“My hand is over my crotch.”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#23 Jun 7, 2013
On July 1, 1911, a 20-year-old woman named Emma Lou Sharpe sat in her house on Hanover Street in Atlanta and waited for her mother to come home. It was a Saturday evening, and Emma Lou was worried. Her mother had left an hour before to fetch some groceries and still had not returned.

click to enlarge

Usually, this wouldn't be a cause for concern, but these were unusual times. Just two weeks before, a neighbor of the Sharpes named Addie Watts was hit on the head with a brick. Then, as the local papers described in a mysterious understatement, "a coupling pin was brought into play." Watts' attacker then dragged her into a clump of bushes and slit her throat.

Watts' murder had been just the latest in a string of attacks that left the local African-American population on edge. All the victims had been of black or mixed race. All had been young, around 20 years old. All had been women.

Emma Lou Sharpe fit that description almost exactly, but she was more concerned about her mother, whose name was Lena. Frantic with worry, Emma Lou set out in search of her mother. At the market, she learned that Lena had never showed up.

Emma Lou started back for home. In the area that now separates Inman Park from Reynoldstown, she was approached by a stranger, who she described later, according to The Atlanta Constitution, as "tall, black, broad-shouldered and wearing a broad-brimmed black hat."

"How do you feel this evening?" the man asked Emma Lou.

click to enlarge

"I'm very well," she told the man, and began to walk past him. But he blocked her path.

"Don't be 'fraid," he told Emma Lou. "I never hurt girls like you." Then he stabbed her in the back. Bleeding, she ran away, screaming for help.

And Emma Lou's mother? She was already dead, her head almost severed from her neck. Atlanta's "Jack the Ripper" had struck again

There are two versions of this story, one as listed above. The other story is that Emma was walking with her mother when a man ran from the woods and attacked the mother with a large stone. The man knocked mom to the ground and the daughter too. He stuck the mom and sliced her throat and stabbed the daughter in the back. She screamed and a crowd came but he escaped.

Level 8

#24 Jun 7, 2013
Carmiana wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad, how sick can you be to kill a mother and her daughter.
The daughter survived but she must have suffered a horrible ordeal, having to know that the man who stabbed her killed her mother. That is the type of shyt that would scare me for the rest of my life.

Level 8

#25 Jun 7, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
He must NOT have been killing whites otherwise they would have caught him.
Well they never caught the original Jack the Ripper or the Axeman of New Orleans. Some people speculate that he did kill one ww. There was the famous case of Mary Phaagan, a white girl who was killed brutally. Suspicions fell on a bm named Jim Conley and a Jew named Leo Frank. The bm said that Leo had done the murder and that he had been an accomplice. The Jews was convicted on purely circumstantial evidence and lynched. Many people believe that the bm, Jim Conley did the murder and some people speculated that he was the ripper as well, though no evidence surfaced to shed light on that theory.
https://www.google.com/#gs_rn=16&gs_ri=ps...
I don't think that Conley was the ripper. I think the ripper was far to smart to target ww because he knew if a ww was killed, a lynch mob would come and target every bm in sight.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#26 Jun 7, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Your intuition is correct.
It's is far from over. I have just begun. I am posting the story, piece by piece to keep the interest going. Here is some links
http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2010/01/...
http://clatl.com/atlanta/atlantas-jack-the-ri...
I hope they caught him in the end. I'm going to be disappointed if they didn't catch him.

Back to the chilling story..........

Level 8

#27 Jun 7, 2013
MDJ2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they caught him in the end. I'm going to be disappointed if they didn't catch him.
Back to the chilling story..........
Well I am sorry to disappoint. The case is still open. It has never been officially solved.

Level 8

#28 Jun 7, 2013
REIGN OF CRIME SHAKES THE GATE CITY: THE RIPPER CONTINUES TO CLAIM VICTIMS Just four days after the city celebrated Independence Day, the Ripper was back on the streets prowling for another victim. Perhaps he was angry that Emma Lou Sharp managed to get away and provide the first ever identification of him. However, his luck would be no better in his next attempt. On Saturday, July 8, Mary Yeldell, a cook for W.M. Selcer, left the Selcer home on Fourth Street. While walking home, she was distracted by the sound of a whistle that came from down a dark alley. Stopping to see if someone was whistling for her, she soon found she was being approached by a tall, well-built black man. He was approaching her quickly and quietly. She screamed and started back toward the Selcer home, where she sought refuge. Mr. Selcer headed out on foot, revolver in hand, to the alley where the man had approached Yeldell. Upon arrival, Selcer was shocked to see a man still standing in the alleyway. Selcer called out to the man to put up his hands, but the stranger ran away down the alley and out of sight. Selcer returned home and phoned the police, who came on motorcycles, but their search turned up nothing. The Ripper was zero for two in July, but he would not let that stop him.

Level 8

#29 Jun 7, 2013
the Ripper claimed another victim. This victim was said to be the Ripper's eighth. The Constitution’s headline proclaimed the city's frustration as it reported the July 10 death of Sadie Holley:“Reign of Crime Grips Atlanta; Police Defied: Homes Are Robbed, Negro Women Slain, and No Arrests Are Made.” The murder of Lucinda McNeal had made page-one headlines; however, her murder was not at the hands of the Ripper, and the story had been coupled with the rumor of the death of a white policeman, J.A. Hollis. This was the first Ripper victim to appear on page one of the Atlanta Constitution. The paper reported that Sadie Holley was found on Atlanta Avenue. In addition to the murders, the crime wave affecting the white community was discussed, namely gangs of thieves robbing homes in the white community. The paper, now with a worried tone, proclaimed,“Neither ‘Jack the Ripper’ on the one hand, nor the gang of thieves on the other has let up for one week in their terrorizing crimes. In fact, the deeds grow bolder and bolder with each successful evasion from capture at the hands of police and detective departments of the city.” In showing the growing frustration toward local law enforcement agencies, which seemed powerless to help, the paper reported: The police department has nothing to say in explanation of its inability thus far to cope with the situation, further than the simple declaration that it is doing its best. In the meantime the negroes, naturally panic-stricken that eight women of their race have been murdered in cold blood within as many weeks, are holding mass meetings, and are appealing to the governor, the mayor, and to the law-loving citizens to help them in capturing the guilty party or parties, and to put a stop to this reign of bloody crime.

Level 8

#30 Jun 7, 2013
The details of the murder of Sadie Holley aroused even more fear in the black community. Her body was found in much the same state as the other victims, her throat slashed and her head bashed with a large stone.

A laborer, Will Broglin, discovered her body while on his way to work. He said that he noticed signs of a scuffle in the freshly graded soft dirt on his route to work. He followed the traces and came upon the body. The stone that was used to kill Holley turned up in a nearby field. Police followed the prints and the trail left in the area by the killer, but it gave out not far from the corpse. Unlike the other murders, the assailant removed Holley's shoes and took them. They were never found. The murder of Sadie Holley must have shaken up the folks at the Atlanta Constitution, as the coverage of her death also brought on a review of the past year's events. The paper reported,“Looking back over the murders, it is seen that they have not started recently, but only in the last two months have they gained such frequency and regularity as to attract universal notice.” The story went on to say: On February 19 an unknown woman was found near Grant Park with her head crushed and her throat cut. On January 22, Rosa Trice had been killed near Gardner Street and the Southern railway in the same manner. From June 19 on there has been one murder weekly, starting with Addie Watts, who was found near the railroad, her head mashed with a coupling pin and her throat cut. The succeeding sentences in the report went on to list all of the victims found up to Sadie Holley. The same report also mentioned that the black pastors in Atlanta were calling on the mayor and governor of Georgia to offer a reward for the capture of the murderer.

Wells, Jeffery (2011-11-20). The Atlanta Ripper: The Unsolved Case of the Gate City's Most Infamous Murders (Kindle Locations 596-600). The History Press. Kindle Edition.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#31 Jun 8, 2013
Don’t take offense to the material below. I am just explaining to you people why things like this happen by using examples…

This is what happens to a country and civilization on planet earth that says the hell with absolutes or universal concepts that govern human behavior with the contradictory information government and people try to control us/you with.

For example, if you can do whatever you want to do why I can’t do whatever I want to do! If I can’t tell you what you can or can’t do then you can’t tell me what I can and can’t do, the government kills, why can’t I kill etc…

If you have no universal truths one can conclude its okay to go out and kill because they think its ok. I mean who are you tell this guy what he is doing is wrong when people say the hell with absolutes and universal truths. This simply means to each his own and get it the way you want at any cost!

If you reject these two concepts I mention you have no laws governing you on what's right and what wrong when it comes to your thinking and decision making, because right and wrong only becomes an opinion and then it only takes a matter of time before you convince yourself to go out and cause chaos or promote it by up-holding chaotic laws.

Level 3

Location hidden

#32 Jun 8, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Your intuition is correct.
It's is far from over. I have just begun. I am posting the story, piece by piece to keep the interest going. Here is some links
http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2010/01/...
http://clatl.com/atlanta/atlantas-jack-the-ri...
Why do you think he is doing what he is doing?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33 Jun 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Don’t take offense to the material below. I am just explaining to you people why things like this happen by using examples…
This is what happens to a country and civilization on planet earth that says the hell with absolutes or universal concepts that govern human behavior with the contradictory information government and people try to control us/you with.
For example, if you can do whatever you want to do why I can’t do whatever I want to do! If I can’t tell you what you can or can’t do then you can’t tell me what I can and can’t do, the government kills, why can’t I kill etc…
If you have no universal truths one can conclude its okay to go out and kill because they think its ok. I mean who are you tell this guy what he is doing is wrong when people say the hell with absolutes and universal truths. This simply means to each his own and get it the way you want at any cost!
If you reject these two concepts I mention you have no laws governing you on what's right and what wrong when it comes to your thinking and decision making, because right and wrong only becomes an opinion and then it only takes a matter of time before you convince yourself to go out and cause chaos or promote it by up-holding chaotic laws.
I think it very dangerous and detrimental that we have people in society who don't respect other people's boundaries.
In ways here on the forum,picking fights and insulting people who aren't posting to or about you.
Trying to negatively impact how other posters interact with each other.
Posting personal information or PMs.
I've even had a supposedly highly intelligent "cerebral" man post a private photo of me onto the forum (several times).
These people who can't or don;t respect boundaries are often very malicious and they over react.
They are similar to people who go on to commit violent crimes, rape and murder.
Because to kill someone, you have to be prepared to over react to something you think they did to you. And ofcourse be prepared to cross another person's boundaries. Stabbing, shooting, raping, disclosing private things... are all ways malicious people cross boundaries.
The small time ones cause annoyance and upset on a smaller scale, but they are all part of the same family of abusers.

Level 8

#34 Jun 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
So is it your supposition that the US has no guiding moral code? I thought people here were supposedly guided by Christian values.

Level 8

#35 Jun 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think he is doing what he is doing?
It is hard to say. The killings were not motivated by rape or robbery. He seemed to just love the art of killing women.

Level 3

Location hidden

#36 Jun 8, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it very dangerous and detrimental that we have people in society who don't respect other people's boundaries.
In ways here on the forum,picking fights and insulting people who aren't posting to or about you.
Trying to negatively impact how other posters interact with each other.
Posting personal information or PMs.
I've even had a supposedly highly intelligent "cerebral" man post a private photo of me onto the forum (several times).
These people who can't or don;t respect boundaries are often very malicious and they over react.
They are similar to people who go on to commit violent crimes, rape and murder.
Because to kill someone, you have to be prepared to over react to something you think they did to you. And ofcourse be prepared to cross another person's boundaries. Stabbing, shooting, raping, disclosing private things... are all ways malicious people cross boundaries.
The small time ones cause annoyance and upset on a smaller scale, but they are all part of the same family of abusers.
I agree 100% with your post and you call it boundaries and I can line it up and say you must consent or not consent to permit someone to enter your boundaries. It's all about people making their own choices without the influence of the government or individuals through coercive or physical forces as long as the person don't impose on someone else ability to choose. When people choices get imposed upon they get violent and want to retaliate and this is a reason for them to do such.

Humanity is not teaching children this at a young age because the governmental laws, individual or groups of people try to make choices for you in some instances and then tell you in the same instance you can make your own choice. Likewise, they want to make your choices but they don't want you to make theirs.

The government and majority of people thinking is contradictory and as long as this way prevails anything goes in the minds of people who are looking for justification to take away someone else ability to choose.

Two types of people in this world. Good (non-contradictory thinkers) and No Good (contradictory thinkers)

Level 3

Location hidden

#37 Jun 8, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to say. The killings were not motivated by rape or robbery. He seemed to just love the art of killing women.
Before actions takes place one must think on the information within his/her mind!

Why do I feel this way?

Why do I feel that way?

Is it right or wrong for me to act out on the way I feel?

What is right and wrong?

What if they offend me?

What if right and wrong don't exist?

What's wrong with doing what I love doing even if it involves hurting other people?

If I naturally feel this way then that means GOD or NATURE meant for it to be this way?

As long as I don't get caught its all good?

And the list goes on and on and if this guy thinking is not built on a universal self evident truth then his actions has no boundaries or limits and eventually he convinces himself or herself its okay to behave in such a way to violate another human being ability to choose.

Level 8

#38 Jun 8, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Before actions takes place one must think on the information within his/her mind!
Why do I feel this way?
Why do I feel that way?
Is it right or wrong for me to act out on the way I feel?
What is right and wrong?
What if they offend me?
What if right and wrong don't exist?
What's wrong with doing what I love doing even if it involves hurting other people?
If I naturally feel this way then that means GOD or NATURE meant for it to be this way?
As long as I don't get caught its all good?
And the list goes on and on and if this guy thinking is not built on a universal self evident truth then his actions has no boundaries or limits and eventually he convinces himself or herself its okay to behave in such a way to violate another human being ability to choose.
You are using is (the present tense) instead of was, the past tense. I just think men like this Black Jack the Ripper just enjoy the games of killing and toying with the police.

Level 3

Location hidden

#39 Jun 10, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using is (the present tense) instead of was, the past tense. I just think men like this Black Jack the Ripper just enjoy the games of killing and toying with the police.
What I am trying to say is serial killers, murders, rapist, terrorist, war mongering people is lawless thinkers!

Do you know what a lawless thinker is?

Level 8

#40 Jun 11, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am trying to say is serial killers, murders, rapist, terrorist, war mongering people is lawless thinkers!
Do you know what a lawless thinker is?
No,but I guess that the phrase implies that they love lawlessness.

Level 3

Location hidden

#41 Jun 19, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
No,but I guess that the phrase implies that they love lawlessness.
Exactly! You do know this is a lawlessness government we are living it right?

Level 3

Location hidden

#42 Jun 19, 2013
it = in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS!!! The White Man's Biggest Fear!!! 5 min Good-Vibes 8
Would you date a BM Hoe that only was with Low ... 5 min BWEFocused 5
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 6 min felistitas 120,834
The truth of boxing........ 6 min Rock 53
BW Cuffed by Police for Kissing WM: Prostitute??? 7 min Big Knob 125
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,109,360
Why Are White Girls So Afraid Of Black Girls? (May '09) 9 min Drilling for the ... 493
Another white man beheaded by IsIs 11 min Mr oH 206
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 49 min Kop 571
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr McCarthywasRight 24,468
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••