Black women and customer service?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ameeka

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 22, 2010
Do you think black women are cut out for customer service jobs? We seem to not be so great at customer service. We seem to mean mug each other and get short with each other. Why can't we be nicer to one another??

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 22, 2010
Ameeka wrote:
Do you think black women are cut out for customer service jobs? We seem to not be so great at customer service. We seem to mean mug each other and get short with each other. Why can't we be nicer to one another??
What's the alternative Tyrone the thug?

I really feel that a lot of times these jobs take the lesser of two evils. Yes. These Ghetto azz Black women are horrible, horrible, horrible customer service reps. But I believe the managers would still rather have a few customer complaints. Than to deal with what they believe to be Black Male Thugs working for them.

Level 4

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#4 Jun 22, 2010
Ameeka wrote:
Do you think black women are cut out for customer service jobs? We seem to not be so great at customer service. We seem to mean mug each other and get short with each other. Why can't we be nicer to one another??
I can't say. I've heard all sorts of stories about how black women make bad customer service employees, but I've never encountered any disrespect from them where I live. If you're not a people person, regardless of race, than don't take any jobs that involve interacting with others.
Ameeka

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jun 23, 2010
MumRa wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the alternative Tyrone the thug?
I really feel that a lot of times these jobs take the lesser of two evils. Yes. These Ghetto azz Black women are horrible, horrible, horrible customer service reps. But I believe the managers would still rather have a few customer complaints. Than to deal with what they believe to be Black Male Thugs working for them.
I think you are correct on your assessment but you know, I've never had issues with black men in customer service jobs. They are always nice and courteous and even chatty. Maybe it's because I'm a woman. I dunno but the males are excellent. The only time I have had issues with black men in customer service is when they are fags. Fags act like the women. I dunno, black women just seem so mean in customer service and they are quick to get defensive. I've gone out of my way to remain nice as a customer and was still getting dissed.
Meeka

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 23, 2010
Nerdtician wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say. I've heard all sorts of stories about how black women make bad customer service employees, but I've never encountered any disrespect from them where I live. If you're not a people person, regardless of race, than don't take any jobs that involve interacting with others.
I'm really glad to hear of your great experiences where you live. I dunno, I jus wish we was nicer to each other. That's the way I was taught and other races treat us so bad we really need to make the effort to be pleasant to each other. You know what I mean.
african

Memphis, TN

#7 Jun 23, 2010
Ameeka wrote:
Do you think black women are cut out for customer service jobs? We seem to not be so great at customer service. We seem to mean mug each other and get short with each other. Why can't we be nicer to one another??
if you are talking about aa women than no!you guys are so mean and nasty toward each other and other race of women. i always wonder why african american women are so mean and nasty.
Meeka

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 23, 2010
african wrote:
<quoted text>if you are talking about aa women than no!you guys are so mean and nasty toward each other and other race of women. i always wonder why african american women are so mean and nasty.
While I have to say we all aren't like that there are just too many of us that is. If I notice it then I know other races take note as well. I just don't get it. Are that many black women that unhappy to the point they have to take their anger out on EVERYONE! I had to call a customer service number the other and I got this sister who was nasty and acted like I was wasting her time and on top of it all I was soooo overly nice even though she was being nasty. On another occasion I had to ask my HR rep at my job a question and she was all nasty and defensive. I don't get it. Even in places like McDonalds sometimes black women or black girls is so awful! I use to work in a customer service job and every time I took a call I smiled and people could tell. It made them feel so good and certainly made the conversation smooth. I just wish we was nicer to one another and others also.
Meeka

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jun 23, 2010
Hunter Stew wrote:
BW have nasty attitudes for the most part. They are the worst possible customer service reps you can imagine. They are good at some things though, like receiving welfur and being mounted by their jobless loser boyfriends.
That's an awful thing to say you racist!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Jun 23, 2010
Clearly, black women are more suited to professions like prostitution, strippers, AIDS storage and dissemination, and for human medical trials.

Almost any black women who is visible to the public outside of the vocations list above is a detriment to her employer and an offense to most people.

The only thing more disgusting than a black woman is a black man, and they don't work at all, so this discussion doesn't apply.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 23, 2010
Chimps Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry just got done jacking off. I'm an insecure white monkey who can't get a woman. I spend most of my time on here insulting blacks because it's the only way I can make myself feel better. The Benzos and Prozac have become ineffective so this is my best means of therapy. I really hate blacks though. They seem to be happier than I am. I hate happy people.
My Axis I Diagnosis was Schizophrenia with Inbred Type
My Axis II Diagnosis was Major Depression
My Axis III Diagnosis was phucked up shithead.
My history of meds include Xanax, Klonopin, Prozac, Cymbalta, Haldol, Heroin, Meth, Coke. I just really hate myself. The other day I met a black woman with two Master degrees and it made me feel like sh*t. I mean I'm white, I'm suppose to be more smart right? I mean I only got a 9th grade education and she had two Masters!! WTF. I was balling my eyes in my therapists office. I mean I 'm a bag of sh*t! It's not suppose to be like this!
Let's see... An unregistered poster, scamming my nick, with a "United States" address and no picture. I'm sure lots of people will be fooled by your clever little game. Behold, the simian brain.

“Made In America”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

United States

#15 Jun 23, 2010
Ameeka wrote:
Do you think black women are cut out for customer service jobs? We seem to not be so great at customer service. We seem to mean mug each other and get short with each other. Why can't we be nicer to one another??
I Prefer to talk to Black Women when it comes to Customer Service because, they are much more Smoother and know how to handle things under Pressure you "Idiot"....

“Made In America”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

United States

#17 Jun 23, 2010
ChimpsOut wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... An unregistered poster, scamming my nick, with a "United States" address and no picture. I'm sure lots of people will be fooled by your clever little game. Behold, the simian brain.
Damn, you just go Served "Fool"....

Level 4

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#18 Jun 23, 2010
Meeka wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really glad to hear of your great experiences where you live. I dunno, I jus wish we was nicer to each other. That's the way I was taught and other races treat us so bad we really need to make the effort to be pleasant to each other. You know what I mean.
Thanks Meeka. I don't know why some black women can be so mean and catty towards each other but not all black women are their enemies. It's like a constant competition to see who's better than the other black women and they hate black women like you who appear to have no worries about life.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Jun 23, 2010
nativeblac wrote:
<quoted text> Damn, you just go Served "Fool"....
Fool is a real word. You don't have to put it in little bunny ears.
Chimps Out

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jun 23, 2010
ChimpsOut wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... An unregistered poster, scamming my nick, with a "United States" address and no picture. I'm sure lots of people will be fooled by your clever little game. Behold, the simian brain.
Sorry this was my other personality. Oh yeah I have multiple personalities too. Sometimes my other personality kicks in and types things. It's really weird. I have about 6 or 8 multiple personalities. Just like the movie Identity which John Cusack was in. Always us white boys. Sometimes I wish I were black instead of white. Black people can handle stress a bit better. I'm getting depressed just typing this. Better go take my Prozac, Buspar, Klonopin and Haldol.
Chimps Out

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jun 23, 2010
ChimpsOut wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool is a real word. You don't have to put it in little bunny ears.
I was running around with little bunny ears on ealier today. Thought I was a playboy bunny. Oh yeah that's my other personality. Umm.....but yeah don't put bunny ears around Fool...put bunny ears on me....tee hee...that's when I become TinkerBell.

“Made In America”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

United States

#22 Jun 23, 2010
ChimpsOut wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool is a real word. You don't have to put it in little bunny ears.
Well; the joke is on you as if you didn't know that...

Silly Little Rabbit....

“Made In America”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

United States

#23 Jun 23, 2010
ChimpsOut wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool is a real word. You don't have to put it in little bunny ears.
Damn, that sucks' someone has your number....LOL

“Made In America”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

United States

#24 Jun 23, 2010
LOL, I will be laughing on my way to Work this evening....LOL
african

Memphis, TN

#27 Jun 23, 2010
Meeka wrote:
<quoted text>
While I have to say we all aren't like that there are just too many of us that is. If I notice it then I know other races take note as well. I just don't get it. Are that many black women that unhappy to the point they have to take their anger out on EVERYONE! I had to call a customer service number the other and I got this sister who was nasty and acted like I was wasting her time and on top of it all I was soooo overly nice even though she was being nasty. On another occasion I had to ask my HR rep at my job a question and she was all nasty and defensive. I don't get it. Even in places like McDonalds sometimes black women or black girls is so awful! I use to work in a customer service job and every time I took a call I smiled and people could tell. It made them feel so good and certainly made the conversation smooth. I just wish we was nicer to one another and others also.
i dont understan it at all life is not that bad. i'm a nurse even the aa women who need my help at hospital are very mean and nasty.it is a very bad move to ask for help and be nasty about it. sure othe race of women can be mean too but aa women are just to much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tattoo Forum! 8 min ninja 8
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min ACTUALLY 1,216,684
"JOHNNY" why did early foreign born white sett... 25 min Nikki 9
Afronazis support white supremacist "Aryan Inva... 30 min African AE 804
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 39 min God loves Whites 123,645
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 47 min African AE 115,126
News Confessions of a black atheist 50 min Tinka 309
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 3 hr Maro 32,503
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 3 hr Redefined 33,474
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 4 hr Miguel is the man 727
More from around the web