Why do black men like light skin so M...

Why do black men like light skin so MUCH?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Redmond, WA

#1 Jan 16, 2009
Why do u guys like light skin black girls so so so so so much, what do they have that I don't have because I have a nice face, the hair, nice body, nice personality.

When I was younger one of the boys in my class toldme I would be in the pretty girl group, and like a 10 if I was lighter, and im not even that dark im brown, like gabrielle uniouns color like tony from girlfriends. Im brown. And this was when I was like 12.

Please guys I want some honest answers, from people, some honest to god answers,

Do u honestly prefer light skin black girls over brown skin black girls and why? what do they have over me?
What is so special about the color of there skin?

I want a nice conversation, please guys don't sugar coat and give me an honest to god truth. And no 60 yr olds alowed I want answers from men not old men.

Other races you guys are allowed to volunteer, cause there's this pretty indian girl in my school and she feels the same way, she is my color but she is so beautiful.

black guys can u plz tell me the truth what does a light skin girl have over a brown skin girl?

I want to know.

“I account for myself only!”

Since: Dec 08

The land of the living.

#2 Jan 16, 2009
As a so-called "light skin" gal or as I like to now call myself "butter pecan" LOL!!

I don't know what you're talking about and based on my experience, I see how your statement is true.

It must be in your area and your limited exposure to Black men because Black men generally don't discriminate based on color.

You're in high school right?

Therefore you are dealing with young guys that are lacking in maturity. Once they get older and
realize that a woman is a woman is a woman and can be beautiful regardless of her complexion then they won't be so narrow minded in their idea of what is attractive

Unless they have some deep seated color issues but I don't know many who do.

You need to build up some confidence and if there's a guy you like then let him know. Don't expect guys to approach just because you think you're pretty and slim and this and that.

That doesn't necessarily mean that you will automatically get the attention you want.

You want to be noticed then make who ever it is notice you.

And if there is no one you want to notice you then you should let this be such a big deal.

“I account for myself only!”

Since: Dec 08

The land of the living.

#3 Jan 16, 2009
You should not let this be such a big deal if there is no one there that you are interested in.

That should have been may last sentence.

“Male Dog!!”

Since: Mar 08

Gwynn Oak, MD

#4 Jan 16, 2009
Attagirl wrote:
As a so-called "light skin" gal or as I like to now call myself "butter pecan" LOL!!
I don't know what you're talking about and based on my experience, I see how your statement is true.
It must be in your area and your limited exposure to Black men because Black men generally don't discriminate based on color.
You're in high school right?
Therefore you are dealing with young guys that are lacking in maturity. Once they get older and
realize that a woman is a woman is a woman and can be beautiful regardless of her complexion then they won't be so narrow minded in their idea of what is attractive
Unless they have some deep seated color issues but I don't know many who do.
You need to build up some confidence and if there's a guy you like then let him know. Don't expect guys to approach just because you think you're pretty and slim and this and that.
That doesn't necessarily mean that you will automatically get the attention you want.
You want to be noticed then make who ever it is notice you.
And if there is no one you want to notice you then you should let this be such a big deal.
Could not have said it better.
reason

Staten Island, NY

#5 Jan 16, 2009
stop complaining already. From what I've noticed, if you're attractive...you're attractive. BM don't discriminate on that.
Attractive dark skin women don't have this complaint.

“hello world...”

Level 1

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 16, 2009
A woman is a woman. If she is fine, she will not have a problem finding a man.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Redmond, WA

#7 Jan 16, 2009
I do like some boys in my school, but they are after thoose really really really light skinned girls. And there faces aren't even cute, a lot of them stare at me, and things but that's as far as it goes, just a stare down.

They are all over thoose light skinned hispanics and blacks.
And I want to know what they have over me, because they have horrid faces, and muffin tops, and they are loud. I am quiet, have a nice face, no stomach whatsover, and a nice body. What do they have over me.

My teacher tells me that the boys who do this make black men look bad, and I agree.

I do have A LOT of white hispanics come at me, but I like the black guys and they are over, ugly fased muffin top chubby light skin girls. What do they see in them (they say they are thick but if they were a tight shirt I see fat, my stomach has NO fat.)
L-des

Hopewell Junction, NY

#8 Jan 16, 2009
reason wrote:
stop complaining already. From what I've noticed, if you're attractive...you're attractive. BM don't discriminate on that.
Attractive dark skin women don't have this complaint.
I agree,

I never had a problem from Black men,

They embrace my color.

This is yet another DUMB SKIN COLOR THREAD.

Why is this person CALLING OUT ALL BLACK MEN.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Redmond, WA

#9 Jan 16, 2009
Yeah and I have 2 admit that some black guys come at me but I DON'T like them.

How comes the sexi ones that I like, like thoose with light skin???? What do they have over me. All thoose black guys do is stare at me hard and that's it!!!

Im so frustrated and to top it off, that incident when I was in the 6th grade is haunting the shit out of me!!!!!
L-des

Hopewell Junction, NY

#10 Jan 16, 2009
long island girl wrote:
Why do u guys like light skin black girls so so so so so much, what do they have that I don't have because I have a nice face, the hair, nice body, nice personality.
When I was younger one of the boys in my class toldme I would be in the pretty girl group, and like a 10 if I was lighter, and im not even that dark im brown, like gabrielle uniouns color like tony from girlfriends. Im brown. And this was when I was like 12.
Please guys I want some honest answers, from people, some honest to god answers,
Do u honestly prefer light skin black girls over brown skin black girls and why? what do they have over me?
What is so special about the color of there skin?
I want a nice conversation, please guys don't sugar coat and give me an honest to god truth. And no 60 yr olds alowed I want answers from men not old men.
Other races you guys are allowed to volunteer, cause there's this pretty indian girl in my school and she feels the same way, she is my color but she is so beautiful.
black guys can u plz tell me the truth what does a light skin girl have over a brown skin girl?
I want to know.
Why are you saying ALL BLACK MEN?

Your comment is STEREOTYPICAL and DEAD WRONG.

My husband is very light skin, he dated women of all colors before we met.

Maybe certain black men that you like are not attracted to you. It might not having nothing to do with your color.

I find few men to be color struck this day and age.

Maybe your using that excuse because you can't get the BLACK MAN you DESIRE.

“BLACK FIRST”

Since: Nov 08

maryland

#11 Jan 16, 2009
long island girl wrote:
Why do u guys like light skin black girls so so so so so much, what do they have that I don't have because I have a nice face, the hair, nice body, nice personality.
When I was younger one of the boys in my class toldme I would be in the pretty girl group, and like a 10 if I was lighter, and im not even that dark im brown, like gabrielle uniouns color like tony from girlfriends. Im brown. And this was when I was like 12.
Please guys I want some honest answers, from people, some honest to god answers,
Do u honestly prefer light skin black girls over brown skin black girls and why? what do they have over me?
What is so special about the color of there skin?
I want a nice conversation, please guys don't sugar coat and give me an honest to god truth. And no 60 yr olds alowed I want answers from men not old men.
Other races you guys are allowed to volunteer, cause there's this pretty indian girl in my school and she feels the same way, she is my color but she is so beautiful.
black guys can u plz tell me the truth what does a light skin girl have over a brown skin girl?
I want to know.


As a black guy, WILL SAY I DO NOT PERFER LIGHTER SKIN BLACK WOMEN. I do not know how many times I have to say it, I am so sick and tried of black girls stereotyping black men and saying "we" all want light skin girl, when it not true

I will speak for my self and say I love all the "SADES" that black women come in

THE white media prefers light skin women, that why you always see light skin black women being made to look more beautiful then brown or dark (chocolate) women, every time I turn on the TV I am always saying dam why cant I see a brown skin or darker women, why is it always 9/10 it is a light skin black women, this is all part of the powers that be to brain wash black people into thinking that the light skin is better

then we have the skin cream companies who is targeting African Americans females with these bleaching creams that says it will make you lighter, when these creams are full of harm full chemicals, like mercury if you have enough of it in your blood steam it can shutdown your Kennedy’s, these same cream are sold over the counter in black communities, these companies are making million or billions on black women who feel that they have to be lighter to be accepted by society, and this upset me that black women re falling victim to brain washing and thinking that they have to be light skin to feel beautiful

The king has spoken

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Redmond, WA

#12 Jan 16, 2009
And one time we were having this conversation in class and this stupid dark skin girl said 2 dark skin people don't look good together and the boy that I liked and all the other guys agreed!!

She was like how if ur brown or dark skin u can't date and marry another dark skin person, because they'll look ugly together. I hate my stupid school so much.

I really like this guy, im quiet but maybe since he agrees with that girl he won't come after me, but he is always staring at me though.
Good Hair

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Jan 16, 2009
reason wrote:
stop complaining already. From what I've noticed, if you're attractive...you're attractive. BM don't discriminate on that.
Attractive dark skin women don't have this complaint.
Yo I was just about to write damn thing. Nevermind, I don't want the shit seem repetitive. But Black women stop complaining cuz we gonna get what we like if you ain't looking right then you get overlooked. black men aren't going sit here and call you ugly, that's an absolute waste of time for all that. you'll just be respectfully ignored.

Level 8

Since: Jan 08

Dodge City, KS

#14 Jan 16, 2009
They seem to like my skin color maybe your skin color is ugly

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Olive Branch, MS

#15 Jan 16, 2009
You guys arent giving her what she's looking for, and thats sympathy and agreement from other black women. She either just wnats attention or doesnt realise that matbe she is intinidating, unaproachable, or not attractive. Or may sh'es great but doesnt put out! lol!
SueMe

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jan 16, 2009
Kids can be stupid and mean, and I'd be offended too if a boy said that to me. I have been teased many times through out grade school, and junior high, but that's all in the past though.
AriQ

Christchurch, New Zealand

#17 Jan 16, 2009
long island girl wrote:
And one time we were having this conversation in class and this stupid dark skin girl said 2 dark skin people don't look good together and the boy that I liked and all the other guys agreed!!
She was like how if ur brown or dark skin u can't date and marry another dark skin person, because they'll look ugly together. I hate my stupid school so much.
I really like this guy, im quiet but maybe since he agrees with that girl he won't come after me, but he is always staring at me though.
Look, you are in school....of course they gonna be immature and stupid. As a black woman I have seen a couple of dark skin couples and they look hot!! Do not feel ugly because of your skin color and the reason why they agreed because they are only used to dark-light couples.

“A diamond in the rough...”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#18 Jan 16, 2009
Unfortunately, Long Island Girl, this is a big issue with the black community. Many people try to pretend that this lightskin/darkskin (colorism)issue doesn't exist, but it does and its affecting people younger and younger. Not all black boys feel the way the guys in your school feel. Apparently if some guys are hitting on you, you must be cute.
However, a lot of black boys are unfortunately influenced by what society deems as beautiful. And that includes lighter skin women. Teenage boys, especially are influenced by society. The media also plays a role in this issue. Those boys are probably listening to rap songs and watching videos and are influenced. Just stay confident(play sports, join clubs, hang out with friends) and don't mind the guys you like that aren't hitting on you. You need to stay focused on school anyway. You'll have alot of time later on in life to flirt.
AriQ

Christchurch, New Zealand

#19 Jan 16, 2009
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
They seem to like my skin color maybe your skin color is ugly
what do you mean by that candaymama??
L-des

Hopewell Junction, NY

#20 Jan 16, 2009
LilBlackGirl wrote:
Unfortunately, Long Island Girl, this is a big issue with the black community. Many people try to pretend that this lightskin/darkskin (colorism)issue doesn't exist, but it does and its affecting people younger and younger. Not all black boys feel the way the guys in your school feel. Apparently if some guys are hitting on you, you must be cute.
However, a lot of black boys are unfortunately influenced by what society deems as beautiful. And that includes lighter skin women. Teenage boys, especially are influenced by society. The media also plays a role in this issue. Those boys are probably listening to rap songs and watching videos and are influenced. Just stay confident(play sports, join clubs, hang out with friends) and don't mind the guys you like that aren't hitting on you. You need to stay focused on school anyway. You'll have alot of time later on in life to flirt.
I'm glad you gave her good advice about staying in school.

But, being that you want to shift the blame of colorism on Black Men,

What about Black Women?

Sisters discriminate as well,

Are you saying Black women are not COLOR STRUCK?

Only Black men?

You don't really see black brothers BLEACHING their skin, like you see WOMEN OF COLOR doing it.

And that goes for all WOMEN OF COLOR,

CHINESE, HISPANIC AND BLACK / WEST INDIANS & AFRICANS.

You can't just blame MEN.

Women play a BIG PART TOO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Reader 1,656,105
Whatever happened to Cigar face and Coretta Joe... 10 min The Laughing Axe 8
Why don't black people just brag about Nubia? 12 min KIP 162
"Hands Up!" "Don't SHOOT!" 18 min KIP 15
Why I love black men: From a white woman (Feb '15) 25 min Cigar Face 26 166
Blacks. Stop trying to steal people's history. 26 min THX Whip Cracker 11
Roy Moore Got This, Playa. MAGA 33 min KIP 16
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 2 hr Cigar Face 26 1,609
the wheel never invented in Sub Saharan Africa (Jun '16) 3 hr Black Power 227
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 8 hr Night_driver 896
More from around the web