Can You Be Pro-Black And Be In An IR ...

Can You Be Pro-Black And Be In An IR Relationship?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 42
Next Last

“Down for the Sistas”

Level 1

Since: Mar 10

Smithtown, NY

#1 Mar 21, 2010
Someone asked me this question yesterday and I thought it was simple but you know, I want to hear from others about this.

Level 2

Since: Sep 07

Ann Arbor

#2 Mar 21, 2010
BrazenTruth wrote:
Someone asked me this question yesterday and I thought it was simple but you know, I want to hear from others about this.
I think you can be, i'm married to a non-black man, the better question should be will other ppl allow you to be pro-black if you are in a IR relationship?

“HU! You Know!!!”

Level 3

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 21, 2010
simple: no
being pro black means you a for the advancement of blacks, for the building of the black community and black family, etc

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 21, 2010
_minnie_ wrote:
simple: no
being pro black means you a for the advancement of blacks, for the building of the black community and black family, etc
Ima agree with this statement.

“Play at your own risk !!!!”

Level 3

Since: Oct 08

Cleveland, Ohio

#5 Mar 21, 2010
I believe you can be pro black and have a white love interest. Pro black only means that you promote the well being of your race.
AfricanPride

Toronto, Canada

#6 Mar 21, 2010
Lisa-Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you can be, i'm married to a non-black man, the better question should be will other ppl allow you to be pro-black if you are in a IR relationship?
Then you are not pro Black.

Pro Black means advocating for Black success, Black families, Black love, Black progression. If you are married to a non Black, YOU CAN NEVER BE PROBLACK SINCE YOU DON'T HOLD TO THE TENETS OF BLACK UNITY.

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Kingston, Canada

#8 Mar 21, 2010
I've seen it!
Kashta_Bureh

Norwalk, CA

#9 Mar 21, 2010
BrazenTruth wrote:
Someone asked me this question yesterday and I thought it was simple but you know, I want to hear from others about this.
Here is my short answer to your question: HELL NO.

If you can't marry and have children with someone of your own race don't talk about Black unity, because you are Black DISUNITY, aka sell out, that goes for Black men and women alike.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 Mar 21, 2010
Kashta_Bureh wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my short answer to your question: HELL NO.
If you can't marry and have children with someone of your own race don't talk about Black unity, because you are Black DISUNITY, aka sell out, that goes for Black men and women alike.
Like this statement even better!!!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 21, 2010
F--K TO THE NAH!!!

Whether Black man or Black woman,

You rollin with us or you rollin with them.

Simple as that.

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Kingston, Canada

#12 Mar 21, 2010
Kashta_Bureh wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my short answer to your question: HELL NO.
If you can't marry and have children with someone of your own race don't talk about Black unity, because you are Black DISUNITY, aka sell out, that goes for Black men and women alike.
lol

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#13 Mar 21, 2010
Better question...what if they married a person who was half black or 1/4 black...are they pro black then

“HU! You Know!!!”

Level 3

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#14 Mar 21, 2010
Kashta_Bureh wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my short answer to your question: HELL NO.
If you can't marry and have children with someone of your own race don't talk about Black unity, because you are Black DISUNITY, aka sell out, that goes for Black men and women alike.
AfricanPride wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are not pro Black.
Pro Black means advocating for Black success, Black families, Black love, Black progression. If you are married to a non Black, YOU CAN NEVER BE PROBLACK SINCE YOU DON'T HOLD TO THE TENETS OF BLACK UNITY.
best answers
Tye Wilkerson T Sexy

Durham, NC

#15 Mar 21, 2010
Zimbobeauty wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Zimbo,wasss sup girl havent spoke to u in a while.How things going????

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#16 Mar 21, 2010
mindgames wrote:
I believe you can be pro black and have a white love interest. Pro black only means that you promote the well being of your race.
what beter way to promote the well being of your race by commiting genetic annihilation?

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#17 Mar 21, 2010
AlwaysOnPoint wrote:
F--K TO THE NAH!!!
Whether Black man or Black woman,
You rollin with us or you rollin with them.
Simple as that.
exactly!!!!!!!!
cant be rollin back n forth lol

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

London, UK

#18 Mar 21, 2010
No.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 21, 2010
AfricanPride wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are not pro Black.
Pro Black means advocating for Black success, Black families, Black love, Black progression. If you are married to a non Black, YOU CAN NEVER BE PROBLACK SINCE YOU DON'T HOLD TO THE TENETS OF BLACK UNITY.
I disagree.

Yes, you can definitely be for the advancement of Black people as a whole and be in an IR relationship. Upholding the so-called "tenets of Black Unity" I'm sure means respecting another Black persons choice as an individual as well.

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Kingston, Canada

#20 Mar 21, 2010
Swade wrote:
Better question...what if they married a person who was half black or 1/4 black...are they pro black then
lol i was going to ask that

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Kingston, Canada

#21 Mar 21, 2010
Tye Wilkerson T Sexy wrote:
<quoted text>Zimbo,wasss sup girl havent spoke to u in a while.How things going????
pretty good semesters almost over thank God lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 42
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wealthy Whites moving OUT of CA, blacks to Africa. 2 min T-BOS 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,683,258
Racist White People on MLK Day. 3 min KIP 97
ttt is not white 6 min Ttt 13
The SEALED RECORDS of MLK & Obama? 6 min Captain MAGA 1
What would u do if u found out u had a black an... 10 min Ttt 21
BOLO for Tommy Xavier Hoffman 21 min Dept of justice 3
Obama was a powerless failed dimwit. 26 min Denigrade 30
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 46 min General Kabaka Oba 234
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 2 hr Harrisson 117
My Brothas in Baltimore are Holding it DOWN!!!! 2 hr Harrisson 251
More from around the web