Why do people say that light skinned ...
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#657 Feb 27, 2014
Analyze_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You generalize too much ! My son is light and my hubby and I are brown skinned.
You are one of those odds females... not proud of your black heritage. Secretly wanting to be lack one of the promiscuous light skin women.

I feel sorry for you... it must be weird having a child that doesn't resemble you or YOUR HUSBAND. iT'S LIKE YOU ADOPTED A KID.
Race is trivial

Mountain View, CA

#658 Feb 27, 2014
Were all black I guess so nothing matters. We are too distinct to make classifications you can't say this is how a black person looks because we differentiate hugely from person to person.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#659 Mar 3, 2014
Race is trivial wrote:
Were all black I guess so nothing matters. We are too distinct to make classifications you can't say this is how a black person looks because we differentiate hugely from person to person.
Does anyone know why the white gay community has such a strong interest in this topic? They are constantly monitoring black American culture and issue...why? We don't need them setting the agenda for us. They should mind their own business and we will not judge their activity.

The comments above about "race is trivial".... clearly left by someone white and gay. They have not lived black in America.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#661 Mar 9, 2014
Keep it black... I mean real black love. I treasury seeing men with strong African ancestry features and that man needs a good wife by his side. That being a true black woman not a wanna-be imitator.

http://photos.essence.com/galleries/most-roma...

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#662 Mar 27, 2014
How in the hell are you trying to tell me about my family?! My husband is just as dark as that guy in that pic you posted. You see me in my avatar. Our son came out yellow due to genetics! Self hating? I love being BLACK. you pro black wannabes are pathetic!

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#664 Mar 27, 2014
Several pure Africans are brown. Mandela was an example.

“ News”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#665 Mar 30, 2014
All Africans and African-Americans are either very light-brown, light brown, brown, dark-brown, or very dark-brown. I never met any body black. I may raise controversy in the community for saying this, but identifying with the term black puts light-skinned brothers and sisters at a slight identity disadvantage. Actually, identifying us as black really divides us, because the darker brown your skin is, the more you mentally separate your self from light-skinned folks, and the more you relate to the term black...which is really unfair to light-skinned folks if you look at it.

It gets to the point that you have to admit someone looking like Ice-T can't be really the color black. If it weren't for his background he would have never even gotten respect as a tough black brother. I think we need a name change as a race. It's a disadvantage for us as African-Americans to identify with one particular color period, unless you're a part of that color who's already in control, who are the white people. Most foreigners who are even darker than us will put white on their application because of this alone. You won't see no Asian man saying he is a yellow man. He won't even say that in his own country because there's no advantage in that. Speaking of yellow, I know some very light-brown brothers and sisters who they call high-yellow, usually as an insult, especially the brothers. They may even call you cheese like Mr. Brown did on Tyler Perry's show, "The Browns".

We as African-Americans are the only ones who are at war with one another over skin tone, and it needs to stop. No other race does that. We need to use the diversity in our skin tone as an advantage...and this can't be done by identifying with one particular color, especially when we have no power. Perhaps this is keeping us power less.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#666 Apr 1, 2014
KPITRL wrote:
All Africans and African-Americans are either very light-brown, light brown, brown, dark-brown, or very dark-brown. I never met any body black. I may raise controversy in the community for saying this, but identifying with the term black puts light-skinned brothers and sisters at a slight identity disadvantage. Actually, identifying us as black really divides us, because the darker brown your skin is, the more you mentally separate your self from light-skinned folks, and the more you relate to the term black...which is really unfair to light-skinned folks if you look at it.
It gets to the point that you have to admit someone looking like Ice-T can't be really the color black. If it weren't for his background he would have never even gotten respect as a tough black brother. I think we need a name change as a race. It's a disadvantage for us as African-Americans to identify with one particular color period, unless you're a part of that color who's already in control, who are the white people. Most foreigners who are even darker than us will put white on their application because of this alone. You won't see no Asian man saying he is a yellow man. He won't even say that in his own country because there's no advantage in that. Speaking of yellow, I know some very light-brown brothers and sisters who they call high-yellow, usually as an insult, especially the brothers. They may even call you cheese like Mr. Brown did on Tyler Perry's show, "The Browns".
We as African-Americans are the only ones who are at war with one another over skin tone, and it needs to stop. No other race does that. We need to use the diversity in our skin tone as an advantage...and this can't be done by identifying with one particular color, especially when we have no power. Perhaps this is keeping us power less.
I notice there are two types of light skin black guys... the ones who grew up without proper home training and no group to call their own (low class light skin black men). They tend to be pathetic... constantly trying to preach to us (African Americans) as if they know something we don't know. When really they are the biggest fools... we know... we are far more clever than your culturally homeless ASS! We let you hang around and constantly preach that kumbaya crap and refer to us as brotha and sista... laugh at you when you turn your back. We don't need your preaching... you are the one who needs to wake up! Sorry folks - I hate to let the cat out the bag on this fool... but couldn't resist. He is a prehistoric nanderthal talking this bs.

I do like the light skin black men who understand they are separate ethnicity of black ancestry. They do not try to date me because I'm solely for African American men (dark skin full African ancestry features) men. However, they make excellent friends and colleagues. Also, their ethnicity 100% supports the African American struggle as an ally. These are confident, properly raised light skin black men. They accept their black parent heritage and their white or mixed race parent's heritage. They have their mixed social group. Only, a good interracial parent partnership or marriage can raise a bi-racial child properly to accept their heritage.

Please do not try to preach to us African Americans anymore. You need all the help you can get ... you are not as smart as you think. We just laugh at you redbone or whatever you enjoy being called. Don't get me started on the light skin promiscuous women.... your group is in bad shape!! Don't worry about us,,, worry about yourself.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#667 Apr 1, 2014
Analyze_ wrote:
How in the hell are you trying to tell me about my family?! My husband is just as dark as that guy in that pic you posted. You see me in my avatar. Our son came out yellow due to genetics! Self hating? I love being BLACK. you pro black wannabes are pathetic!
We always have one ashamed of being who nature made you to be. I don't understand why you are against having a child that looks like you and your husband. Isn't pleasurable to see yourself or husband in the child?? You don't have that.

The real mystery is how this happen?? You are the self hater. This is our time no need to worship Hispanics or mixed blacks. Women like you harm all the work put in place.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#668 Apr 1, 2014
PUREnotARTIFICIA L wrote:
<quoted text>
We always have one ashamed of being who nature made you to be. I don't understand why you are against having a child that looks like you and your husband. Isn't pleasurable to see yourself or husband in the child?? You don't have that.
The real mystery is how this happen?? You are the self hater. This is our time no need to worship Hispanics or mixed blacks. Women like you harm all the work put in place.
if i identify as a darkskinned black woman but am mixed/light what does that make me? I see myself as darkskinned.
BMTxBMTx

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#669 Apr 1, 2014
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
if i identify as a darkskinned black woman but am mixed/light what does that make me? I see myself as darkskinned.
"Reply ยป|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#11 hr ago

I'm having the most profound identity realization ever! I'm finding out that as an American I'm mentally white and physically black. I just had a conversation with Africans the other day and I realized that I started to think like a white person towards them. They were strange to me and even though I know better than to stereotype, I couldn't help but look at them as some sort of exotic anomaly that I am apart from and simultaneously belong to. It was a trip. I'm mulattoized in my head and it's awful!"

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#670 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
I notice there are two types of light skin black guys... the ones who grew up without proper home training and no group to call their own (low class light skin black men). They tend to be pathetic... constantly trying to preach to us (African Americans) as if they know something we don't know. When really they are the biggest fools... we know... we are far more clever than your culturally homeless ASS! We let you hang around and constantly preach that kumbaya crap and refer to us as brotha and sista... laugh at you when you turn your back. We don't need your preaching... you are the one who needs to wake up! Sorry folks - I hate to let the cat out the bag on this fool... but couldn't resist. He is a prehistoric nanderthal talking this bs.
I do like the light skin black men who understand they are separate ethnicity of black ancestry. They do not try to date me because I'm solely for African American men (dark skin full African ancestry features) men. However, they make excellent friends and colleagues. Also, their ethnicity 100% supports the African American struggle as an ally. These are confident, properly raised light skin black men. They accept their black parent heritage and their white or mixed race parent's heritage. They have their mixed social group. Only, a good interracial parent partnership or marriage can raise a bi-racial child properly to accept their heritage.
Please do not try to preach to us African Americans anymore. You need all the help you can get ... you are not as smart as you think. We just laugh at you redbone or whatever you enjoy being called. Don't get me started on the light skin promiscuous women.... your group is in bad shape!! Don't worry about us,,, worry about yourself.
Your time is up, devil.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#673 Apr 3, 2014
There is no such thing as a "light skinned Black". Either you're pure blooded,or,racially mixed. This also applies to other races too. It is estimated that approximately 25% 0f whites living in the US, have traceable Black ancestors. Of course there's denial of this fact.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#674 Apr 5, 2014
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your time is up, devil.
African Americans are on the rise. I guess you live in such a dense fog... you can't see it. We even have one of your type running the country making us look better. Light skin black women are terrible and have harmed the African American community significantly. As black women we can't be too angry because we greeted this women with welcome arms and didn't not force them to always were the guess pass of (bi-racial) when attending our events and living in our community. We gave these women full access to everything, because we are fair and loving people. These women betrayed us and destroyed our culture. Our men believe there is no wife material in the African American community... it's not true. They were consumed and abused by the vampires... fast and easy girls that destroyed our dating ritual (light skin black women ruined it!).

I just want to tell you that you our very lame... you sound like a light skin black women. Call yourself a man! I'm guessing you are alternative lifestyle. No wonder light skin women don't want you.

You are a lame exception to the rule. As I said earlier most light skin guys know they are another ethnicity of black and embrace their own community and work as an ally with African americans... I can respect that behavior. The loser light skin men act like bi-racial / light skin black women and bring chaos to our community with their lower intelligence and promiscuous behavior.

Again, you are a weak man.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#675 Apr 5, 2014
Jawga Boy wrote:
There is no such thing as a "light skinned Black". Either you're pure blooded,or,racially mixed. This also applies to other races too. It is estimated that approximately 25% 0f whites living in the US, have traceable Black ancestors. Of course there's denial of this fact.
The darker the berry the deeper the roots. Tupac quoted that in a song once. I fell in love with him from that point going forward.

Black love Jawga boy....

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#676 Apr 5, 2014
<quoted text>
African Americans are on the rise. I guess you live in such a dense fog... you can't see it. We even have one of your type running the country making us look better. Light skin black women are terrible and have harmed the African American community significantly. As black women we can't be too angry because we greeted this women with welcome arms and didn't not force them to always were the guess pass of (bi-racial) when attending our events and living in our community. We gave these women full access to everything, because we are fair and loving people. These women betrayed us and destroyed our culture. Our men believe there is no wife material in the African American community... it's not true. They were consumed and abused by the vampires... fast and easy girls that destroyed our dating ritual (light skin black women ruined it!).
I just want to tell you that you our very lame... you sound like a light skin black women. Call yourself a man! I'm guessing you are alternative lifestyle. No wonder light skin women don't want you.
You are a lame exception to the rule. As I said earlier most light skin guys know they are another ethnicity of black and embrace their own community and work as an ally with African americans... I can respect that behavior. The loser light skin men act like bi-racial / light skin black women and bring chaos to our community with their lower intelligence and promiscuous behavior.
Again, you are a weak man.
You were no good from the beginning.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#678 Apr 5, 2014
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
You were no good from the beginning.
Please go away and date a bi-racial / light skin black girl. You are lame! Light skin women will do it with any guy or anything with a penis. Your best shot is flirting with them.

Remember... the blacker the berry the deeper the roots. My people are on the uprise. What about you all,,, any pride in yourself? Scary out there... tough not have real African americans to carry your sorry tail.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#679 Apr 5, 2014
QueenofTheNile wrote:
If your light skinned then you are not pure black.The same goes for African Americans who are Caramel, and Chocolate brown.You have to understand that during slavery all of our ancestors were raped so we could breed different skin tones of African Americans.Go and google up the Willie Lynch letter, that'll explain what Im trying to say.
Correction! All Black women that bore mixed babies,were NOT raped. That's a lie that ignorant Negroes love to LIE ABOUT.The "Willie Lynch Letter", is an internet HOAX! I first read about it back in 1994! Please do some research before sputtering out so-called facts!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

http://manuampim.com/lynch_hoax1.html

http://www.afro-netizen.com/2003/09/willie_ly...

Some of you young people are so anxious to blame whites for everything, but never research the facts.

“ News”

Level 6

Location hidden

#680 Apr 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Please go away and date a bi-racial / light skin black girl. You are lame! Light skin women will do it with any guy or anything with a penis. Your best shot is flirting with them.
Remember... the blacker the berry the deeper the roots. My people are on the uprise. What about you all,,, any pride in yourself? Scary out there... tough not have real African americans to carry your sorry tail.
Like I said, you were no good and a liar from the beginning. It shows every time you post.
Genevieve11

Los Angeles, CA

#681 Apr 6, 2014
<quoted text>
cosign!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Esteban The DEBIL... 1,656,980
The left abandoning Russia and turning to Trump... 6 min Fucisil 7
roy moore will lose tonight!!!! 9 min Fucisil 8
IF The NFL Still Exists, Will You Watch The Sup... 13 min Fucisil 9
How to Avoid @n*l [email protected] in Hollywood 22 min White 3
Roy Moore lost... to a white guy 24 min White 1
Is Trump Starting To Turn The Mutha Out? 26 min Cant Escape DESTINY 3
Leftoids Are Mentally Ill 29 min Cant Escape DESTINY 36
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 1 hr Bill T 102
Why don't black people just brag about Nubia? 2 hr Harrisson 205
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 7 hr Henry 1,613
More from around the web