Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#449 Jan 10, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm, who could have predicted this response...
oh right...ME!
I forgot that anything we see with our own eyes is a lie...a required belief in your cult...
Backed right off of that one, didn't you?? How stupid DID you feel after you realized that you'd actually POSTED such ridiculous drivel??

You know, though. You've given me a great idea!! Since the whole world is going to hell and our poor, long-suffering population of children are being raised by (GASP!!!) single parents and (BIGGER GASP!!) GAY PEOPLE, I'm seeing a highly lucrative business opportunity here!!

I'll call it, "Rent-A-Dad"!! I'll hire a bunch of guys with penises and rent them out to go visit the homes of single mothers and Lesbian couples that are raising young sons so they can properly teach those poor boys how to stand in front of a toilet with their dick in their hand. I do NOT know how any woman could EVER teach such a thing on her own son. NOT POSSIBLE!!! Clearly!!

But THAT'S NOT ALL!!! I'll also have a sister company (pun intended) called, "Rent-A-Mom"!!! It'll be the same thing, only it'll be a whole bunch of post-pubescent women that are WAY familiar with tampons and pads. Single fathers and gay male couples raising daughters will have a qualified vagina-owner on call 24/7 to demonstrate tampon usage at that critical moment when their daughter SO needs a mother, but the shocking selfishness of their father(s) prevents her from enjoying such wonders of the world when they need it most!

I have to hand it to you, Jane. You are freaking BRILLIANT!!! I'm going to be RICH RICH RICH!!! I might even become a gay Republican!! Thank you SO MUCH for such a wonderful idea!!

(oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm STILL making fun of you--just to be clear on that!!)

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Level 1

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#450 Jan 10, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
normalizing homosexuality is just another sign we at the end. but where were these ministers when government welfare and divorce , and feminism were destroying the aa family?
LOL!!

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

#451 Jan 10, 2013
Caro wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure father/mother models fail....
But blended families have more problems and fail at a higher rate.
As far as twisting my words...
A colony of homosexual males would die out in a matter of years depending on the age group of the participants...
A colony of heterosexuals would reproduce and sustain its species for centuries...
Therefore the heterosexual colony is the norm and what nature/God intended.
Now is this cruel or reality?
LOL!!! OMG!! Think, boy, think!!

So your solution to the problem of the perfection-based mother/father families "failing" is to make it more difficult for people to form blended families?? You're not making any sense.

SO WHAT if blended families are a challenge for people to deal with? SO WHAT if they "fail" at a higher rate? SO WHAT??? You and Carol keep hammering that, but SO WHAT??? HOW is that an excuse for anything other than better family planning education??

And, I LOVE your "gays on an island" vs. "straights on an island" analogy!! TOO FUNNY!!!! You DO know that straight people are the primary birthers of gay people, right?? Where DO you think we come from??

So, go ahead! Create your two island paradises! But you KNOW what's going to happen, don't you?? 5-10% of the babies born to the straight people will be.... wait for it.... GAY!!! So in a just a very short time, the population will be integrated again!

Of course, all the old gay guys will be on one island and the young, virile and hot gay guys will be milling about on the other island making the young video game playing, beer-swilling straight guys look bad.

How do you think THAT'S gonna go over when all the pretty young straight girls demand that the straight guys look as good as the hot young gay guys?? Gives "gay boyfriend" a whole new meaning, doesn't it??

I'm thinking you need to abandon that whole idea. You're just going to cause trouble for those poor, unattractive, not very sexually capable straight boys. Not nice!

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

#452 Jan 10, 2013
YOU did not really do it wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know some people believe that it is welfare foist upon the Black family due to the "Great Society" program of Johnson that started the downfall of the Black family. While that might be true adding another problem for the Black family to cope with certainly is not helpful.
You so blame welfare and not the crippling racism and shocking treatment of African Americans throughout most of history??

That's kind of amazing, don't you think?

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#453 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up. You're obviously not here for reasonable debate of discussion. You're just here to keep parroting your prejudice and ignorance without regard to what anyone else says or things.
Have fun. I hope you get some education some day. You sure do need it!
Well that's two of us ignoring the lunatic. Hopefully more will jump on board. No point engaging with such people. There's no value in it.

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#454 Jan 10, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
it's called a deal with the devil, but some folks just don't get it.
Clearly you don't get it. Try educating yourself before you come to speak with smart people.

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

#455 Jan 10, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
dearie, as a man, you only think you understand...
you need to hang with women more.
and I don't usually point out typos, but the HOT rocket science is too funny...
I know it was a silly typo, its just very funny...
Honey, I'm a gay man. I spend WAY more time with women that you could in your wildest dreams.

They LOVE us gay boys. Something about showering regularly and wearing clean clothes. I don't get it either, but they sure seem to love it!!

“Marriage Equality”

Level 1

Lakeland, MI

#456 Jan 10, 2013
Caro wrote:
<quoted text>
OK you claimed it was degrading....
as far as hating anyone, I dont , please stop trying to transfer your hatred to me.
I hate no one. And I can prove it by not advocating that some people be denied equal treatment in their own country.

Can you say that?

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#457 Jan 10, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't surprise me that you ( a homo) would be ok with the breakdown of traditional aa families. but concerning kids being kicked out their homes for irr. i personally have no problem with irr, except when the media promotes this over black love. cuz the last thing aa need is more division and social engineering that leads to this.
however, for those kids, if your parents say irr isn't ok in their house, and you can't respect that you should be kicked out.
**ALWAYS RESPECT YOUR PARENTS**
You are twisted, and apparently you were raised that way.

Respect? Coming from you, that's a joke.

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#458 Jan 10, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, that's the problem isn't it....
do the kids learn how to deal with both sexes?
not in a gay home....
I guess they can bring in outside help...just like they do in other "broken homes".
The simple-minded so annoy me.

Level 1

Fort Lauderdale FL

#459 Jan 10, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i would be too sure bout that. homosexuality is only ok in the white community. it will never be accepted among aa and other non-whites. the natural revulsion to the perversion of the male homo is hard coded in our genes. and the backlash will be like a storm cloud coming over the horizon.
Oh so you speak for a whole community now? You dumbass. You sound just like the racist white people who said stuff like that about you.

I know a whole lot of gay black people, and they are not hiding from anybody. Don't assume your little experiences in your little corner of the world can be extrapolated to the whole population.

Thanks to people like Barack Obama, Al Sharpton, and others, opinion about gay marriage has dramatically shifted in the aa community recently. Deal with it. Are you going to be left behind? A relic? You'll end up just like the KKK, marginalized as an extremist wacko while the rest of the world grows up around you.

It's an even greater shame when minorities take ignorance-based attitudes like yours. Fool.
Caro

Oak Park, MI

#460 Jan 10, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Blame the media? BS! Black men and white men are their own fault! Get the girl pregnant then it's... see ya! These bums need to MAN UP and take responsabilty for their offspring! And women need to QUIT lying with everyone they meet.
I don't disagree with this...

But please be honest, if the average WW in the EVERYDAY media looked like Rosie O'Donnell and she was portrayed as a loud agressive low class woman...

Do you think WW would enjoy turning on the TV...wouldn't they be depressed when they watched that image of WW, every time they turned on TV. May turn to overeating or some other destructive behavior.

Now let's look at it from a mans point of view..we all know that men want the woman who's being pushed as classy, feminine.

Who wants the loud ghetto type that mainstream media is pushing of blk women.

Even if a pie is delicious if the media is showing it in a negative light, the image of thatvpievis going to be media based.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#461 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution to the problem of the perfection-based mother/father families "failing" is to make it more difficult for people to form blended families?? You're not making any sense.
SO WHAT if blended families are a challenge for people to deal with? SO WHAT if they "fail" at a higher rate? SO WHAT??? You and Carol keep hammering that, but SO WHAT??? HOW is that an excuse for anything other than better family planning education??
And, I LOVE your "gays on an island" vs. "straights on an island" analogy!! TOO FUNNY!!!! You DO know that straight people are the primary birthers of gay people, right?? Where DO you think we come from??
So, go ahead! Create your two island paradises! But you KNOW what's going to happen, don't you?? 5-10% of the babies born to the straight people will be.... wait for it.... GAY!!! So in a just a very short time, the population will be integrated again!
Of course, all the old gay guys will be on one island and the young, virile and hot gay guys will be milling about on the other island making the young video game playing, beer-swilling straight guys look bad.
How do you think THAT'S gonna go over when all the pretty young straight girls demand that the straight guys look as good as the hot young gay guys?? Gives "gay boyfriend" a whole new meaning, doesn't it??
I'm thinking you need to abandon that whole idea. You're just going to cause trouble for those poor, unattractive, not very sexually capable straight boys. Not nice!
I am Carol lol erased my l by mistake
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#462 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree many times they are very attractive men, lol.

But again I'm a widow and is in a single parent home...I'm not going to sugarcoat my model as best... It's far from best.

Mothers sometimes are easier on their sons and fathers are sometimes easier in their daughters....

So the male/female interaction is highly beneficial to the family.
Carol

Oak Park, MI

#463 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I'm a gay man. I spend WAY more time with women that you could in your wildest dreams.
They LOVE us gay boys. Something about showering regularly and wearing clean clothes. I don't get it either, but they sure seem to love it!!
Finally he admits they are loved. Break thru, lol.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#464 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You are twisted, and apparently you were raised that way.
Respect? Coming from you, that's a joke.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#465 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, again you should become a fiction writer...get all those crazy voices out of your head.
The crazy lies come from you, Carol. Why, one would think you've never picked up a book in your life. Confess. You're using voice recognition software because you can't read.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#466 Jan 10, 2013
Caro wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with this...
But please be honest, if the average WW in the EVERYDAY media looked like Rosie O'Donnell and she was portrayed as a loud agressive low class woman...
Do you think WW would enjoy turning on the TV...wouldn't they be depressed when they watched that image of WW, every time they turned on TV. May turn to overeating or some other destructive behavior.
Now let's look at it from a mans point of view..we all know that men want the woman who's being pushed as classy, feminine.
Who wants the loud ghetto type that mainstream media is pushing of blk women.
Even if a pie is delicious if the media is showing it in a negative light, the image of thatvpievis going to be media based.
Incapable of thinking for yourself, eh? Now there's a surprise.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#467 Jan 10, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the churches should do what other organizations do: open a separate 501 c 4 political affiliate. We're not really talking about the tax exemption of the entity here. We're talking about tax deductibility of contributions made for charitable purposes.
When it comes to that, what traditional charitable function do the 501 c 3's AFA and FRC perform? Do they feed the hungry? Clothe the poor? House the homeless? Care for the sick? Educate the underprivileged? McDonalds provides more charitable services than either of these two organizations.
My original comment was responding to snypers threat that the tax exempt stautus of Churches be removed... No mention was made of the FRC or AFA..

If you want these groups donors not to be able to write off their donations than why dosent the IRS come down on them?

Churches that speak up in defense of marriage will maintain their tax status as well as their deductability of their donors.

That was my point and it stands.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#468 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight woman like hanging out with gay guys because they are a non threat to them sexually. They get all the benifits of having a male freind with no expectations of sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min My New Alias RULES 1,374,534
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 min Moses 43,480
Most teacher-student statutory rapists are White 2 min Barbosa 28
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 4 min Donavon 133,173
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 6 min True Judgment 389
King Center 'humbled' by decision to put MLK on... 7 min T-BOS 3
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 11 min dcool 6,688
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 24 min Moses 6,178
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 2 hr dreamhunk 3,417
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 2 hr A__v__A 123,775
More from around the web