Why do people say that light skinned ...
bantu boy

Malaysia

#295 Feb 18, 2013
African gal wrote:
<quoted text>
i aint no expect in this, but i do no for sure that both my families are both xhosa and khoi, and it has been that way for many generations that means our features and skin colours have nothing to do with a foreign admix.
african are characterised by dark skin and light......and those who are mixed

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#296 Feb 18, 2013
OH' wow now blacks are on here debating on whether we are black NOW! stop listening to the white man and his interpretations of us people ''REMEMBER'' his soul purpose is to divide when will you Negros wake up and see or understand anything.

While we are on here debating if we are black or not, and trust me you are black this culture stealing bandit is over there in Egypt (Kemet) rewriting our history, and painting his pale image on the tomb walls.

Level 6

Location hidden

#297 Feb 18, 2013
Face it wrote:
Because their not! Lightskin blacks are mix down with white people or other races. Lightskin blacks are what the white people or the mexican people did not want. So they threw them into the black race but light skin blacks are really not black their mixed. But we accept them because we have been accepting them since slavery. When the white men was raping and having sex with the africans women making mixed childern
they did not want these babies so they threw them into the pure black race and disowned them as being part white.
And what do you claim to be while you're on here spewing this B/s some world renowned dumb azz or something? let me brake it down to you' most light skin blacks have 2 black parents hue in skin tone does not mean much of anything, light skin blacks'''' are how it is understood get! light skin blacks are light skinned blacks period.

Now if you want to say mixed with Chinese or any other ethnic group then fine, and even then the black gene is always dominant so that is how we blacks understand and connect with each other, now...... just because whites have weak genes that gets completely destroyed when mixing, then that is the problem for whites.

We are a very mighty black nation if only we would have the courage guts and wits to tell the white devil that ''WE NO LONGER EXCEPT YOUR POISON'' then we can become what we once were.
Proud African American

Staten Island, NY

#298 Mar 9, 2013
NORTH CRACK wrote:
<quoted text>
sweetie that is soooooooooooooooooooooo untrue! your eating what the white men want you to eat... the white men want black people to think they have white in them if they are not black black... because even if you go to africa we come in all colors.... that's not true... and I'm going to have to disagree with you on that...
I totally agree with you 100 percent, we as a people just simply have too many of these ignorant very foolish unlearned Negros among us. especially these traits are very common among American blacks it seems as though their only knowledge comes from still blowing' Willy Lynch.

Level 6

Location hidden

#300 Mar 12, 2013
African gal wrote:
<quoted text>
in s.africa whether light,brown or dark, you are black,no one cares about your shade,it only divides aa
The absolute ''TRUTH'' in every conceivable way!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#301 Mar 12, 2013
Americans are extremely race conscious and very demanding of race purity from others.
camilla

South Africa

#303 Apr 2, 2013
QueenofTheNile wrote:
If your light skinned then you are not pure black.The same goes for African Americans who are Caramel, and Chocolate brown.You have to understand that during slavery all of our ancestors were raped so we could breed different skin tones of African Americans.Go and google up the Willie Lynch letter, that'll explain what Im trying to say.
Oh please! Give me a break. I doubt you've been to EVERY african country to support your ridiculous arguement. There are MANY African people with a purely black bloodline (my family included) that just have fairer skin, different textured hair and slight features. This observation is made by an African -living in Africa- who has actually travelled her continent.

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#306 Apr 10, 2013
All high yellas are mulattos
same stuff over n over

La Place, LA

#307 Apr 10, 2013
light dark only a reflection of each other.

Level 3

Location hidden

#308 Apr 10, 2013
same stuff over n over wrote:
light dark only a reflection of each other.
what?high yellas are mixed breed trust me.Either that or theyre albino...pick one.Black people range from brown skin to dark skin.Light skin blacks are a oxymoron.Its like saying dark skin whites lol.Plz stop following one drop rule
gnu

Essex Junction, VT

#309 Apr 20, 2013
Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dellusional if you think you aren't mixed, or if you think they aren't mixed.
If there are people with light eyes or hair in your family, you have some definite white ancestry.
Black people NEVER have those traits unless mixed.
I know you want to believe that "black people have light eyes and hair without being mixed"
but that's a lie.
No true at all. I'm a 100% Black African and in my direct family are plenty light-skinned people. I have three and two sisters. Five of my siblings are light-skinned, meaning they are much lighter than an "average" African, but there is no Caucasoid/White ancestry in my family. This is just part our wonderful African diversity.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#310 Apr 20, 2013
MrDarryl wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard it, but this would be the reason.
Why does your picture look fake like that? You have a big ass head but you're handsome.
Janette

Jamaica, NY

#311 Apr 21, 2013
Cushitic PrincesS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Truuuuuuuuue.... Have you ever heard of the AFrican tribe called Khoisan? The majority of them are light skinned and look like Asians but have never been near Asians
http://www.nma.gov.au/shared/libraries/images...
http://www.interet-general.info/IMG/Botswana-...
What about the igbo tribe of Nigeria? Are they mixed too? Many of them are very light skinned..
Watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fWfi_YkZKMUXX
In btw.. My mother is light skinned and we are not mixed too... Its ignorance that makes people think all light skinned Africans are mixed... Thats FAAAR from the truth..
Are those the same light skinned black Africans who speak what is called the "click language"? I studied such a tribe of light skinned Asian looking black Africans in anthropology in college,way back when,but I forgot if the name was Khoisan people.

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#312 Apr 25, 2013
because it is assumed they are mixed with something.

personally for me, light skinned 'blacks' are not blacks in my eyes. they don't go through the same shit dark-skinned persons go through. yes we all have the same struggle, but light skin are treated better and are seen in a more positive light than dark-skinned. so i don't see them as being black.

Level 3

Location hidden

#313 Apr 25, 2013
dculo wrote:
personally for me, light skinned 'blacks' are not blacks in my eyes. they don't go through the same shit dark-skinned persons go through. yes we all have the same struggle, but light skin are treated better and are seen in a more positive light than dark-skinned. so i don't see them as being black.
Exactly
Janette

Jamaica, NY

#314 Apr 25, 2013
dculo wrote:
That's what you think.You ought to talk to more light skinned blacks.We all
assume a lot about others who are different from ourselves. But as a light skinned black,even mistakened for white sometimes,I can tell you that what you say is not always the case.
Have you ever thought about,--that many racists whites prefer blacks to be totally ethnically black in physical features,and is against race mixing?. And so such whites,frown upon blacks who physical show signs of black?white race mixing.
In short, they will accept you easier,because you look black, than they would myself,because I look black/white mixed,and therefore they'll give me more of a hard time than they would give you,or just plain out reject the both of us equally,but certainly not prefer a light skinned black over dark skinned black.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#315 Apr 25, 2013
How is anyone PURE these days??? And why is it such a big deal anyway. Lets take Beyonce and her sister SOLANGE both of them have the same parents. A light skin black mom and a Carmel complexion black father. Beyonce came out light skin with light brown eyes (took after her mom) and SOLANGE came out brown skin with a hair texture closer to her dad. So how is one less black than the other? That's so stupid its called genetics. I have even seen dark complexed bi racials with coarse hair all bi racials don't have the typical look of light skin and curly hair.

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#316 Apr 25, 2013
Janette wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you think.You ought to talk to more light skinned blacks.We all
assume a lot about others who are different from ourselves. But as a light skinned black,even mistakened for white sometimes,I can tell you that what you say is not always the case.
Have you ever thought about,--that many racists whites prefer blacks to be totally ethnically black in physical features,and is against race mixing?. And so such whites,frown upon blacks who physical show signs of black?white race mixing.
In short, they will accept you easier,because you look black, than they would myself,because I look black/white mixed,and therefore they'll give me more of a hard time than they would give you,or just plain out reject the both of us equally,but certainly not prefer a light skinned black over dark skinned black.
I agree I have met white guys that wanted an extremly dark black woman ONLY!!! I have also met white guys that made a big deal out of my skin color and curly hair texture so it really depends on the guy. Different people have different tastes. No one has an advantage over the next it's all just based on preference

Level 3

Location hidden

#317 Apr 25, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
How is anyone PURE these days??? And why is it such a big deal anyway. Lets take Beyonce and her sister SOLANGE both of them have the same parents. A light skin black mom and a Carmel complexion black father. Beyonce came out light skin with light brown eyes (took after her mom) and SOLANGE came out brown skin with a hair texture closer to her dad. So how is one less black than the other? That's so stupid its called genetics. I have even seen dark complexed bi racials with coarse hair all bi racials don't have the typical look of light skin and curly hair.
well im pure..not everyone loves mixing with blacks.Im pure black in my family so yeah..btw dont respond back im really sick of the
drama on here
Janette

Jamaica, NY

#318 Apr 25, 2013
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> I agree I have met white guys that wanted an extremly dark black woman ONLY!!! I have also met white guys that made a big deal out of my skin color and curly hair texture so it really depends on the guy. Different people have different tastes. No one has an advantage over the next it's all just based on preference
Well if you asked me, which do most white guys prefer,mixed race looking black women,or ethnically black looking (dark skinned)black women,I would say that from what I see around me every day,I think most white men are with darker skinned black women,in part,due to either availability of dark and light skinned black women,or from plain old preference.
As I said above, I think they do so for both because it is their preference,and also because most black women are dark skinned anyhow (medium to dark brown is considered dark to most people),so that the white guy has more dark skinned black women around to choose from,than light skinned ones. So that in most white guy,black woman couples,married or dating,the black woman is usually dark skinned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 9 min Halle Berry Sister 35,871
San Francisco Liberal - Murder the elderly 10 min iamcuriousnow 25
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Cheech the Conser... 1,536,387
Dear White People (May '16) 13 min 2 Dogs 836
Are African-Americans the worst ethnic group in... 21 min 2 Dogs 16
Does anyone have any freaky deeky kinks they'd ... 23 min Tamale 28
Are Dominicans Black or Latino? (Sep '08) 27 min Sjndb 950
White women are extremely jealous of bw! 1 hr Savant 59
Molly Matheson - Going to Mudshark Hell! 2 hr Big Daddy 27
Black women want kids with that GOOD HAIR 2 hr donald james louk jr 41
Why Some Black Women Love White Men (May '07) 4 hr SadButTrue 11,238
More from around the web