Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 76
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

earth

#2 Aug 22, 2007
there is beauty in all people. it is a relative thing. in america we have learned to accept more european features as the standard of beauty and to shun african or more ethnic features as unattractive. thus the celebration of straight hair narrow features lighter skin and pictures of jesus that look like john lennon
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#3 Aug 22, 2007
Dark-skinned women with long straight hair and/or fine features do attractive men of all races. Maybe you don't think so, but they do. I've seen it. They will take Chilli from TLC before they will take Alek Wek. Trust me.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#5 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
Why is it that most men don’t like dark skinned black women and think of them as ugly? Sometimes thin features and “good hair”(Please don’t ask what good hair is. You know what I mean) can make up for the dark skin, but for the most part men don’t like dark black women. Do you think of them as too masculine? I’ve noticed that in general, the lighter the black person the thinner the features and loosely curled the hair is. If a light woman is cursed with short nappy hair, she can always slap on a weave and call it a day. On the other hand, a dark woman can’t do the same. I mean who looks better with a long flowing blond weave, Serena Williams or Beyonce? Guys, what is your take on dark women, specifically dark-skinned, broad featured, nappy haired women? They look like monsters!
That's kind of racist of what you said. Of course they are some beautiful dark-skinned women out there. You only see what the media negatively show when it comes to dark-skinned women. I'm dark-skinned and I'm not masculine looking. So, you meant to tell me that Gabrielle Union, Naomi Campbell, Angela Bassett, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Kenya Moore, Chilli, Tweet, Coko from SWV, Iman, Aisha Tyler, Lauryn Hill, Tatyana Ali, Janet Jackson, and other brown to dark-skinned women are ugly and masculine? That's very racist and ignorant.

Since: Aug 07

Pearl River, NY

#10 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
Why is it that most men don’t like dark skinned black women and think of them as ugly? Sometimes thin features and “good hair”(Please don’t ask what good hair is. You know what I mean) can make up for the dark skin, but for the most part men don’t like dark black women. Do you think of them as too masculine? I’ve noticed that in general, the lighter the black person the thinner the features and loosely curled the hair is. If a light woman is cursed with short nappy hair, she can always slap on a weave and call it a day. On the other hand, a dark woman can’t do the same. I mean who looks better with a long flowing blond weave, Serena Williams or Beyonce? Guys, what is your take on dark women, specifically dark-skinned, broad featured, nappy haired women? They look like monsters!
i'm under the impression that YOU are of a dark tone yourself, and despite your attempt to assasinate my character in that other thread (do black women like being eaten out)....
you shouldn't even be asking this question. i know you've heard the expression " the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice" and etc. to each their own.
for the record, i think that the posing of such question is the result of how we've been brainwashed to not like trully african features. but i will say that there have been a FEW very dark women that I've met in my life that i found to be DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! i regret losing touch with one in fact!!! damn...
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#11 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
Black women, why do you straighten your hair to look like white women? I must admit if I had nappy hair I’d be ashamed too. Everyone knows black women do not naturally have straight hair. It looks very fake. Other races are laughing at you.
What's wrong with straighten their hair if that's their choice? You have strong animosity towards black women. And for your information, you DO have some brother that prefer dark-skinned women, if they have a pretty face and long hair. A lot of the women in my family who are brown to dark-skinned are married and they look gorgeous, so what are you talking about? You didn't answer my question when I mention the women above. Answer the question please.

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

earth

#12 Aug 22, 2007
i have not subscribed to it. i have dated all shapes shades and kinds of black women. i have been with my wife for 14 years and she is dark caramel brown. she prefers the short fantasia type hairstyles but as long as she maintains her sense of style i am cool with natural styles dreads or whatever. i love all types of black women. and my wife is pretty as hell to me with her african nose thick frame and beautiful skin. most brothers i know though are not like me

Since: Aug 07

Pearl River, NY

#17 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I’m not dark. Why is it that you’ve only encountered a FEW “drop dead gorgeous” dark women? I bet you’ve seen MANY “drop dead gorgeous” light women. I find that dark black people in general, men and women, tend to be unattractive. They look like apes.
great.....
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#19 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I already mentioned in my post that “good hair” and fine features make up for a woman’s dark skin tone. But in the end light skin usually wins.
It's true that light skin always wins. I'm not deny that. The reason why is because if you read the book FAIR WOMEN DARK MEN, it will explain the ROOT of why men of ALL races preferred lighter women. This has been going on for over thousands of years before Christ was born (BC) so the preference for lighter women ain't new, but I do know some brothers who do prefer dark skinned women. A lot of women in myfamily are dark to brown skinned and none of them are ugly and masculine. They are all married, so I disagree when you say that men don't prefer dark-skinned women at all. But I have to admit, I'm dark-brown, you know, Naomi's complexion. I am tryint to make my skin lighter because I want to bring my features out and even my skin. It's not trying to be white or anything. That's my choice. I tell you one thing. I sure as HELL ain't no Alek Wek complexion. That's way too dark for me. That's why I try my damndest to daty away from the sun. And speaking of weaves, it ain't nothing wrong with wearing a weave or straightening you hair if they want to. It ain't nothing wrong with being beautiful. White women wear weaves all the time, and y'all don't bitch about that. As for me, I don't want to walk around with an Afro. No fucking way!!! That's my choice. Everybody has choices, and you should respect that instead of destroying black women's self-esteem. You have a whole lot of animosity towards black women. Can you tell me why do you hate and talk down to black women so much? What makes you angry about them? Why do you think that black women who look more African are ugly? The reason why you think that these women are ugly because the media doesn't show dark-skinned women that much. If you see more lighter women and darker women, of course you are going to have that mindset that lighter women are attractive because that's all you see. Dark-skinned women are just as beautiful. If you don't believe it, then that's your problem. I can't change how you feel about us, but you can't belittle black women that don't look like Barbie. That's not right. It's very attacking. You don't have to be like that. Are you black or white?
AquaCityBoy

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Aug 22, 2007
Nicole Little wrote:
Dark-skinned women with long straight hair and/or fine features do attractive men of all races. Maybe you don't think so, but they do. I've seen it. They will take Chilli from TLC before they will take Alek Wek. Trust me.
Well, that's just 'cause Alek Wek is F***ING HIDEOUS.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#21 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do most black men crave nonblack women or black women that resemble them? No one wants a black woman, not even their own men.:(
That's not true. Again, you're generalizing all black men. You do have black men that still want us. You just hate black women. Admit it. Why do you always come here ans attack black women? You have a lot of animosity towards you.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#22 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
If all of what you’re saying is true, why do you want to bleach you skin? I read your post in the “European Standard of Beauty” thread. I say go for it.
Because that's my choice. Have you ever heard of this book called FAIR WOMEN DARK MEN. Black men are not the only ones that prefer lighter women. Have you ever heard of FAIR AND LOVELY? They market that heavily in India. You see preference for lighter women is WORLDWIDE!!!! Do some research. Read up on it.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#23 Aug 22, 2007
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
because it's easier to manage and it's a different. why do non-blacks get perms? because they want to try something different. ALL women wear weaves. and just because dark skinned women are not appreciated in america, it does not mean they are not appreciated elsewhere. if you don't find them attractive, it does not mean no one else does. and just to let you know there are blacks with straight hair.

Exactly. It aint' nothing wrong with trying something new. Angel, open your mind.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#24 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
What do most of these women have in common? They are slim, have narrower features, and long flowing hair. Is a dark skinned, nappy headed, broad featured woman ever attractive?
Naomi Campbell has beautiful full lips and she's pretty.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#26 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
What do most of these women have in common? They are slim, have narrower features, and long flowing hair. Is a dark skinned, nappy headed, broad featured woman ever attractive?
I can only speak for myself. I have beautiful dark brown skin with broad, but if I get my hair straighten, my hair is long. I don't look right with short hair. It doesn't fit my face. A lot of men tell me that I look better with long hair. Dark-skinned women do look better with long hair. I know I do. I told you at the other post that I don't want to look at pale looking like Michael Jackson, but I don't want to have a medium toned, brownish kind of color, you know, around the light-browm-medium brown-brown range, but that's me, my choice. At the same time, you can't put dark-skinned women down like that. They can't help that, and to say that they will never never never get a man is bullshit. You do have some black men that prefer dark women. Like I said earlier, every female in my family are the range of brown to dark skin and they are ALL MARRIED FOR MORE THAN !) YEARS!!!! But for me, I feel that I will look better if I was two shades lighter. That's me. They can call it self-hatred, I don't care.
Centaur

Swansea, SC

#28 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do most black men crave nonblack women or black women that resemble them? No one wants a black woman, not even their own men.:(
I have dated a very dark black lady whe was dynomite.I have dated some that I couln't wait fot the date to end. The color of the skin is the package the real lady in that package. So if a dark skinned llady sees herself as attractive she will exude confidence and sexiness. If, on the other hand sees herself as not so beautiful she will be just that.

Remember the darker the grape the sweeter the meat, How sweet are you???
C-Bisquit

AOL

#29 Aug 22, 2007
For the record there are too dark women with straight hair. Anways I dont really care what color her skin is long as she got some hair to pull on. I cant be grabbin on a head, serious I need some hair. Bald head chick just aint attractive to me. But I do know we all have warped view of what beauty really is. We are living out what whites consider beautiful, T.V. got us all hypnotized. And we will not be breaking free from this view of beauty for a long time. But I'm sure short-coarse hair will come back in style again someday.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#30 Aug 22, 2007
AquaCityBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's just 'cause Alek Wek is F***ING HIDEOUS.
That part I agree with. Men would go with Naomi Campbell than Alek Wek. Shit, India Arie look better than her and she's dark-skinned.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#31 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Most black Americans are descendants of West Africans. I’ve never seen a West African with straight hair. Some blacks (not pure West African) do have straight hair, but it’s very uncommon and they’re usually of mixed heritage. Straight hair on a black woman just does not look natural. It looks silly when I see a black woman walking around with nappy hair on her hairline and nape of neck but have a long silky ponytail or have straight stiff overprocessed hair with nappy roots. White people’s hair varies from straight to wavy to curly. It’s not afro hair. Dark black women are not appreciated in America or any other place in the world. Even those in Africa are resorting to skin bleaching.
I don't care what yu say. If a black woman wants to straight their hair to be more acceptable to sociey, then there's nothing wrong with it. You will do whatever you can to make sure that everybody don't date black women who are dark. You are so hateful. Why can't you spend some time and learn how to appreciate black women of all shades, hair texures, and features? You are only attacking dark-skinned women with kinky hair. You get the thrill out of it don't you. Why don't you educate yourself about black women and stay away from the television for a minute? You are so racist.
Nicole Little

Kulpsville, PA

#32 Aug 22, 2007
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Are their any dark skinned, broad featured, nappy headed women that aren’t hideous to you?
Tweet
Naomi Campbell
Jamelia

Since: Mar 07

Marietta, GA

#33 Aug 22, 2007
Why are y'all responding to this pathetic, racist-*ss troll? Did you see where she said that dark skinned blacks look like apes? WTF?!?!?! This person is either a sad, confused, light-skinned oreo or a bitter, nasty, scarecrow-looking white woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 76
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 14 min thetruth 47,843
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 29 min thetruth 486
Sports radio show creates stereotypical black m... 35 min glc3 1
News Doctors may miss ADHD in nonwhite kids 50 min Hugh Janus 1
why can't black men walk properly? 53 min Hugh Janus 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,418,164
News Artist Republic CG Hosts Power Meeting with Man... 2 hr K-DJ 2
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 6 hr fluer 233
Internet a breeding ground for racists and soci... 7 hr Michel Montvert 28
More from around the web