Gmoney

Brooklyn, NY

#16493 Jun 20, 2013
This guy is truly an idiot? What race is an Irish and Native American man that lives in America, or a African American and Chinese person who lives in America? They are of mixed race fool. Nevertheless still American. Racial categories represent a social-political construct of the race or races that one identifies with. So if culturally you are more familiar with American culture, your going to consider yourself American and so on. Race and ethnicity may not be exactly the same but they are intertwined. They do represent each other. If you are truly an anthropology graduate you should know that. Culture-- Culture (Latin: cultura, lit. "cultivation"[1]) is a modern concept based on a term first used in classical antiquity by the Roman orator Cicero: "cultura animi". The term "culture" appeared first in Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries, to connote a process of cultivation or improvement, as in agriculture or horticulture. In the 19th century, the term developed to refer first to the betterment or refinement of the individual, especially through education, and then to the fulfillment of national aspirations or ideals. In the mid-19th century, some scientists used the term "culture" to refer to a universal human capacity. For the German nonpositivist sociologist Georg Simmel, culture referred to "the cultivation of individuals through the agency of external forms which have been objectified in the course of history".[2]

In the 20th century, "culture" emerged as a central concept in anthropology, encompassing the range of human phenomena that cannot be attributed to genetic inheritance. Specifically, the term "culture" in American anthropology had two meanings:

the evolved human capacity to classify and represent experiences with symbols, and to act imaginatively and creatively; and
the distinct ways that people living differently classified and represented their experiences, and acted creatively.[3]

So tell me how the hell do you get American not being a race of people but a culture?
Gmoney

Brooklyn, NY

#16494 Jun 20, 2013
The American people are the race of people you dim wit. How we live, things we do, work habits, parties, laws. These are our culture.... Go to sleep hoe.

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#16495 Jun 20, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said it right there you idiot.. Race is your biological make up. My mom was born in Haiti and my father and I were born here. That makes me Haitian American you idiot. That's my biological make up fool. My race... Dumb ass idiot you don't know nothing.... Culture is the way you live, your morals, rituals, habits, religion. America has culture. Mainly adopted culture from other places you fool as it is a new nation unless you talk about the Native American which are an ethnic group/ race of people now within south and North America who have their own culture. You don't even know the meaning of culture and its not complicated. It's fairly simple. It's just complicated to an idiot like you. I'm not confusing anything. Your the only one confused and misplaced here buddy. Get a clue.. Many Ethiopians have different background. Some Arab, some African, some a mix of both. They are still Ethiopian. Same with an American you idiot. African American, Asian American, Arab American, Irish American, still American you idiot. And Yank refers to anyone who is an American. And no we don't adopt to the mainstream culture stupid. I eat the food my mom knows to cook from Haiti not McDonalds. I cook like a Haitian, have morals of a Haitian, speak Creole. So what are you talkin about? Ou fou? Ki sa'w gen jen petite? Shut up boy.. You talk a lot of shyt about people you know nothing about.
Still wrong, anthropologically-illiterate clown.

Your ETHNICITY is Haitian-American. Ethnicity and race are not the same thing. The way you live is culture. Culture comes from your ethnic group. It is taught transgenerationally.

Get it? Read it a few times, maybe you'll figure it out.

Don't you wish now you hadn't dropped out of 8th grade?

Espèce d'idiot... If you're practicing Haitian culture, then you're not necessarily of the “black Yank” or “white Yank” category... but likely your personal culture is a mixture of those 2 with Haitian.

In any case, so what? The point still is, fool, that ethnicity is CULTURE not race.

Level 6

Location hidden

#16496 Jun 20, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
The American people are the race of people you dim wit. How we live, things we do, work habits, parties, laws. These are our culture.... Go to sleep hoe.
It's CULTURE! That is not RACE, you moron. Culture is in your brain, in your mentality, in your learning. RACE is biological. Culture is not biological.

You truly are a dimwitted dipwad.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16497 Jun 20, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's CULTURE! That is not RACE, you moron. Culture is in your brain, in your mentality, in your learning. RACE is biological. Culture is not biological.
Ok and that's what I been saying you dumb idiot. Your just proving my point. Your the one that's saying that the American people are not a race of people. They are a race of people you fool. A race of people that have multi cultural and ethnic backgrounds... Dumb ass. Seems like you have dropped out of the 5th grade and never learned how to read. They are all connected. Your race is who you are biologically and geographically. It also dictates ethnicity because of that. Depending on your location, your most likely sharing similar ethnic simularities and culture with the people. However America is different. America is a land of immigrants excluding the native Americans. Since almost everyone has come somewhere else and have brought their foreign culture here and have decided to either stick to it or convert to things that Americans have been creating as their own culture. Whether that persons off spring adapts to American culture or keep their parents foreign culture guess what, they are still an American. And that is now part of their race. So the point is Yankee, or Yank is a racial slur. You are referring to the person, where they are from and the race of American people are the targets fool. If culture is in your brain and race is who you are, how can you call a culture a yank? Does make much sense does it idiot?
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16498 Jun 20, 2013
*Doesn't make
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16499 Jun 20, 2013
And ethnicity is not culture, they are different.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16500 Jun 20, 2013
Latino is an ethnic group with many different cultures.... How the hell are you a teacher?

Level 6

Location hidden

#16501 Jun 20, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
And ethnicity is not culture, they are different.
Ethnicity is based on culture. It is a cultural creation. Nobody is born with any genetic predisposition toward a particular ethnic culture... it is all learned.

Ethnicity = culture.

Race = bull$hit.

Level 6

Location hidden

#16502 Jun 20, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
Latino is an ethnic group with many different cultures.... How the hell are you a teacher?
I teach because I know the real facts, the science, behind these matters, while you babble nonsense.

Latino is not an ethnic group, fool. Ethnic groups are such as: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Venezuelan, Chilean, Uruguayan. Each of these ethnic groups has its own culture. Due to a common history of occupation by the Spanish Empire, these various ethnic groups have elements of Spanish, Catalan, Galician, etc., culture but nonetheless, their ethnicities are specified as I listed.

You know nothing of culture, history, society... and you presume to argue with me? How comical. Put on a round red nose for us, ok?

Level 6

Location hidden

#16503 Jun 20, 2013
Gmoney wrote:
This guy is truly an idiot? What race is an Irish and Native American man that lives in America, or a African American and Chinese person who lives in America? They are of mixed race fool. Nevertheless still American. Racial categories represent a social-political construct of the race or races that one identifies with. So if culturally you are more familiar with American culture, your going to consider yourself American and so on. Race and ethnicity may not be exactly the same but they are intertwined. They do represent each other. If you are truly an anthropology graduate you should know that. Culture-- Culture (Latin: cultura, lit. "cultivation"[1]) is a modern concept based on a term first used in classical antiquity by the Roman orator Cicero: "cultura animi". The term "culture" appeared first in Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries, to connote a process of cultivation or improvement, as in agriculture or horticulture. In the 19th century, the term developed to refer first to the betterment or refinement of the individual, especially through education, and then to the fulfillment of national aspirations or ideals. In the mid-19th century, some scientists used the term "culture" to refer to a universal human capacity. For the German nonpositivist sociologist Georg Simmel, culture referred to "the cultivation of individuals through the agency of external forms which have been objectified in the course of history".[2]
In the 20th century, "culture" emerged as a central concept in anthropology, encompassing the range of human phenomena that cannot be attributed to genetic inheritance. Specifically, the term "culture" in American anthropology had two meanings:
the evolved human capacity to classify and represent experiences with symbols, and to act imaginatively and creatively; and
the distinct ways that people living differently classified and represented their experiences, and acted creatively.[3]
So tell me how the hell do you get American not being a race of people but a culture?
Because what makes them “American”(Yank) is all cultural, precisely as your quotes described culture. Ethnicity is culture.“Yank” is ethnicity, not race.

2 people of exactly the same genetic ancestry could be of different ethnicities. One could be German, the other Yank. Or one Yoruba, the other Yank. Get it? RACE is not what makes them Yanks. CULTURE (ethnicity) makes them Yanks. Yank is ethnicity.

Ethnicity is a cultural creation. It is not in the genes. Now read what you posted again. NOT GENETIC!

There is no “Yank” gene.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16505 Jun 20, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach because I know the real facts, the science, behind these matters, while you babble nonsense.
Latino is not an ethnic group, fool. Ethnic groups are such as: Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Venezuelan, Chilean, Uruguayan. Each of these ethnic groups has its own culture. Due to a common history of occupation by the Spanish Empire, these various ethnic groups have elements of Spanish, Catalan, Galician, etc., culture but nonetheless, their ethnicities are specified as I listed.
You know nothing of culture, history, society... and you presume to argue with me? How comical. Put on a round red nose for us, ok?

Peruvian, el salvadorian, Venezuelan, Chilean are all of Latino ethnicity. And Latino is the ethnic group. Go google it idiot. Cuban, Dominican, Jamaican, Haitian are part of a carribean ethnic group you fool. Ethnicity is not defined by who ruled over you or simply by which language you speak idiot. It is defined by way more than that stupid. People from Chile and Dominican Republic do not have the same culture, do not eat the same food or anything fool. they sont li e the same. so the culture is definitely different. if ethnicity and culture are the same then explain why a Doninican and a Haitian have more in common than a Dominican and Chilean or a Peruvian or Colombian. Your not educated.. Your just playing educated boy.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16506 Jun 20, 2013
*they don't live the same
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16507 Jun 20, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethnicity is based on culture. It is a cultural creation. Nobody is born with any genetic predisposition toward a particular ethnic culture... it is all learned.
Ethnicity = culture.
Race = bull$hit.
No but common culture is formed by a common race of congregating people you idiot. People of the same race live together, breed together, make rules together, and learn how to survive together. It's because of these racial similarities that people share ethnic similarities. Barros the idiot lets just get this straight, there is no such thing as a cultural slur. There is however a racial and or ethnic slur. It's that way because when you say those condescending remarks, they refer to someone's race or ethnicity fool, not their culture.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16509 Jun 20, 2013
And most carribean people like Trinidadians, Dominicans, Cubans are not going to say they are Latino. They are going to say they are West Indian fool.
Gmoney

Woodbridge, VA

#16510 Jun 20, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Culture has attributes, not a title. American is not the name of the culture, it is the name for the people that exhibit and practice the culture... Your an idiot.
dreamhunk

Calgary, Canada

#16511 Jun 21, 2013
THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS & NUBIANS WERE THE SAME RACE (AFRICAN PEOPLE)

dreamhunk

Calgary, Canada

#16513 Jul 1, 2013
Say No to Black History - Ancient Egyptians, Hebrews,&#65279; Moors & Arabs Were Blacks&#65279; Whited Out!&#65279;

dreamhunk

Calgary, Canada

#16514 Jul 1, 2013
Say No to Black History - Ancient Egyptians, Hebrews, Moors & Arabs Were Blacks Whited Out!

dreamhunk

Calgary, Canada

#16515 Jul 3, 2013
True indoctrination is being a black child in a white dominated education&#65279; system!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
135,000 foot jump from the edge of space 3 min Yous gots know br... 15
Why Do Some Blacks Lie About Their Ethnicity (Oct '07) 6 min Sahelian son 311
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,127,230
Home come women's privates don't shrink and men... 10 min GetRealMichael 5
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 14 min Mick 329
Mr. Brown 15 min GetRealMichael 98
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 18 min Sahelian son 949
Ferguson Grand Jury and History 18 min NotSoDivineMsM 136
Many HISPANICS think they're WHITE 20 min Redefined 165
Another High School shooting 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 39