I need proof that the Ancient Egyptia...
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16568 Jul 30, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! You're seriously hysterical.
Means of classification, lol. Right. But ethnicity, boy, is culturally created. African-American is ETHNICITY, you idiot, not "race". "black" is race, if we are to take "race" seriously, which I don't. Haitian is ethnicity, fool. So which are you? I really am not convinced you have enough intelligence to maintain an ethnicity. Perhaps we'll just classify you as "dolt".
See your problem is that your racist ass uses color as race idiot. Just any other racist white cracker. Black is not a race. It's the color of my skin. American is a race of people. Within that race you have different ethnic groups. A person from New York compared to someone from Florida are developing different ethnic qualities from each other. The person from Florida has a southern culture a d most likely if white share a common ethnicity and or race and vice versa. Since America is very new, the ethnic groups are mixed and the cultures are separate. African is a race of people fool. Their ethnic groups vary depending on which country your in. I don't look at race as a color. Maybe that's your problem. Maybe you need to read more and figure out that the only people that are classified into race by color is black and white people while others are classified into race with respect to region and other aspects. Get a clue you racist idiot. Your the one that lacks the intelligence to comprehend these things. Ethnicity is not culturally created. The people of the ethnic groups create the culture. The culture doesn't exist before the people so how can the ethnic people be created by the culture??? Idiot. You make no sense at all. And if one creates the other than they are not the same you dumb ass. That makes them replace by to each other which is what I have been saying theme whole time you close minded idiot.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16569 Jul 30, 2013
*that makes them relevant to each other
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#16570 Jul 30, 2013
Lance wrote:
Ancient Egyptians were indeed Black Africans. Archaeologists have discovered, by examining their cranial structure, that they were a mixture of what we would today consider Black and Arab. They were mostly Black. The Greek were not Egyptians, they did not even arrive to Egypt until mid 300 BC, well after the Pyramids which were built around 2500 BC. Many Egyptians of today are also black but what we see in the media are the "whiter" Egyptians whose are a mixture of many races. Yes, they are Egyptians because they have been there for generations but they are not the descendants of the ancient Egyptians who were Black. If you look at the features of the Modern North Africans such as the Somalians and Ethiopians, you will see that have facial structure very similar to the Egyptians in the hieroglyphics. You don't have to have a wide nose and stereotypical "Negroid" features to be Negro. There are many groups of Africans who do not fit the stereotype. People just readily categorize all Africans with the ones from Congo. Some scientists have even gone as far as to try and classify North Africans as "Caucasoid" because they defy the scientific definition of "Negroid" which is not defined by skin color but by facial (cranial) structure. It’s just an attempt to dissociate Egypt and North Africans with so called "Sub-Saharan" Africa and whiten the Ancient Egyptians. But even common sense tells you that they were Black. Sudan is Egypt's neighboring country and it is no question that the Sudanese are Black. A few miles to the north, however, and the Africans miraculously are no longer Black
Read this interesting essay by a Black Egyptian woman
http://proofmagazine.i8.com/catalog.html
Pharaohs (notice the unmistakable African features):
http://users.cyberone.com.au/myers/diop12-13....
notice the women's braids
http://users.cyberone.com.au/myers/egypt-wome...
Ancient Egypt was between two light skin Eurasian Caucasian nations! How the hell could Egypt have been a black only society????? Ethiopians have Eurasian DNA just like ancient Egyptians! North Africans ARE Caucasoid as are Ethiopians!
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#16571 Jul 30, 2013
Mary wrote:
I've always thought that the egyptians were black because they had brown skin, big lips, and big noses. Just because the people who live in Egypt in the present day don't look like black people does'nt mean the ancient egyptians didn't. People who call them selves Americans in the present day look nothing like they did a hundred years ago. Egypt is in Africa and Africans are black which is why i think that the ancient egyptians were black.
The ancient Egyptians lived between two light skinned Eurasian nations! How the hell could they have been black only?????
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#16572 Jul 30, 2013
dreamhunk wrote:
Egyptians Were Black! Ancient Egyptian Descendant Speaks Out On the Lie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AAEAabG_9ZgXX
They were always mixed race, some white,some black! Look at ALL their wall paintings!

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#16573 Jul 30, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
<quoted text>
See your problem is that your racist ass uses color as race idiot. Just any other racist white cracker. Black is not a race. It's the color of my skin. American is a race of people. Within that race you have different ethnic groups. A person from New York compared to someone from Florida are developing different ethnic qualities from each other. The person from Florida has a southern culture a d most likely if white share a common ethnicity and or race and vice versa. Since America is very new, the ethnic groups are mixed and the cultures are separate. African is a race of people fool. Their ethnic groups vary depending on which country your in. I don't look at race as a color. Maybe that's your problem. Maybe you need to read more and figure out that the only people that are classified into race by color is black and white people while others are classified into race with respect to region and other aspects. Get a clue you racist idiot. Your the one that lacks the intelligence to comprehend these things. Ethnicity is not culturally created. The people of the ethnic groups create the culture. The culture doesn't exist before the people so how can the ethnic people be created by the culture??? Idiot. You make no sense at all. And if one creates the other than they are not the same you dumb ass. That makes them replace by to each other which is what I have been saying theme whole time you close minded idiot.
Moron. Learn to read, boy. I stated I do not see race as a valid concept. Obviously then I'm not using it at all, nitwit.

DAMN you're stupid, dropout boy!!! LOL...“American” is a RACE? LOL

This is hilarious... do keep on posting this nonsense for our entertainment. How amusing, a dropout with many times less intelligence than me, and virtually no education, wants to debate anthropological topics!!!

And race can be determined by RELIGION??? LOL!!!

Ethnicity is culturally created, boy. Where is it from then, the genes? LOL... You DO NOT know what “culture” means, boy.

People create culture, you idiot, and part of the culture is ETHNICITY. It is within a cultural context. It is determined CULTURALLY, not be anything else.

You drool.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16574 Aug 5, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron. Learn to read, boy. I stated I do not see race as a valid concept. Obviously then I'm not using it at all, nitwit.
DAMN you're stupid, dropout boy!!! LOL...“American” is a RACE? LOL
This is hilarious... do keep on posting this nonsense for our entertainment. How amusing, a dropout with many times less intelligence than me, and virtually no education, wants to debate anthropological topics!!!
And race can be determined by RELIGION??? LOL!!!
Ethnicity is culturally created, boy. Where is it from then, the genes? LOL... You DO NOT know what “culture” means, boy.
People create culture, you idiot, and part of the culture is ETHNICITY. It is within a cultural context. It is determined CULTURALLY, not be anything else.
You drool.
Your definitely an idiot. Race can be determined by a number of things. Same with ethnicity. Ethnic groups are not determined by culture. They are determined more by regional location, ancestry and physical appearance and the people of a particular region, ancestry and physical appearance that create the culture. Same as race, people are identified racially by physical appearance, anatomy and culture. Which is exactly why I said all three of them relate to each other. But I guess a fool like you who has to lie about being a teacher couldn't see that. If you are teaching, it's probably at some type of kinder care because your too stupid and ignorant to teach anyone over 5. American people are a race of people and as time goes on they will be a race of people with common ethnicity as ethnicity is an ever changing attribute.... Idiot.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16575 Aug 5, 2013
African AE wrote:
<quoted text>The ancient Egyptians lived between two light skinned Eurasian nations! How the hell could they have been black only?????
You just wish they weren't black only when indeed they were. Ethiopians are not lightskinned. Never have been. Even this idiot Barros knows that. They are darker then almost all African Americans today. Egyptians lived in Africa in between the dark dark Ethiopians who were given there name by the Greeks which means burnt face and the people to the north east of the ancient Egyptians occupying north Africa were the Moors which was also a name that meant black. Go learn some history fool.
latinasmakemesmi le

Melrose Park, IL

#16576 Aug 10, 2013
For all the black people that believe jesus was black, I know he wasn't but I do believe he can visit you and look like any image that will not make u feel frightened, 1st point he was JEWISH, second in the bible it says his skin looked like the color of bronze, bronze is not black or brown, meaning he lived in the sun, dessert, I'm white and in the summer my skin becomes a bronze color. So please stop with the blasphemy, jesus is not black, meaning black people are not the chosen one's. JEWISH PEOPLE ARE THE CHOSEN ONE'S, ohand FYI, I'm not jewish

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Location hidden

#16577 Aug 10, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Your definitely an idiot. Race can be determined by a number of things. Same with ethnicity. Ethnic groups are not determined by culture. They are determined more by regional location, ancestry and physical appearance and the people of a particular region, ancestry and physical appearance that create the culture. Same as race, people are identified racially by physical appearance, anatomy and culture. Which is exactly why I said all three of them relate to each other. But I guess a fool like you who has to lie about being a teacher couldn't see that. If you are teaching, it's probably at some type of kinder care because your too stupid and ignorant to teach anyone over 5. American people are a race of people and as time goes on they will be a race of people with common ethnicity as ethnicity is an ever changing attribute.... Idiot.
It's a cultural attribution, nitwit.

Culture is all created in the mind. An ethnic group is not formed by nature or place or genes... but by culture.

Human culture includes ethnicity as well as other social formations: moieties, clans, kingdoms, etc.

You have so little culture yourself, all of this is difficult to understand.

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Location hidden

#16578 Aug 10, 2013
Gaymoney wrote:
<quoted text>
You just wish they weren't black only when indeed they were. Ethiopians are not lightskinned. Never have been. Even this idiot Barros knows that. They are darker then almost all African Americans today. Egyptians lived in Africa in between the dark dark Ethiopians who were given there name by the Greeks which means burnt face and the people to the north east of the ancient Egyptians occupying north Africa were the Moors which was also a name that meant black. Go learn some history fool.
The origin of the word "Moor" is Phoenician. It meant "western".
Arvid

Sweden

#16579 Aug 10, 2013
Stop deluding yourself please. No matter how much you want the ancient egyptians to be black it still isn't true. There are no proof that they were and nothing speaks for that they were. North africans aren't black and even if they were todays african americans and west africans wouldnt be related to them at all since they're from the differrent side of Africa, and I know thats what you really want.
Arvid

Sweden

#16580 Aug 10, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cultural attribution, nitwit.
Culture is all created in the mind. An ethnic group is not formed by nature or place or genes... but by culture.
Human culture includes ethnicity as well as other social formations: moieties, clans, kingdoms, etc.
You have so little culture yourself, all of this is difficult to understand.

Ethnicity is your genetic makeup and has nothing to with culture. If a white boy is adopted by a black family his ethnicity would still be white, even though his culture wouldn't be seen as stereotypically white.
nombre dior

Plano, TX

#16581 Aug 10, 2013
Arvid wrote:
Stop deluding yourself please. No matter how much you want the ancient egyptians to be black it still isn't true. There are no proof that they were and nothing speaks for that they were. North africans aren't black and even if they were todays african americans and west africans wouldnt be related to them at all since they're from the differrent side of Africa, and I know thats what you really want.
i think this whole debate can be cleared up quite easily.
I've been a black man ALL of my life, but because my ancestry is East African, people tend to call me caucasion these days. Though growing up I've always been black.
During the "BlackHawk Down" days, i was conveniently black when whites were trying to force me to answer for Somalians I dont even know.
But the since the VAST majority of Ancient Egyptians look exactly like me and all of my Somailian Country Men... and NOTHING like Modern egyptians and certainly NOTHING like Eurasians, or modern Europeans ANYWHERE, whites are willing to argue ME down about MY ancestry. It actually kills them when I refuse to be called Caucasion for the sake of this argument. By their logic MOST African Americans should be called caucasion..
for the sake of the American argument, if the the average ancient egyptian was in 1955 alabama, would he be on the back or front of the bus?
That should answer your question.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#16582 Aug 10, 2013
nombre dior wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a black man ALL of my life, but because my ancestry is East African, people tend to call me caucasion these days. Though growing up I've always been black.
During the "BlackHawk Down" days, i was conveniently black when whites were trying to force me to answer for Somalians I dont even know.
But the since the VAST majority of Ancient Egyptians look exactly like me and all of my Somailian Country Men... and NOTHING like Modern egyptians and certainly NOTHING like Eurasians, or modern Europeans ANYWHERE, whites are willing to argue ME down about MY ancestry. It actually kills them when I refuse to be called Caucasion for the sake of this argument. By their logic MOST African Americans should be called caucasion..
for the sake of the American argument, if the the average ancient egyptian was in 1955 alabama, would he be on the back or front of the bus?
great point
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#16583 Aug 11, 2013
nombre dior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Egypt was between two light skinned nations and could never have been a black society only! Ancient Egyptians probably looked exactly like modern Egyptians!
pn1cladelover

Netherlands

#16584 Aug 11, 2013
African AE wrote:
<quoted text>Ancient Egypt was between two light skinned nations and could never have been a black society only! Ancient Egyptians probably looked exactly like modern Egyptians!
they were right next door to the Nubians. the Egyptian culture from the south

so??????????
arasul

Philippines

#16585 Aug 11, 2013
Fooki wrote:
Then why is Egypt called Kemet?
well, kemet could mean the "black land" or land of black people but could also mean "black land" in regards to the fertile black soil of the nile
Gmoney

United States

#16586 Aug 12, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
The origin of the word "Moor" is Phoenician. It meant "western".
You're an idiot. The term comes the Greeks mauros and means dark. Here is a bust of a Mauri from El Bardo Museum in Tunisia.

http://www.africanark.org/images/El%20Bardo%2...

Level 3

Since: Nov 07

El Cajon, CA

#16587 Aug 14, 2013
nombre dior wrote:
<quoted text>
This scenario applies to how the word 'Hamitic' is conveniently used .. in Africa when used to describe particular types of Africans it assigns non-African-ness ....But in Europe it does the opposite it assigns blackness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min BlueFlag 1,601,374
I hope this world dies. (Nov '11) 3 min fff 45
The truth about white people/their secrets and ... (Mar '15) 10 min Mr Lee 91
Gay Is The New Jew, Not The New Black (May '09) 13 min AIPAC is evil 3
Whitey saves the day again: AIDS cured! 26 min Mr Lee 16
Thx appreciation thread. 37 min Mr Lee 10
Their dirty laundry 43 min Mr Lee 89
Young ape [email protected] 67 yo woman for 11 hours 54 min Mr Lee 44
Nighur decapitates puppy because it soiled the ... 1 hr Mr Lee 19
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 4 hr Legion_is_Maceo 1,580