Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Ok, what is with this deer antler story?

Is Ray Lewis going out a loser, instead of championship contender?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lea...

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
Ok, what is with this deer antler story?
Is Ray Lewis going out a loser, instead of championship contender?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lea...
Thanks. That story opens up a whole can of worms in the NFL. Steriods/HGH(Human growth hormone) and other performance enhancing drug use in the NFL is rampant.This late in the season,most of those players are playing with injuries,and the NFL will "look away",as these players take whatever they have to take to recover from the violent hits they take,week after week.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

-throws a quarter in the juke box-

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Cap Black

Maple Hill, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

So Beyonce is doing the half time show? Maybe a piece falls off like Janet Jackson did a few yrs back.:-)
That shyt was staged. Had everyone at the sllave camp(work)the next day talking about it. NFL is entertainmen(business)t first. Remember that.
Cap Black

Maple Hill, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Colin is gonna have his hands full deciphering the Ravens blitzes comming from every angle. We'll get to see how fast he is on his feet and mind,under heavy pressure. Cause Ray Lewis and em commin.

"The quality of decision is like the well timed swoop of a Falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim-Sun Tzu(Art of war)

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Capricorn Black wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. That story opens up a whole can of worms in the NFL. Steriods/HGH(Human growth hormone) and other performance enhancing drug use in the NFL is rampant.This late in the season,most of those players are playing with injuries,and the NFL will "look away",as these players take whatever they have to take to recover from the violent hits they take,week after week.
It looks like nothing is coming of this deer mess. I would hate to see this potentially wonderful Super Bowl sidelined by a dirty test or something!

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cap Black wrote:
So Beyonce is doing the half time show? Maybe a piece falls off like Janet Jackson did a few yrs back.:-)
That shyt was staged. Had everyone at the sllave camp(work)the next day talking about it. NFL is entertainmen(business)t first. Remember that.
It would be a trip if she is lip syncing and the recording gets stuck or something?

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like nothing is coming of this deer mess. I would hate to see this potentially wonderful Super Bowl sidelined by a dirty test or something!
For real. They just needed something to talk about. Once the lights go on sunday,the show begins.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a trip if she is lip syncing and the recording gets stuck or something?
lol. Yeah that would be funny.But all she would have to do is shake that @ss some more,and most of us(the fellas at least),would look past that glitch.lol

“Sexy & Independent”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cap Black wrote:
Colin is gonna have his hands full deciphering the Ravens blitzes comming from every angle. We'll get to see how fast he is on his feet and mind,under heavy pressure. Cause Ray Lewis and em commin.
"The quality of decision is like the well timed swoop of a Falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim-Sun Tzu(Art of war)
Don't worry. The 49ers got this. LOL....
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I dont care how old these players are,they still have that same feeling you get when you're in tournement mode.Wether it be little league or NFL. When i played in those tourenments back in the day,i couldnt sleep the night before. Tossing and turning,replaying the game over in your head(the possiblities). Before the game,my mars in serious capricorn was in effect. I didnt want to talk to nobody,in that zone. But once you touch that court for warm ups,and you see your opponant on the other side warming up,adrenalin kicks in,and you cant wait to go to war. Now im the biggest trash talker(sometimes to the point refs would tell me to "cool it"). Its all about getting in your opponants head. But talk is cheap,if oyu cant back it up.

It will be interesting to see how these two brother coaches,knowing each others tendancies,how they will game plan and attack each other.

"Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak."--Sun Tzu(Art of war)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“NATIONAL FRONT VICTORIOUS!! ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 09

VIVE LA FRANCE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>You make a good case for the 49ers. Perception and reality are two different things. The 49ers are the superbowl favorite by vegas(watch for the hook)that's a set up. Here's the reality.the Ravens have knocked out the AFCs 1 and 2 seeds for that reason alone they can win, but they also have more offensive weapons than the 49ers both on offense and defensive.
Offensively the Ravens have more than san fancisco because all the 49ers have is Collin and Frank Gore. While the Ravens have Joe Flacco who has grown "into a man" as ESPN analyst Merril hoge put it,has Ray Rice, and Anquan Boldin. The Ravens have more offensive variety than 49ers. So the Ravens will provide plenty of fits for the 49ers stout defense.
Baltimore, as we all know have a stout defense as you mentioned. Along side Ray Lewis, you have Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, and big bwoy Haloti Ngata clogging up the middlle. 3-4 defenses,which the Ravens use confuse even veteran quarter backs. A guy like Colin is gonna have his hands full all night reading the confusing,blitzing ravens D. The stakes are even higher,and the pressure grreater. I'm anxious to see how the young Q.B will handle that. It should be a good game. I think they give Ray Lewis hs final ring at the end of this movie. I think the Ravens defese,which has been the bread and butter of that franchise is going to make another statement..the way they shut down Tom Brady the whole second half. Poor Colin.
Ravens 27
49ers 17
. I'm finally starting to get into the game now. This 2-week period between the conference finals and the Super Bowl is bullshit. All the interviews....stats...."e xpert" analysis....gets old after a while , and I just want 'em to strap it up and get it on!

You make some good points , but I think the key player in the game will be DE Aldon Smith of the 49ers. The guy is a BEAST , and if Justin Smith is tying up blockers in the middle , this Smith guy is going to be coming in off the end , pretty much unblocked. Now , we know Flacco will never be confused with Mike Vick , and the pressure might disrupt his "flow". If he can make some quick , slant-type passes to Torrie Smith , and let him run after the catch , they may be alright. They can take the 49ers pass rush out of the game.

I don't think the Ravens "D" can really afford to be overaggressive and blitz Kapernik. That guy not only runs , but I've seen him lower his shoulder and BLAST an opposing defender. He seems to know how to read a potential blitz , and he won't hesitate to tuck it and run. Ray Lewis might get a good workout chasing him around all game.

Yes , I like the Ravens , and the fact they FINALLY have some weapons on offense to go with the studs on defense. But in the end , I still have to go with San Francisco.

Can't wait 'till Sunday!

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

ROMPER STOMPER wrote:
<quoted text>. I'm finally starting to get into the game now. This 2-week period between the conference finals and the Super Bowl is bullshit. All the interviews....stats...."e xpert" analysis....gets old after a while , and I just want 'em to strap it up and get it on!
You make some good points , but I think the key player in the game will be DE Aldon Smith of the 49ers. The guy is a BEAST , and if Justin Smith is tying up blockers in the middle , this Smith guy is going to be coming in off the end , pretty much unblocked. Now , we know Flacco will never be confused with Mike Vick , and the pressure might disrupt his "flow". If he can make some quick , slant-type passes to Torrie Smith , and let him run after the catch , they may be alright. They can take the 49ers pass rush out of the game.
I don't think the Ravens "D" can really afford to be overaggressive and blitz Kapernik. That guy not only runs , but I've seen him lower his shoulder and BLAST an opposing defender. He seems to know how to read a potential blitz , and he won't hesitate to tuck it and run. Ray Lewis might get a good workout chasing him around all game.
Yes , I like the Ravens , and the fact they FINALLY have some weapons on offense to go with the studs on defense. But in the end , I still have to go with San Francisco.
Can't wait 'till Sunday!
lol. I agree,the two-week superbowl layoff almost takes the fun out of it. But it helps both teams get much needed rest. Any defense or offense can be attacked or exploited. That's the beauty of strategy and coaching. If the 49ers over persue,the Ravens will(or should) use their over aggressiveness against them,and hit them with screens and draws,undernieth passes etc forcing them to change thier game plan. A Q.B does'nt have to be fast or mobil as one thinks(though its a great asset to have). Its about mathematics and angles. Tom Brady(and other quarterbacks who have mastered their craft),are masters at "side stepping" rushers,and know how to move in or around(manipulate)the pocket. I grew up watching a Q.B like Vick,and sometimes a running Q.B is more turnover prone,as his first reflex is to run,rather than to look up the field, and cover more ground by throwing the ball.

"just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions"-Sun Tzu(Art of war)

Its a constant game of cat and mouse game between offense and defense,and i think in the end, the Ravens defense will be too much for the young Colin to handle.

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The same way on the court,an over aggressive team that like to trap and full court press all game long(equivalent to a football team that likes to blitz a lot),if you beat them with quick passes down the court,they have left themselves exposed,and now you have the advantage ..a three on one fast break, alley hoop dunk is the end result. I promise they will stop trapping and pressing.

"Bravery without forethought,causes a man to fight blindly and desperately like a mad bull. Such an opponent must not be encountered with brute force, but may be lured into an ambush and slain."--Sun Tzu(Art of war)

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

they comfort me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

It is said my mars in capricorn is the coach/general of the zodiac. Sports is nothing but strategy.

Both teams are gonna be juiced and crunk in the beginning from all that emotion. You always have to weather that initial storm in the game.

"Now the spirit of the enemy's soldiers will be keenest when they have newly arrived on the scene, and it is therefore our cue not to fight at once, but to wait until their ardor and enthusiasm have worn off, and then strike. It is in this way that they may be robbed of their keen spirit. A clever general(coach), therefore, avoids an army when its spirit is keen, but attacks it when it is sluggish and inclined to return. This is the art of studying moods.'--Su Tzu(Art of War)
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Someone told me today Justin Smith wasnt playing. If that's true,your 49ers ar ein trouble ms Halle Berry sis.

“Sexy & Independent”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cap Black wrote:
Someone told me today Justin Smith wasnt playing. If that's true,your 49ers ar ein trouble ms Halle Berry sis.
I know about his injury. I think he will play because this is the Super Bowl (do or die). He better play.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Halle Berry Sister wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about his injury. I think he will play because this is the Super Bowl (do or die). He better play.
lol@ he better play. Im sure he will.Teams never tell until who they're playing.

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"(strike quickly)-Art of war

Thats how Ray Lewis and that defense gonna hit yall with those exotic blitzes comming from every direction.

Watch how they open up the playbook in the second half. Just like the Ravens did the Patriots in the second half. All good play callers do the same.

"Now the spirit of the enemy's soldiers will be keenest when they have newly arrived on the scene(beginning of game), and it is therefore our cue not to fight at once, but to wait until their ardor and enthusiasm have worn off, and then strike. It is in this way that they may be robbed of their keen spirit"--Sun Tzu(art of war)

“Sexy & Independent”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>lol@ he better play. Im sure he will.Teams never tell until who they're playing.
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"(strike quickly)-Art of war
Thats how Ray Lewis and that defense gonna hit yall with those exotic blitzes comming from every direction.
Watch how they open up the playbook in the second half. Just like the Ravens did the Patriots in the second half. All good play callers do the same.
"Now the spirit of the enemy's soldiers will be keenest when they have newly arrived on the scene(beginning of game), and it is therefore our cue not to fight at once, but to wait until their ardor and enthusiasm have worn off, and then strike. It is in this way that they may be robbed of their keen spirit"--Sun Tzu(art of war)
I like stated before the 49ers have to play great defense and not allow the Ravens to score many points. The 49ers are going to pull it off. It is do or die time. Colin is going to whip some butt California style.

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

This year's Super Bowl is looking pretty lame. The Ravens and 49ers would be just about as interesting as watching the Jaguars playing the Panthers. Bunch of teams that most of the country couldn't give a rat's behind about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••