Can IR Blacks be Pro-Black?
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#27 Jun 10, 2014
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks have low self esteem, especially BW being the furthest from the Eurocentric standard of beauty. It is not healthy for BM who have chosen to buy into Eurocentric beauty standards to be leaders in the pro-Black movement. As for IRBW, I also don't think they should have any kind of prominent role!
The man is the leader and his female partner accepts his leadership, or it is assumed by other sin society that she has. So IRBW represent BW who have chosen to uphold white Supremacy by choosing white men to lead them and guide them. So of course we don't want women who preach Black Power! and then go home to be led by a white man.
What say you?

My point is that you and others are indexing one's eligibility to contribute to the advancement of an entire race of people based on their romantic affiliation and choices. In a theoretically perfect world we would all be lovingly paired up with each other in amorous lock step, but that is not our reality.

Undergirding most of our collective issues are our lack of ECONOMICS, not who's fcking or married to whom. The issue of bw's low self esteem can be largely attributed to our lack of control over the propagation of our images and narratives that affects how they see their image and beauty; as well as how some black men view them as well juxtaposed to the propagated images of others standards of beauty.

What you are suggesting is that if some brother who is in or near the seats of power and can aid in the renaissance of our people politically and economically, but he happens to be paired up with a non black, that they should be excluded as a resource in our efforts. I would not be overly concerned with the potential duplicity of such a person because none of his actions would be permitted to be unilateral and they would be subject to the checks and balances that would be in place as we progressed towards our objectives. I am not unsympathetic to your concerns; but you are way too myopic in your hypothetical; we need to be rebuilt from the ground up, not from the IR statistics up.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#28 Jun 10, 2014
big daddy oreo wrote:
I would prefer to be black skinned in a confrontation with a black person.
Not if you live in Chicago like I do. You would rather be anything but black in certain Chicago hoods. Your theory you been pushing about going undercover could end in tragedy for you if it was possible. I am not speaking bad about my fellow black Chicagoans I am just telling you give up your dreams of going undercover. You don't want to be black skinned especially in gang infested Chicago.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29 Jun 10, 2014
Hater Of Cave Bitches wrote:
Traitors who consort with white devils aren’t to be trusted. Like the devils, they should be seen as potentially dangerous enemies. One always needs to be on guard whenever devils or their lackeys are present.
Burn all cave hos!

Location hidden

#30 Jun 10, 2014
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that you and others are indexing one's eligibility to contribute to the advancement of an entire race of people based on their romantic affiliation and choices. In a theoretically perfect world we would all be lovingly paired up with each other in amorous lock step, but that is not our reality.
Undergirding most of our collective issues are our lack of ECONOMICS, not who's fcking or married to whom. The issue of bw's low self esteem can be largely attributed to our lack of control over the propagation of our images and narratives that affects how they see their image and beauty; as well as how some black men view them as well juxtaposed to the propagated images of others standards of beauty.
What you are suggesting is that if some brother who is in or near the seats of power and can aid in the renaissance of our people politically and economically, but he happens to be paired up with a non black, that they should be excluded as a resource in our efforts. I would not be overly concerned with the potential duplicity of such a person because none of his actions would be permitted to be unilateral and they would be subject to the checks and balances that would be in place as we progressed towards our objectives. I am not unsympathetic to your concerns; but you are way too myopic in your hypothetical; we need to be rebuilt from the ground up, not from the IR statistics up.
They can play a role but not be leaders, Black women resent and disrespect IRBM. For every IRBM we choose as a leader, 1000s of BW will be lost to our cause. That's why leaders must be "likeable".
Level 7

Location hidden

#31 Jun 10, 2014
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
They can play a role but not be leaders, Black women resent and disrespect IRBM. For every IRBM we choose as a leader, 1000s of BW will be lost to our cause. That's why leaders must be "likeable".
LOL!

It's a hypothetical movement conceived in your mind, so I guess you reserve the right to write the rules. However, I don't think that I would want to be a part of a movement where who you were banging trumped leadership skills and ability to effectuate change, but such are the powers of creative, fictional writing.....lol

Location hidden

#32 Jun 10, 2014
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
It's a hypothetical movement conceived in your mind, so I guess you reserve the right to write the rules. However, I don't think that I would want to be a part of a movement where who you were banging trumped leadership skills and ability to effectuate change, but such are the powers of creative, fictional writing.....lol
I'm sure any politician will tell you the electorate doesn't ignore your sexual choices, that's why many gay politicans hide their preference and why Jackie Kennedy, Nancy Reagan and Michelle Obama are almost as famous as their husbands :)

Location hidden

#33 Jun 10, 2014
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
But seriously, do you think AAW would support and be led by a BM with a white woman by his side? Have you seen the poison they have started writing about Kanye? I read an interview where Tyrese Gibson was complaining that BW have "disowned" him and stopped supporting his endeavours ever since he publicly dated a white woman.
Do you think AAW would want leadership from an IRBM?
Level 7

Location hidden

#34 Jun 10, 2014
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
But seriously, do you think AAW would support and be led by a BM with a white woman by his side? Have you seen the poison they have started writing about Kanye? I read an interview where Tyrese Gibson was complaining that BW have "disowned" him and stopped supporting his endeavours ever since he publicly dated a white woman.
Do you think AAW would want leadership from an IRBM?
Stone, " if you build it they will come. " If black men were to build a vibrant economic infrastructure to acquire a larger share of the world's resources, it would not be a question of "IF" black women would follow, they would have no choice but to follow, lest they received romantic asylum elsewhere amongst other men; and since men are the hunters and gathers of resources of any given society, sisters who declined to follow would simply be left to their own devices to survive. So while I am not being dismissive of the prominence of a woman's role in the happiness of lives of men, such considerations like yours would not loom large in the scheme of things.
BM Moving ON

Richmond Hill, Canada

#35 Jun 10, 2014
I think only BM who are in IR can be pro-black not BW who are in IR. Men are the ones who lead for the most part and their women follow. A Black man having mixed kids can still lead and teach those kids to be pro-black. And since those kids usually look Black anyways, there will be no questioning them.

But if a BW has a mixed kid with a WM for example, the WM will not allow that child to be pro Black as he is the head of the house. WM/BW can only create confused anti Black children. And since most BW in IR do it for teh wrong reasons (i.e. getting back at BM, Wanting kids with good hear, light skin etc), this automatically denies them of being pro-black anyway. You never hear that from a BM with a mixed kid. You never hear him talking about how his daughter has good hear now or she is light skinned etc.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#36 Jun 10, 2014
Cogito2 wrote:
Depends on what you mean and how you define "Pro Black. " I think it overly simplistic to qualify or disqualify someone based on the binary criteria of whether or not their romantic partner is black or non black; because their being IR does not accurately summarize their passion, commitment and efforts to advance the interest of an entire race of people.
Fredrick Douglass would have to qualified as an IRBM, but he labored tirelessly on behalf of blacks despite his IR involvement. The late Maya Angelou was an IR dater but her advocacy on behalf of blacks and black women in particular is beyond reproach We all individually are but pieces of the jig saw puzzle, and our personal lives, if IR, and our commitment to the group are not NECESSARILY mutually exclusive.
Our commitment to OUR group may not be mutually exclusive all of the time, but it appears that in MOST cases the IR dynamic is beneficial for Blacks NONE of the time...not in ways that REALLY matter. All we get to do is "brag" that we're not romantically linked with our own (smh).

You have to bear in mind when Frederick Douglas assumed a second wife after becoming a widower, he remarried a Caucasian woman, however, she contributed NOTHING toward his struggle, much less the struggle of women who happened to be Black. But when it came down to that bullsh!t [white] Women's Suffrage movement, a crusade that Douglas's white wife was very much associated with, Douglas was FRONT LINE FREDDIE...all day, all in the fray...LOLOLOL!!! But where was his white wife regarding issues pertaining to him, or the WOMEN of his ethnicity??? She was nowhere.

Location hidden

#37 Jun 10, 2014
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stone, " if you build it they will come. " If black men were to build a vibrant economic infrastructure to acquire a larger share of the world's resources, it would not be a question of "IF" black women would follow, they would have no choice but to follow, lest they received romantic asylum elsewhere amongst other men; and since men are the hunters and gathers of resources of any given society, sisters who declined to follow would simply be left to their own devices to survive. So while I am not being dismissive of the prominence of a woman's role in the happiness of lives of men, such considerations like yours would not loom large in the scheme of things.
You can be a lieutenant colonel in the finance department of my hypothetical organization. Nobody gets paid, we do this out of passion and love for our race, Brother Cog :)
Ugh

Aurora, CO

#38 Jun 10, 2014
BM Moving ON wrote:
I think only BM who are in IR can be pro-black not BW who are in IR. Men are the ones who lead for the most part and their women follow. A Black man having mixed kids can still lead and teach those kids to be pro-black. And since those kids usually look Black anyways, there will be no questioning them.
But if a BW has a mixed kid with a WM for example, the WM will not allow that child to be pro Black as he is the head of the house. WM/BW can only create confused anti Black children. And since most BW in IR do it for teh wrong reasons (i.e. getting back at BM, Wanting kids with good hear, light skin etc), this automatically denies them of being pro-black anyway. You never hear that from a BM with a mixed kid. You never hear him talking about how his daughter has good hear now or she is light skinned etc.
Excellent commentary!!

The BW in an IR cannot help the Black Race no more than a White Man can. She can't steer her kids to be pro-Black without the WM having a say about that. And like BM Moving On said, the Man is the Head.

So, you see here folks, the IRBW really have no room to say s**** about the IRBM. He can make kids with every nationality in the world and those kids will be BLACK......through bones mind, body and soul!

Why?

Because of the BM!!!

Now, how can the IRBW talk s***? On what grounds? She has no damn Race once she leave her Race!!!

She's essentially a gotdamn vagabond! A Woman rootless from her Race. Do you know what they call Women like that?

Sex Slave! A Whore!

“Sleep is My Sanctuary”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#39 Jun 10, 2014
We can be whatever we wish. Who's stopping us?
BM Moving ON

Newmarket, Canada

#40 Jun 10, 2014
Yup, not a single IRBW can say that she can raise pro-black children because the Man will not allow her to do that, especially, if he is White.

A Black man can raise his kids to be pro-black even though they are mixed.

This is why WM/BW rates are always going to be low compared to BM/WW rates. White men know that the kids that are born will be BLACK! He is insecure about this. Most men want kids that look like them in someway.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#41 Jun 10, 2014
BM Moving ON wrote:

I am curious.

Other pro groups that adhere to that philosophy do NOT condone children from biracial unions or spouses.

So why is it ok for black people to claim to be pro black yet have a white spouse and biracial children?

That's an oxymoron.

https://www.google.com/search...

Watch the clip from I'm Gonna Get You Sucka about a "pro black" man with his "pro black" family.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#42 Jun 10, 2014
Jubilant Sleep wrote:
We can be whatever we wish. Who's stopping us?
Good question, but some people were already defeated before they even began.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

#43 Jun 10, 2014
BM Moving ON wrote:
Yup, not a single IRBW can say that she can raise pro-black children because the Man will not allow her to do that, especially, if he is White.
A Black man can raise his kids to be pro-black even though they are mixed.
This is why WM/BW rates are always going to be low compared to BM/WW rates. White men know that the kids that are born will be BLACK! He is insecure about this. Most men want kids that look like them in someway.
IRBM Can't raise black children get over it, They are born Mixed not black. When you call mixed race children black its an insult to me, other black people/children and other African/Caribbean countries. Keep your mixed race children in their own mixed heritage don't mix them up with our precious black children, Keep your slave mentality to yourself.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#44 Jun 10, 2014
Transition wrote:
<quoted text>IRBM Can't raise black children get over it, They are born Mixed not black. When you call mixed race children black its an insult to me, other black people/children and other African/Caribbean countries. Keep your mixed race children in their own mixed heritage don't mix them up with our precious black children, Keep your slave mentality to yourself.
All children are precious in the eyes of God. Race won't change that.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

#45 Jun 10, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
All children are precious in the eyes of God. Race won't change that.
I never said they weren't.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#46 Jun 10, 2014
Transition wrote:
<quoted text>I never said they weren't.
You stated: Keep your mixed race children in their own mixed heritage don't mix them up with our precious black children, Keep your slave mentality to yourself.

~~

Was it implied?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He's Right Ya Know 7 min GhanaUSA 1
The Moors, Egyptians and Phoenicians were not b... (Jun '14) 7 min trollslayer 1,649
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min USAsince1680 1,402,942
Yes, I am a self hating black woman. (Feb '11) 18 min Jabari12 458
Bbm pins 2016 24 min u make me laugh 9
Dallas Shooter wrote "RB" in blood 24 min bluestreak returns 285
Why are black trannys scary ? 31 min Bavarian 2
News Black therapist with hands up shot by cops whil... 1 hr Sicklecell Supporter 146
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr Black Power 47,268
More from around the web