Are white women attracted to black men?
felicia

Studio City, CA

#117726 Jan 28, 2014
One thing I know they invented for sure was scratching a record......
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Elmhurst, NY

#117727 Jan 28, 2014
No fcks given wrote:
" The roots of bluegrass reach back to the music brought to America by immigrants in the early 1600s, including dance music and ballads from Ireland, Scotland and England.
As the early Jamestown settlers began to spread out into the Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky and the Virginias, they composed new songs about day-to-day life experiences in the new land. Since most of these people lived in rural areas, the songs reflected life on the farm or in the hills and this type of music was called "mountain music" or "country music." The invention of the phonograph and the onset of the radio in the early 1900s brought this old-time music out of the rural Southern mountains to people all over the United States."
No fcks given.

:)

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#117728 Jan 28, 2014
I hear "neutral observer" is very adept at the African Skin Flute..
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Elmhurst, NY

#117729 Jan 28, 2014
felicia wrote:
qUOTE:One claim made is that 'african americans' created jazz!
Of course if one was to look at a typical jazz instrument - Brass, they will realise that Brass instruments are from Europe, not Africa!
So then I guess using that logic that Hill Billy banjo music must be from Africa.

You wanna tell them? I double dog dare ya.
No fcks given

Killbuck, OH

#117730 Jan 28, 2014
Good singing became a more important part of country music. Singing stars like Jimmie Rodgers, family bands like The Carter Family from Virginia and duet teams like the Monroe Brothers from Kentucky contributed greatly to the advancement of traditional country music.

Old Crow medicine show at the Grand Ole Opry...

http://youtu.be/Y1D2UH1t6Eo

“Adopt, Don't Shop!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#117731 Jan 28, 2014
felicia wrote:
Well, we just had this question on stormfront, this is what one person said.
Default Re: What musical instruments did Africans invent?
----------
They invented the highly advanced instrument known as the Hollow Log.
I wouldn't rely on getting accurate information from Stormfront, felicia. The links I provided show that the banjo originated in Africa. If people wish to believe every instrument had European origins, let them but the truth shows otherwise. Just sayin'.......

Location hidden

#117732 Jan 28, 2014
felicia wrote:
qUOTE:One claim made is that 'african americans' created jazz!
Of course if one was to look at a typical jazz instrument - Brass, they will realise that Brass instruments are from Europe, not Africa!
Ken Burns series on the origins of jazz. Excellent series and it tells the true story.....

http://www.pbs.org/jazz/
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Elmhurst, NY

#117733 Jan 28, 2014
felicia wrote:
One thing I know they invented for sure was scratching a record......
Give it another 10-15 years and whites will be claiming that too.

:/
felicia

Studio City, CA

#117734 Jan 28, 2014
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't the plastic surgeons'(there were many) fault that he didn't know when to quit. They had warned him the rhinoplasties he had had were becoming a problem but he kept insisting, just like he insisted that Conrad Murray treat him with a substance that should never be used outside of an operating theatre. I blame his family for not intervening years ago when it was obvious he was drug addicted and a pedophile. Now they wish to sue everyone in sight. Shame on them all. Just sayin'......
Part of being a good plastic surgeon is artistry, that was BAD plastic surgery, they took off too much skin at the bottom of his eyes, did Michael Jackson draw the damn line where they cut the skin off? No, the plastic surgeon was incompetent...

Location hidden

#117735 Jan 28, 2014
No fcks given wrote:
" The roots of bluegrass reach back to the music brought to America by immigrants in the early 1600s, including dance music and ballads from Ireland, Scotland and England.
As the early Jamestown settlers began to spread out into the Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky and the Virginias, they composed new songs about day-to-day life experiences in the new land. Since most of these people lived in rural areas, the songs reflected life on the farm or in the hills and this type of music was called "mountain music" or "country music." The invention of the phonograph and the onset of the radio in the early 1900s brought this old-time music out of the rural Southern mountains to people all over the United States."
Yep, that was in one of the links I posted earlier. Many of the words used like a dance called the jig, had roots in the dances of the baroque called the gigue. I am sure with your background you have heard baroque music which sounds much like some of the melodies in bluegrass. Even the rock band called Procol Harum (Whiter Shade of Pale) used a melody attributed to J S Bach. Back before copyright laws many composers made transcriptions of other composers melodies only back then there was no court to hear a lawsuit. A little note, but, have you ever herd Steven Stills play bluegrass? He is phenomenal..........
felicia

Studio City, CA

#117736 Jan 28, 2014
My God, now they can just fuawlk up peoples faces and say the person insisted their faces be faulked up?, I'm not buying that excuse.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Elmhurst, NY

#117737 Jan 28, 2014
Can whoever it is thats giving azzlick positive icon judgments step forward so we know who you are cos I'm finding it very hard to believe.

No not you azzlick, sit back down.
felicia

Studio City, CA

#117738 Jan 28, 2014
'The patient asked for their eyelids not to close or blink, they asked for their eyes to stay open"

Yeah that's the ticket.

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#117740 Jan 28, 2014
No fcks given wrote:
Good singing became a more important part of country music. Singing stars like Jimmie Rodgers, family bands like The Carter Family from Virginia and duet teams like the Monroe Brothers from Kentucky contributed greatly to the advancement of traditional country music.
Old Crow medicine show at the Grand Ole Opry...
http://youtu.be/Y1D2UH1t6Eo
Listening to Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Boys now on ITunes
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Elmhurst, NY

#117741 Jan 28, 2014
CEEK wrote:
What da fck?! Mthafckas seriously debating who invented the banjo, Dmn!!! Yo BB what is Desean Jackson like? Is he pretty down to earth and laid back?
Yeah he's cool. Kinda reminds me of my brother. A lil short tempered like the same way he is. Does the same short tempered "wtf man?" pfft sound a lot. Dint really get into 1 on 1 convo with him till way late after we'd all been drankin some. He was at the same table with a bunch of us but then later came to hang with a few of us and thats when he opened up and became real chill.

Location hidden

#117742 Jan 28, 2014
felicia wrote:
<quoted text>Part of being a good plastic surgeon is artistry, that was BAD plastic surgery, they took off too much skin at the bottom of his eyes, did Michael Jackson draw the damn line where they cut the skin off? No, the plastic surgeon was incompetent...
Michael Jackson probably had the best of the surgeons on speed dial. He had so much done over the years that it is hard to put the blame of his looks on just one. Rumour has it he was trying to look like Diana Ross but ended up looking like a bad caricature of Joan Crawford.

Location hidden

#117743 Jan 28, 2014
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost wrote:
Can whoever it is thats giving azzlick positive icon judgments step forward so we know who you are cos I'm finding it very hard to believe.
No not you azzlick, sit back down.
*steps forward*

On post 117730. that was me.........:

Location hidden

#117744 Jan 28, 2014
CEEK wrote:
What da fck?! Mthafckas seriously debating who invented the banjo, Dmn!!! Yo BB what is Desean Jackson like? Is he pretty down to earth and laid back?
Hi CEEK.....welcome aboard!!!!!

Not a debate about the banjo if people would read the links and know about music and instrument origins.
daddys home ________

United States

#117745 Jan 28, 2014
CEEK wrote:
kicked your woman to the curb and got a new one?
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Elmhurst, NY

#117746 Jan 28, 2014
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
*steps forward*
On post 117730. that was me.........:
Ok, thats one...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Canuk 1,710,495
Here's Another One 2 min Kang 72
Where is the President>? 6 min Kang 136
breaking news....omarosa fired by trump 8 min Kang 46
The Joke of the Century: Neo-Nazis Think They'r... 11 min Savant 123
73 Chicago homicides ytd for Chicago 29 min Got Rope 17
45 Greatest Hits 42 min Kang 98
Smartest posters on Topix afam 4 hr JOHNS ON TOP OF I... 204
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 7 hr dreamhunk 38,115
..He didn't Love the Children.. 9 hr Yisraelite Suprem... 16
*** Trump at 50%! *** 9 hr THX Restores Honor 28
More from around the web