Why do people say that light skinned ...

Level 2

Since: Jul 07

Phoenixville, PA

#444 Sep 6, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> girl that video is the truth ! My parents raised me as being black and taught me that black is black and that we came in all colors it wasn't until I got my first major job that I realized the issues that dark skin women had and how much they hated themselves I actually feel sorry for them!!
And "Purenotartifical" fits the mold entirely.

“ News”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#445 Sep 6, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
Light skin men may get hated on a Lil but light skin women suffer from attacks the most and experience pure jealousy! Sometimes you may even encounter another light skin female and she's competing with you too
You'd be surprised at the hate many light skinned men receive from all groups. You're not dark enough to be black, you're not light enough to be white, and you're not mixed enough to be foreign. It sometimes feel like you have a little bit of something everybody wish they had, especially when you take care of yourself, and you look like you're successful. Since we are still black, everybody still oppresses us just because they can get away with it, plus you have to deal with the envy.

A lot of people aren't going to agree with me here, but police brutality is something that's practiced on many light skinned black men, and I have to add latinos to this list. I'm not saying dark skinned brothers don't face police brutality, but in most cases, they may face it out of fear from the police, or during a high-speed care chase, or wielding a knife, etc..., and this can often lead to death by using excessive force, as we know. I actually knew one dark skinned brother personally who wounded up hanging on a shoe string because he had a white girl friend with him. So I guess having a white girl should have been first on my list. But you better believe it didn't make a difference if he was light skinned or dark skinned in that case. I grew up across the street from that police station. So I would know. It was the very same police station that two white cops were gunned down by a 15 year-old light skinned kid, who they were severely beating...as usual. This made the Jet Magazine, and stayed in the media for a while, because it was the first time somebody struck back at the cops.

What I'm saying is, for the light skinned brothers, it don't take much to provoke a beat down by these white cops. I can't speak for latinos, but I assume this is the case for them too, based on what I feel, and based on what I've seen on the news. But my opinion of the brutality the light skinned brothers face is based on what I've seen and heard from the brutality victims myself. I mean these brothers be coming out unrecognizable, and most of the time, the beaten was started over nothing. And if nobodies watching, or if they get you down to headquarters, you'll be lucky to get out of there alive if you make one of them angry, which doesn't take much. And if you have straight or curly hair, the beating will be that much worst.
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#446 Sep 14, 2013
PUREnotARTIFICIAL wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one who is an idiot and has the mind of a child is you, btch! Like your fellow light skin female peers, as a whole, you women lack vision and forward thinking. Look at the whole that you women have dug for yourself and still do not fully see the extent of it. So who's dumb?
You women have burned great opportunities and kindness from others. You ladies could have had the prize jewel of black men. Our dark skin brothas would do anything for you but you betrayed them. You alienated all black women from Hispanic men, bi-racial / light skin black men. Now your trying to make a home with white men. We just want you ladies to stay on the white side while we fix the mess you made.
All the homes ruined and children born without adequate resources and love. We will not allow you ladies back to homes when we fix this mess and restore the faith of our brothas.
You ladies (bi-racial / light skin black women) are the modern day gypsies. Just wondering around looking for acceptance with ridiculous illusions of grandeur about yourself.
Bye btches... be on your way.
Purenotartificial,
I think your comments are courageous and I commend you for addressing this issue. I know it's very moving for many to read your comments.

Some times people don't like to hear the truth but this issue is long overdue. African American women have been getting a bad rap for the behavior of a few women. Mulatto women should stand on their own merit and stop degrading our good name. I see them in the videos and the comments in the hip hop music does not reflect the typical African American woman. If light skin black women want to behave in this manner they should distinguish themselves from African American women.

The stereotypes have harmed our image and resulted in less black families in the USA. We have a real problem going on now because of some women acting a fool. I tell the young girls in my extended family that the women mentioned in the hip hop music and videos are not ones to emulate. Those women are not African American women.
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#447 Sep 14, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> girl that video is the truth ! My parents raised me as being black and taught me that black is black and that we came in all colors it wasn't until I got my first major job that I realized the issues that dark skin women had and how much they hated themselves I actually feel sorry for them!!
You are very insecure and disturbed. How can you say a group of women HATE THEMSELVES? Your comments are very irresponsible. Especially from a woman who wants to be accepted by dark skin African American women. You are so accustomed to preferential treatment and not earning your worth that you no longer live in reality. FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF! I personally feel disgusted when I see light skin women shaking their butt on the tv screen of a little wayne video.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#448 Sep 14, 2013
Carolina Beauty wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very insecure and disturbed. How can you say a group of women HATE THEMSELVES? Your comments are very irresponsible. Especially from a woman who wants to be accepted by dark skin African American women. You are so accustomed to preferential treatment and not earning your worth that you no longer live in reality. FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF! I personally feel disgusted when I see light skin women shaking their butt on the tv screen of a little wayne video.
lol lady are you light skin? I highly doubt it I Speak from experience My experience is that MOST dark skin black women are extremely insecure and take out their issues on light skin black women and that is a FACT I have never met one light skin black woman who didn't have a story of being treated badly by a dark skin woman. If you are not light skin I don't expect you to understand you NEVER will!! Why do I need acceptance from dark skin women? Who cares we all black just the same!!! I don't feel disgusted when I see anyone shaking their azz that's them not me and I could careless!!! I don't have self esteem issues at all sorry just because I call people out for their bogus behavior does not mean that I have issues

Level 2

Dover, DE

#449 Sep 14, 2013
Carolina Beauty wrote:
<quoted text>
Purenotartificial,
I think your comments are courageous and I commend you for addressing this issue. I know it's very moving for many to read your comments.
Some times people don't like to hear the truth but this issue is long overdue. African American women have been getting a bad rap for the behavior of a few women. Mulatto women should stand on their own merit and stop degrading our good name. I see them in the videos and the comments in the hip hop music does not reflect the typical African American woman. If light skin black women want to behave in this manner they should distinguish themselves from African American women.
The stereotypes have harmed our image and resulted in less black families in the USA. We have a real problem going on now because of some women acting a fool. I tell the young girls in my extended family that the women mentioned in the hip hop music and videos are not ones to emulate. Those women are not African American women.
You know what your problem is, you're comparing all light skinned women to the hump & grind lowlife you watch on tv. Your solution is simple......stop watching that trash. When's the last time you saw women of any complexion acting like they do? You're confusing fantasy with reality. I am not biracial & I have enough sense not to stereotype, too bad you don't.

Level 2

Dover, DE

#450 Sep 14, 2013
Carolina Beauty wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she can say dark skinned women hate themselves cause it's more than evident. Every single damn day I see dark skinned women wearing a long ridiculous length weave hair of a Indian woman, now if she had pride in herself no way would she wear that bs on her head. Then they're wearing blonde & red hair weaves, blue eye contact lenses, & pink lipstick which looks horrid on dark skin, but to top it all off you can bet you'll find a jar of skin bleaching cream in every household. Their hatred of light skinned women seals the deal, there's no way for them to stop envying us, ya jealous cause under that weave your hair is short, nappy, & a snap long that's why brotha's call yall "Snap Dragons", LMAO!!

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#451 Sep 14, 2013
Oh NO ........lol!!
asho

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#452 Sep 14, 2013
AmberGoldDust wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she can say dark skinned women hate themselves cause it's more than evident. Every single damn day I see dark skinned women wearing a long ridiculous length weave hair of a Indian woman, now if she had pride in herself no way would she wear that bs on her head. Then they're wearing blonde & red hair weaves, blue eye contact lenses, & pink lipstick which looks horrid on dark skin, but to top it all off you can bet you'll find a jar of skin bleaching cream in every household. Their hatred of light skinned women seals the deal, there's no way for them to stop envying us, ya jealous cause under that weave your hair is short, nappy, & a snap long that's why brotha's call yall "Snap Dragons", LMAO!!
At the end of the day you light skinned black are a liability to the black community and have tributed to its destruction. The black family is broken, partly, because black men chase you asses all day.

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#453 Sep 15, 2013
asho wrote:
<quoted text>
At the end of the day you light skinned black are a liability to the black community and have tributed to its destruction. The black family is broken, partly, because black men chase you asses all day.
you sound very stupid we are still black you know good an well that a person can be high yellow and have two black parents! The black community is not destroyed some comminuties are messed up but not destroyed! Not to mention how is it our fault that black men chase us? Black men chase all women! Would you prefer that they chase white women or still chase after someone black???

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#458 Sep 15, 2013
BL-P wrote:
<quoted text>
You are black because of some European says that you are, because they don't want anything to do with children that they procreate with black women.
Therefore, they created their one drop rule to throw in their trash and have them called black. You have no where to how, no form of identity and since whitey has rejected his own offspring, then you have no choice. Perhaps, you need to find your white daddy and ask him, why did he throw you away.
You're very consistent with talking foolishness.
You will never be black.
LOL! You enjoy stalking me don't you? I'm not bi racial and even if I was they are still black in my country. Who are you the black police?? My dad is not white and neither is my mom! I think you just respond to my post because you want my attention and you enjoy me cussing you out! I'm black all day long proud to be black and live my life as a black woman. To bad that annoys you but guess what you are not American so really your opinion doesn't count AT ALL FOOL! Run along now and go find you one of those fat 45 year old wrinkled up white women that adore black ghouls like you!!! Adios
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#461 Sep 15, 2013
Mocha wrote:
First of all, I want to introduce myself...I didn't in that last thread and didn't want to be rude! I go by Mocha, Im a newbie and in college currently.:)
What??? I really dont know. I'm guessing that came from slavery.Cause alot of white men were raping our women...but I know there are some light skinned africans. But most people from other countries assume that black americans are light skinned-from our world wide media. I really can't stand that either, I get sick of people asking me where I am from. I do get offended by that to. I'm like "New York"...(thats all you need to know...lol)
Obviously, you haven't heard of the NYPD. I'm saying that some folks in New York operate as if there is a BIG difference between whites and Blacks.
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#462 Sep 15, 2013
Carolina Beauty wrote:
<quoted text>
Carolina Beauty:
Thank you! I'm glad you found my postings helpful. I want to emphasize that you should ignore light skin 1 and 2. We don't need them. They need us.

Reason why we don't need light skin women labeled as African american:
1. Many appear to have behavior and psychological problems. If first generation bi-racial women and light skin girls (consummated from the union of a low self esteem dark skin dad and light bi-racial mom) stand on their own merit as a group (mullato women) they would get NO RESPECT! They no this. There promiscuous behavior would become more obvious.

2. They are weak. They need us in order to have the courage to stand up to others.

3. They want access to our men. They need a reason to participate in functions and activities where dark skin men convene.

4. They want access to your home and your man.

5. Image - they want to look popular and all together by associating with secure and strong African American women.

6. Friendship - they want to enjoy the support and bond that black women provide each other. Yet, friendships with them are one sided.

7. Light skin black women harm the image of true black women and people fail to see the fine qualities of true African American women. Our own men and society only see their attention hungry behavior and assign this nasty behavior to the category African American women.

Light skin women get to act a fool and shake their butts on tv under the title of African American woman. Then during dating men distinguish these women from other black women. She is no longer just a black women, but a light skin or bi-racial woman. This makes her different from the negative images of black women. However, everyone has forgotten this light skin women created (heavily contributed) the bad images of African American women.

Light skin and bi-racial black women should be addressed a mullato or something besides African American so they can be accountable for their behavior, build their own image, and stop stealing from African American women.

The only billionaire woman in the world is an African American woman. Not bi-racial or light skin. Also, she carries herself well and is very respected.

Venus and Serena our strong and talented. They are not bi-racial or light skin. They carry themselves well. Bi-racial and light skin women need to stop stealing our greatness and tarnishing our reputation in return. Brown and dark skin women our the losers in this relationship with mullato women.

Level 2

Phoenixville, PA

#463 Sep 15, 2013
asho wrote:
<quoted text>
Betcha they don't chase yours ya jet black nasty looking thing.

Level 2

Phoenixville, PA

#464 Sep 15, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> you sound very stupid we are still black you know good an well that a person can be high yellow and have two black parents! The black community is not destroyed some comminuties are messed up but not destroyed! Not to mention how is it our fault that black men chase us? Black men chase all women! Would you prefer that they chase white women or still chase after someone black???
Don't even bother to reason with these ugly skanks, they're entrenched in jealousy so no matter what you say they won't listen.

Level 2

Phoenixville, PA

#465 Sep 15, 2013
PUREnotARTIFICIAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Carolina Beauty:
Thank you! I'm glad you found my postings helpful. I want to emphasize that you should ignore light skin 1 and 2. We don't need them. They need us.
Reason why we don't need light skin women labeled as African american:
1. Many appear to have behavior and psychological problems. If first generation bi-racial women and light skin girls (consummated from the union of a low self esteem dark skin dad and light bi-racial mom) stand on their own merit as a group (mullato women) they would get NO RESPECT! They no this. There promiscuous behavior would become more obvious.
2. They are weak. They need us in order to have the courage to stand up to others.
3. They want access to our men. They need a reason to participate in functions and activities where dark skin men convene.
4. They want access to your home and your man.
5. Image - they want to look popular and all together by associating with secure and strong African American women.
6. Friendship - they want to enjoy the support and bond that black women provide each other. Yet, friendships with them are one sided.
7. Light skin black women harm the image of true black women and people fail to see the fine qualities of true African American women. Our own men and society only see their attention hungry behavior and assign this nasty behavior to the category African American women.
Light skin women get to act a fool and shake their butts on tv under the title of African American woman. Then during dating men distinguish these women from other black women. She is no longer just a black women, but a light skin or bi-racial woman. This makes her different from the negative images of black women. However, everyone has forgotten this light skin women created (heavily contributed) the bad images of African American women.
Light skin and bi-racial black women should be addressed a mullato or something besides African American so they can be accountable for their behavior, build their own image, and stop stealing from African American women.
The only billionaire woman in the world is an African American woman. Not bi-racial or light skin. Also, she carries herself well and is very respected.
Venus and Serena our strong and talented. They are not bi-racial or light skin. They carry themselves well. Bi-racial and light skin women need to stop stealing our greatness and tarnishing our reputation in return. Brown and dark skin women our the losers in this relationship with mullato women.
All of your anger & ridiculous assumptions are based on nothing but jealousy. You are jealous that brown & dark skinned men find us attractive & feminine looking while they find you to be a abomination. All of your hatred is directed to light skinned women but tell me why not light skinned men? Yet I know why, cause men aren't your rival it's just the women. Well it's not our fault you were born jet black with no hair & the same black men you worship refer to yall as "Snap Dragons" since your hair is just a snap long, & it's not our fault most of you look rough, hard, & masculine. Why don't you harass black men huh, they are the one's who make mockery of you, & no one puts light skinned women on a pedestal more than dark skinned women, we're all you think & talk about. No one asked to be born & no one had a choice what they'd look like. You can hate on us all day & night yet we'll still be able to get men/husbands while you grow old, fat, ugly, & become the dreaded Spinster! Most dark skinned women are lowlife babymama's, men use them as "fuck-buddies", get'um pregnant then dump them, then they marry us. Most dark skinned women are known to be evil, treacherous, liars, sluts, thugs, & worthless that's why black men stay clear of them & of course we all know they're known to be ugly & that's a fact. Yet you are a queen, wear your crown......Queen Kong! LMBAO!!

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#466 Sep 15, 2013
AmberGoldDust wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even bother to reason with these ugly skanks, they're entrenched in jealousy so no matter what you say they won't listen.
you are so right! I actually feel sorry for them it must really suck to be in their shoes! So insecure they have to take out their issues on us instead of the black men who reject them! Do you remember an Old school rapper called SILK the Shocker?? He was part of no limit records he made a song "oooooh it ain't my fault" and that's how I feel about their azzes!! Thank God for my sun kissed tan

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#467 Sep 15, 2013
AmberGoldDust wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your anger & ridiculous assumptions are based on nothing but jealousy. You are jealous that brown & dark skinned men find us attractive & feminine looking while they find you to be a abomination. All of your hatred is directed to light skinned women but tell me why not light skinned men? Yet I know why, cause men aren't your rival it's just the women. Well it's not our fault you were born jet black with no hair & the same black men you worship refer to yall as "Snap Dragons" since your hair is just a snap long, & it's not our fault most of you look rough, hard, & masculine. Why don't you harass black men huh, they are the one's who make mockery of you, & no one puts light skinned women on a pedestal more than dark skinned women, we're all you think & talk about. No one asked to be born & no one had a choice what they'd look like. You can hate on us all day & night yet we'll still be able to get men/husbands while you grow old, fat, ugly, & become the dreaded Spinster! Most dark skinned women are lowlife babymama's, men use them as "fuck-buddies", get'um pregnant then dump them, then they marry us. Most dark skinned women are known to be evil, treacherous, liars, sluts, thugs, & worthless that's why black men stay clear of them & of course we all know they're known to be ugly & that's a fact. Yet you are a queen, wear your crown......Queen Kong! LMBAO!!
ROTFLMBAO OH SHI!!! Girl you had me Rollin at work! Funny I was just telling a dark skin good looking co worker the hell I've been thru with dark skin black women I was trying to sugarcoat my story and he told me " you don't have to explain RED I already know look at your hair and skin tone" that alone makes b$@@& mad!! I'm like wow he understands
PUREnotARTIFICIA L

Decatur, IL

#468 Sep 15, 2013
AmberGoldDust wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of you addressing me with foolishness. We both know you and all other light skin black women would not have the courage to talk this way in person.

In high school one light skin girl tried to act uppity and got her ass beat down. It was at a track meet and she had the nerve to bump the wrong black woman. By the time it was over, that so called pretty hair was all over the field. I bet she acts appropriate now.

I am willing to bet a large sum of money that the sistas use to bully you in school and you probably got beat up once. You seem to have a smart mouth and that can get you in trouble. You resent darker women because you always had to bow down to them and we both know darker women are far more regal than your promiscuous, home wrecking ass.

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#469 Sep 15, 2013
PUREnotARTIFICIAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of you addressing me with foolishness. We both know you and all other light skin black women would not have the courage to talk this way in person.
In high school one light skin girl tried to act uppity and got her ass beat down. It was at a track meet and she had the nerve to bump the wrong black woman. By the time it was over, that so called pretty hair was all over the field. I bet she acts appropriate now.
I am willing to bet a large sum of money that the sistas use to bully you in school and you probably got beat up once. You seem to have a smart mouth and that can get you in trouble. You resent darker women because you always had to bow down to them and we both know darker women are far more regal than your promiscuous, home wrecking ass.
look at this ghetto delusional chick lmao!!! Since when does skin color determine how hard you are? Oh that's right since light skin black women get treated better we have no reason to be ANGRY BLACK WOMEN like you chicks! Look at you talking about fighting someone B$&@@ you must look like PRECIOUS if you that unhappy go bleach yourself dam smh at these THOTS with issues !! Did you really call us promiscuous really? That's you boo since you can't keep a steady man you got yo legs spread all over the place looking for attention! Try red weave that will get you some attention LMBAO!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JCPete 1,759,433
News Al Sharpton: Royal Wedding Shows 'Last Breath' ... 4 min TrueTruth 96
We have another Black royal Queen folks!! 11 min TrueTruth 116
News Royal wedding: How Meghan made a point about he... 15 min Ugly monkeys 14
according to fbi - whites lead crime in us more... 27 min TrueTruth 5
Can we take back topix? 30 min BillyDbigballer 342
Nighurs beat up old woman for seven dollars 40 min Jake 13
Megan will NEVER become queen or even a princes... 45 min TrueTruth 45
trump says all hispanics latinos are animals 3 hr KyleMackey 46