>>>>>>>African American Men and Oral ...

>>>>>>>African American Men and Oral Cancer

Posted in the African-American Forum

Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#1 Nov 13, 2012
African American men are
at the highest risk of developing
oral cancer compared to any
other group in the U.S.
population. Between 2001
and 2005 the incidence rate
among African American men
was 17 per 100,000.

The difference in survival rates between African American men and white men
is staggering—61 percent of white men survive more than 5 years but only
36 percent of African American males live that long with the disease.
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#2 Nov 13, 2012
"African American men are
at the highest risk of developing
oral cancer compared to any
other group in the U.S.
population"

I assume that means bm get more oral cancer than white girls.

aZiya

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I'm tired of ripping you

African american oral cancer is due to tobacco

Whites oral cancer rise is due to STD HPV

get it now!

Actually oral cancer has risen only in whites and only due to human papilloma virus not tobacco and it has decreased for blks.

Well, A 2009 study, for example, found that white men are almost nine times as likely as black men to suffer HPV-related oral cancers. Whether this disparity is owing to a difference in sexual behavior is unknown.

Read more: http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/can-oral-...

aZiya

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Nov 13, 2012
I see I got this walking papiloma virus searching the net lmao

My job is done
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#5 Nov 13, 2012
aZiya wrote:
I'm tired of ripping you
African american oral cancer is due to tobacco
Tobacco,Alcohol and HPV VIRUS

"Yes, African American men are one of the groups at highest risk for oral cancer—but many don't know it.

Most cases of oral cancer are linked to cigarette smoking, heavy alcohol use, or the use of both tobacco and alcohol together. In fact, using tobacco plus alcohol poses a much greater risk than using either substance alone.

**********Certain types of human papillomavirus (HPV) may also play a part in oral cancer."

aZiya likes to cherry pick articles for her benefit, but I will kick her fat pimpley arse every time for her lies.
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Oral cancer is most common among African American men, and it ranks fourth as the most common cancer in African American men.
The rate of African Americans who develop oral cancer is one third higher than Caucasians.
The number of African Americans that die from oral cancer is almost twice as high when compared to Caucasians.
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#7 Nov 13, 2012
aZiya wrote:
I see I got this searching the net lmao
My job is done
LMWAO @ This TRICK!!

It comes on MY thread posting links, BUT it say's I am searching the Internet.

What a fat asszz dumbo!
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Where is that fat pig, aZiya?
Jones

Dallas, TX

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Vic Tearny wrote:
Where is that fat pig, aZiya?
Lol. you nailed it.
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#10 Nov 14, 2012
aZiya wrote:
I'm tired of ripping you
Actually oral cancer has risen only in whites and only due to human papilloma virus not tobacco and it has decreased for blks.
"The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) reported recently that African Americans are at the highest risk for contracting oral cancer."

aZiya is as dumb as a rock.
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#11 Nov 14, 2012
"Race: African-Americans are one-third more likely to develop oral cancer than the white population. 5"

5 “Demographics and Occurrence of Oral and Pharyngeal Cancers, the Outcomes, the Trends, the Challenge.” S. Silverman Jr. Journal of the American Dental Association. November 2001, vol. 132, pp. 7S-11S.
Umm

Atlanta, GA

#12 Nov 14, 2012
And your point is?
Vic Tearny

Buffalo, NY

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Umm wrote:
And your point is?
Did you ask aZiya what her point was in starting a dozen threads on whites with oral cancer?

No you did not! So you are just a racist and can GTFOMT!!
Seneca

Houston, TX

#14 Nov 14, 2012
Vic Tearny wrote:
African American men are
at the highest risk of developing
oral cancer compared to any
other group in the U.S.
population.
That is so true.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

#16 Nov 14, 2012
The American Cancer Society:

The ACS estimates there will be 13,500 new cases of oropharyngeal cancer in the U.S. this year. This includes both HPV positive and negative cases; nearly 11,000 men and over 2,500 women will be affected; some 2,300 will succumb to this condition. Between 1999 and 2008, the rate of HPV positive oropharyngeal cancers by rose 4.4 percent per year in white men and by 1.9 percent per year in white women. Changes among other racial and ethnic groups were not significant, according to the report. The biggest rise emerged in men between the ages of 55 and 64 years.
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/201... #
Jones

Dallas, TX

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Redefined wrote:
The American Cancer Society:
The ACS estimates there will be 13,500 new cases of oropharyngeal cancer in the U.S. this year. This includes both HPV positive and negative cases; nearly 11,000 men and over 2,500 women will be affected; some 2,300 will succumb to this condition. Between 1999 and 2008, the rate of HPV positive oropharyngeal cancers by rose 4.4 percent per year in white men and by 1.9 percent per year in white women. Changes among other racial and ethnic groups were not significant, according to the report. The biggest rise emerged in men between the ages of 55 and 64 years.
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/201... #
No matter the type of cancer blacks will have a higher mortality rate than whites. So that makes your little post insignificant.

http://www.cancer.org/Research/CancerFactsFig...

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

#18 Nov 14, 2012
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter the type of cancer blacks will have a higher mortality rate than whites. So that makes your little post insignificant.
http://www.cancer.org/Research/CancerFactsFig...
It's NOT insignificant if HPV is rising. Plus men & women around 50 & 60 years old are getting throat cancer from HPV. So the virus can be carried for years with no symptoms.
Jones

Dallas, TX

#19 Nov 14, 2012
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT insignificant if HPV is rising. Plus men & women around 50 & 60 years old are getting throat cancer from HPV. So the virus can be carried for years with no symptoms.
Aren't you the same IGNORANT MORON that said........

Redefined wrote:
Odd because I have always read you couldn't get HIV from oral sex. Apparently HPV is much worse.

YOU WERE DEAD WRONG ON BOTH CLAIMS..........

>>>>>"HPV can be treated whereas HIV affected individual don’t get rid of the disease lifelong."
>>>>>"HIV is life-threatening whereas HPV, when it occurs separately, is not life-threatening"
>>>>>"The treatment for HPV includes both oral and topical application of anti-viral drugs."
>>>>>" The treatment of HIV includes anti-HIV drugs which will just decrease virus levels and improve the life of an individual. There is no permanent cure for HIV."
>>>>>"HPV can be resolved completely"
>>>>>"with HIV, there is no regression of the disease but instead gets worsened by increase in virus load, decreased immunity and the advanced stage of the disease being acquired immunodeficiency virus leading to death."
http://www.differencebetween.net/science/heal ...

"numerous studies have demonstrated that oral sex can result in the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)."

"oral sex carries some risk of HIV transmission when one partner is known to be infected with HIV"

" 26% of sexually active 15- to 17-year-olds surveyed responded that one “cannot become infected with HIV by having unprotected oral sex,” and an additional 15% didn’t know whether or not one could become infected in that manner."

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

#20 Nov 14, 2012
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the same IGNORANT MORON that said........
Redefined wrote:
Odd because I have always read you couldn't get HIV from oral sex. Apparently HPV is much worse.
YOU WERE DEAD WRONG ON BOTH CLAIMS..........
>>>>>"HPV can be treated whereas HIV affected individual don’t get rid of the disease lifelong."
>>>>>"HIV is life-threatening whereas HPV, when it occurs separately, is not life-threatening"
>>>>>"The treatment for HPV includes both oral and topical application of anti-viral drugs."
>>>>>" The treatment of HIV includes anti-HIV drugs which will just decrease virus levels and improve the life of an individual. There is no permanent cure for HIV."
>>>>>"HPV can be resolved completely"
>>>>>"with HIV, there is no regression of the disease but instead gets worsened by increase in virus load, decreased immunity and the advanced stage of the disease being acquired immunodeficiency virus leading to death."
http://www.differencebetween.net/science/heal ...
"numerous studies have demonstrated that oral sex can result in the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)."
"oral sex carries some risk of HIV transmission when one partner is known to be infected with HIV"
" 26% of sexually active 15- to 17-year-olds surveyed responded that one “cannot become infected with HIV by having unprotected oral sex,” and an additional 15% didn’t know whether or not one could become infected in that manner."
A person has a greater chance of HPV infection from kissing vs HIV infection from kissing. Most studies show HIV from kissing is rare.

To me, the data in the JAMA study suggests oral sex is not the only method of transmission because 0.7% of those had never been sexually active at all and 3.5% of those who said they had never had oral sex were HPV positive. I suppose it’s possible that participants weren’t completely honest about whether they had engaged in sex or oral sex, but the study used NHANES participants and the data is generally high quality. So if oral sex wasn’t involved in transmission for the non sexually active/non oral sexually active participants, well, what was?
Jones

Dallas, TX

#21 Nov 14, 2012
Redefined wrote:
Odd because I have always read you couldn't get HIV from oral sex.
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
A person has a greater chance of HPV infection from kissing vs HIV infection from kissing.
Kissing is not oral sex. Admit you were wrong and quit twisting your words. You just look dumber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,417,718
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 1 min asset 410
Poll Men do u like female feet? (Nov '07) 13 min Stormyyyyyyy 661
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 20 min Fact 47,820
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 1 hr Go Blue Forever 221
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 1
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 1 hr Michel Montvert 35,099
The Real Clintons 2 hr Michel Montvert 59
FREE RIDDIMS DOWNLOADS (Riddims from the year 1... (Jan '13) 13 hr Oh No You Di-nt 59
Obama finally decides to put golfing aside to v... 13 hr Redefined 53
More from around the web