What should I name my biracial baby?
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Pretty Lil White Girl

Chicago, IL

#622 May 2, 2011
Why are you using my name? You wanna be me don't cha? LMAO!!
Jess

United States

#624 Aug 21, 2011
Its a newer generation. Every person on this earth of any race who is racist, they are ignorant and FYI its 2011 and NOBODY on this earth is a solid race, everyone has something in them. Some are german, white,with irish, I hate stpidity. Name ur child wat u want & love and cherish them & youve done ur part as a parent, who cares wat ignorant ppl say, theyre insecure about themselves, fyi racism is against the law n has proved to be deadly if u catch my drift thays y ppl hide behind computers n tlk trash lol children.
Dragonbreath

Los Angeles, CA

#625 Aug 21, 2011
LOL @ a black name. Is he having second thoughts about having a white baby now?

He married a white woman what's the use of trying to preserve any black culture in his family now?

Just name the kid Brad or Scotty and be done with it. If it were a girl I'd advise on Becky.

Good luck.
Brandon Campbell

United States

#626 Dec 26, 2011
To the trick who dont like biracial babies, fxxx u why would u post that dumb axx opinion? biracail babies are the most adorable! And white girls are not stealing all the black men, black girls aint in style no more simple as that.
Proud Coon

Erskineville, Australia

#627 Dec 26, 2011
Ana Moldovan wrote:
I am white and my husband is black. We've been married for two years now (i'm 23, he's 25) and I am 6 months pregnant with our first child.
We are having a baby boy.
My husband and I have been talking about baby names and we can't seem to agree on one. I'd like to go with a simple and classic name and he wants to go with a "black" name. His favorite baby names so far are "Darnell", "Monte" (pronounced mon-tay), and "LeBron" (yes, like the bball player LeBron James).
I had a conversation with his mother and she gave me a long lecture about why I should give my baby a "black" name. She said that my baby will most likely look black and will identify as a black man so he should have a black name. She said that it's very important to her family that I do so....
What should I do???
Do you have any names that would please my husband and his mother that are a little more exotic yet still on the traditional side and fairly common?
It needs to have a black name. You don't want him to associate with the inferior white male.

LeBron is good name but likely overused. Darnell is a good one.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#628 Dec 26, 2011
You are white and it comes out of you, so give them a White name. You owe then white culture, heritage, and traditions. If you fail to teach that, then you are just a race traitor and a failure as a white person.
gorjess

Anchorage, AK

#629 Jan 13, 2012
I am whitee my husband is black. We have talked about what we will name our children, and really there are names tons of names that will be suitable. Just one example....michael...need i say more? As for everyones argument over interracial couples....REALLY?! why is it so bad for a white woman to be with a black man or the other way around? I know plenty of black woman that are married and have families out side of their race, so is only ok if your a black woman to be with whatever race they want but, for white woman to only be with white men? C'mon now, i thought we were moving past all this crap....

“Cardinals-World Series :}”

Level 4

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#630 Jan 13, 2012
Don't give your son anyone of those bogus ass names. So they're basically ignorant saying your child should have a ghetto name because hell look black. That's bogus. There are many bm with nice names. That's like telling a bw she can't name her daughter erica because its not 'black enough'. I find that insulting. They're basically saying black names are ghetto and that blacks should have ghetto names. Its your child you have more say in what you name him. I don't even want to know what the father and grandmothers name are smh. Alicia keys named her son Egypt and I love that name. You shouldn't limit a childs name to their race. Lebrons and Montes ? SMFH. I feel sorry for your son.
dont believe the hype

United States

#631 Jan 13, 2012
Name the damn baby biy ZEBRA or panda its quite the fitting name considering the circumstances of the parents races so there u go zebra or panda.
KML

Birmingham, AL

#632 Jan 21, 2012
To Lashaundria:First of all, stealing?? come on now, this is 2012, its time to cut that out. I am Caucasian and came straight our of the hood, the belly of the beast is what we call it), my husband, who is African American came from a good neighborhood hes proper, studies etymology, business, real estate.(his nick name: white man)i met him at church almost 10 years ago, and guess what? he chose me. i wasn't even interested in a relationship, i was too busy trying to have a career in music. A true beautiful relationship is not based on color, it's called love and love is color blind. Read the bible, it will tell you the same thing. God don't like ugly. Ask Moses, when his sister was hating on his wife (who was a different race) God struck her with leprosy because of her hatred and prejudice.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#633 Jan 23, 2012
Despite what I said earlier, and after giving it thought, I'd give them a Black name. I mean, some of the names are just beautiful and they are not overused in society as a whole.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#634 Jan 23, 2012
KML wrote:
To Lashaundria:First of all, stealing?? come on now, this is 2012, its time to cut that out. I am Caucasian and came straight our of the hood, the belly of the beast is what we call it), my husband, who is African American came from a good neighborhood hes proper, studies etymology, business, real estate.(his nick name: white man)i met him at church almost 10 years ago, and guess what? he chose me. i wasn't even interested in a relationship, i was too busy trying to have a career in music. A true beautiful relationship is not based on color, it's called love and love is color blind. Read the bible, it will tell you the same thing. God don't like ugly. Ask Moses, when his sister was hating on his wife (who was a different race) God struck her with leprosy because of her hatred and prejudice.
However, very few IR relationships are based on love, but on neediness, intimidation, or some form of racism. Also, remember that Moses was lighter than his wife, not the other way around. BW usually turn out better with WM than WW do with BM.

Level 3

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#635 Jan 23, 2012
if it's a boy, name him River or Rapid or a landscape..if it's a girl name her Orchid, Lilly or a flower..
Tanner

Duncanville, TX

#636 Mar 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
for lashaundria in la, you are extremely rascist. i am a white woman married to a black man. We have a beautiful son together. You obviously hate yourself and are deeply jealous of white woman. i believe it's ignorant black woman like yourself who make black men want to be with white woman...
I have to agree with the womans quote above me . You are the reason black men can't stand black women your ignorance . Or should I say black females . You are obviously very insecure . Grow up . Obviously your doing something that makes black men not want you . Maybe if got an education & had your own he would view you differently . Like i said grow up please us white women take care of our B L A C K M E N !
HAPPILY MARRIED TO A BLACK MAN.(:
A strong word

Chesapeake, OH

#637 Jan 29, 2013
You should give him a strong name that you aim him to grow up into. If you give him a "black" name. He may get that stigmatized like every other African American man trying to make an honest respectable living. Even tho our country has laws against discrimination. Black and White men in particular get pushed aside in the entry level work force based on names, and then by education. Children are brutal in school as well..they find ways to pick on those who have funny names, braces, glasses, speak with weird accents. Give him a name you feel you can stand by, that he will stand by and respect as well. Stand strong on your choice and congratulations.
Kimberly

United States

#639 Jul 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
for lashaundria in la, you are extremely rascist. i am a white woman married to a black man. We have a beautiful son together. You obviously hate yourself and are deeply jealous of white woman. i believe it's ignorant black woman like yourself who make black men want to be with white woman...
I to married to a black man,I didn't steal him we have 2kids together and since when is it that white woman. Are stealing your men,didn't deluxe black men had to be with black women. Get a life, biracial families are beautiful and if you think differently then keep that to yourself. I have my opinions to as to why this happens but, in KY Chris brown voice "I don't wanna go there"
Mary

United States

#641 Jul 3, 2013
Tanner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with the womans quote above me . You are the reason black men can't stand black women your ignorance . Or should I say black females . You are obviously very insecure . Grow up . Obviously your doing something that makes black men not want you . Maybe if got an education & had your own he would view you differently . Like i said grow up please us white women take care of our B L A C K M E N !
HAPPILY MARRIED TO A BLACK MAN.(:
Let's be honest you NEED the black men you(ww) date and marry to hate black women.Otherwise you would be paranoid and hysterical 24/7, the way you are with your own race of men.
39ehonor

Jupiter, FL

#642 Jul 3, 2013
Kimberly wrote:
<quoted text>
I to married to a black man,I didn't steal him we have 2kids together and since when is it that white woman. Are stealing your men,didn't deluxe black men had to be with black women. Get a life, biracial families are beautiful and if you think differently then keep that to yourself. I have my opinions to as to why this happens but, in KY Chris brown voice "I don't wanna go there"
your English is atrocious--what are you, some kind of white trailer trash married to a big-lipped n####r?? biracial families are UGLY lol and not "beautiful"--your two kids definitely have low IQ's lol
falsereality

Saltville, VA

#644 Jul 3, 2013
any name that starts with an A will get your kid A's in school.. it's karma..

every kid with an A in their name including my own dad has had a's in school
falsereality

Saltville, VA

#645 Jul 3, 2013
uh.. no i just saw black woman with a white guy .. kinda felt sorry for him since he had to wait so dag blain long to get a girlfriend..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,563,736
News Racism still prevalent 50 years after riots 30 ... 4 min Redefined 30
Worlds strongest man competition tonight on cbs 7 min Ugly monkeys 24
Reasons why good black women don't want good bl... 9 min Yisraelite Suprem... 2
Christie Brinkley at 63 looks better than every... 13 min Jim 17
Whites Should Stop Sending Aid To Africa, Israe... 25 min indict BOB DYLAN 72
Blacks Are Biologically Superior To Whites (Sep '12) 30 min Siamonee 728
Ugly monkeys: I am sorry to all the blacks I ha... 39 min Paul 40
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 4 hr Chalotte 43
Should We Consider Segregating Schools Again? 4 hr KIP 105
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 6 hr Paul 1,537
More from around the web