attai1 a truly nice person or a hidde...

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2422 Jul 9, 2013

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2423 Jul 9, 2013
big mike M wrote:
<quoted text>
When have said Lower Egypt was 100% African 100% is a strong claim d*mb@$$. Agan stop projecting things onto me. YOU haven't posted any genetic studies that showed there was SIGNIFICANT Eurasian gene flow into Lower Egypt. I already told you Eurasian gene flow was very LITTLE and mostly came after the late dynastic period, you're NOT going to find any studies that state their was a significant Eurasian population in Lower Egypt. If there are then POST them.
Again Lower Egypt was mainly African because after densification, that's when the population from Upper Egypt started migrating more into Lower Egypt.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w513/Amun...
The occupation areas in Lower Egypt are much NEWER and before 8,000 BC Lower Egypt was NOT even populated. Not only that...But AGAIN the FIRST SETTLEMENTS in the delta are from the SOUTHWEST and NOT the Southeast. Why is that??? That alone blows a complete big hole in your argument.
And again...
Material culture is African in nature and not Asiatic.
"The initial movements westwards across the Sahara and, almost a millennium later, are likely to have been caused by the succession of drought episodes at 7600, 6800-6500, 6100, 5800, and 5500-5400 cal BC (8.6, 7.9-7.7, 7.26, 7, 6.6-6.5 kyr bp)…"-- Fekri Hassan, Droughts, Food, and Culture: Ecological Change and Food Security in Africa’s Prehistory
"..the early cultures of Merimde, the Fayum, Badari Naqada I and II are essentially African and early African social customs and religious beliefs were the root and foundation of the ancient Egyptian way of life." Shaw, Thurston (1976) Changes in African Archaeology in the Last Forty Years in African Studies since 1945
Again why the heck would Eurasians have an AFRICAN culture???? When people migrate they STILL keep their culture.
Give this genetic argument a rest. Its futile since Lower Egyptians were the SAME as the Upper Egyptian and I showed you this millions of times which you IGNORED. Give it a rest already.
<quoted text>
D*mb@$$ the Nazlet Khater man is the OLDEST remains FOUND in all of Egypt and its culture extended to the Levant. Find me Eurasian remains in Egypt that old. I'll wait...
<quoted text>
ROFLMFAO!!!! When the fck did I claim the Olmecs or say they were an African people??? When you know me and Bakari argument against the Afronuts who were saying they were. LOL!
See Shining in Darkness! See how much of a psychopath Barris is??? He projects things onto people which people have never even said/claimed. This guy is a complete weirdo.
Oh, now it's “significant” Eurasian presence! LOL!!!

No, liar, clown, Afronazi and dropout, you claimed no Eurasians were there, that it was pure African.

And you know damned well that I called you, demanded the evidence, and you know what the evidence shows, boy.

LOL!!!

YOU LOSE and you just admitted it.

YET ANOTHER victory of Reason over Afronazism!!!

And you are NOT a Lithuanian!!!

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2424 Jul 9, 2013
Now go back to kissy-kiss with your new Nazi Aussie boyfriend.
Shining in darkness

Geebung, Australia

#2425 Jul 9, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
Now go back to kissy-kiss with your new Nazi Aussie boyfriend.
Oh poor Barros copping it from all angles and getting your arse kicked thoroughly. Mike and I have been on good terms before in case you didn't know. He is a proud Black man as I am proud White man. And even more importantly we are both gamers. You on the other hand are a Jewish extremist who is unquestionably on many watch list yourself lol. Just like that lil bitch in the video. Bazza you keep calling me a Nazi but how can I be be something that no longer exist?. There are no Nazis except for a few very old Germans.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#2426 Jul 11, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
Scruton has commented on Dadaism. He did a BBC documentary titled "Why Beauty Matters" that is really good. If you want you can watch it here:
http://tinyurl.com/q3ftkd6
It's an hour long.
I added the movie "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" to my Netflix queue. I haven't seen it or heard of it before. Maybe I'll let you know what I think. It got good reviews on rottontomatoes.com
I saw that movie when it came out in Bmore at the Charles Theatre. I preferred Kundera's novel. He's good, though not really one of my favorites. Or maybe he will be once I've read him again. Among European writers the French and the Russians (esp 19th cent Russians) are my favorites.

Level 7

Location hidden

#2427 Jul 11, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I saw that movie when it came out in Bmore at the Charles Theatre. I preferred Kundera's novel. He's good, though not really one of my favorites. Or maybe he will be once I've read him again. Among European writers the French and the Russians (esp 19th cent Russians) are my favorites.
Cool. I really like Dostoevsky. He's the only 19th century Russian I've read.
Loulou

Slagelse, Denmark

#2428 Jul 11, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
Scruton is interesting and raises important issues.
Here I'm a little ambivalent . Because we've seen that art and music have not always lifted ppl to a higher spiritual level. The Nazis is a good example.( I used it against my mom in a recent discussion ). Kundera's definition of kitch is : when you exclude sh!t ( uglieness ). But I do think there are some ppl ( not me Lol ) who through art and music - are able to touch the divine ( not in a religious understand ). But we do not recognize them as we used to because it's highly taburized to call something bad taste. Everyone is equal Lol.
Loulou

Slagelse, Denmark

#2429 Jul 12, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a pick Walter:
http://youtu.be/zhFcBGQLehw
http://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo
I think that ppl without real talent, can become famous for other reasons - bodydecoration fx. All these silly IMO haircuts, piercings and tattoos . This exhibitionistic culture and the desire to be noticed. Even ugly ppl. I mean become so ugly that they'll be noticed. Better negative attention than none. And ppl don't wanna try to develop thier talents. Some have none. And everything become a comsumerthing. And women are so eager for men to find them attractive that they become ugly in the process of persuing beauty. Generally speaking . I always thought that Anne Sophia Mutter was a good rolemodel for modest beauty. Of corse she's got a great talent.
About consumerism I think Duane Hansson pictured it so well, it's almost embarrassing to watch his very lively waxfigures.
Loulou

Slagelse, Denmark

#2430 Jul 12, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I saw that movie when it came out in Bmore at the Charles Theatre. I preferred Kundera's novel. He's good, though not really one of my favorites. Or maybe he will be once I've read him again. Among European writers the French and the Russians (esp 19th cent Russians) are my favorites.
The novel is better I agree. Kundera is not a "classic" IMO, but still he's good.
What about Kafka, Knut Hamsun, Thomas Mann etc. There are reasons to look outside France and Russia sometimes.
I like Haruki Murakami of todays authors.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#2431 Jul 12, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
The novel is better I agree. Kundera is not a "classic" IMO, but still he's good.
What about Kafka, Knut Hamsun, Thomas Mann etc. There are reasons to look outside France and Russia sometimes.
I like Haruki Murakami of todays authors.
Franz Kafka is superb, the best (at least in my opinion) of the authoers you mention. Thomas Mann I've read less of, but he seems to be very good as well. Perhaps more classical or aristocratic than Kafka.

Level 7

Location hidden

#2432 Jul 12, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
Scruton is interesting and raises important issues.
Here I'm a little ambivalent . Because we've seen that art and music have not always lifted ppl to a higher spiritual level. The Nazis is a good example.( I used it against my mom in a recent discussion ). Kundera's definition of kitch is : when you exclude sh!t ( uglieness ). But I do think there are some ppl ( not me Lol ) who through art and music - are able to touch the divine ( not in a religious understand ). But we do not recognize them as we used to because it's highly taburized to call something bad taste. Everyone is equal Lol.
I'm not sure I understand what Kundera was saying there about kitsch being the exclusion of ugliness. It doesn't seem right to me. I remember reading that a writer contemporary to the Nazi era saying that the art the Nazis used was kitsch; I don't remember who it was. A lot of the Soviet propaganda art was kitsch as well -- I actually kind of like some of those old Soviet posters. There's nothing wrong with a little kitsch every now and then. I enjoy things sometimes that would probably be considered kitsch. The way I like to think of it is that kitsch is to art as sugar is to food.

Level 7

Location hidden

#2433 Jul 12, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a pick Walter:
http://youtu.be/zhFcBGQLehw
http://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo
Lol. I'll go with the first one. It was very nice. I could only listen to maybe 30 seconds of the second one.
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that ppl without real talent, can become famous for other reasons - bodydecoration fx. All these silly IMO haircuts, piercings and tattoos . This exhibitionistic culture and the desire to be noticed. Even ugly ppl. I mean become so ugly that they'll be noticed. Better negative attention than none. And ppl don't wanna try to develop thier talents. Some have none. And everything become a comsumerthing. And women are so eager for men to find them attractive that they become ugly in the process of persuing beauty. Generally speaking .
Yeah, and some people are just famous for being famous. I agree with you.
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought that Anne Sophia Mutter was a good rolemodel for modest beauty. Of corse she's got a great talent.
About consumerism I think Duane Hansson pictured it so well, it's almost embarrassing to watch his very lively waxfigures.
This is probably in bad taste but I just have to say it: Anne-Sophie Mutter is a MILF! Sorry, I just couldn't resist that with her last name being "Mutter." (lol sorry) I'll have to look up Duane Hansson; I've not heard of him before.
Loulou

Slagelse, Denmark

#2434 Jul 13, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I understand what Kundera was saying there about kitsch being the exclusion of ugliness. It doesn't seem right to me. I remember reading that a writer contemporary to the Nazi era saying that the art the Nazis used was kitsch; I don't remember who it was. A lot of the Soviet propaganda art was kitsch as well -- I actually kind of like some of those old Soviet posters. There's nothing wrong with a little kitsch every now and then. I enjoy things sometimes that would probably be considered kitsch. The way I like to think of it is that kitsch is to art as sugar is to food.
True the Nazi propaganda posters etc are pr definition kitch. And there's no difference between a KZ lager and a Gulag. And the Sovjet propaganda is very similar.
But the Nazis themselves listened to Wagner and stole a lot of art they enjoyed.
I think Kundera means that if we only picture one side of life and deny the darker sides like death, poverty, fear, insanety or what ever it becomes kitch. Like Edward Munch does not deny the darker sides in his art. But there's still a lot of beauty to his works.

Level 7

Location hidden

#2435 Jul 13, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
True the Nazi propaganda posters etc are pr definition kitch. And there's no difference between a KZ lager and a Gulag. And the Sovjet propaganda is very similar.
But the Nazis themselves listened to Wagner and stole a lot of art they enjoyed.
I think Kundera means that if we only picture one side of life and deny the darker sides like death, poverty, fear, insanety or what ever it becomes kitch. Like Edward Munch does not deny the darker sides in his art. But there's still a lot of beauty to his works.
I see. So would Kundera see this painting as kitsch?

http://tinyurl.com/d2nkm6o
yop

Villerupt, France

#2436 Jul 13, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> Oh well. Don't despair, Mr. White Man. Whites will almost certain still have the lionshare of political and economic power, as in colonized Africa and Asia of yesteryear. Indeed, as America is still the globally dominant capitalist power (with your ancestral Europe as junion partner), whites will probably economically dominate the globe for some time,
Oh, I forgot just one thing. Only a TINY portion of you whites will have that power--the 1%. And they are steadily driving your standard of living to a level similar to ours.
So, I guess most white Americans will move from being the OPPRESSED MAJORITY to be another OPPRESSED MINORITY. Dayum!
I know what that feels like. If you need pointers on how to at least SURVIVE as an oppressed minority, I'm sure some of my people could give you sage advice. Or simply talk to any of your Hispanic or Native American neighbors. I'm sure they're a fountain of wisdom in this area as well.
No mate,i disagree.the future will not belong to white supremacy.Over time,mankind is evolving and men of tomorrow will be mixed men just like obama!It's the best solution against racism:mixing...
Loulou

Slagelse, Denmark

#2437 Jul 13, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So would Kundera see this painting as kitsch?
http://tinyurl.com/d2nkm6o
He was talking about communistic kitsch, political and religious kitsch.
There is room for a whole lot of intepretation of the Venus picture.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#2438 Jul 14, 2013
yop wrote:
<quoted text>
No mate,i disagree.the future will not belong to white supremacy.Over time,mankind is evolving and men of tomorrow will be mixed men just like obama!It's the best solution against racism:mixing...
Only a revolutionary transformation of the entire order of things is a solution to racism. For some time--not forever--whites will have a monopoly of wealth and power even when they become a minority in America.
But that will not last forever, and only a tiny portion of whites will have that wealth and power for whatever time it lasts.

Level 7

Location hidden

#2439 Jul 14, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
He was talking about communistic kitsch, political and religious kitsch.
There is room for a whole lot of intepretation of the Venus picture.
I see. BTW, I looked up Duane Hanson and saw pictures of his wax figures. Some of them were kind of creepy.

Level 7

Location hidden

#2440 Jul 14, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. BTW, I looked up Duane Hanson and saw pictures of his wax figures. Some of them were kind of creepy.
I especially liked this one right here:
http://tinyurl.com/ptzzqcg
Loulou

Slagelse, Denmark

#2441 Jul 21, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
I especially liked this one right here:
http://tinyurl.com/ptzzqcg
Oh, I didn't see that one. Quite scary since it's real waxfigures of ppl.
About beauty - and the denial of beauty in the late 60s, 70s I send you this link it's Nancy Friday psychiatrist. It's about womens beauty. But can be seen as more general IMO. http://youtu.be/aHP040AzRNU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Controlled media does not want to talk about Bi... 4 min RMGHispanic Causi... 1
the european's rh:(rhesus monkey) factor secret? (Jan '09) 13 min VizierIsback 264
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min FYVM 1,382,935
A GREAT Feeling to Watch Whiteys Becoming IRREL... 22 min Ruth 3
News Texas voter ID law deemed minority-thwarting dr... 27 min spud 18
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 39 min MASKIM HUL 134,212
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 53 min big hard login 6,358
Police Search for Serial Gang Rapist Described ... 2 hr Obsidian2xxx 25
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr TranshumanX 44,825
Trump taking about deporting illegal immigrants 8 hr Big Woody 58
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 10 hr BM Need To Listen... 75
More from around the web