Why do blacks speak broken english (e...

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#418 Feb 7, 2014
why wrote:
why do black people speak Ebonics at all? America is made up of people from all over the world, you have the English, French, Spanish, German, African, Korean, Chinese etc etc. Every race that comes to this country starts learning the English language, they may have accents but there still speaking English. African American's don't want to speak proper English they say things like Let me axe you sumin or who that is, or Check yo' self, what ya be doin etc etc Why? I work in a call center and the African Americans that work there speak like this to people on the phone it amazes me. Why not just learn and speak English like every other race on the planet that is living in America
because english is not our language, you dumba88! ebonics is our language...we are not your race or your people, so, why the fk do you expect us to speak your language? Y'all are the ones who segregated yourselves from us for hundreds and hundreds of years...well,we are a different culture. we just happen to live in the same country as you. a country we built, by the way, so it's us who really should be asking why y'all don't speak proper ebonics, the language of america's TRUE people.

Level 8

Location hidden

#419 Feb 7, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's (not "is" lol) not true Ebonics, but it's indubitably some kind of text fad for young people.
And for the record; I'm quite aware what "correct" Ebonics sounds like - no wat im sayin, dawg?
why you mad, fella? you triflin to come on here talking about "it's" and "is" like anbody gives a sh8t about your bastardized language. Maybe you should simply abscond from this location and indulge in intimate relations with your person... eloquent, huh?

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#420 Feb 7, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text>because english is not our language, you dumba88! ebonics is our language...we are not your race or your people, so, why the fk do you expect us to speak your language? Y'all are the ones who segregated yourselves from us for hundreds and hundreds of years...well,we are a different culture. we just happen to live in the same country as you. a country we built, by the way, so it's us who really should be asking why y'all don't speak proper ebonics, the language of america's TRUE people.
"because english is not our language, you dumba88! ebonics is our language"

Ebonics this and Ebonics that. Ebonics is nothing but a euphamism for illiteracy. And for a guy who makes it a point not to speak English, you seem to be better at it than the so-called Ebonics langauge you profess to speak - ya feel me dawg? Perhaps YOU should "abscond" from this location. u b tryin to sound all dope n shit, but y'all's rendition of ebonics sound all fake an shit, no wat im sayin homie?(that was a more realistic example of Ebonics, not the spurious tripe you've displayed thus far). For all I know, you're either a White guy trying to make Blacks look like illiterate bufffons, or perhaps "is" just a computer program designed to simulate human conversation :)

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#421 Feb 7, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text> why you mad, fella? you triflin to come on here talking about "it's" and "is" like anbody gives a sh8t about your bastardized language. Maybe you should simply abscond from this location and indulge in intimate relations with your person... eloquent, huh?
"ou triflin to come on here talking about "it's" and "is" like anbody gives a sh8t about your bastardized language."

LOL...ROTFLOL...Desmond Sandiford the only thing that sounds "bastardized" is your rendition of Ebonics...lol.

Not to go on a tangent, but this website is a piece of fucking garbage. It freezes my computer every single time.
BlackWomenwith13 7IQ

United States

#422 Feb 7, 2014
All American's speak broken English! Not just BLACKS! Just as French have patwa English has different variations of dialect depending on the region. Also, in slavery and all the way up to Jim Crow days African Americans had to speak in code to keep from getting beaten or hung or both. THIS IS THE TYPE OF INFORMATION YOU LEARN IN HIGH SCHOOL! Well should lean in high school or at least college. Also, there are more WHITES THAT LIVE IN RURAL AREAS THAT CANNOT SPEAK PROPERLY THAN BLACKS. If you are surrounded by BLACKS that only speak in Ebonics chances are YOU'RE LIVING IN A LOW INCOME area yourself. CLEAN YOURSELF UP, GET EDUCATED AND MAYBE YOU'LL HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF MEETING BLACKS WHO ARE WELL SPOKEN. B-)
BlackWomenwith13 7IQ

United States

#423 Feb 7, 2014
Wynn wrote:
I don't understand how any self respecting African-American would speak it or teach their child to speak it in a public setting.
1. The majority of people outside their community don't understand them.
2. Can't get a job outside of being behind closed doors(dish washer) because they can't speak properly.
3. Appears(Well they are) to be less educated to the vast population.
I'm sure there are more reasons...
I respect immigrants who come to this country not speaking perfect language but at least they're attempting and a a few months to a year they will have their english down and be perfectly understandable. I mean sometimes they speak their native tongue inside their own home, that's perfectly fine.
I've never was taught to use ebonics and I just want to know why people would hinder themselves in public settings by using such slang.
It's funny how you tried very hard to seem intelligent. However, as an African American that you claim you claim to be you don't know the history of slavery and language. Msg. The Spanish spoken in the States is broken. The French even in France is broken. French even has patwa. Also, if EVER GO TO COLLEGE AND TAKE SOCIOLOGY YOU LEARN THAT THE EFFECTS OF SLAVERY LINGER ON AND THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A RACE TO BE OPPRESSED TO THE EXTENT THAT AFRICANS IN AMERICA HAVE BEEN OPPRESSED AND SHAKE OUT IT'D IN A FEW DECADES. As recent as Jim Crow days Blacks had to speak in code to avoid getting beaten or hung or both. It's was also a death wish for a Black man or woman to appear intelligent. IF YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY BLACKS WHO ONLY SPEAK EBONICS CHANCES ARE YOU YOURSELF ARE UNDER EDUCATED AND LIVE IN A LOW INCOME NEIGHBORHOOD. LOOK IN THE MIRROR. If you see a need fill a need. Mentor youth, once you've been properly educated of course.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#424 Feb 7, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text>because english is not our language, you dumba88! ebonics is our language...we are not your race or your people, so, why the fk do you expect us to speak your language? Y'all are the ones who segregated yourselves from us for hundreds and hundreds of years...well,we are a different culture. we just happen to live in the same country as you. a country we built, by the way, so it's us who really should be asking why y'all don't speak proper ebonics, the language of america's TRUE people.
If that was the case, I would be speaking Old German. Not the stuff they teach in schools for as foreign languages. Since that is the majority of my ancestry. Even though both sides of my family came here in the 1880s.
And I bet if you went over to Africa, they would NOT be able to understand Ebonics. They would ask you to either speak the actual language of the area or English. Since some of them have taken the time to learn different languages. Be they English, Francoise, or one or more forms of Spanish.

Level 8

Location hidden

#425 Feb 7, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
"because english is not our language, you dumba88! ebonics is our language"
Ebonics this and Ebonics that. Ebonics is nothing but a euphamism for illiteracy. And for a guy who makes it a point not to speak English, you seem to be better at it than the so-called Ebonics langauge you profess to speak - ya feel me dawg? Perhaps YOU should "abscond" from this location. u b tryin to sound all dope n shit, but y'all's rendition of ebonics sound all fake an shit, no wat im sayin homie?(that was a more realistic example of Ebonics, not the spurious tripe you've displayed thus far). For all I know, you're either a White guy trying to make Blacks look like illiterate bufffons, or perhaps "is" just a computer program designed to simulate human conversation :)
well, I am quite offended by your somewhat frivolous insinuations that I am an individual of the caucasian persuasion. Perhaps you should delve more profoundly into the highly complex origins of the so-called english language. you may discover that english is not a language at all, but simply and amalgam...a hodge-podge as it were, of many different languages, which impugns it's pretensions of legitimacy. so, once again, abscond. engage yourself in self-buggery. toodles.

Level 8

Location hidden

#426 Feb 7, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
"ou triflin to come on here talking about "it's" and "is" like anbody gives a sh8t about your bastardized language."
LOL...ROTFLOL...Desmond Sandiford the only thing that sounds "bastardized" is your rendition of Ebonics...lol.
Not to go on a tangent, but this website is a piece of fucking garbage. It freezes my computer every single time.
so why the fk don't you and every other piece of shit white troll stop coming to our forum?

Level 8

Location hidden

#427 Feb 7, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was the case, I would be speaking Old German. Not the stuff they teach in schools for as foreign languages. Since that is the majority of my ancestry. Even though both sides of my family came here in the 1880s.
And I bet if you went over to Africa, they would NOT be able to understand Ebonics. They would ask you to either speak the actual language of the area or English. Since some of them have taken the time to learn different languages. Be they English, Francoise, or one or more forms of Spanish.
ebonics is the language of african americans. it's not german or swahili. it's OUR language. You don't have to like it or speak it. I'm just telling you that it's not english and it's not trying to be english. Ebonics is the most beautiful language. this is why for example, white rappers have more fans that white rock bands...but if you don't like, well just don't speak it and and don't talk to people who speak it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#429 Feb 7, 2014
i think we should view ebonics as a separate language from english...different from english in many ways. the roots of ebonics have to do with west african speech patterns. the analogy is spanish and portuguese. for example, "many" is "mucho" in spanish and "muito" in portuguese. "ask" is "pregunta" in spanish and "pergunta" in portuguese. So, I would say, ebonics is to english as spanish is to portuguese.

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#430 Feb 7, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text> well, I am quite offended by your somewhat frivolous insinuations that I am an individual of the caucasian persuasion. Perhaps you should delve more profoundly into the highly complex origins of the so-called english language. you may discover that english is not a language at all, but simply and amalgam...a hodge-podge as it were, of many different languages, which impugns it's pretensions of legitimacy. so, once again, abscond. engage yourself in self-buggery. toodles.
"I am quite offended by your somewhat frivolous insinuations that I am an individual of the caucasian persuasion"

What do you expect, when all you've been doing the past few posts, is competing to see who knows more "eloquent" words?!? Perhaps you should hit up the black folk in da hood, and learn REAL Ebonics, no wat im sayin, homie? Even though I'm not white, I grew up in a predominately Afro-American and Hispanic neighborHOOD, so don't attempt to fool me with your bogus Ebonics. Repeating "y'all" and failing to capitalize key words is hardly a credible representation of Ebonics. Thus far, you've proven to be a mere dilettante at best.

"which impugns it's pretensions of legitimacy."

Speaking of "it's" and "its" lol

It's is a contraction of "it is."

Its is a possessive adjective. Example: which impugns "its" pretensions of legitimacy.

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#431 Feb 7, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am quite offended by your somewhat frivolous insinuations that I am an individual of the caucasian persuasion"
What do you expect, when all you've been doing the past few posts, is competing to see who knows more "eloquent" words?!? Perhaps you should hit up the black folk in da hood, and learn REAL Ebonics, no wat im sayin, homie? Even though I'm not white, I grew up in a predominately Afro-American and Hispanic neighborHOOD, so don't attempt to fool me with your bogus Ebonics. Repeating "y'all" and failing to capitalize key words is hardly a credible representation of Ebonics. Thus far, you've proven to be a mere dilettante at best.
"which impugns it's pretensions of legitimacy."
Speaking of "it's" and "its" lol
It's is a contraction of "it is."
Its is a possessive adjective. Example: which impugns "its" pretensions of legitimacy.
"Even though I'm not white"

Correction: Even though I'm not black :)

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#432 Feb 7, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text>so why the fk don't you and every other piece of shit white troll stop coming to our forum?
Calling the bluff of imposters is almost worth the temporary computer freezing that may follow :)

Level 8

Location hidden

#433 Feb 8, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling the bluff of imposters is almost worth the temporary computer freezing that may follow :)
what you mean is, you a worthless piece of shit with nothing better to do with your time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#434 Feb 8, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
"Even though I'm not white"
Correction: Even though I'm not black :)
yes, tell us more you confused, ignoramus. explore for us the complex and wholly arbitrary grammatical conventions of contractions and possessive "articles" of the english language and the lofty eloquence it thereby endows upon you. Must be a heady thrill that supercilious dolt such as yourself can derive exquisite gratification from your half-assed rote of the capricious structural rules governing english clauses and phrases.

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#435 Feb 8, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text>yes, tell us more you confused, ignoramus. explore for us the complex and wholly arbitrary grammatical conventions of contractions and possessive "articles" of the english language and the lofty eloquence it thereby endows upon you. Must be a heady thrill that supercilious dolt such as yourself can derive exquisite gratification from your half-assed rote of the capricious structural rules governing english clauses and phrases.
Fascinating that with all that tap dancing you still missed the whole point. The jocosity behind your overextended displays of "eloquent" terms only reinforce the fact that you're an imposter who knows squat about Ebonics. Every single one of your screeds in this thread fail to manifest any indication that you're an avid exponent of "Ebonics" - ya feel me dawg? You can take your spurious crock and "abscond" where the sun don't shine, homie.
Big Red Booger

Omaha, NE

#436 Feb 8, 2014
Just too lazy to talk

“New venture, old theme”

Monterey Ca

#437 Feb 8, 2014
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text>yes, tell us more you confused, ignoramus. explore for us the complex and wholly arbitrary grammatical conventions of contractions and possessive "articles" of the english language and the lofty eloquence it thereby endows upon you. Must be a heady thrill that supercilious dolt such as yourself can derive exquisite gratification from your half-assed rote of the capricious structural rules governing english clauses and phrases.
LOL...ROTFLOL...Desmond Sandiford your whole existence in this thread is a contradiction you fictitious piece of shit...lol.

Level 8

Location hidden

#438 Feb 8, 2014
Seduciary wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating that with all that tap dancing you still missed the whole point. The jocosity behind your overextended displays of "eloquent" terms only reinforce the fact that you're an imposter who knows squat about Ebonics. Every single one of your screeds in this thread fail to manifest any indication that you're an avid exponent of "Ebonics" - ya feel me dawg? You can take your spurious crock and "abscond" where the sun don't shine, homie.
interesting contextual employment of the term "abscond" from an interloper imposing an unwelcome and unsavory sojourn unto the african american forum. however, demonstrating your proficiency and eloquent mastery of the most authentic forms of ebonics with constant repetitions of "homie" and "dawg" at the end of every sentence does distinguish you as a bilingual wonder. bestow upon us more of that enlightened erudition you gleaned from the streets of your trailer park. we're all most interested in the authoritative affectations of a presumptuous cumquat such as yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Three Stages of Fear 3 min Puhlease 6
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 min Moses 135,967
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 12 min kuda 142
Why I love black men: From a white woman (Feb '15) 19 min pat 103
Why do black people destroy everything they com... (Sep '14) 21 min Batman 80
Hard proof The elites want blacks to be treated... 39 min lol 8
I ain't no cracker 48 min Raptor 14
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Moses 46,268
The UK has left the EU 1 hr Moses 70
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 6 hr Stupid Thread 1,298