Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments (Page 759)

Showing posts 15,161 - 15,180 of17,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you notice that from a decision that is over 100 pages in length, you can find one sentence in passing that supports your absurd notion?
One could almost draw the conclusion that this was not the main thrust of the courts ruling, and that it was in fact little more than a passing mention. None of which negates the simple fact that the court held against Reynolds, and the decision has not been reversed.
Even you must be smart enough to see that the court seems to think that the issue of polygamy poses a substantially differing set of legal issues than interracial marriage, or same sex marriage, which is why the court addresses these issues separately, instead of making sweeping changes to existing law and jurisprudence.
Quit being an idiot and come back to the topic at hand, Frankie. If you are able.
Long winded lame dodge. If the reason polygamy is illegal is not moral disapproval "odious", what is it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No spin required. Try educating yourself rather than just being childish smartass.
http://focus.psychiatryonline.org/article.asp...
Like I said, love the spin.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you notice that from a decision that is over 100 pages in length, you can find one sentence in passing that supports your absurd notion?
One could almost draw the conclusion that this was not the main thrust of the courts ruling, and that it was in fact little more than a passing mention. None of which negates the simple fact that the court held against Reynolds, and the decision has not been reversed.
Even you must be smart enough to see that the court seems to think that the issue of polygamy poses a substantially differing set of legal issues than interracial marriage, or same sex marriage, which is why the court addresses these issues separately, instead of making sweeping changes to existing law and jurisprudence.
Quit being an idiot and come back to the topic at hand, Frankie. If you are able.
“Polygamy has always been odious among the northern and western nations of Europe ... and from the earliest history of England polygamy has been treated as an offense against society.”

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Long winded lame dodge. If the reason polygamy is illegal is not moral disapproval "odious", what is it?
Frankie, it was neither long winded, nor was it a dodge. You are arguing irrelevant drivel, likely because you are too stupid to see that it is irrelevant.

Learn to count, Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
“Polygamy has always been odious among the northern and western nations of Europe ... and from the earliest history of England polygamy has been treated as an offense against society.”
Frankie, that is one sentence out of over 100 pages. Were you not an imbecile, you would realize that this is not the foundation of the decision, and that it is in fact little more than a passing mention.

The end reality remains, the decision goes against your position, and has not been overturned. What is more, the court has ruled on many other marriage cases without disrupting the existing jurisprudence regarding polygamy.

If you could count, you would realize how irrelevant and idiotic your arguments are.

Did you have anything to say about the topic at hand? If not, I am done participating in your idiotic and irrelevant obfuscations. Troll on, moron. Oh, and learn to count.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, it was neither long winded, nor was it a dodge. You are arguing irrelevant drivel, likely because you are too stupid to see that it is irrelevant.
Learn to count, Frankie.
<quoted text>
Frankie, that is one sentence out of over 100 pages. Were you not an imbecile, you would realize that this is not the foundation of the decision, and that it is in fact little more than a passing mention.
The end reality remains, the decision goes against your position, and has not been overturned. What is more, the court has ruled on many other marriage cases without disrupting the existing jurisprudence regarding polygamy.
If you could count, you would realize how irrelevant and idiotic your arguments are.
Did you have anything to say about the topic at hand? If not, I am done participating in your idiotic and irrelevant obfuscations. Troll on, moron. Oh, and learn to count.
Some one who insists "you can't count" is a legitimate reason to deny marriage equality tells me I am idiotic. Too funny!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Level 1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, love the spin.
Let us know when you have any actual refutation.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you present the post number where some one told you how to live or behave? Yeah, I didn't think so. Just another jackass whiner. You sound like a sniveling 8 year old.
You're an idiot and a game player.

I never mentioned a post dipshit.

Fact is if I was a God fearing Christian I couldn't open a business given the fear I'd have over offending some queer who'd manipulate a law made for real discrimination should I not bake some gay couple a cake or tell them as a photographer I could not take a picture of the both of them in the nude rubbing on each other over fear I'd get sued - and they might win.

Whining??? You mean like gays do daily???

LOL!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you have any actual refutation.
It's common knowledge and proven in court that Sandusky was a pedophile, not a "homosexual pedophile" nor a "heterosexual pedophile", just a pedophile.

The spin is when you put the "heterosexual" label on him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

“Crusading Jonah1 is hilarious!”

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason is that (1) Enforcing the rules that govern polygamy as it's practiced in the world today as well as historically would be inherently unequal to different members of the polygamous group, thus violating the constitution; and (2) Nobody has ever put forth a list of changes to existing marriage law that would support polygamous marriages.

Until you put forth the changes that you would like to make, expect to be ignored. It's not our place to decide on the changes that you would like to live by.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
...Until you put forth the changes that you would like to make, expect to be ignored. It's not our place to decide on the changes that you would like to live by.
I am not obviously not being ignored dummy.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

nhjeff wrote:
Until you put forth the changes that you would like to make, expect to be ignored. It's not our place to decide on the changes that you would like to live by.
Frankie finally puts forth a valid claim. Let's ignore his irrelevant BS. Anyone too stupid to count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two isn't worth debating anyway. Responding to him just rewards their idiotic tactic of obfuscating the thread.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone too stupid to count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two
Still using that? Using your lack of logic, a husband and wife couldn't have children because they would then become more than 2. Can't be giving those families all those 'greater protections.' You're dumber than a shoe.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Still using that? Using your lack of logic, a husband and wife couldn't have children because they would then become more than 2. Can't be giving those families all those 'greater protections.' You're dumber than a shoe.
What you posted is ridiculous......lides was discussing multiple adults with regards to marriage and you bring children into the discussion which is NOT the same....why?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Took me a minute given I might not have had the fascination you did with the program.
To Catch A Predator
That was the show. In one segment they caught a Rabbi wanting to have sex with a little BOY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I've seen that show, not that particular episode. Did you know that TWICE as many young girls are molested as young boys??? All by grown MEN. Does that tell you anything, anything at all?

Perhaps you think a 55 year old man arranging for sex with a 14 year old girl is just a normal "heterosexual" encounter.

Pedophiles are pedophiles, they are attracted to underage CHILDREN. Period. Adults with other consenting adults is fine by me....as long as no one gets hurt. CHILDREN of both genders get hurt and two thirds of them are girls. Pedophilia has nothing to do with the normal attraction between adults.

Pedophilia is in a class by itself and it is a crime. ALWAYS.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.

Better get your shit straight loser because MOST people identify gays as being a danger to children now.
For centuries MOST people thought the earth was flat. Try using facts instead of outdated public opinion.....lemming.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
What you posted is ridiculous......lides was discussing multiple adults with regards to marriage and you bring children into the discussion which is NOT the same....why?
If you want to call someone screaming "you can't count!" a rational discussion.

It's the same as some moron screaming "you can't tell a man from a woman!" as a rational discussion against SSM.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie finally puts forth a valid claim. Let's ignore his irrelevant BS. Anyone too stupid to count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two isn't worth debating anyway. Responding to him just rewards their idiotic tactic of obfuscating the thread.
"Let's ignore Frankie" lides proposed, as a dodge because he had no argument.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Marriage was created so children may be raised in a home by their mother and father. Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless.
Run to the video store and buy all the "Leave It To Beaver" episodes you can. Also, you can look for "Lassie" and "Father Knows Best." That should keep you well grounded in your delusional world;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>When are you going to quit with that charade? They are the same if a STR8 couple get divorce...or a guy says ........see ya to his g/f if she gets pregnant. Then don't leave out the child that gets physically abused by the parents.....the list goes on.....
Let's not forget the children in orphanages, foster homes and (horror) on the streets that would love to have a stable home without abuse and negligence. Those that just wish someone would care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,161 - 15,180 of17,568
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••