Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#16409 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.

Better get your shit straight loser because MOST people identify gays as being a danger to children now.
For centuries MOST people thought the earth was flat. Try using facts instead of outdated public opinion.....lemming.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16410 Feb 6, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
What you posted is ridiculous......lides was discussing multiple adults with regards to marriage and you bring children into the discussion which is NOT the same....why?
If you want to call someone screaming "you can't count!" a rational discussion.

It's the same as some moron screaming "you can't tell a man from a woman!" as a rational discussion against SSM.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16411 Feb 6, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie finally puts forth a valid claim. Let's ignore his irrelevant BS. Anyone too stupid to count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two isn't worth debating anyway. Responding to him just rewards their idiotic tactic of obfuscating the thread.
"Let's ignore Frankie" lides proposed, as a dodge because he had no argument.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#16412 Feb 6, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Marriage was created so children may be raised in a home by their mother and father. Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless.
Run to the video store and buy all the "Leave It To Beaver" episodes you can. Also, you can look for "Lassie" and "Father Knows Best." That should keep you well grounded in your delusional world;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#16413 Feb 6, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>When are you going to quit with that charade? They are the same if a STR8 couple get divorce...or a guy says ........see ya to his g/f if she gets pregnant. Then don't leave out the child that gets physically abused by the parents.....the list goes on.....
Let's not forget the children in orphanages, foster homes and (horror) on the streets that would love to have a stable home without abuse and negligence. Those that just wish someone would care.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#16414 Feb 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the Court’s argument is dedicated to the original meaning of the Constitution’s religion clauses, but also noteworthy is its passing comment on the basis of the law in question, a basis that the Court at that time apparently found unquestionably legitimate:“Polygamy has always been odious among the northern and western nations of Europe ... and from the earliest history of England polygamy has been treated as an offense against society.”
Reynolds has never been overturned and indeed has been cited as an authority by the modern Supreme Court. In it the Court tells us straightforwardly the basis of laws prohibiting polygamy: moral disapproval of the practice.
- See more at: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/04/972...
And yet, the bible is chock FULL of polygamy.....go figure.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16415 Feb 6, 2014
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Run to the video store and buy all the "Leave It To Beaver" episodes you can. Also, you can look for "Lassie" and "Father Knows Best." That should keep you well grounded in your delusional world;0)
Watching an old Leave it to Beaver episode is better than xanax for stress relief. Try it sometime!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16416 Feb 6, 2014
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're telling us this because....?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#16417 Feb 6, 2014
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen that show, not that particular episode. Did you know that TWICE as many young girls are molested as young boys??? All by grown MEN. Does that tell you anything, anything at all?
Perhaps you think a 55 year old man arranging for sex with a 14 year old girl is just a normal "heterosexual" encounter.
Pedophiles are pedophiles, they are attracted to underage CHILDREN. Period. Adults with other consenting adults is fine by me....as long as no one gets hurt. CHILDREN of both genders get hurt and two thirds of them are girls. Pedophilia has nothing to do with the normal attraction between adults.
Pedophilia is in a class by itself and it is a crime. ALWAYS.
Anecdotally, I would say that the average straight man has more interest in a teen-aged girl than the average gay man has in teen-age boys. I'm not saying the straight men are likely to act in a bad way on their attraction. But if you listen to men talking about the women passing by on the street, they're pretty unashamedly attracted to youth.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Level 1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16418 Feb 6, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot and a game player.
I never mentioned a post dipshit.
Fact is if I was a God fearing Christian I couldn't open a business given the fear I'd have over offending some queer who'd manipulate a law made for real discrimination should I not bake some gay couple a cake or tell them as a photographer I could not take a picture of the both of them in the nude rubbing on each other over fear I'd get sued - and they might win.
Whining??? You mean like gays do daily???
LOL!!
I see. So you don't want to open a public business because you might have to sell your services to people you don't like based solely on the fact that they have characteristics you don't share. Got it. That's probably a wise choice.

Level 1

Location hidden

#16419 Feb 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's common knowledge and proven in court that Sandusky was a pedophile, not a "homosexual pedophile" nor a "heterosexual pedophile", just a pedophile.
The spin is when you put the "heterosexual" label on him.
That's a statement of fact. You can call it a spin all you want, but it doesn't alter its accuracy. And the point was made because ANOTHER poster claimed he was a "homosexual pedophile", which he is not. The post was for clarification, not spin.

Don't let facts get in the way of your nonsense posts Frizzy.

Level 1

Location hidden

#16420 Feb 6, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie finally puts forth a valid claim. Let's ignore his irrelevant BS. Anyone too stupid to count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two isn't worth debating anyway. Responding to him just rewards their idiotic tactic of obfuscating the thread.
Agreed.

Level 1

Location hidden

#16421 Feb 6, 2014
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't include "Lassie". It centered around a single mom and her child. Obviously that child should have been taken away from her, at least in Brian_G's world.

Level 1

Location hidden

#16422 Feb 6, 2014
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also filled with genocide, incest, prostitution, and rape. It's disgusting.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16423 Feb 6, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a statement of fact. You can call it a spin all you want, but it doesn't alter its accuracy. And the point was made because ANOTHER poster claimed he was a "homosexual pedophile", which he is not. The post was for clarification, not spin.
Don't let facts get in the way of your nonsense posts Frizzy.
In other words you agree with me but just had a cute little momentary hissyfit as you are wont to do.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#16424 Feb 6, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also filled with genocide, incest, prostitution, and rape. It's disgusting.
So are you.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#16425 Feb 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching an old Leave it to Beaver episode is better than xanax for stress relief. Try it sometime!
No thank you, I prefer reality and neither Leave it to Beaverland or Xanax provide that.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#16426 Feb 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw go on! You know I want it for everyone, Mr Silly! My example of three gay men takes away all your silly objections such as forced baby marriage. Do you respond intelligently? Of course not, you're a dope.
So the objections are gone for EVERYONE? Are you stupid, or what?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#16427 Feb 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're telling us this because....?
Because this is a religious thread and there's no WTF? icon.......
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#16428 Feb 6, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Still using that? Using your lack of logic, a husband and wife couldn't have children because they would then become more than 2. Can't be giving those families all those 'greater protections.' You're dumber than a shoe.
They aren't married to their children, stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RiccardoFire 1,509,964
Negroes and Politics...Hilarious! 7 min We wuz kangs 4
News Massachusetts Democrats waging resistance to Pr... 16 min slick willie expl... 72
White men are the solution for the single black... 17 min The Power Of Mast... 181
why do black men hate white men so much (Oct '15) 23 min Paul 76
ugly monkey has a job 24 min uglys mom 1
Why CNN white females hate white men so much 37 min Kip 9
Blacks and Tipping 58 min Kip 56
Global Warming is caused by white people. 2 hr KyleMackey 25
I'm a married white women having sex with Black... (Jun '10) 14 hr misfit 0676 205
News Rolly: Black is beautiful, as long as you're a ... 15 hr Spotted Girl 35
More from around the web