Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments
11,141 - 11,160 of 17,568 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dipshyt, a man born of the Greek isle of Lesbos emigrates to California. He is a Lesbian, not a lesbian.
Les·bi·an [lez-bee-uhn]
adjective
of or pertaining to Lesbos.
noun
an inhabitant of Lesbos.
I love it when one idiot jumps to the rescue of another. Damn funny.
lesbian (&#712;l&#603;zb&# 618;&#601;n)
noun
a female homosexual
adjective
of or characteristic of lesbians
Awwwwww....Joanie is talking to me again. I love it when the Glibtees play the vocabulary game. Word origins are fun. Don't forget this one:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
A male lesbian is a physiologically heteosexual male who wishes he'd been born a girl. He feels alienated by the social standards of gender roles. He may be a crossdresser or consider himself transgendered, but he is probably not transsexual. His ideal would be to be able to be his feminine self in a relationship with a biological female. If he is open about this, he may be ridiculed by both the gay and straight communities.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes the government CAN single out a class of people for unfavorable treatment, therefore Joe Darger is WRONG.
Uhhhhhh.....huh...but only if it's the class of people you like...right XBox?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were born on the Island of Whine. You are a whiner.
You're from the planet Uranus.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think children should be allowed to buy cigarettes and alcohol?

Do you think children should be allowed to vote?

Do you think children should be allowed to marry?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You're from the planet Uranus.
how very original.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think children should be allowed to buy cigarettes and alcohol?
Do you think children should be allowed to vote?
Do you think children should be allowed to marry?
I think your picture should be on every package of condoms. Underneath your photo are the words, "DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!"
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your picture should be on every package of condoms. Underneath your photo are the words, "DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!"
Hmmmm.... is that a yes or a no?

“abstractions of thought...”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
The fact they did reject serving a same sex wedding proves Quest wrong.
Actually, you've been whining incessantly that these Christians were sued because of their refusal to provide goods and services as a public accommodation. How does that prove Quest wrong when reality confirms her statement?
Brian_G wrote:
Religious and artistic freedom trump PC regulations and forcing Christians to attend same sex wedding ceremonies or any other religious service.
Nope. And all the cases you cite prove this.
Brian_G wrote:
If you love freedom, keep marriage one man and one woman.
If you love being a bigot, continue to advocate discrimination against and infringement of the fundamental rights of a minority you dislike. Like Brian does.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
No, but they are the originals. Besides it far more accurately describes them.
Not even all Greeks agree with that assertion as many of them refer to the island by its main city, not the name of the island itself.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Found it already, before you posted the link, but thanks again for doing your homework.
I have to throw you an easy Kindergarten level post once in a while since you so obviously ignore responding to my more challenging posts due to your intellectual impairment.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Kody and his supposed wives...." I sense some hostility there....not very nice. They're "Sister Wives", I would have thought you would've felt a connection with them as wives.
NorCal is simply using YOUR definition of marriage as consisting of ONE man and ONE woman united as HUSBAND and WIFE, small Peter. Are you saying your own definition is hostile and by using it you're aren't being very nice?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Kody and his supposed wives...." I sense some hostility there....not very nice. They're "Sister Wives", I would have thought you would've felt a connection with them as wives.
Sorry, no hostility......NO NEED TO......Kody only has one LEGAL wife.......the rest are "SUPPOSED" wives per their statements, but there is NOTHING registered to back up their claim!!!

Why would I personally feel ANY connection to women I DON'T even know? You are really reaching on that one......and besides, I ONLY have one legal wife and that's enough for me:-)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Still can't gasp the constitutional concept of equal protection, eh small Peter? The state can indeed restrict or infringe the fundamental rights of a class of people if it can articulate a compelling government interest for doing so.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you deflect when unable to answer even simple "yes" or "no" questions. Did your parents pay your wife to take you off their hands?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
NorCal is simply using YOUR definition of marriage as consisting of ONE man and ONE woman united as HUSBAND and WIFE, small Peter. Are you saying your own definition is hostile and by using it you're aren't being very nice?
Exactly.....and to even think I would have some connection with women I don't even know......what a sap he is!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's use this one.

In Murphy v. Ramsey, SCOTUS defined marriage as "The union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony".

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Level 9

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's use this one.
In Murphy v. Ramsey, SCOTUS defined marriage as "The union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony".
1885, a case regarding polygamist and voter registration........I'm wondering if there is a way you could get into the 21st century........the cases you speak of have NO bearing on marriage as we understand it today!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's use this one.
Editorial comments from a voter registration case have no relevance to the fundamental right of marriage.

Try again.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
1885, a case regarding polygamist and voter registration........I'm wondering if there is a way you could get into the 21st century........the cases you speak of have NO bearing on marriage as we understand it today!!!
How is it, "The union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony". any different "...on marriage as we understand it today"? That sums up the understanding of marriage throughout the history of the Republic. The beauty of it, it was before the political sexual identity labels became all the rage. Just men and women.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Level 1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwww....Joanie is talking to me again. I love it when the Glibtees play the vocabulary game. Word origins are fun. Don't forget this one:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
A male lesbian is a physiologically heteosexual male who wishes he'd been born a girl. He feels alienated by the social standards of gender roles. He may be a crossdresser or consider himself transgendered, but he is probably not transsexual. His ideal would be to be able to be his feminine self in a relationship with a biological female. If he is open about this, he may be ridiculed by both the gay and straight communities.
urbandictionary - no comment required choad.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Editorial comments from a voter registration case have no relevance to the fundamental right of marriage.
Try again.
"The union for life of one man and one woman in the holy estate of matrimony". That sums up the understanding of marriage throughout the history of the Republic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••