Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17553 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13701 Nov 20, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it is a bad move, but they are entitled to their opinion.
Do you ever read what you have written prior to posting? You sometimes don't make the point you had intended to make.
Bad move to redefine marriage. One of your own, goes on record to clearly voice his opposition to redefining marriage. Truly a rebel.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13702 Nov 20, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that my marriage is the same as the marriages of my aunt and uncle, my sister's and other family members who are married.......you and those like you are the one's with the issues!!!
Your uncle is a woman?
Actually ALL marriages are listed as a marriage by the State regardless of it being an opposite-sex couple who are married or a Same-Sex Couple......and just to let ya know......when my wife and I got married it was an EXTREMELY a traditional wedding ceremony:-)
Traditional? So where was the groom?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13703 Nov 20, 2013
And over on the next block ...

http://www2.illinois.gov/gov/equality/Pages/d...

And the exorcism in Springfield seems to be progressing according to the required rubrics ...

earlier ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13704 Nov 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Your uncle is a woman?
<quoted text>
Traditional? So where was the groom?
You're SMARTAZZ comment doesn't help your cause.....my UNCLE is a man, but their marriage is NO different than mine is.......neither of us have children in our current marriages and we both face the same daily stresses or life challenges that come with being married!!!

Yes, traditional with regards to the wedding ceremony.......again, you make an AZZ out of yourself when you ASSmue things!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13705 Nov 20, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just STILL his opinion and NOTHING more!!!
That's all anyone has, but his was in a large newspaper.
Damn Pete, you need to make an issue out of ANYONE who has an OPINION and is Gay or Lesbian that disagrees with Marriage Equality.......
No, they disagree with redefining marriage, of rejecting marriage conjugality, of tampering with a significant, valuable, stabilizing social institution. THAT'S what they disagree with, not this Orwellian androgynous notion of "marriage equality", which implies men and women are interchangeable. Whew......gotta catch my breath.
would you make the same issue with those who are heterosexual who disagree with MARRIAGE overall? or is it just the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples?
I disagree with those, men or women, regardless of self professed sexual identity labels. who wish to redefine marriage, eliminate its conjugal legal basis, and who want to replace "husband and wife", with a two person, "spouses for life", regardless of gender composition model.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13706 Nov 20, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You're SMARTAZZ comment doesn't help your cause.....my UNCLE is a man, but their marriage is NO different than mine is.....
Either does a DUMBAZZ claim that there's no difference.
..neither of us have children in our current marriages and we both face the same daily stresses or life challenges that come with being married!!!
Well let's see.....both you an your Uncle might have to deal with a wife with PMS....so there's a commonality....what else.....hmmmmm....toilet seat being left up......discussions of feelings....
Yes, traditional with regards to the wedding ceremony.......again, you make an AZZ out of yourself when you ASSmue things!!!
If there's no bride AND groom, how can it be traditional? Did one of you wear a tux?

“Equality for ALL”

Level 2

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#13707 Nov 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
It's nice to know that not all gay folks are in lock step behind the rainbow flag, some have rebelled. So does that make them "bigots", "homophobes", or traitors?
YES !!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13708 Nov 20, 2013
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
YES !!
Thanks comrade for proving the true motives behind the Orwellian Androgynous "marriage equality" movement. What a maroon.

Level 9

#13709 Nov 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Well TO DAMN BAD.......because whether you like it or not.....Gays and Lesbians are getting the RIGHT to marry the PERSON of THEIR choosing......yep, men marrying men and women marrying other women......all while men can and will continue to marry women......simply amazing and as it should be!!!

Got a problem with it......here's a quarter, call someone who gives a crap!!!

Level 9

#13710 Nov 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Just because you believe that traditional ONLY has one meaning, truly shows your ignorance to this issue.

Our ceremony was very traditional, one bride waiting for the other bride to walk down the aisle, uncle giving my wife away, Minister saying traditional words, 2 sets of vows( one personal and one set traditional), lighting of a unity candle and the pronouncement and then the happily newly wed couple walking back down the aisle and then the celebration at the reception......yep, sounds pretty traditional to other weddings I've attended:-)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13711 Nov 20, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well TOO DAMN BAD.......because whether you like it or not.....Gays and Lesbians are getting the RIGHT to marry the PERSON of THEIR choosing
Really....so let's see them marry their brother or sister if they so choose.
......yep, men marrying men and women marrying other women....
Or.....the state changing the basis for legal marriage, dropping conjugality.....some states anyway.....designating same sex relationships, "marriage". There's more than one way of looking at it.
..all while men can and will continue to marry women......simply amazing and as it should be!!!
Ohhhhhhhh.....as it should be....don't forget men marry more than one woman, or vice versa....let's not forget that in "as it should be", marriage equality for all!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#13712 Nov 20, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you believe that traditional ONLY has one meaning, truly shows your ignorance to this issue.
No ignorance at all.....you said traditional bit without one half of the traditional marriage relationship, the husband. So no, it's not traditional.
Our ceremony was very traditional, one bride waiting for the other bride to walk down the aisle, uncle giving my wife away, Minister saying traditional words,
Saying traditional words? Like, "do you Nor Cal, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband"?
2 sets of vows( one personal and one set traditional), lighting of a unity candle and the pronouncement and then the happily newly wed couple walking back down the aisle and then the celebration at the reception......yep, sounds pretty traditional to other weddings I've attended:-)
You should get out more, science has discovered another sex, apparently it's needed to create offspring...Los been all the rage through history, two sexes, that is. Radical, and yet traditional at the same time.:)

Level 9

#13713 Nov 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Really....so let's see them marry their brother or sister if they so choose.
<quoted text>
Or.....the state changing the basis for legal marriage, dropping conjugality.....some states anyway.....designating same sex relationships, "marriage". There's more than one way of looking at it.
<quoted text>
Ohhhhhhhh.....as it should be....don't forget men marry more than one woman, or vice versa....let's not forget that in "as it should be", marriage equality for all!
Ummm, really......you think they WANT to marry their brother or sister........so, how long have you had a desire to marry a sibling? I DON'T believe that ANY one wants to marry a sibling or close family relative and for you to make that part of your argument just proves how messed up you really are!!!

NOT really and in all the time I have been discussing this issue......YOU are the ONLY one who keeps insisting on this conjugal crap as being an IMPORTANT aspect of marriage!!!

Again, you are barking up the wrong tree because I DON'T have an issue with polygamy.......if those individuals want.....more power to them!!!

When one has NOTHING to say on their own.....just repeat what the poster said to you......way to go repete!!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#13714 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad albtraum is amused; I don't use insults to make my point. I respect people too much, to treat them badly. I discuss the issue; same sex marriage is bad because of the arguments used by its supporters. See the post above for one example.
Who's insulting anyone? I am going to spread your message exactly as you stated.

If people choose to laugh AT you instead of WITH you I'm in no way to blame;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#13715 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is bad because it means discrimination, disunity and separatism.
For whom? I and my husband have been married 38 years now, SSM causes us no disunity or separatism and there is precisely zero discrimination against us....but then we are not bigots, unlike yourself;0)

Interracial marriage did not cause discrimination, disunity or separatism....but the bigots certainly raised a stink over nothing.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13716 Nov 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Our ceremony was very traditional, one bride waiting for the other bride to walk down the aisle, uncle giving my wife away, Minister saying traditional words, 2 sets of vows( one personal and one set traditional), lighting of a unity candle and the pronouncement and then the happily newly wed couple walking back down the aisle and then the celebration at the reception......yep, sounds pretty traditional to other weddings I've attended:-)
Traditional?
"one bride waiting for the other bride to walk down the aisle"
I don't think so.

As someone who has experienced a gay marriage perhaps you can shed some light on this. Why does one woman often wear a wedding gown while the other woman wears a suit?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_320vtjzHiA0/TTikDw3...

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs49/i/2009/182/c/...

http://www.onabicyclebuiltfortwo.com/wp-conte...

Which of you played 'the man?'

“"Running Into The Sun"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

"But Im Running Behind"

#13717 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditional?
"one bride waiting for the other bride to walk down the aisle"
I don't think so.
As someone who has experienced a gay marriage perhaps you can shed some light on this. Why does one woman often wear a wedding gown while the other woman wears a suit?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_320vtjzHiA0/TTikDw3...
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs49/i/2009/182/c/...
http://www.onabicyclebuiltfortwo.com/wp-conte...
And who cares what they wear? Different strokes for different folks! Completely irrelevant! Care to try again?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13718 Nov 21, 2013
Running Alive wrote:
<quoted text>
And who cares what they wear? Different strokes for different folks! Completely irrelevant! Care to try again?
Consider that much time and money is spent in their clothing choices. I don't think it's irrelevant at all, I bet they don't either.

http://apracticalwedding.com/wp-content/uploa...
http://apracticalwedding.com/wp-content/uploa...
http://www.gayweddingdestinations.com/userfil...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13719 Nov 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I repeated your words only to emphasize your juvenile mentality.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#13720 Nov 21, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeated your words only to emphasize your juvenile mentality.
His question was valid. Why DO men dress up as brides?
https://www.google.com/search...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are black women so unattractive? (Aug '15) 1 min tameka 89
White men are the solution for the single black... 11 min The Power Of Mast... 120
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min mdbuilder 1,508,462
Bright side of Trumpcare. 56 min Kip 9
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 1 hr misfit 0676 2,009
White people invented rap music. (Mar '16) 1 hr Blackman 22
TRUMPCARE ~ is DEAD!! 1 hr Marcus Washington 27
fake hate crime again. 1 hr Kip 18
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 2 hr BigSomali 1,410
More from around the web