Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Comments
461 - 480 of 17,568 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Incapable of thinking for yourself, eh? Now there's a surprise.
If the media wasn't a powerful tool/influence for swaying opinion for or against a person, group or product...

Please explain to me why people value name brands over generics...

Please explain to me why companies will spend millions for a minute TV commercial during the Superbowl. Thanks.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>The crazy lies come from you, Carol. Why, one would think you've never picked up a book in your life. Confess. You're using voice recognition software because you can't read.
I'm a voracious reader or used to be, hun...

Actually I'm from the generation where everyone set in the den and watched one TV with no remote control....

We lived thru our books ...had no computers, lol.

“2 Horse Guy in a 1 Horse Town”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

RIDERS UP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight woman like hanging out with gay guys because they are a non threat to them sexually. They get all the benifits of having a male freind with no expectations of sex.
and they always have a hairdresser handy
Will Fare

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Imagine if these black folks refused to go to work or take care of their homes if this gets passed. It would be like every other day in there lives. What is the backlash that they will do another useless march or candle light vigil. I'm not gay but these spooks are cracked up. They need to straighten out there own cesspool lives before they bust another groups balls.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to learn the rules...
anything you saw with your own eyes is a lie,
any law or science that supports you is based on bigotry
and any common sense observation you may make is an insult...
any person who opposes them is a hate filled, illogical unemployed closet case....
oh, and you cannot stereotype, only THEY can...
just so you know...
these are the rules of the new "equality".
Didn't see this before.

I pray these arent the new rules :(
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Will Fare wrote:
Imagine if these black folks refused to go to work or take care of their homes if this gets passed. It would be like every other day in there lives. What is the backlash that they will do another useless march or candle light vigil. I'm not gay but these spooks are cracked up. They need to straighten out there own cesspool lives before they bust another groups balls.
Must be someone in my offline nightmare.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
My original comment was responding to snypers threat that the tax exempt stautus of Churches be removed... No mention was made of the FRC or AFA..
If you want these groups donors not to be able to write off their donations than why dosent the IRS come down on them?
Churches that speak up in defense of marriage will maintain their tax status as well as their deductability of their donors.
That was my point and it stands.
And Snyper's point, as you well know, was that donors to churches get a special deduction that is not available to the groups who carry out issue advocacy for the GLBT community. Like I said, if churches want to engage in that activity, let them set up separate 501 c 4 subsidiaries. Or lose their tax exempt status entirely.
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And Snyper's point, as you well know, was that donors to churches get a special deduction that is not available to the groups who carry out issue advocacy for the GLBT community. Like I said, if churches want to engage in that activity, let them set up separate 501 c 4 subsidiaries. Or lose their tax exempt status entirely.
No...they dont have to.. and they shall not and no one will make them. Any mpore than the episopalians and Unitarians will set up seperate groups so they can advocate for their loose morals.
TVHS2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
BEING FAT AND GREEDY IS EVIL AND WILL SEND YOUT EO HELL ALSO...Better tell all those fat riught ubs of goo who elave church every sunday morning....BET YOUR A FAT OR RICH PERSON ALSO HUH????
Actually I am neither. I work as a cook at a resturant right across the road and am 5'9 and weigh only 158lb. I am also a man whos in church every sunday and wednesdays. I love God and know enough to know being gay is wrong.
TVHS2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. Just this morning I was talking to your God and He told me that it's YOU that is wrong, not us. He said that YOU'RE the one that's judging and condemning His children and speaking for Him in ways that He would NEVER approve of.
He very emphatically assured me that it's YOU that He and Satan are reserving a place in hell for, not any of us. We're practicing love and acceptable of ALL His children. You're not. That's why you're going to hell.

Sucks to be you, I guess.
I know enough to know that you must have heard Satan not God. God wouldnt lie and go against his word and say suck when in the Bible it says that being gay is wrong. Your not practicing love either, but instead are practicing sick lust of the flesh! Your making a mockery of God and the Bible. You can say your gay and going to Hell but dont lie and say God oks it! So as it was in the days of Sodom...... I love u and God does to but I and God HATE the sin! and that is what it is.
TVHS2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation your 'mother' was born with; attracted to men
Is your mother healthy in the head?
Thats a lie. Guys are born to like girls and girls to like guys. What you are saying is a sick lie!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

TVHS2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough to know that you must have heard Satan not God. God wouldnt lie and go against his word and say suck when in the Bible it says that being gay is wrong. Your not practicing love either, but instead are practicing sick lust of the flesh! Your making a mockery of God and the Bible. You can say your gay and going to Hell but dont lie and say God oks it! So as it was in the days of Sodom...... I love u and God does to but I and God HATE the sin! and that is what it is.
Well now; lets check your sin list against GOD's sin list:
++++++++++
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++
Ummm
GOD's sin list and your sin list don't line up; sugar
Perhaps your sin list needs a bit of fine tuning

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a common anti-gay talking point. They try to label same sex couples as "blended families", and then apply date from families of divorce and remarriage, to intact same sex parent families. Intact marriages are not the same as families of divorce and remarriage.
"Cinderella effect" data is based on step parent and even mom's casual boyfriend data, not same sex families or adoptive straight families. These families are very different. The data does not hold up for adoptive parents.
Adoption is not the same as a step child relationship:
"Although remarriage of a father or mother can have bad consequences for children, when a couple adopts a baby unrelated to either of them its prospects are much brighter... parents treat their adopted children just as well as biological children."
"Two recent studies help to clarify the issue of how well adoptive children are treated. The first, published in 2007, found that children in adoptive households are treated better than children in homes with two genetic parents."
Whatever the reasons for the Cinderella effect, it is now quite clear that it is not triggered by a lack of genetic relationship. After all, adoptive parents take better care of children than birth parents do. It seems that caring for children, related or not, involves a deep human need that is better satisfied by adoption than step-parenting." http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human...
The preponderance of the evidence shows the relationship between the parents and child is the determining factor for success, not the gender of the parents.
Yet equal legal recognition for same sex families will not affect the rights or relationships of opposite sex parent families, making this nothing more than irrational fear mongering.
Correct and excellent.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now; lets check your sin list against GOD's sin list:
++++++++++
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
++++++++++
Ummm
GOD's sin list and your sin list don't line up; sugar
Perhaps your sin list needs a bit of fine tuning
You left out the graven images thingie.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

TVHS2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a lie. Guys are born to like girls and girls to like guys. What you are saying is a sick lie!
You're just not up on your medical knowledge
Gay people are born with a different brain size and structure; and with a special spinal cord with 6 additional connectors
These parts cannot be transplanted into a straight person because they won't fit
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Thousands of people are being gunned down in Chicago while these churches remain silent on those murders but GOD FORBID if two people who love each other get married.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If the media wasn't a powerful tool/influence for swaying opinion for or against a person, group or product...
Please explain to me why people value name brands over generics...
Please explain to me why companies will spend millions for a minute TV commercial during the Superbowl. Thanks.
That's easy. Ask any ad exec on Madison Ave. The majority of people are stupid and they believe what they are told.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a voracious reader or used to be, hun...
Actually I'm from the generation where everyone set in the den and watched one TV with no remote control....
We lived thru our books ...had no computers, lol.
Comic books don't count, Carol.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy. Ask any ad exec on Madison Ave. The majority of people are stupid and they believe what they are told.
You just proved my point, thanks.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Comic books don't count, Carol.
More childish insults....from your childish mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

530 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Africans spreading the Ebola Virus like wildfire 6 min And C 9
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 7 min Black Facts 32,373
Maceo-Pls Take some "Aggressive Anger Mgmt Clas... 7 min SadButTrue 1
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 7 min Stop Snitchin 78,583
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min THE DEVIL 1,082,364
MOORS in SPAIN=Light Bearers of KEMET? (Dec '09) 8 min trollslayer 586
Should Maceo Patterson take "Aggressive Anger M... 9 min SadButTrue 1
Black Guy at an All White Party 15 min KIP 47
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 38 min trollslayer 2,454
Another BM with a HOT WW Wife__----------- 54 min Bychance37 393
•••
•••