Mother Africa is rapidly Modernizing..
auntie bee

United States

#111 Jan 8, 2013
WHAT!, did someone invent a mold to fit on a elephants foot to mass produce lip plates out of cooked skulls?
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#112 Jan 8, 2013
spook nukem wrote:
Africa is rapidly modernizing? What?? All of a sudden they are catching up to the "western" civilizations? Man, what an idiotic concept. After all these eons of living and breeding like rats, now they are instantly going to get "modern?" Did someone spray some magic dust on the people there and now they will advance into a real civilization? Oh, oh,... I see ... it's just another self-proclaimed "AA" trying desperately to upgrade the image of his/her heritage. OK, I get it.
You right! Its racist to say Africa is modernizing because of the Chinese! South Africa is already modernized with no help from the Chinese!

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#114 Jan 9, 2013
Who's with me!?

Level 6

Location hidden

#115 Jan 9, 2013
That's my last call.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#116 Jan 9, 2013
Well, it's very good to note that mother Africa is rapidly modernizing!

Haters and racists can hate but they can't change the way things really are!
spook nukem

Houston, TX

#117 Jan 9, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
Well, it's very good to note that mother Africa is rapidly modernizing!
Haters and racists can hate but they can't change the way things really are!
Sounds like you are the hater, "bro"
Dafontein Beaufort LeMarq

Poland

#118 Jan 9, 2013
Funny thread.

Negroes been in Africa for about 200,000 years and only now they are modernizing?

Don't you Negroes see what that means? It's an admission that Negroes have been behind the rest of the world in being a modern continent, despite being the oldest area of human population lmfwao

An own goal thread, if I ever read one lol

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#119 Jan 9, 2013
Dafontein Beaufort LeMarq wrote:
Funny thread.
Negroes been in Africa for about 200,000 years and only now they are modernizing?
Don't you Negroes see what that means? It's an admission that Negroes have been behind the rest of the world in being a modern continent, despite being the oldest area of human population lmfwao
You're not placing things into their proper context.

Africa was never uniformally behind any other continent until really the later 1800s when colonization began, continuing with Neocolonialism to today.

Prior to colonialism, especially in the medieval period, Africans were doing very well for themselves, and in many cases, better than many Europeans.

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#121 Jan 9, 2013
Funny thread.
no one need you'r polish devil point of vue .
I met some polish people in france they act like animals they listen to rock music they are racists and dirty and poor.
you'r stupid africa is the birth of all civilisation

Level 6

Location hidden

#123 Jan 9, 2013
King Tut was White wrote:
Wrong.
Civilization began in the Indus River Valley, not sub-Saharan "black" Africa.
SUB SHARIAN AFRICA
you must study dumb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kush
kush the mother of all civilisations in the world
spook nukem

Houston, TX

#124 Jan 9, 2013
obamahamza08 wrote:
<quoted text>
no one need you'r polish devil point of vue .
I met some polish people in france they act like animals they listen to rock music they are racists and dirty and poor.
you'r stupid africa is the birth of all civilisation
I guess that begs the question, Why after all the eons of existence are they still behind all other civilizations in terms of health, wealth, and advancement? If they are advanced, how did they allow colonization and foreign rule?(Use your head now)
Raj at Earth

Torrance, CA

#125 Jan 9, 2013
I think by 2050, Africa will have 2 billion people, nearly 22% of the world population. By that time, due to it's vast resources, Africa will have around 17% of the World Economy.

I think by 2100, Africa will have 3 billion people, nearly 30% of the world population. By that time, due to it's vast resources, Africa will have around 25% of the World Economy.

Level 6

Location hidden

#126 Jan 10, 2013
Funny thread.
Because all the previous attempt to modernize and achieve progress were brutally sanctioned or frustrated by the colonial powers. You should read Basil Davidson or anything about African history if you really want to criticize our people properly, troll.
Healthy Thread

Washington, DC

#127 Jan 10, 2013
So is this the beginning of a united Africa?

Level 6

Location hidden

#128 Jan 10, 2013
http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/201...
african continent have an impressive growth when other continents suffer recession

“Africa”

Level 7

Oakland

#129 Jan 10, 2013
spook nukem wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that begs the question, Why after all the eons of existence are they still behind all other civilizations in terms of health, wealth, and advancement?
Because Africa has been systematically underdeveloped by Colonial and Neocolonial powers.
spook nukem wrote:
If they are advanced, how did they allow colonization and foreign rule?(Use your head now)
You again, are using improper terms. You ask why did (past tense) they "allow" colonialism if they are (present tense) advanced, which doesn't make any sense.

Go learn some grammar, then come back and get spanked by knowledge.
Banerjee and Lullgugga

UK

#130 Jan 10, 2013
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Africa has been systematically underdeveloped by Colonial and Neocolonial powers.
<quoted text>
You again, are using improper terms. You ask why did (past tense) they "allow" colonialism if they are (present tense) advanced, which doesn't make any sense.
no, why were they also stone-age BEFORE the Europeans even discovered them? Black Africa never discovered the wheel, writing, proper irrigation and farming , nothing that took other races out of the Stone Age.

“Africa”

Level 7

Oakland

#131 Jan 10, 2013
Banerjee and Lullgugga wrote:
<quoted text>no, why were they also stone-age BEFORE the Europeans even discovered them? Black Africa never discovered the wheel, writing, proper irrigation and farming , nothing that took other races out of the Stone Age.
You're not too coherent on African history, I can see.

Africa had agriculture and writing before any western civilization did. The wheel was only introduced to the Northeast via the the Sinai Peninsula. That is why Egyptians, Sudanese, and Black Libyans had the wheel, and West Africans didn't.

West Africans discovered iron working before anyone in Europe did.

Now go learn some stuff.
spook nukem

Houston, TX

#132 Jan 10, 2013
Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I see that you have trouble comprehending common language and reading beyond some grammatical error. Oh, wait, it's just an immature excuse since you don't have a coherent response. I see.

And you missed your comma at the beginning of your first sentence. But I doubt that you will catch (comprehend) where it should be.(choose your own tense here)

I should add that you won't be able to correspond with most posters on here. The grammar on this forum is nowhere near acceptable even on a fourth grade level. You may want to go to other forums where grammar is 100% correct and you could be more able to understand the comments.

“Africa”

Level 7

Oakland

#133 Jan 10, 2013
spook nukem wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you have trouble comprehending common language and reading beyond some grammatical error. Oh, wait, it's just an immature excuse since you don't have a coherent response. I see.
And you missed your comma at the beginning of your first sentence. But I doubt that you will catch (comprehend) where it should be.(choose your own tense here)
I should add that you won't be able to correspond with most posters on here. The grammar on this forum is nowhere near acceptable even on a fourth grade level. You may want to go to other forums where grammar is 100% correct and you could be more able to understand the comments.
I don't really care, and tend to overlook it, if you misspell a word or forget a comma or whatever. I don't engage in pedantry, or at least I tend not to. I tend to type how I like to think I would respond in normal, audible conversation.

But in your last case, meaning in the case of your mixing up of present and past tenses, it wasn't a simple misspelling, it was a completely and logically incoherent question, which required a redressing from you in order for me to address it accurately, something you failed to do in your vacuous rant about grammar, by the way.

And no, I didn't forget any commas, I simply left out a noun phrase and linking verb to "because" for feeling it would have been redundant, since we both know what statement I was responding to.

As far as my actual answer to your question, it was given in the first sentence to which you gave no counter answer, which tells me that you concede what answer I gave in my first response, so no further answering from me is necessary on that issue.

Good day to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 min Moses 43,673
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min Rabbi Shekelberg 133,424
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! (May '15) 8 min Anonymous 1,323
the white race will always be the master race! 12 min rebel soldier 1
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 12 min dreamhunk 3,638
News College student launches new line of dolls for ... 38 min Redefined 3
White Men Are Weak! 52 min Hittite 7
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr The Shadow Broker 1,375,345
Why all black women must breed with white men! 1 hr Absimil 49
More from around the web