(LADIES!!)Best products for dry sensi...

(LADIES!!)Best products for dry sensitive skin AND hair moisturizers?

Posted in the African-American Forum

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 8, 2012
I personally adore dove. I love how it feels when I use it in the shower and I like the shampoos and conditioners for my hair as well as the lotions. However is there a product out there you ladies know that works better than that? What is a good product to add to baths other than bubbles. I have some what sensitive dry skin and what I usually use for a bath instead of the liquid bubbles is africas best oil it comes in a orangish bottle with a red cap and it runs about 2 bucks at Walmart or beauty supply stores. I use it for my hair as well but it does wonders for my skin too. Anyway any suggestions on trying new products?
I like to keep a moisturizer on my hair when I wear it natural. I personally like garnier (the putty type of stuff that comes in the small container) and I use to use hair mayonaise yet someone told me something bad about it so I stopped using it. Anyway any suggestions?

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 8, 2012
I use aussie hair products and herbal essences long term relationship leave-in conditioner.I use most marykay products for my(semsitive) skin

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I hear Aussie was a great product. I think I might try that one. And at one point in time I used herbal essence. Don't know why I ever stopped. It did my hair justice on moisture. How are the Mary Kay products? I use to use clinique but it just got too expensive for me. I wouldn't mind going back to it. But macys had killer prices that burn holes in my pockets lol

Odinist

“Viking.”

Level 2

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
I personally adore dove. I love how it feels when I use it in the shower and I like the shampoos and conditioners for my hair as well as the lotions. However is there a product out there you ladies know that works better than that? What is a good product to add to baths other than bubbles. I have some what sensitive dry skin and what I usually use for a bath instead of the liquid bubbles is africas best oil it comes in a orangish bottle with a red cap and it runs about 2 bucks at Walmart or beauty supply stores. I use it for my hair as well but it does wonders for my skin too. Anyway any suggestions on trying new products?
I like to keep a moisturizer on my hair when I wear it natural. I personally like garnier (the putty type of stuff that comes in the small container) and I use to use hair mayonaise yet someone told me something bad about it so I stopped using it. Anyway any suggestions?
Thanks, now I´m thinking about you in a shower..
hope and change

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Id use Mobil one 10 w 40 on those ashy knees and elbows

And wd 40 to keep that weave nice and greasy.

and home depot sells a belt sanders that works great on those cracked crusty heels

Oh and here's a tip for oiling that dry winter scalp 3 in 1 oil comes in its own long necked can to get into those problem areas like corn rows weaves and locs

All of these products are aproved for use on out of date farm equipment.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 8, 2012
I don't wear weaves child. Tsk Tsk. How about you run along and play in your parents chemicals and maybe drink some drain-o will do a lot of people a good deal if you were non existent.
hope and change wrote:
Id use Mobil one 10 w 40 on those ashy knees and elbows
And wd 40 to keep that weave nice and greasy.
and home depot sells a belt sanders that works great on those cracked crusty heels
Oh and here's a tip for oiling that dry winter scalp 3 in 1 oil comes in its own long necked can to get into those problem areas like corn rows weaves and locs
All of these products are aproved for use on out of date farm equipment.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#7 Oct 8, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
I hear Aussie was a great product. I think I might try that one. And at one point in time I used herbal essence. Don't know why I ever stopped. It did my hair justice on moisture. How are the Mary Kay products? I use to use clinique but it just got too expensive for me. I wouldn't mind going back to it. But macys had killer prices that burn holes in my pockets lol
Yes.But my skin doesnt really like clinique products but mary kay works wonders.I.ignored Aussie for a long time but then I tried their 3 minute deep conditioner and have been using them ever since.Its the only store brand that really gets the job done.And I have really dense thick hair so the fact that its so cheap helps alot.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Odinist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, now I´m thinking about you in a shower..
It doesn't take much does it? Lol there were no specifics my friend but my apologies.

Odinist

“Viking.”

Level 2

Location hidden

#9 Oct 8, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take much does it? Lol there were no specifics my friend but my apologies.
Woman+shower = My dirty mind makes up the rest >:)
My gf wonders how I can make everything to sound so damn dirty. It´s a born talent ;).

On-topic: I use 100% organic products because I hate multi-national corporations and their crap and I fear that using synthetic substances will damage me.

I use nettle (The plant that burns if you get stung by it) shampoo because it takes care of my skin.
I take care of my hair by using coconut shampoo.
It gives my hair kinda lush glowing look.

I know that organic stuff cost a little bit more, I´m not that snob.

All 100% organic.

I recommend "chaga mushroom" to all you ladies and gentlemen.

Odinist

“Viking.”

Level 2

Location hidden

#10 Oct 8, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging by your comments.
You are a lovely woman if I might say.

Odinist

“Viking.”

Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Hello! For dry sensitive skin!?

Location hidden

#12 Oct 8, 2012
I'll have to try that. Where would be a good place to look for it to buy it? And thank you for the compliment :) honestly organic is the best route. They just tend to be more expensive than other products so people don't use hem often but I really want to try new things. I love dove I want to try something new and better from my skin. And my bf does the same lol guess its just a guy thing but its pretty funny Lmfao well see things and he'll turn it sexual lol I'm like Omg only men lol

Odinist

“Viking.”

Level 2

Location hidden

#13 Oct 8, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
I'll have to try that. Where would be a good place to look for it to buy it? And thank you for the compliment :) honestly organic is the best route. They just tend to be more expensive than other products so people don't use hem often but I really want to try new things. I love dove I want to try something new and better from my skin. And my bf does the same lol guess its just a guy thing but its pretty funny Lmfao well see things and he'll turn it sexual lol I'm like Omg only men lol
I honestly don´t know because I´m european and the stores are just 4km away from me but I could ask from my bigsister..??

"guy thing"? lol

The money isn´t really problem to me but I understand that organic-products are more expensive.

And you don´t have to thank me for the compliment because you get those all the time...

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14 Oct 8, 2012
I use WELEDA skin food that's the best skin moisturizer I ever used! It's all natural no chemicals and boy does my skin glow!! For my hair I use pure coconut oil that works great!!
I also agree with the other poster CLINIQUE breaks my skin out no matter what product I use the only product I can use is their toner !!!! I guess I'm allergic to all those chemicals

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#15 Oct 9, 2012
I have VERY sensitive skin and I've tried Dove but couldn't used their moisturizer for a long period of time. Whatever product I tried it was only showing results for short term use. I have tried proactiv and that product makes your skin worse after two weeks. Finding a great moisturizer was my concern so I did a search and after reading reviews I can across revitaclear which I'm happy to say it doesn't dry my skin out. It instructs you to use twice a day but by me having sensitive skin I haven't risk trying. So far once a day is leaving my skin looking healthier and glowing from the oil-free moisturizer.
auntie bee

Linton, IN

#16 Oct 9, 2012
i personaly like rubbing my tits and coochie down with chicken shyt, it seems to work well but i have to keep fly tape on my coochie afterwards.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 9, 2012
I've seen some on Walmart here in America but I'm still unsure of how safe it is. I think ill start doing some research on organic products and see what find. And ill look up the product you use msnewnew it sounds like something I can use. I've never tried proactive so Idk how that works. Clinique was ok it was just biting a whole I'm my pocket lol. I'm like geez I have bills to pay can't keep buying this. But thanks all of you for sharing the products you use :) its given me some things I want to research on and see which ones fit me best :)

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#18 Oct 9, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
I've seen some on Walmart here in America but I'm still unsure of how safe it is. I think ill start doing some research on organic products and see what find. And ill look up the product you use msnewnew it sounds like something I can use. I've never tried proactive so Idk how that works. Clinique was ok it was just biting a whole I'm my pocket lol. I'm like geez I have bills to pay can't keep buying this. But thanks all of you for sharing the products you use :) its given me some things I want to research on and see which ones fit me best :)
Yes do your research and read the reviews. Now revitaclear will give you a free 30 day supply for trying, just pay the $4.95 s/h and you must cancel before the 30 day is up or you will get billed. Its not cheap, your monthly kit cost $59.99 however after agreeing to become a monthly club member it goes down to $35.00 per month which includes the s/h cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do affluent black men frequently marry whit... (Jul '12) 27 min Harrison 76
American Blacks Are The Real Jews (May '08) 49 min Sentinel 3,238
Esau is NOT the white man! (Aug '14) 59 min Sentinel 419
trump supporter by day, good cracker by night 1 hr RMG El Rey de Tra... 2
The Moors, Egyptians and Phoenicians were not b... (Jun '14) 1 hr Sentinel 1,695
If the real Jews are Black (Dec '14) 1 hr Sentinel 793
There Are Not Even 1 Billion Whites On Earth 1 hr White and Nerdy 3
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 1 hr Ben 1,130
Why are black women so unattractive? (Aug '15) 3 hr MOWBITS 70
More from around the web