Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13437 Nov 16, 2013
I wouldn't want to buy flowers or anything else from a bigot. Let the marketplace deal with it. Creates less angst and hate.

But that's just me I guess.
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#13438 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get on topic.
Polygamy deserves the same respect as SSM.
So you support all marriages.

Will you support the father who wishes to marry his 18 year old daughter?

Will you support the mother who wishes to marry her 18 year old son?

Will you support the brother who wishes to marry his sister?

Will you support the Mormon or Muslim that wants to marry a 12 year old girl?

Well Frankie will YOU?

lides

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#13439 Nov 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I share her right to attend or refuse to support a religious service that violates her beliefs. Let's see what a jury says.
The jury has to follow the law, and she broke the law.

Brian, can you explain, in detail, how providing services for a same sex wedding in ANY way infringes upon Stutzman's free exercise of religion?

Using your logic, I could deny you service because you are an idiot, and stupidity goes against my personal convictions.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13440 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy.
Is this truly all you've got? Why bother posting if your prime objective is to simply insult others?

It's no wonder you get deleted on a daily bases.....lol!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13441 Nov 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>So you support all marriages.
Will you support the father who wishes to marry his 18 year old daughter?
Will you support the mother who wishes to marry her 18 year old son?
Will you support the brother who wishes to marry his sister?
Will you support the Mormon or Muslim that wants to marry a 12 year old girl?
Well Frankie will YOU?
When we talk of marriage it is assumed we are talking about adults.

For example. Do you support a 60 year old man who wishes to marry a 12 year old boy? See how that works? Adults Jizzy. Adults.

P.S. I responded to these same questions yesterday but you deleted them.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13442 Nov 16, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this truly all you've got? Why bother posting if your prime objective is to simply insult others?
It's no wonder you get deleted on a daily bases.....lol!!!
It's useless for me to try to discuss the topic. I sure would like to, but I get bashed and or deleted for supporting polygamy.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13443 Nov 16, 2013
The only reason most of you don't support polygamy is that you fear it will undermine the case for SSM.

What a selfish attitude. Polygamy is some good people's marriages, it's not a plot against your marriage.

Level 9

#13444 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's useless for me to try to discuss the topic. I sure would like to, but I get bashed and or deleted for supporting polygamy.
So, then you figure what the hell and insult folks for no reason.......what a real adult way to respond!!!

My guess is you get deleted for being a jerk and nothing more.....and most here don't care one way or the other regarding polygamy......hell, even the polygamist aren't out their fighting the fight you claim you support......wonder why?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13445 Nov 16, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, then you figure what the hell and insult folks for no reason.......what a real adult way to respond!!!
My guess is you get deleted for being a jerk and nothing more.....and most here don't care one way or the other regarding polygamy......hell, even the polygamist aren't out their fighting the fight you claim you support......wonder why?
Calm down spice cake. Don't like my posts? Don't read them.

Of course there are polygamists out there, and their marriages deserve the same respect as yours. They could go to prison for their marriages. So boo hoo.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13446 Nov 16, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
On the gardening threads? All my poignant points on petunias when "Poof". And I was winning the argument!

So boo hoo to you if I get a little acerbic. You do too. And Poof is worst of all.
Jim

United States

#13447 Nov 16, 2013
Serioiusly ? Really ? what hypocrites ! Every Church in the Black community every where has a Gay organist, choir member solo singer, and or preacher. GET REAL !! The "down low" term is the term black men use to go to bed with another man in secret and not let it be known to anyone else. Plenty of that is going on in the Churchs too. What hypocrisy ! GAys are professional , work, not on welfare, pay taxes, also the best dependable volunteers & interested in their community. God created us all ! Want less gays ? Tell the straight parents to stop having gay babies. Di you choose to be heterosexual, if so at what point in life, just did you ?
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#13448 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For example. Do you support a 60 year old man who wishes to marry a 12 year old boy? See how that works? Adults Jizzy. Adults.
P.S. I responded to these same questions yesterday but you deleted them.
Frankie yous say that you support polygamy. Yet the Mormons as well as Muslims allow marriage of 12,13 year olds. You keep saying that its a part of their religious beliefe, and is allowed under the first amend. So again do you support father daughter, Mother son, sister brother marriage as well as the rights of Mormons and Muslims.

Sahih Muslim permits marriage by reaching maturity sexually and mentally (baligh).[citation needed] Sexual maturity in sharia law is typically understood to mean puberty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_marital_...

More than a dozen Muslim clerics at some of the biggest mosques in Britain have been caught on camera agreeing to marry off girls as young as 14.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4017/uk-mus...

Jeffs spent years evading arrest – crisscrossing the country as a fugitive who eventually made the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list before his capture in 2006, Nichols said, and he excommunicated 60 church members he saw as a threat to his leadership, breaking up 300 families while stripping them of property and "reassigning" wives and children.

All of that is separate from the assaults on two girls, ages 12 and 15, that Jeffs was convicted of Thursday, after jurors deliberated for 3 1/2 hours

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/warr...
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#13449 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Mods delete your posts for breaking TOS, among other things.
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#13450 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the gardening threads? All my poignant points on petunias when "Poof". And I was winning the argument!
So boo hoo to you if I get a little acerbic. You do too. And Poof is worst of all.
The Mods dump all of your posts, not just selected ones. Its not hard to understand.
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#13451 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this post Frankie? Talking about Gerbils and gay men.

Frankie Rizzo
Union City, CA
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Thursday Judged:

Yes.$3979. That figure is correct according to my calculations too. Two gliders a day for 58 days, plus a special order shipment of the rare Tasmanian squeakers. And one parrot.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TK0EA9RFQ...
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#13452 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tissue?

Level 9

#13453 Nov 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Of course there are polygamists out there, and their marriages deserve the same respect as yours. They could go to prison for their marriages. So boo hoo.
Of course there are polygamist out their, but they actually ONLY have one legal marriage........and they AREN'T the one's fighting to have it decriminalized or to be able to marry multiple individuals......and my guess is NEITHER are you......because in reality you support it, but you aren't willing to actually fight for it. Interesting!!!

I understand that polygamist are alive and well in this Country and I believe that they have a right to live their lives as they see fit......and certainly more power to them if they truly can handle more than one spouse......but they DIDN'T need the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples to be fought before fighting for their rights.......the two AREN'T the same issue or fight.......and no matter when or how they're fight plays out in the Courts......those marriages will NEVER have ANY affect on my marriage:-)

Level 9

#13454 Nov 16, 2013
Sorry, should read THERE instead of their in my last post......don't want the grammar or spelling police on me.......lol!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13455 Nov 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie yous say that you support polygamy. Yet the Mormons as well as Muslims allow marriage of 12,13 year olds. You keep saying that its a part of their religious beliefe, and is allowed under the first amend. So again do you support father daughter, Mother son, sister brother marriage as well as the rights of Mormons and Muslims.
Sahih Muslim permits marriage by reaching maturity sexually and mentally (baligh).[citation needed] Sexual maturity in sharia law is typically understood to mean puberty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_marital_...
More than a dozen Muslim clerics at some of the biggest mosques in Britain have been caught on camera agreeing to marry off girls as young as 14.
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4017/uk-mus...
Jeffs spent years evading arrest – crisscrossing the country as a fugitive who eventually made the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list before his capture in 2006, Nichols said, and he excommunicated 60 church members he saw as a threat to his leadership, breaking up 300 families while stripping them of property and "reassigning" wives and children.
All of that is separate from the assaults on two girls, ages 12 and 15, that Jeffs was convicted of Thursday, after jurors deliberated for 3 1/2 hours
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/warr...
There are perfectly good laws against all the harms you ignorantly associate with polygamy.

But we've been through all this. You deleted my side of the argument and declared victory, remember?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13456 Nov 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>The Mods dump all of your posts, not just selected ones. Its not hard to understand.
Liar.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TK0EA9RFQ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,523,539
white women, snowbunny, interracial 13 min Sarah1989 16
Trump ~ 100* Days ~ Major Accomplishments? 22 min Dont know 42
50% of Black men have STD's ,50% or more have H... (Jul '10) 34 min Grape Soda 185
Negro behavior in public places 1 hr misfit 0676 100
ANTIFA FREAKS PREVENT COULTER FROM SPEAKING AT ... 1 hr Keepin It Real 1
Biracial women are beautiful and fake black wom... (Sep '14) 1 hr Anonmyous 156
608,370 bridges in America and the number of bl... 2 hr ANTI_NEGRO_2017 17
What African Americans really are 2 hr The Power Of Mast... 46
IRBW And Their Fantasies. 5 hr IT IS I 926
More from around the web