Massive earthquake hits Chile, is it ...

Massive earthquake hits Chile, is it a coincidense or Global warming

Created by hello on Feb 27, 2010

340 votes

Click on an option to vote

global warming

coincidence

other

all the above

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#45 Feb 27, 2010
The Quake was devastating. I hate that all these natural disasters are happenin' around the world. My condolences go out too all the families who lost loved ones from this tragedy :(

“The Virtue of Selfishness”

Level 4

Since: Dec 09

The Office.

#46 Feb 27, 2010
Global warming is a bunch of bull*hit.
Cecil

Westminster, CA

#47 Feb 27, 2010
Yeah and the Al Gore made millions from the Global warming lie what a scam hustler
talkingmonkey

Lancaster, PA

#49 Feb 28, 2010
Cecil wrote:
Yeah and the Al Gore made millions from the Global warming lie what a scam hustler
al gore is a phat piece of sheit !!!!!!!!!

Rego Park, NY

#50 Feb 28, 2010
Tally wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Chile is one of the more stable countries in South America despite major differences in the income of its citizens. Haiti is extremely poor and dysfunctional.
2. Chile is further away from the US than Haiti.
3. Unlike Haiti, Chile doesn't have a large expatriate population in the US concentrated in the media centers of the US.
4. The cruelty of timing: the disaster that happens first always gets the most attention (and donations).
5. Compassion fatigue.
no, it's because haitians are black. It's un-PC to help white countries.
Barros Serrano

United States

#51 Feb 28, 2010
Cecil wrote:
Are you really that ignorant, you stinking dittohead traitor?

The polar ice is SHRINKING, fool! I don't give a damn what the weather is at YOUR house right now... the earth as a whole is warming. THE ICE IS MELTING you goddam fascist halfwit! AL GORE did not make this happen, moron! IT IS REAL!!!

There are places where the PERMAFROST is muck in the summer now. Polar bears are losing habitat, meaning ICE. The glaciers EVERYWHERE on earth are shrinking.

You brainwashed rightwing fascist retrograde reprobates need to read a few books and turn off talk radio.
Barros Serrano

United States

#52 Feb 28, 2010
PS. There is no known link between climate and tectonic activity.

Level 4

The Office.

#53 Feb 28, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
<quoted text>
no, it's because haitians are black. It's un-PC to help white countries.
You actually have a good point.
Shelly

Epping, Australia

#54 Feb 28, 2010
I think global warming IS to blame. As a result of global warming our polar caps are melting, storms are increasing, winters are bitterly wet or snowy (due to the heat evaporating more h2o and being stored in our atmosphere. COLDER WINTERS were predicted by scientist as part of global warming. However the average yearly global temperature is higher).
Earthquakes have increased (for a graph visit: www.thehorizonproject.com/earthquakes.cfm ).

One theory to support that earthquakes may be caused by global warming is that with the ice caps melting, weight is being relieved from those specific areas and thus it causes changes to the pressure on tectonic plates which, in turn, move or adjust. What happens when tectonic plates move? Earthquakes.
It is time to put FEAR aside and focas on a global cure. Every reputable science facility in the world, both govermental and university based, agrees that it's happening and that our emmisions are more than likely to blame...IT'S TIME TO ACT. Not sit on our hands and see how things pan out. If you suspect you may have a cancerous lump you have it checked out and delt with. You don't stay home and just hope it goes away.
Lets NOT have any regrets.
Our earth is trying to tell us something.
MattN

Painted Post, NY

#55 Mar 1, 2010
Shelly,

You cannot possibly be serious...right?

Level 4

The Office.

#56 Mar 2, 2010
It's the Bible fulfilling its self.3359
Geologist

UK

#58 Mar 2, 2010
Earthquakes happen, people die, whole species become extinct.....its the natural cycle of the planet to stop the Earth over crowding. Global warming has nothing to do with earthquaqes and is a natural process that happens every so many million years. Maybe its the beginning of the end of the human world but its not the end of the planet.
Geologist

UK

#59 Mar 2, 2010
p.s. Earth itself is also racist.
chilean

Houston, TX

#60 Mar 3, 2010
there are germans in chile too. I was looking at the photos and this guy look straight up german. I know for a fact the government stimulated European immigration and in a documental I saw, they showed how some of these people have even preserved the German language.

he's here, the guy next to the street.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/03/02/...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Chilean

Chile is considered the most stable and organized Latin American country. More than Argentina.

from the cia:
Sound economic policies, maintained consistently since the 1980s, have contributed to steady growth, reduced poverty rates by over half, and have helped secure the country's commitment to democratic and representative government. Chile has increasingly assumed regional and international leadership roles befitting its status as a stable, democratic nation.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
Nerd

Canberra, Australia

#61 Mar 15, 2010
chinyere wrote:
I think it's Global warming, look what happened to haiti. plus I'm hearing in the news that it most likely will hit Australia and Hawaii
Global has NOTHING to do with the constant shifting and moving of the tectonic plates. The two issues are completely unrelated

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,565,645
Baby-daddy tosses sprog down stairs, makes good... 28 min OBEY JIM CROW LAW 8
Chicago cop owns racust websites 32 min OBEY JIM CROW LAW 2
Women: What is more important to you? 35 min OBEY JIM CROW LAW 61
Bald BM. Dark-hair WW. 38 min OBEY JIM CROW LAW 9
Are Dominicans Black or Latino? (Sep '08) 40 min Study n finish sc... 957
more white men should become cuckold (Jul '14) 57 min Paul is dead 253
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 2 hr Y do whites wrink... 92
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 2 hr Trollslayer 139
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 6 hr blackist 1,539