Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments
481 - 500 of 17,568 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved my point, thanks.
You're welcome. I'm glad you realize that you are stupid.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
More childish insults....from your childish mind.
Oh puh-leez, Carol. Who do you think you're kidding? You post THE MOST ridiculous comments about gay people. It's obvious you have no education.

“2 Horse Guy in a 1 Horse Town”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

RIDERS UP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Will Fare wrote:
Imagine if these black folks refused to go to work or take care of their homes if this gets passed. It would be like every other day in there lives. What is the backlash that they will do another useless march or candle light vigil. I'm not gay but these spooks are cracked up. They need to straighten out there own cesspool lives before they bust another groups balls.
I thought most of you white racists were either gay or have a "thing"
for children you have just proven the fact.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But again I'm a widow and is in a single parent home...I'm not going to sugarcoat my model as best... It's far from best.
I am truly sad to hear that you somehow feel damaged and unable to give your children the best just because their father died. If your children grown up "damaged", it will be because of your obsession with not having their father in their lives, not because their father has died.

Single-parent homes have unique challenges, for sure, but to simply assume that you're damaged goods or that your children will someone not be all they can be because of it if your issue, and you shouldn't make it theirs.
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>Mothers sometimes are easier on their sons and fathers are sometimes easier in their daughters....
Right. And Mothers sometimes are harder on their sons and fathers are something harder on their daughters. So what??

I'm starting to think that your biggest problem, beyond general ignorance about the world you live in, is sexism. You really need to learn about how the world works.

Did you know that there are women that pilot commercial airplanes??? And there are men that teach school?? Women can be doctors now, too! And run for public office WITHOUT their husband's permission. And men work as housekeepers and nannies. You've got a lot to learn, dear.
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So the male/female interaction is highly beneficial to the family.
Only if the male and the female ARE beneficial. You know, you CAN have a man in your children's life if you believe it's that important. Just head on down to the local homeless shelter, fine a homeless guy, and invite him to come live in your home with you for free (and promise to feed him). If having an adult male in the house, ANY adult male, is as critical as you seem to think it is, then your problem will be solved, right??

Seriously, Carol, you NEED to get out and LEARN something about the world. You're destroying yourself with your own ignorance. And I suspect you're destroying your children, as well, by feeding them all the ignorance that you harbor to close.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight woman like hanging out with gay guys because they are a non threat to them sexually. They get all the benifits of having a male freind with no expectations of sex.
What does that say about straight guys? It's not good.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

TVHS2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough to know that you must have heard Satan not God. God wouldnt lie and go against his word and say suck when in the Bible it says that being gay is wrong. Your not practicing love either, but instead are practicing sick lust of the flesh! Your making a mockery of God and the Bible. You can say your gay and going to Hell but dont lie and say God oks it! So as it was in the days of Sodom...... I love u and God does to but I and God HATE the sin! and that is what it is.
No, I said I'm gay and YOU'RE going to hell. Actually, that's what GOD said, not me.

Don't believe me?? Simple. Prove I didn't talk to God.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

TVHS2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a lie. Guys are born to like girls and girls to like guys. What you are saying is a sick lie!
Then why does the entire gay community disagree with that?

Find someone that declares they can choose their sexuality and I'll show you a bisexual. Gay people and straight people know better--we don't choose our own sexual orientation.

So if you believe you can choose your sexuality, guess what that means about YOU?
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Backed right off of that one, didn't you??)
by knowing in advance your stoopid tactic?

hardly.

Here's a tip, don't be so huffy and I will read the rest of your posts, this time, you failed.
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't anyone else BORED of this bully clown?
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez, Carol. Who do you think you're kidding? You post THE MOST ridiculous comments about gay people. It's obvious you have no education.
Just another day, just another no point idiotic post by Mona...

Mona, when you say the same sh!t to everyone it really loses whatever little point it had to begin with....
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I'm a gay man.
do you think this makes you a woman?

you would...
this is one of your sides FUNDAMENTAL flaws...

your still a dude, dude...
and you only think you know...
straight shooter

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Incapable of thinking for yourself, eh? Now there's a surprise.
more insults and nothing more...
this counts a discourse in Jersey, eh?

Psst, nowhere else...
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another day, just another no point idiotic post by Mona...
Mona, when you say the same sh!t to everyone it really loses whatever little point it had to begin with....
Are you saying you agree with Carol?

Really?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think this makes you a woman?
you would...
this is one of your sides FUNDAMENTAL flaws...
your still a dude, dude...
and you only think you know...
The man writes, "I'm a gay MAN" and you reply with "you think this makes you a woman?"

Is there something about the word MAN that escapes you?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly sad to hear that you somehow feel damaged and unable to give your children the best just because their father died. If your children grown up "damaged", it will be because of your obsession with not having their father in their lives, not because their father has died.
Single-parent homes have unique challenges, for sure, but to simply assume that you're damaged goods or that your children will someone not be all they can be because of it if your issue, and you shouldn't make it theirs.
<quoted text>

Right. And Mothers sometimes are harder on their sons and fathers are something harder on their daughters. So what??
I'm starting to think that your biggest problem, beyond general ignorance about the world you live in, is sexism. You really need to learn about how the world works.
Did you know that there are women that pilot commercial airplanes??? And there are men that teach school?? Women can be doctors now, too! And run for public office WITHOUT their husband's permission. And men work as housekeepers and nannies. You've got a lot to learn, dear.
<quoted text>
Only if the male and the female ARE beneficial. You know, you CAN have a man in your children's life if you believe it's that important. Just head on down to the local homeless shelter, fine a homeless guy, and invite him to come live in your home with you for free (and promise to feed him). If having an adult male in the house, ANY adult male, is as critical as you seem to think it is, then your problem will be solved, right??
Seriously, Carol, you NEED to get out and LEARN something about the world. You're destroying yourself with your own ignorance. And I suspect you're destroying your children, as well, by feeding them all the ignorance that you harbor to close.
Some single parent homes operate better than the father/mother model ...
But statistics show that children are benefited when both parents a father and mother are in the home.

Children crave normalcy... When my kids see another kid interacting with their father, of course they crave having their father again and wonder what it would be like to have a father...

My kids love me their mom, but I can't fulfil the place of a father...

so again the father/mother model provides both.

Cont.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are so bored with me, why do you reply to my posts... particularly my posts that are NOT replies to you? Do you think everyone else is going to change their mind about you being a fake lawyer if I shut up?
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are demon possessed and feel the need to take your feelings of worthlessness out on others..seek help.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez, Carol. Who do you think you're kidding? You post THE MOST ridiculous comments about gay people. It's obvious you have no education.
You are probably a corrupt fed from my offline situation....

your lies here are insignificant because my posts are here for all to read.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullying is its past time, lol. Best to ignore it.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
When the mother is easier on the son and harder on the daughter...

The father usually was harder on the son and easier on the daughter which balanced things out.

With the father absent in so many African American homes the solution is for blk women to marry the father before having sex with him...

The solution is not to have another woman in the home as the boys are acting up because they crave the father.

Same thing, if the mother is missing, children are going to feel cheated as they see other children with their mothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••