidence?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 13, 2010
Today as I watched outside the lines on ESPN I thought it was so ridiculous that the people are actually making an issue of non issues. The three complaints were Why must Desan Jackson showboat on the field? Why did Tashard Choice ask Michael Vick for an autograph after the game? And why did the cavs fraternize with Lebron James? They compalined more about these guys confidence than they did the coach who tripped the players. Supposedly fans are complaining about these issues and we all know which fans they are talking about. I know it's not all white people but I wonder why are white people so insulted by black people having fun and confidence?

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#2 Dec 13, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
Today as I watched outside the lines on ESPN I thought it was so ridiculous that the people are actually making an issue of non issues. The three complaints were Why must Desan Jackson showboat on the field? Why did Tashard Choice ask Michael Vick for an autograph after the game? And why did the cavs fraternize with Lebron James? They compalined more about these guys confidence than they did the coach who tripped the players. Supposedly fans are complaining about these issues and we all know which fans they are talking about. I know it's not all white people but I wonder why are white people so insulted by black people having fun and confidence?
I would not just say it's sports, look at other things. Whites are very insecure, that is part of their nature, when in comes to black people, the more educated you are, the more threatened they are by you. They want everyone to feel the same way they do, and do everything the exact way they do. They want everyone to be skinny and act the same way. A person with confidence means that they are sure of who they are, that thought alone means that they are less likely to be manipulated. Whites want to control blacks, deep down they are really afraid of us. As long as Lebron was in Cleveland, they were happy, as soon as he made a decision to do what he needed to do, they turned on him. They cannot stand for a black man to do what he needs to do. They would rather see a black man selling drugs, then to be in a classroom. Black confidence is a threat to white power, the more you start to pay attention to this the more you will see it. I really wish more of us would wake up and realize that we are being exploited and have become comfortable being second class citizens in Amerikkka. We have to demand more from ourselves, not government. The government does not care about blacks, we should realize that by now, how many politicians come and promise the world, and in the end we get the short end of the deal. We think we get a good deal because they give us welfare or some other type of social program, when what we need is jobs. Don't give us these handouts, we need jobs and a better education system that teaches what we really need to know to be successful.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 13, 2010
I personally don't think that white people are jealous of educated people unless those educated people are wealthy. I know it's not all white people but I find it silly how these white sports casters complain about any little thing a black athletes does. It just shows that they cna not handle seeing wealthy black men come up. There are also other whites who hate seeing confident wealthy blacks and they are so threatened by them that they complain about everything they do. White people shouldn't be so petty just because a black person has confidence in themselves.
Marley

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 13, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
why are white people so insulted by black people having fun and confidence?
There is a different between confidence and arrogance. Also, it's not being threatened but calling someone out on their boasting. You may find this impossible to believe, but there was a time when boasting like that was considered rude. This is before you people were given your 15 minutes of shame.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 13, 2010
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a different between confidence and arrogance. Also, it's not being threatened but calling someone out on their boasting. You may find this impossible to believe, but there was a time when boasting like that was considered rude. This is before you people were given your 15 minutes of shame.
Or course there is a difference between arrogance and confidence but white people cant seem to tel the difference of it in black people. In fact I am convinced that they think any confident black person is arrogance because they are threatened by our confidence.
wat

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Dec 13, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text> Or course there is a difference between arrogance and confidence but white people cant seem to tel the difference of it in black people. In fact I am convinced that they think any confident black person is arrogance because they are threatened by our confidence.
It gave you a reply, you're clearly biased & ready to see things your way, regardless. Your topic was made, looking for only a specific reply, not the truth.

Arrogance =/= Confidence.
No one likes arrogance, unless you yourself are arrogant.

You're clearly a racist, though, so, not like it matters what is said here.
wat

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Dec 13, 2010
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

1. showboating 109 up, 27 down

buy showboating mugs, tshirts and magnets
1. To have a visibly exaggerated idea of ones own skills, talents, or abilities.
2. To exhibit a grotesque amount of undue and unfounded pride for a skill or ability which is actually mediocre.

Hrm, why would anyone cheer for anyone who showboats?

Location hidden

#9 Dec 13, 2010
wat wrote:
<quoted text>
It gave you a reply, you're clearly biased & ready to see things your way, regardless. Your topic was made, looking for only a specific reply, not the truth.
Arrogance =/= Confidence.
No one likes arrogance, unless you yourself are arrogant.
You're clearly a racist, though, so, not like it matters what is said here.
I am not racist and I do not believe that all white people are against blacks. In fact I believe most white people love these arrogant black athletes. It is a hand full of white men who are in the media whom I believe have envious issues of wealthy black people from all areas. These guys have the resources to ruin people so it makes me sick that they love to ruin these guys just because they are jealous.
Matt

Booneville, MS

#10 Dec 13, 2010
dkanela wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not just say it's sports, look at other things. Whites are very insecure, that is part of their nature, when in comes to black people, the more educated you are, the more threatened they are by you. They want everyone to feel the same way they do, and do everything the exact way they do. They want everyone to be skinny and act the same way. A person with confidence means that they are sure of who they are, that thought alone means that they are less likely to be manipulated. Whites want to control blacks, deep down they are really afraid of us. As long as Lebron was in Cleveland, they were happy, as soon as he made a decision to do what he needed to do, they turned on him. They cannot stand for a black man to do what he needs to do. They would rather see a black man selling drugs, then to be in a classroom. Black confidence is a threat to white power, the more you start to pay attention to this the more you will see it. I really wish more of us would wake up and realize that we are being exploited and have become comfortable being second class citizens in Amerikkka. We have to demand more from ourselves, not government. The government does not care about blacks, we should realize that by now, how many politicians come and promise the world, and in the end we get the short end of the deal. We think we get a good deal because they give us welfare or some other type of social program, when what we need is jobs. Don't give us these handouts, we need jobs and a better education system that teaches what we really need to know to be successful.
You are an ignorant racist piece of shit
MOSES-1

United States

#11 Dec 13, 2010
Denmark Vessey first planned slave revolt was spoiled and white people knew it was a possibility for slaves to rise up. They took drastic steps to insure blacks didn't have any confidence. They never thought about a white man raising hell.

BAM, Harpers Ferry and John Brown terrified whites, woke white people up and they haven't been back to sleep since. John Brown was a white man that aroused a handful of slaves and rained holy hell in the conscience of white people.

Today, white people still remember Harpers Ferry, the Alamo and Custers Last Stand.

Blacks with any confidence is to much confidence for white people. ANY CONFIDENCE.
MOSES-1

United States

#12 Dec 13, 2010
This is why whites discredit every thing from black history to black accomplishments. To strip us from having any confidence

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#14 Dec 14, 2010
Grape _Ape wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting points. But peruse this link carefully. I'm interested in your input: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php...
I read the article and found it to be quite interesting, factually inaccurate, however entertaining. I have travelled around the World enough to know that the contributions of Black people are everywhere. As far as cities that were built, what are some of the oldest Countries in the World? Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Saudi, Rome, how many were influenced by Blacks? All of them. I am not going to debate who did what to whom and when, I will say that the first civililations were in Africa, this cannot be denied. I will also say that when the Egyptian empire was flourishing, Europeans were still living in the caves in Europe. There have been cave drawings that depict Africans as explorers in the Americas long before Europeans. We as Africans need to understand our worth so when we read articles that are more opinion than fact, we have the knowledge to dispute it intelligently. The article was a wake call, because I cannot believe that people still think we Africans have not made contributions to society. I would recommend reading some African history or going some research on the internet. Peace
Matt

Booneville, MS

#15 Dec 14, 2010
dkanela wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article and found it to be quite interesting, factually inaccurate, however entertaining. I have travelled around the World enough to know that the contributions of Black people are everywhere. As far as cities that were built, what are some of the oldest Countries in the World? Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Saudi, Rome, how many were influenced by Blacks? All of them. I am not going to debate who did what to whom and when, I will say that the first civililations were in Africa, this cannot be denied. I will also say that when the Egyptian empire was flourishing, Europeans were still living in the caves in Europe. There have been cave drawings that depict Africans as explorers in the Americas long before Europeans. We as Africans need to understand our worth so when we read articles that are more opinion than fact, we have the knowledge to dispute it intelligently. The article was a wake call, because I cannot believe that people still think we Africans have not made contributions to society. I would recommend reading some African history or going some research on the internet. Peace
Are you serious? When negroes were first discovered by humans, they hadn't even invented the wheel yet. Speark chucking and making drums don't count as contributions to society.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#17 Dec 14, 2010
Grape _Ape wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, Sambo. Where is the Sub Saharan African St. Peter's Basilica? And genetic testing reveals the Egyptians were WHITE. Put down the NOI propaganda....
Egyptians white??? IF that were true, that would mean that they are white now, and trust me that is simply not the case. That is like saying whites are originally from South Africa, over time the whites got darker. Just does not make sense, I recommend a history class, or a passport, crawl from under your rock and check out the rest of the World.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2010
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? When negroes were first discovered by humans, they hadn't even invented the wheel yet. Speark chucking and making drums don't count as contributions to society.
I recommend a history class, you have no clue about which civiliations came first, where are the oldest human remains from?? Ethiopia, exactly, not Europe. Dont let the truth scare you
Marley

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Dec 14, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text> Or course there is a difference between arrogance and confidence but white people cant seem to tel the difference of it in black people. In fact I am convinced that they think any confident black person is arrogance because they are threatened by our confidence.
Black people are arrogant not confident because they constantly have to tell others either how they're "beautiful, strong, independent" etc. White people show, not tell. Can you imagine if Bill Grates or Steve Jobs were black? They'd have medallions the size of dinner plates and be on the cover of VIBE and Oprah's magazine practically EVERY 2nd issue. 2nd: white people aren't threatened by black people because you're race is still in a very primitive stage.

The sad part is, the only way you people can attribute any relevance to your continued existence is by making up alternate universes where white people actually think about you.
TheAnswer

Garland, TX

#21 Dec 14, 2010
Whites just ignore blacks when they "chimp out."
Black people think screaming and getting emotional works, but in reality it makes white people see them as apes.

Location hidden

#26 Dec 15, 2010
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Black people are arrogant not confident because they constantly have to tell others either how they're "beautiful, strong, independent" etc. White people show, not tell. Can you imagine if Bill Grates or Steve Jobs were black? They'd have medallions the size of dinner plates and be on the cover of VIBE and Oprah's magazine practically EVERY 2nd issue. 2nd: white people aren't threatened by black people because you're race is still in a very primitive stage.
The sad part is, the only way you people can attribute any relevance to your continued existence is by making up alternate universes where white people actually think about you.
I will just ignore the primitive part because that is just crazy. But anyways I am somebody whp hates arrogant people so I know whose arrogant and who ins't. I just don't think that whites can tell the difference between and arrogant and confident black person.
Marley

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Dec 16, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>I will just ignore the primitive part because that is just crazy. But anyways I am somebody whp hates arrogant people so I know whose arrogant and who ins't. I just don't think that whites can tell the difference between and arrogant and confident black person.
Well, it doesn't really matter for 2 reasons:

1). white people don't care about blacks
2). it won't help you people advance
Heres the truth

Milwaukee, WI

#29 Dec 16, 2010
We're not threatened and you confuse confidence with being cocky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congolse women and "A-to-M" with Belgian men 4 min Uncle ned loves A... 2
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 4 min Does Not Compute 8
Do you believe that IRBW are worthless? 4 min Jubilant Sleep 5
Voto Latino: African Americans and Latinos Unit... (Mar '12) 5 min SAHU 894
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 5 min Truth 772
china owns Africa? 6 min X-TREME BIAS 3
American > Britain 6 min freddie47 42
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 7 min Hebrew Soldier 6,439
Somali Women: You Are Wrong About Bad Features ... 7 min Be_Real_Fool 270
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 19 min Enough 121,073
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 35 min Insect Trust 24,679
Even Rapper Drake, Called East African Women, "... 1 hr Northern Lights 209
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••