Why do people say that light skinned ...

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#319 Apr 25, 2013
Janette wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you asked me, which do most white guys prefer,mixed race looking black women,or ethnically black looking (dark skinned)black women,I would say that from what I see around me every day,I think most white men are with darker skinned black women,in part,due to either availability of dark and light skinned black women,or from plain old preference.
As I said above, I think they do so for both because it is their preference,and also because most black women are dark skinned anyhow (medium to dark brown is considered dark to most people),so that the white guy has more dark skinned black women around to choose from,than light skinned ones. So that in most white guy,black woman couples,married or dating,the black woman is usually dark skinned.
well where I live black women come in all complexions there are just as many light skin black women as medium to dark complexion. Here even bi racials are considered black. Black is black whether half a quarter or whateva its doesn't matter. The only distinctions we make are about skin color but if you have a black parent you are considered black as well.
Janette

Jamaica, NY

#320 Apr 25, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> well where I live black women come in all complexions there are just as many light skin black women as medium to dark complexion. Here even bi racials are considered black. Black is black whether half a quarter or whateva its doesn't matter. The only distinctions we make are about skin color but if you have a black parent you are considered black as well.
I don't know why you respond to my post,by telling me that one is black,if they have a black parent,or have any percentage of black in them,when I didn't make any remarks about whether a light skinned or dark skinned black woman is black or not. But rather I only said that I notice white men mostly with black dark skinned girlfriends,and wives,than with light skinned black women.
But since you brought up the topic,I'll say that I have
little regard for considering someone black unless they are predominantly of black decent. I know here in U.S if one's mix is black and white,then they go by the black side and call that person black,not for any other mix,except black mixed with white.
To me this thinking is passed down from the"one drop rule"-
that was set up for purpose of knowing who had black blood,so that person could be segregated,with misengenation laws and second class citizenship,-not unlike what was done to the Jews in Nazi Germany,when Jews in public had to wear stars sewn on their shoulders, so the Nazi could know who they were. Identify yourself with whatever of your geneology you want,that's your right,but I abhor any practice of the one drop rule period.

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#321 Apr 25, 2013
Janette wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why you respond to my post,by telling me that one is black,if they have a black parent,or have any percentage of black in them,when I didn't make any remarks about whether a light skinned or dark skinned black woman is black or not. But rather I only said that I notice white men mostly with black dark skinned girlfriends,and wives,than with light skinned black women.
But since you brought up the topic,I'll say that I have
little regard for considering someone black unless they are predominantly of black decent. I know here in U.S if one's mix is black and white,then they go by the black side and call that person black,not for any other mix,except black mixed with white.
To me this thinking is passed down from the"one drop rule"-
that was set up for purpose of knowing who had black blood,so that person could be segregated,with misengenation laws and second class citizenship,-not unlike what was done to the Jews in Nazi Germany,when Jews in public had to wear stars sewn on their shoulders, so the Nazi could know who they were. Identify yourself with whatever of your geneology you want,that's your right,but I abhor any practice of the one drop rule period.
I hear you on the " one drop rule" but it really doesn't matter how you or I feel the majority of society still sees and treats bi racials as black although things are changing. If a bi racial in my town try's to claim that " they are not black" they will get laughed at in their face like " whateva you Still Black" I've seen that happen many many times! I was just explaining how things are in my town with my first post. Since you said that there are more brown skin to dark skin black women when in actuality there are just as many light skin black women and I've seen white guys date us in all complexions
Janette

Jamaica, NY

#322 Apr 26, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> I hear you on the " one drop rule" but it really doesn't matter how you or I feel the majority of society still sees and treats bi racials as black although things are changing. If a bi racial in my town try's to claim that " they are not black" they will get laughed at in their face like " whateva you Still Black" I've seen that happen many many times! I was just explaining how things are in my town with my first post. Since you said that there are more brown skin to dark skin black women when in actuality there are just as many light skin black women and I've seen white guys date us in all complexions
I get you0 that you have just as many light skinned, as dark skinned black women in your town. I like yourself was saying what is in my town NYC,Manhattan to be exact.
As for regarding who is black or who isn't,I am troubled by your statement where you say to quote you said-"it really doesn't matter how you or I feel,the majority of society still sees and treat biracials as black". And I am not saying that you are incorrect about the majority of society seeing biracials as black, but I hate to hear you say as you do,"that it doesn't matter how you or I feel". Because darling call be egotistical if you want, but I see it the other way around,which is "that it doesn't matter one hoot to me how society feels, I personally see biracials,not as black,but as biracials.By my thinking, a biracial (black/white) can be considered white,just as much as considered black,so mixed seems to fit best by my thinking.
And if someone goes by the"one drop rule"(cause that is what they are doing),and as you say, "laughs in a biracial's face,when that biracial says that they are biracial,or mixed,and notblack, so what?- It never fazed me any, when someone ignorant, laughed in my face behind something where I knew I was right,but I'd just chalk it off to them being kind of narrow minded.
But I get what you are saying a lot of biracials are intimidated by society's take on their biracial mix.And so knowing that they are considered black,they just go along with it, and outwardly say that they are black,in order to get along. But it is not all that important to some of us to always get along.

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#323 Apr 26, 2013
Some bi racials are proud to be black and hate when people acknowledge their white side they get REAL defensive. Then you have some who hate their black side and struggle to show some people unblack they are. Then you have some like my friend who says " hey I'm not gonna deny my white mother" just because society wants to discount it. " I'm bi racial" she's tells people quick

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#324 Apr 26, 2013
What i want to know why is it a bad thing to be proud that u full blk?hmmm..why mixed people wanna say everyone mixed?..just curious not trying to start anything

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#325 Apr 26, 2013
Mint cookies wrote:
What i want to know why is it a bad thing to be proud that u full blk?hmmm..why mixed people wanna say everyone mixed?..just curious not trying to start anything
I have seen on other threads you doggin and talking crap about bi racials. Here's a tip if you are NOT bi racial or even light skin WHY are you even worried about it?????????? Nobody said there is anything wrong with being fully black! But you can't get mad when a bi racial acknowledges their white side or in my case my father is bi racial not me! I have no issues with being black AT all but I'm not gonna deny my other ancestry to please someone who in my opinion wishes they were light skin or mixed deep down in side

Level 3

Location hidden

#327 Apr 26, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> I have seen on other threads you doggin and talking crap about bi racials. Here's a tip if you are NOT bi racial or even light skin WHY are you even worried about it?????????? Nobody said there is anything wrong with being fully black! But you can't get mad when a bi racial acknowledges their white side or in my case my father is bi racial not me! I have no issues with being black AT all but I'm not gonna deny my other ancestry to please someone who in my opinion wishes they were light skin or mixed deep down in side
Point proven ...like what i said i dnt want DRAMA ..dnt wannabe mixed ..but wishful think all u want..go ahead!!! Wish away..here is a wishbone for u

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#328 Apr 26, 2013
Mint cookies wrote:
<quoted text>Point proven ...like what i said i dnt want DRAMA ..dnt wannabe mixed ..but wishful think all u want..go ahead!!! Wish away..here is a wishbone for u
its not like you have a choice ms full black lol! So deal with it and don't worry about us cause you ain't us

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#329 Apr 26, 2013
Faustus wrote:
None of you guys are african black..
that's true as well and I wouldn't wanna be! The way I was made is just fine! I don't have to be like Fantasia and bleach her skin because she thinks that makes her more attractive

Level 3

Location hidden

#331 Apr 26, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> its not like you have a choice ms full black lol! So deal with it and don't worry about us cause you ain't us
Lol u acting like im the unfortunate one..i dnt give a rats a**.. im proud to be black ok..and no one is worrying about u mixed people..i could care less...lol confused a**ses..go ahead call me nigerian or african n***a or whateves idgaf... saying i dont have a choice lol..some people mistake me as mixed breed...but am i gonna say i am?hell no!! Lol im done...

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#332 Apr 26, 2013
Mint cookies wrote:
<quoted text>Lol u acting like im the unfortunate one..i dnt give a rats a**.. im proud to be black ok..and no one is worrying about u mixed people..i could care less...lol confused a**ses..go ahead call me nigerian or african n***a or whateves idgaf... saying i dont have a choice lol..some people mistake me as mixed breed...but am i gonna say i am?hell no!! Lol im done...
bye bye jealous one!!!!

Level 3

Location hidden

#333 Apr 26, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> bye bye jealous one!!!!
lol ok c ya
Pianki

Saint Louis, MO

#334 May 3, 2013
I know some Igbo very very well and they/she is not light complexion. She is just as dark chocolate and as pretty as she wants to be and her Igbo Baby by her Igbo man is the same.
RedIgbo wrote:
Your BEYOND dumb if you believe that you have to be mixed in order to have light skin / eyes.
Have you guys not heard of Igbo Nigerians? Hello!
Not only are many of them light skin with no apparent 'African' featuresbut many also have green eyes. Examples USA soccer teams Oguchi Onyewu and British singer Lemar Obika.
Quick fact also. Igbo's where taken to the states in LARGE numbers during the slave trade.
The light skin Igbo slaves where called Red-Ibo's by other slaves. What do we called light skinned African Americans today? RED BONE.
Things that make you go hmmm
ps It was a dark skinned Igbo couple that recently had the NON-ALBINO WHITE baby with blonde hair and blue eyes So theorys on white people being the most diverse are some BULL.
Check this video out 'Igbo People' it shows their diverse looks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UWfMfIQsq54XX
Pianki

Saint Louis, MO

#335 May 3, 2013
There are in the United States a difference between one who identify as "BLACK" as this discussion has went and those who identify as (adjective: black) African-American.

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

#336 May 3, 2013
emergence wrote:
You can be dark-skinned and be mixed.
True I'm darkskinned and have 12.5 % of british blood and 12.5 arab/tuareg blood .
South African

UK

#337 May 4, 2013
Ohhhh plz don't tell me USA also have this disease of this team light skin and team dark skinned. We also get Yellow people who think they better then the dark ones in SA which the white pple favours them especially in Cape Town where undermining happens to dark Africans which iz disguisting which I wanna as soon as possible to US in California
Janette

Jamaica, NY

#338 May 5, 2013
South African wrote:
Ohhhh plz don't tell me USA also have this disease of this team light skin and team dark skinned. We also get Yellow people who think they better then the dark ones in SA which the white pple favours them especially in Cape Town where undermining happens to dark Africans which iz disguisting which I wanna as soon as possible to US in California
I didn't quite understand your post,(grammar). But I think that what you wrote,was that in South Africa,dark skinned blacks are discriminated against in favor of light skinned blacks,and that you want to come to the U.S. to escape this ?? Well don't come to the U.S. expecting to get better treatment,because here both light and dark blacks are getting discriminated against,exception is if you are a wealthy or famous black,then you'll get treated with some respect.

Level 3

Location hidden

#339 May 6, 2013
light skins...are rejected white people.whites didnt want them so they gave us the leftover scrapes..hell sum blks like me dnt want their a**ses either lol.Go back to whitey and stop calling yourself blk...cuz u are not.Its a disgrace for a mule or a light skin to say they blk
Imgreat

Ballston Spa, NY

#340 May 6, 2013
Mint cookies wrote:
light skins...are rejected white people.whites didnt want them so they gave us the leftover scrapes..hell sum blks like me dnt want their a**ses either lol.Go back to whitey and stop calling yourself blk...cuz u are not.Its a disgrace for a mule or a light skin to say they blk
Unfortunately you're a disgrace as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,396,205
The truth about white people/their secrets and ... (Mar '15) 2 min The teller of truth 35
Black man impregnates his daughters (Jan '13) 5 min T-BOS 11
Why do Black men always live off women? (Oct '10) 6 min misc 176
i hate ratchet & ghetto people . not cute :/ (Mar '11) 14 min KIP 8
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 14 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 136,089
Egypt Air Flight recorders sucessfully repaired 17 min Hillary 2016 14
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 20 min dreamhunk 32,705
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 30 min JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 46,570
Mudshark and c00n on Judge Judy. 40 min The Reality 47
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 2 hr Fukanig 116
More from around the web