ABC News Host Is Victim Of Racist Tau...

ABC News Host Is Victim Of Racist Taunts In Australia

Posted in the African-American Forum

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#1 Feb 8, 2013
ABC News host Jeremy Fernandez has told of how he restrained himself from punching a woman and blocked his child’s ears during a racist attack on a Sydney bus. Fernandez took to Twitter today to explain how the shocking situation unfolded for 15 minutes when he kept his seat after being subjected to the “racist taunts”.

He tweeted how a nearby female bus passenger called him a “black c**t” and told him to “go back to my country”. After he decided to keep his seat, he then suffered 15 minutes of racial abuse from the woman.“Anyone who says racism is dying is well and truly mistaken,” he tweeted.

He then said the bus driver blamed him for “not moving” from his seat. He recalled the worst part about the situation was that his two-year-old daughter and the woman’s “primary school aged kids” heard every word of the racist attack. The incident has sparked a wave of shock and disgust across social media today, as journalists and Fernandez’s followers expressed their support for him. Fernandez said at one point during the tirade, the driver told him to move to the front of the bus.

He described the decision not to move from his seat as his own “Rosa Parks moment”.“I thought I could move and then I had a flashback to a very famous case of a woman on a bus in the US, a black woman, who was told to give up her seat,” Fernandez told ABC radio.“And I thought no, I’m having my own Rosa Parks moment, I’m not moving from this seat because it has turned into a racial issue.“I said I’m not going anywhere, I’ve just been called a black c-word, I am not going anywhere, I’ve not done anything wrong, I have a right to sit here, I’m going to stay here.”

Fernandez said he felt he had to “hold his nerve” for the sake of his daughter.“All I could think at the time was just hold your nerve, my little girl is with me, she needs to see a strong father right now,” he said. He said he restrained himself from punching the woman in the face because he knew that “would not be the smart, nor the right thing to do”. He told the ABC he realised he had to “just sit here and cop it”. He said he had his arm cradled around his daughter during the incident to block her ears from the abuse, he said.

Read more at http://bossip.com/723966/elsewhere-in-the-wor...

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#2 Feb 8, 2013
I guess they saw the black in him lol.
clutch

UK

#3 Feb 8, 2013
who cares?

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 8, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
there's a lot of racism in australia against south and southeast asians, and muslims. they've had some pretty serious race riots there against these people.
Delusional

Venezuela

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Sad this is still happening, maybe if she had been nicer, he would have given her his seat and what about the other men on the bus, was he the only one? Why didn't she ask one of them? I guess they were white. The lady was rude and should have been thrown off the bus for creating a disturbance.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#6 Feb 8, 2013
clutch wrote:
who cares?
You did, thats why you clicked on it. All the way from the UK.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#7 Feb 8, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
there's a lot of racism in australia against south and southeast asians, and muslims. they've had some pretty serious race riots there against these people.
And the natives their as well.
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Feb 8, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
Pierre

He looks Indian to me; he's nice looking!

Very Sad!

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Harper G wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue on when to use 'there' or 'their', do you?
No's boss. I'sa mess up's sometimez. We's human, feel'n me??
GamerX

Akron, OH

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Australians arent true racist, its like baby racism. I have seen and felt true racism and the australians are laughable. Im like is that the best you got. Im pretty sure we black people could kick everyones arse on that continent, i here they fight like sissy's. And they talk funny.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 8, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>And the natives their as well.
i think many white people feel like they under siege everywhere, including europe.
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>No's boss. I'sa mess up's sometimez. We's human, feel'n me??
Pierre

I mean really why would Maceo even mention it?

http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.h...

Here's a test to help you!
Sadbutrue

Woodbridge, VA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>No's boss. I'sa mess up's sometimez. We's human, feel'n me??
Oh well, I took the test and missed 2 of the questions! LMAO
TheEye

New York, NY

#15 Feb 8, 2013
Aussies arent known to be the most sophisticated people.

Theyre the decendants of Brit criminal trash

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#16 Feb 8, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i think many white people feel like they under siege everywhere, including europe.
Their population is shrinking. I stay in the south, and they are slightly scared with all these brown people walking around them. They know their time is up. They dont want to be what our ancestors were, or treated like them either.

“sly as a fox”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Over the Rhine

#17 Feb 8, 2013
many white people(especially males but not exclusively so)are extremely insecure and feel threatened because they are losing power and control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min positronium 1,433,588
"korryn gaines was a hero" 10 min undercoverboss2016 30
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 16 min barefoot2626 722
To Tiki Tiki AKA Marcus Washington 20 min Drilling for the ... 7
where are Hillary's immigrants gonna work? 26 min MeSo 9
Poll Are unattractive women lonely as a rule (Feb '09) 28 min Drilling for the ... 105
News 1936 Olympians receive overdue recognition at W... 30 min MeSo 3
MSNBC: Trump won 49 min dcool 109
Another brother shot 55 min dcool 28
Why did they Nuked Japan but not Germany??? 1 hr dcool 304
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Operator13 48,994
IR at the walmart 4 hr FABULICIOUS 88
More from around the web