Why Black Women need to stick With Bl...

Why Black Women need to stick With Black Men

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
ABeautifulMind

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2013
I'm not going to badmouth white men or say their things are small. Honestly some of the best sex I've had was with a white man but that doesn't mean it's right. Heroin I'm sure feels good too along with eating unhealthy food. Just because it feels good doesn't mean it's good for you.

Black men need us. They need our support and no non black man can understand us the same. You shouldn't pay so much attention to internet trolls trying to cause a problem.
ABeautifulMind

United States

#2 Jan 3, 2013
If you love someone be with them all I am saying is do your best to make it work with a black man before you date outside your race.
ABeautifulMind

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2013
I can't believe no one commented in 50 minutes. Guess you have to be a troll trying to cause arguments to get responses. Oh well

LAcreole
Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 3, 2013
Well you're being honest ;-). I would like to add to that this though. I think that judging by the state that black women are in with the single status and children out of wedlock having been abandoned by the men....I think black women need to change their mentality period. Instead of worrying about the color of the man, they should stick to GOOD men. That's their problem, most not all. They have this image of strong black men being masculine, being able to fight another man and 'win' the fight, or a strong black man with a big d_ck. I know many and I mean staggering numbers of black women who literally stated they don't want a 'square' which they stated squares are black men who "talk white".'Talking white' to them means speaking proper English and being articulate. Many, again not all, black women do not want good decent black men who actually believe in family values and a role as a real man. To conclude, black women need to stick to GOOD men. Other women tend to do it by holding their standards high. Black women as a whole don't hold their standards high at all. It screams desperation.
ABeautifulMind

United States

#5 Jan 3, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
Well you're being honest ;-). I would like to add to that this though. I think that judging by the state that black women are in with the single status and children out of wedlock having been abandoned by the men....I think black women need to change their mentality period. Instead of worrying about the color of the man, they should stick to GOOD men. That's their problem, most not all. They have this image of strong black men being masculine, being able to fight another man and 'win' the fight, or a strong black man with a big d_ck. I know many and I mean staggering numbers of black women who literally stated they don't want a 'square' which they stated squares are black men who "talk white".'Talking white' to them means speaking proper English and being articulate. Many, again not all, black women do not want good decent black men who actually believe in family values and a role as a real man. To conclude, black women need to stick to GOOD men. Other women tend to do it by holding their standards high. Black women as a whole don't hold their standards high at all. It screams desperation.
Good points but I don't think it's as much about standards as most of us caring too much about the wrong things like you said.

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#6 Jan 3, 2013
ABeautifulMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points but I don't think it's as much about standards as most of us caring too much about the wrong things like you said.
I think both goes hand in hand actually and are the problem. But nonetheless, like you said, it's caring about the wrong things. Many black women have their priorities completely backwards. Until black women start choosing good men with good characters, the black youth will be doomed to repeat the same pattern because they're learning from their daddies (not fathers) assuming their daddy is in their life, the thug. And if the daddy isn't in their life, then the streets are teaching the poor kid. I have always said to any woman of any ethnicity....both men and women have options. A woman, however, need to be more wise in choosing her option when it comes to men. A man will do to a woman what she will allow him to do which is why men are leaving them with children in rampant numbers. When black women start seeing more value within themselves, they will attract the right type of men. A thug will never approach me because a thug doesn't like a challenge.

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

San Jose, CA

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Here is what is really going on
dispel a few rumors. For one, there is no black women marriage crisis. That is a myth, mostly broadcast by news outlets looking to gain easy views, reads, and rehashed blog topics. However, black women do marry later – 75% will marry by age 35. Secondly, there is no interracial marriage crisis. According to two doctorates from Howard and Morehouse University,“Six percent of married black men who are high school dropouts have a white wife and 92% have black wives. Among black men with college degrees, 10% have a white wife and 85% have black wives.” When eight of 10 black men will marry a black woman, it doesn’t seem like much of an epidemic.
http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012/07/12/why...

Four Myths About Black Marriage
Setting the Record Straight
Is marriage for white people? That question has been asked in one form or another in a series of news reports about the black marriage “crisis.” On the surface, such stories seem to be concerned about black women in search of love, but these media reports have largely served to fuel stereotypes about African Americans. Moreover, by suggesting that too few black men are available to wed, news stories on black marriage have done little more than predict doom and gloom for African-American women who hope to marry. In reality, black marriage isn’t reserved for the

likes of Barack and Michelle Obama. Analysis of census data and other figures has debunked much of the misinformation floating around in the media about the black marriage rate.

Level 1

Location hidden

#10 Jan 3, 2013
ABeautifulMind wrote:
I'm not going to badmouth white men or say their things are small. Honestly some of the best sex I've had was with a white man but that doesn't mean it's right. Heroin I'm sure feels good too along with eating unhealthy food. Just because it feels good doesn't mean it's good for you.
lol If you are looking for black men to give you a pat on the head this is a terrible way to start off. And this is coming from one. Most black men don't want to hear that and would most likely take it pretty hard if you told them that.
Frank

Clarkston, MI

#11 Jan 3, 2013
lester77 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol If you are looking for black men to give you a pat on the head this is a terrible way to start off. And this is coming from one. Most black men don't want to hear that and would most likely take it pretty hard if you told them that.
That's likely a white guy MASQUERADING as a "BW who prefers WM over BM".

In hopes of pissing off black men, there's a lot of racist white guys doing that on here.

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Jan 3, 2013
lester77 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I hope is that you at least try sticking to the topic at hand. It's one of the only reasonably created threads on this forum. She mentioned more on the title, not her experiences with white men. Can one thread on this AA forum be adult-like for once? Come on. What are your thoughts on the title at hand Lester?

Level 1

Location hidden

#13 Jan 3, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
All I hope is that you at least try sticking to the topic at hand. It's one of the only reasonably created threads on this forum. She mentioned more on the title, not her experiences with white men. Can one thread on this AA forum be adult-like for once? Come on. What are your thoughts on the title at hand Lester?
I don't have an issue with it I was only pointing it out. I've never even spoken ill of interracial relationships here even with all the trouble I've been through. If anyone has a right to it would be me. All I'm saying is if you say that to most guys black or white it would be the end of the relationship. Same goes for coming here.

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#14 Jan 3, 2013
lester77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an issue with it I was only pointing it out. I've never even spoken ill of interracial relationships here even with all the trouble I've been through. If anyone has a right to it would be me. All I'm saying is if you say that to most guys black or white it would be the end of the relationship. Same goes for coming here.
I totally understand what you mean ^^^. It's just that if you take out the part of her experience with white men and look at the title itself and the rest of her posting, it's an actual compliment and positive thing she brought up. She's stating that black women and black men should value each other and date one another.
ABeautifulMind

United States

#15 Jan 3, 2013
lester77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my problem if someone is that insecure. I didn't say flat out white men are better at sex. Saying one is better than the other is stupid. I shouldn't have to lie or put anyone else down so you can feel good.

It seems like you're trying to derail what should be a positive thread and make it about something silly.
Sadbutrue

Arlington, VA

#16 Jan 3, 2013
ABeautifulMind wrote:
Black men need us. They need our support and no non black man can understand us the same. You shouldn't pay so much attention to internet trolls trying to cause a problem.
MACEO

STFU and stop whining and go get another Poor Fat White woman! lmao

Nobody wants your or many of the sorry Ass Black men we just say NO!
Sadbutrue

Arlington, VA

#17 Jan 3, 2013
MACEO

Why are Black men always trying to kill someone? LMAO

Wife-burner Christopher Hanney sentenced to prison for life

RAW VIDEO: Christopher Hanney addresses the court

Posted: 03/02/2012
By: Jeff Butera

TAMPA - A judge sentenced Christopher Hanney to life in prison on Friday.

Hanney was convicted of attempted murder, aggravated battery and arson in January.

A jury found Hanney purposefully struck his estranged wife, Audrey Mabrey, with a hammer and then set her on fire, attempting to kill her. This happened in 2009 at the house the couple shared in Apollo Beach.

More: Watch as the murderer addresses his victim at the sentencing hearing. Choose 'Raw Video' in the player above.

Hanney and Mabrey were going to divorce.

Eighty percent of Mabrey's body was burned during the attack, although she was able to survive.

On the witness stand, Hanney told the jury he accidentally hit his wife with a hammer and accidentally set her on fire, after Mabrey and an unknown masked man attacked him.

Read more:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_...

Life in Prison without parole!
ABeautifulMind

United States

#18 Jan 3, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand what you mean ^^^. It's just that if you take out the part of her experience with white men and look at the title itself and the rest of her posting, it's an actual compliment and positive thing she brought up. She's stating that black women and black men should value each other and date one another.
Exactly. I don't hate anyone or feel the need to put anyone down I'm just saying I think black and white people need to TRY to stick with each other. Any black man who is so insecure that he needs me to put down other men I would look at the same as a white man needing me to put down black men.

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#19 Jan 3, 2013
ABeautifulMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I don't hate anyone or feel the need to put anyone down I'm just saying I think black and white people need to TRY to stick with each other. Any black man who is so insecure that he needs me to put down other men I would look at the same as a white man needing me to put down black men.
Exactly. You've stated your experience and that's it. Some people take what they want out of an entire novel and only remember the introduction. You're right...you shouldn't have to lie about your experiences with other men just to uplift one group of men. Same goes for everyone else. This is a positive thread for once. You don't find that in the AA forum. Too many people get offended too easily in this forum it seems.
Sadbutrue

Arlington, VA

#20 Jan 3, 2013
ABeautifulMind wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman accused of befriending a $30million lottery winner, swindling him of his cash and killing him began her trial for murder today.

Dorice 'Dee Dee' Moore, 40, allegedly became close to Florida lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare by claiming she was writing a book about him.

His body was found under a concrete slab behind a home detectives say was owned by Moore's ex-boyfriend in Hillsborough County.

He had been shot twice.
Moore is accused of killing Shakespeare, of Polk County, in April 2009. He won a $30million lottery jackpot in 2006.

Hillsborough Sheriff David Gee alleges she tried to dodge suspicion by using Shakespeare's phone to send family members text messages saying he was OK and also writing letters pretending to be him, according to 10 News.

Moore denies the murder and says she took over Shakespeare's assets, about $3.5million and a mansion, authorities say, so he could get away from people pestering him for money.

'The money was like a curse to him. And now it's become a curse to me,' Moore told reporters in 2010.'God knows I would never take another human being's life.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22391...
all1234

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jan 3, 2013
I think that's exactly it. We do need to stick by eachother. Rather than complaining about what Black men don't have--(even though you KNOW the lack of opportunities as well as all the odds stacked against them) why don't we as Black women have their backs the way the generations before us did.

Because white men as a whole have the better careers, more education, and opportunities because that's the way their forefathers set it up for them, you're going to now abandon them because the odds have been against them!

Then let their selfish, no good behinds jump ship and let the white men have them and us real black women will continue to hold it down, having our men's back, and continue to play our equal role in re-building up our community.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!
ABeautifulMind

United States

#22 Jan 3, 2013
all1234 wrote:
I think that's exactly it. We do need to stick by eachother. Rather than complaining about what Black men don't have--(even though you KNOW the lack of opportunities as well as all the odds stacked against them) why don't we as Black women have their backs the way the generations before us did.
Because white men as a whole have the better careers, more education, and opportunities because that's the way their forefathers set it up for them, you're going to now abandon them because the odds have been against them!
Then let their selfish, no good behinds jump ship and let the white men have them and us real black women will continue to hold it down, having our men's back, and continue to play our equal role in re-building up our community.
See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. You make it sound bad. I believe in this up to a point. My bf right now is black but I don't judge a girl if I see her with a white man. I just think we should try but I won't accept a failure over someone who has something going for him just because the failure is black. I wouldn't tell anyone else to do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,479,981
Yes! Victorian Dresses "DID" COPY natural curva... 4 min Anisha 9
White women 4 min Happyguy 1
Michigan Mayor compares Black people to chimps??? 14 min Israelite Suprema... 2
Why every race of women love black guys? 18 min chinaman 3
Dare I say that "fellatio".... 19 min Ben Quick 10
Why Do So Many Young WW have Mental Health Issues 22 min Ben Quick 3
My Indian cousin married a black man & had a ba... 1 hr zionism is racism 95
Parents Cut Her Off for Dating a Black Man 1 hr Ben Quick 179
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 1 hr Aquarius-wy 213