LOSER

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#88486 Jan 10, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour, Seraphine. Pleased to meet you and votre ange as well. More 19th Century? Now that's interesting. But from your posts I can see why you are "soulmates." I believe he told me that he was from Martinique, of Black and Greek parentage. I guess that is pretty multicultural. Are you also from Martinique? I've never been there. Been to France, but not Martinique. I guess you can say that my background contrasts with that of Monsieur Sora, who speaks of coming from a family that was rich and mulitcultural.
But with regard to relationships, i do agree %100 that their success ultimately depends on friendship and mutual understanding.
Unfortunately, I'm probably not as "musically literate" as you. I've come to appreciate classical music even though my knowledge of it is limited. My sensibilities are not so limited, and can appreciate beauty in any form. Sadly, I never learned to play a musical instrument. My background in the "hood" was a bit constricting. But I do have a great singing voice. And I like almost all kinds of music, from jazz to Mozart.
Bonsoir Savant, you are eclectic? This is good. Yes, he is from Martinique and his father is Senegalese and his mother is Greek/Turkish. I am a Creole originally from New Orleans (Garden District). I was born into a wealthy, cultured family as well (My ancestors are French, the founding members of the family). They encouraged me to persue my dreams but in regards to Sora they love him to pieces and I am glad they do. A person's background should not determine how sucessful they are, you seem to be well off I imagine. In regards to Classical music I was raised with it my mother is a harpsichordist and my father plays the viola da gamba. My art resoration career is something they are proud of and I am too. Have you ever been to New Orleans? My family is very old and established in the South. I am the first to marry outside of my ethnic group, with the passing of generations develops liberalism I think, what are your opinions on this observation? I have what is refered to as a pure soprano but I take more pride in my ability as a Classical pianist (What do you think of my grand piano? I decided to use it as my avatar). I too hope to hear from you again and I would like very much for the three of us to coorespond more, I have a feeling that we shall all learn from eachother. What was it like for you growing up mon ami?

Kip

“Brian's alter ego”

Level 7

Since: Feb 07

San Francisco, CA

#88487 Jan 10, 2013
blondegirl214 wrote:
<quoted text> its insane to me that people are willing to give up their rights because someone is telling them it will make them safer.
That is the craziest line of bullshyt I ever heard, and I can't understand why anyone would fall for it, or allow it to happen.
You're preaching to the choir.

Would you believe that in liberal San Francisco nudists are now fighting for the right to go clothless in the city? The Communist government of San Francisco actually has women believing that they are safer with clothes on, so they are giving up their right to go nude.
Carol

Orem, UT

#88488 Jan 10, 2013
Kip wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you believe that in liberal San Francisco nudists are now fighting for the right to go clothless in the city? The Communist government of San Francisco actually has women believing that they are safer with clothes on, so they are giving up their right to go nude.
You are one sick, pathetic criminal.

“Trump is funny”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#88489 Jan 10, 2013
Kip wrote:
<quoted text>
what a bummer kip-San Fran is taking all the fun out of life nothing turns heads like a naked lady walking down Market street.

Kip

“Brian's alter ego”

Level 7

Since: Feb 07

San Francisco, CA

#88490 Jan 11, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
what a bummer kip-San Fran is taking all the fun out of life nothing turns heads like a naked lady walking down Market street.
Tell me about it.

One day they tell us our medical marijuana is against the law, then they try and make our women put on their clothes. This is un-Constitutional. In fact, I'm writing up a petition to secede from the union because of this.

It's an outrage.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#88491 Jan 11, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Savant, you are eclectic? This is good. Yes, he is from Martinique and his father is Senegalese and his mother is Greek/Turkish. I am a Creole originally from New Orleans (Garden District). I was born into a wealthy, cultured family as well (My ancestors are French, the founding members of the family). They encouraged me to persue my dreams but in regards to Sora they love him to pieces and I am glad they do. A person's background should not determine how sucessful they are, you seem to be well off I imagine. In regards to Classical music I was raised with it my mother is a harpsichordist and my father plays the viola da gamba. My art resoration career is something they are proud of and I am too. Have you ever been to New Orleans? My family is very old and established in the South. I am the first to marry outside of my ethnic group, with the passing of generations develops liberalism I think, what are your opinions on this observation? I have what is refered to as a pure soprano but I take more pride in my ability as a Classical pianist (What do you think of my grand piano? I decided to use it as my avatar). I too hope to hear from you again and I would like very much for the three of us to coorespond more, I have a feeling that we shall all learn from eachother. What was it like for you growing up mon ami?
I guess that I'm somewhat eclectic even in my practice of philosophy; but I lean more in some directions than others. You seem to have a quite cosmopolitan family. You a Creole from New Orleans, and your beloved Sora--part Senegalese/part Greek from Martinique. Le pays de Aime Cesaire and Frantz Fanon. A few of my favorite writers are Senegalese or Martiniquais.
I have been to New Orleans numerous times, but not since Hurricane Katrina. It is/was a beautiful and picturesque town with much history. As for one's background, you don't get to choose that, although your life chances largely depends on it. I think that every human being ought to be afforded the means and opportunity to live a complete life.
As for myself, you could say that I'm fairly well off now. I'm part of the Philosophy faculty in a university nearby. I'm a published author and a homeowner (or at least paying mortgage). I guess I'd be described as a professional middle class or intellectual person. But I'm not rich. In fact, I was born poor in the inner city of East Baltimore. But I was more fortunate than most of the people I grew up with insofar as I obtained a university education. Partly thanks to my mother and certain caring teachers I was introduced to the world of learning; and I took an interest in philosophy, history and literature before I graduated (or even entered) high school. And reading gave access to a world far larger than the ghetto. It probably saved my life.
I got a little exposure to classical music from some of my teachers. But I got more into Literature& Philosophy. It opened up a new world of possibility, a world that should be the birthright of every man, woman and child on earth.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#88492 Jan 11, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, your avatar is superb. Is it a photo of your actual piano?

Level 4

Location hidden

#88493 Jan 11, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that I'm somewhat eclectic even in my practice of philosophy; but I lean more in some directions than others. You seem to have a quite cosmopolitan family. You a Creole from New Orleans, and your beloved Sora--part Senegalese/part Greek from Martinique. Le pays de Aime Cesaire and Frantz Fanon. A few of my favorite writers are Senegalese or Martiniquais.
I have been to New Orleans numerous times, but not since Hurricane Katrina. It is/was a beautiful and picturesque town with much history. As for one's background, you don't get to choose that, although your life chances largely depends on it. I think that every human being ought to be afforded the means and opportunity to live a complete life.
As for myself, you could say that I'm fairly well off now. I'm part of the Philosophy faculty in a university nearby. I'm a published author and a homeowner (or at least paying mortgage). I guess I'd be described as a professional middle class or intellectual person. But I'm not rich. In fact, I was born poor in the inner city of East Baltimore. But I was more fortunate than most of the people I grew up with insofar as I obtained a university education. Partly thanks to my mother and certain caring teachers I was introduced to the world of learning; and I took an interest in philosophy, history and literature before I graduated (or even entered) high school. And reading gave access to a world far larger than the ghetto. It probably saved my life.
I got a little exposure to classical music from some of my teachers. But I got more into Literature& Philosophy. It opened up a new world of possibility, a world that should be the birthright of every man, woman and child on earth.
Bonjour Savant. In regards to the background I agree compltely, I am glad and happy you got the chance to visit my city. New Orleans will always be home to me. We were in Hurricane Katrina but if you do not mind I do not wish to discuss the details because it is too painful. We have been to East Baltimore we have seen much worse, shanytowns in the Philippines and Egypt come to mind. Poverty to me is not measured by one's wealth Savant if you have followed our postings you can see what we stand for.

Level 4

Location hidden

#88494 Jan 11, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, your avatar is superb. Is it a photo of your actual piano?
Bonjour Savant, yes this is my concert Grand it is nine feet.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#88495 Jan 11, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Savant. In regards to the background I agree compltely, I am glad and happy you got the chance to visit my city. New Orleans will always be home to me. We were in Hurricane Katrina but if you do not mind I do not wish to discuss the details because it is too painful. We have been to East Baltimore we have seen much worse, shanytowns in the Philippines and Egypt come to mind. Poverty to me is not measured by one's wealth Savant if you have followed our postings you can see what we stand for.
Have you been back to New Orleans since Katrina? Or perhaps that's something you prefer not to discuss. YOu mentioned how painful it is.
YOu did mention success, which you said should be available regardless of background. What counts as success from the perspective of your own values?

Level 4

Location hidden

#88496 Jan 11, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been back to New Orleans since Katrina? Or perhaps that's something you prefer not to discuss. YOu mentioned how painful it is.
YOu did mention success, which you said should be available regardless of background. What counts as success from the perspective of your own values?
Bonsoir Savant, yes I have been. Yes I do believe success should be availible to all people it is a right and not a priviledge. Success for myself means whatever you do in life give your best and never give up. Failure at something is a mere prelude at success. What about you? What does it mean to you?

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#88497 Jan 11, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
You mention being the first in your old New Orleans French family to marry outside your ethnic group, but that attitudes towards this becomes more liberal with each passing generation. You'd never know that from reading some of the venomous posts in Topix. But here I think you're right. I recall a conversation in a little cafe/bookstore here in Bmore in which I happened to have mentoned in passing the time when IR marriages were illegal in Maryland and many other states. A 19 year old white youth reacted with a startled surprise: "What! I was ILLEGAL? Really?" The young fellow's surprise was itself an indication of how times have changed(though I, like most teachers, was a little upset that he didn't know his history. lol!). My I see IR couples among my students fairly often, and it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.
How different from the experiences of a Black friend of mine who teaches Philosophy at Howard University, and who was a 19 when present at the March on Washington in 1963. for over 40 years he has been married to a well educated white lady, and daughter of a well to do liberal state senator. When they were young the caught hell because of their marriage. In the 1970s people with stop and stare, with a mixture of astonishment and disdain, at the sight of an interracial couple. Yet they weathered the storm. Their biracial son, who teaches at MIT, has recently begotten them "triracial" twins.(The son is married to a Chinese girl, a musician like yourself!). They seem to have no trouble up in liberal old Massachusetts.
-- - - _ _ _SELORNAPADEN

Denver, CO

#88498 Jan 12, 2013
STILL THE SAME

LOW INCOME
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A (LESBO) D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T .
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T ..
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T .
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
r
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T

WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T

WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
LOSERS
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
LOSERS
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
LOSERS
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
IS
A
LOSER..

Level 4

Location hidden

#88500 Jan 12, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
You mention being the first in your old New Orleans French family to marry outside your ethnic group, but that attitudes towards this becomes more liberal with each passing generation. You'd never know that from reading some of the venomous posts in Topix. But here I think you're right. I recall a conversation in a little cafe/bookstore here in Bmore in which I happened to have mentoned in passing the time when IR marriages were illegal in Maryland and many other states. A 19 year old white youth reacted with a startled surprise: "What! I was ILLEGAL? Really?" The young fellow's surprise was itself an indication of how times have changed(though I, like most teachers, was a little upset that he didn't know his history. lol!). My I see IR couples among my students fairly often, and it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.
How different from the experiences of a Black friend of mine who teaches Philosophy at Howard University, and who was a 19 when present at the March on Washington in 1963. for over 40 years he has been married to a well educated white lady, and daughter of a well to do liberal state senator. When they were young the caught hell because of their marriage. In the 1970s people with stop and stare, with a mixture of astonishment and disdain, at the sight of an interracial couple. Yet they weathered the storm. Their biracial son, who teaches at MIT, has recently begotten them "triracial" twins.(The son is married to a Chinese girl, a musician like yourself!). They seem to have no trouble up in liberal old Massachusetts.
Bonjour Savant, yes I am but as you mentioned intermarriage in the United States was punishable by prison terms or worse. In regards to my family we are blended some of us are liberal like me and my maman and pere and others like my Taunt who are very conservative in their beliefs. Even if members of my family wished to intermarry they could not have due to the laws in place, please keep in mind that Sora and I are similar at least culturally if not ethnically he has no French ancestry in him his father is Senegalese/Egyptian but we share a common heritage and a country my ancestors came to America from Martinique I am ashamed to say the first generation and the second genereation were slaveowners but the third generation were abolitionists.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#88501 Jan 12, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Savant, yes I am but as you mentioned intermarriage in the United States was punishable by prison terms or worse. In regards to my family we are blended some of us are liberal like me and my maman and pere and others like my Taunt who are very conservative in their beliefs. Even if members of my family wished to intermarry they could not have due to the laws in place, please keep in mind that Sora and I are similar at least culturally if not ethnically he has no French ancestry in him his father is Senegalese/Egyptian but we share a common heritage and a country my ancestors came to America from Martinique I am ashamed to say the first generation and the second genereation were slaveowners but the third generation were abolitionists.
Remarquable, Madame Seraphine. YOur background is interesting. When did your family come from Martinique?
Speaking of Martinique and Senegal, some Francopone writers who I really like come from both countries. I wonder how Sora's Senegalese/Egyptian blend happened. And did the Martinique connection happen with him?

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#88502 Jan 12, 2013
blondegirl214 wrote:
<quoted text> hey savant, how ya doing? btw- i'm still waiting for the schedule re; the book signings :)
Good heavens. I missed your post. Well, I'm trying to work out some speaking engagements connected to the book. And also a conference at my university.
AZGray Fox

Surprise, AZ

#88503 Jan 12, 2013
Black guys lie like a rug, I listened to one telling a beautiful white girl he was a secret agent when in reality he was a security guard ...
Then there was another black guy telling this white girl that he works at the Car dealership, he does and washe's car there ...

“Trump is funny”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#88505 Jan 12, 2013
AZGray Fox wrote:
Black guys lie like a rug, I listened to one telling a beautiful white girl he was a secret agent when in reality he was a security guard ...
Then there was another black guy telling this white girl that he works at the Car dealership, he does and washe's car there ...
he didn't lie he does work at a car dealership they have mechanics,auto preps,salesmen,parts people,service reps etc.

“lifes a bytch”

Level 7

Since: Jul 10

and then you die

#88506 Jan 12, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Blonde, I am of the opinion that musically you are eclectic, if you would be so kind could you tell me please if I am incorrect in stating this observation? Seraphine and I are hardly ever wrong about people, in our line of work reading people is what we do best. Aida was excellent as always, the ending of it naturally is to be expected, in regards to hygiene I take my cue from the Ancient Egyptians.
You Sir; are correct. I pretty much like all kinds of different music; my mood at the time is usually what determines what I choose to listen to. Which is not always helpful, lol :)
The Ancient Eygytians, eh? Hmmm...I don't know much about that- I kinda thought their hygiene wasn't all that up to par; well, until after they were dead; great care was taken then. lol :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Im thankful for... 1 min Cuntrettas next john 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Joy 1,643,572
Are Dominicans Black or Latino? (Sep '08) 14 min UruEuWauWau 978
Happy Thanksgiving, my Human Friends! 21 min Mr nigwhipper 8
The Great White Hope, President Trump Seeks To ... 38 min iamcuriousnow 7
Poll Was Ghana a black Jewish Empire? (Jan '09) 39 min Micha Ben Israel 36
I feel like I can't be with a white guy if he's... 41 min iamcuriousnow 76
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 48 min iamcuriousnow 1,600
Homogeneity Is The ONLY Way To MAGA 1 hr Paul 27
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 3 hr Dixieeland 373