Since: Dec 12

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Igbos. I just looked it up. Cool beans. Feels good that some African Americans can trace their heritage beyond the suffering and tragedy....

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Stevie chucks wrote:
<quoted text> Im west african nigerian to be precise
Nice. Do you live in Africa? How is it compared to Europe?
Stevie chucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Bakari Neferu wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Do you live in Africa? How is it compared to Europe?
Yes i do live in africa but im soon moving and being compared with europe is really good cause a lot europeans come to africa for tourism bussiness even living cause a lot of whites over here and they seem to love it
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Stevie Chucks is an IGBO TRIBALIST, hes still fighting for Nigeria to SPLIT. Visit these TRIBALISTS on Nairaland. Where they spew their gibberish.
trey

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Afro-American don't clam Nigeria Afro-American is there own people. omg blacks in Africa we r own people ok.
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Steven Chukwu people are known for being TRIBALISTS AND CLAIMERS. They claim to be everything. By the way you will be SHOCKED to know they don't know their ORIGINS:)

The Igbos have given Nigeria a BAD NAME all over the WORLD. Theyr only Nigerians who do the ff:

419,practice modern day slavery where they import children to other countries in Africa like Gabon, Equitorial Guinea, latetly they were doing this in South Africa. Pity SA's police system is so TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCE(Most advanced in Africa). They got caught. They import Nigerian prostitutes to Italy and other parts of the world.

President Jonathan's last visit to South Africa was told SA is filled with Nigeria prisoners(he noticed they were all Igbos). Hence one of the ministers said in his speech that Igbos must behave:)
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Nigeria: Jonathan Decries High Number of Nigerians in South Africa Jails
By Isiaka Wakili, 9 May 2013

President Goodluck Jonathan has described the large number of Nigerians serving jail terms in South Africa as a bad image for Nigeria.

Jonathan, while meeting with members of the Nigeria Union in South Africa (NUSA) said he learnt that over 250,000 Nigerians were residing in South Africa, while over 900 were serving various jail terms in different prisons there.

The president, who led the Nigeria's Economic Management Team to this week's World Economic Forum on Africa in Cape Town, said: "This is a very bad example of what Nigerians living abroad should be.

He asked all Nigerians abroad to be good ambassadors of their fatherland so that they would not be seen as criminals.

AS SOON AS THIS SPEECH WAS MADE BY THE PRESIDENT PEOPLE OF NIGERIA STARTED TALKING ONLINE.

All these guys serving time in SA jails are EMEKAS, IKENNAS,NDUKWES etc..while good citizens of Nigeria like the Yoruba, Ogoni, Ejagham, Edo etc..are making a good living in SA without problems.

Igbos always play victim once they get caught in their evil acts and claim SA is hostile to Nigerians. Which is pure BOLLOCKS.
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

@Steve
IGBOS are only people in AFRICA who don't mind selling another human being or destroying other peoples lives. Note most are FAKE PASTORS(drug peddlers).
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Igbos are quick to play this card:) when they get caught.

SUHUYINI

Xenophobia

Africans living in other countries which are not their countries of origin are grimly accustomed to invectives like "fucking foreigner"; "parasite"; "alien"; "refugee", etc. But it appears matters have been getting out of hand in recent years. Xenophobia is on the rise, making nonsense of the catchy phrase "Africa for the Africans".

In sub-Saharan Africa this phenomenon raised its ugly head with the overthrow of Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's first president who was quite continental, nay internationalist in outlook. In 1969/70 the government of K.A. Busia (which replaced the Nkrumah regime after a short period of military rule) came up with the infamous and disgraceful Aliens Compliance Order which saw the brutal and compulsory expulsion of "aliens" mostly from Nigeria and Upper Volta (now Burkina Faso). In the early 1980s, Nigeria followed suit (and more brutally) by burning alive hundreds of Ghanaians in Nigeria in an attempt to flush them out as "aliens". Today it is the same story in the Republic of South Africa. And quite recently, Malians were given a similar treatment in the wake of the struggle for political leadership between Laurent Gbagbo and Alasan Watara in the Côte d'Ivoire. This prompted President Abdoulie Wade of Senegal to make the rather myopic remark that racism in the Côte d'Ivoire dwarfed that found in Europe. He obviously intentionally forgot to mention the deep hatred and inhuman treatment meted out by his stone-cold immigration officers to anglophone West Africans entering or passing through Senegal. A few months ago people in Gadhafi's Libya took up arms against African immigrants, exiling quite a large number to the "next world", all in the name of this issue of "fucking foreigners". And yet Gadhafi, after having accused his brothers in the Arab League of being sell-outs to America, is busy trying to organise a Union of African States to replace the toothless bulldog, that the Organisation of African Unity has become! Interesting, isn't it?

The unfounded truth
The reasons for these internecine expulsions and violence are almost always the same in each country. "Patriotic" citizens are quick to assert, nationalistically, that the "aliens" have come to take over their country, their resources, their jobs, their culture, and what have you.

In Ghana the raison d'être of the Aliens Compliance Order of the Progress Party was to have Ghanaians control business which the authorities claimed had been dominated by "aliens" (most of whom actually were farm labourers in the cocoa plantations). In the Côte d'Ivoire, though the xenophobic pogrom was purely political, Ivoriens attacked and looted the shops of "foreigners". In the Libyan case, and in Gambia where a few months ago bars and public houses belonging to "aliens" were vandalised, the reason was that the "aliens" were encouraging immoral and un-Islamic practices in their countries.

However the reality is that all over Africa the business, hotel and tourist industries which are the breeding grounds for alcoholism and prostitution (male and female) are mostly controlled by non-Africans. Big business is the exclusive domain of American, European and African businessmen who reap all the profits and repatriate them leaving Africa worse off. Yet they are never touched, nay, never seen.

Therefore, though the grievances of the masses may be related to economic factors, it is unreasonable to blame it on their fellow poor. This is especially so considering the fact that most "aliens" are engaged in lowly jobs which "citizens" may consider below their standard. Most non-citizens are engaged in such menial jobs as carpentry, masonry, shoe-repairing, cleaning drains and sweeping streets and markets.
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

In the early 1980s, Nigeria followed suit (and more brutally) by burning alive hundreds of Ghanaians in Nigeria in an attempt to flush them out as "aliens".
trey

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

wow I didn't new that at all.
chikombe

Exeter, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

I think that African americans are at 95% west Africans.They don't have the bantus character!I am bantu and I cant see how African americans are bantus.They are most probably igbos,yorubas,senegaleses,etc. ...
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

@Chikombe
I know you're not AFRICAN/Black and can feel that from here.
YOUR CLAIM ABOUT AA'S IS A PURE LIE. AFRICAN AMERICAN OF US ARE AN AMALGAMTION OF DIFFERENT AFRICAN TRIBES. Their case is way complicated than other parts of NEW WORLD as the US believed in BREEDING of Africa slaves instead of importing new Africans. Hence its difficult today for a AA in US to claim one region or tribe. Yes they can have strong DNA to a region or tribe but that doesn't mean theyr not linked to other regions.

BANTU,BAMILEKE PEOPLE, CAMEROON
Blair Underwood will trace his roots tonight on NBC’s prime-time series Who Do You Think You Are?.
His search for his ancestors sends him to the American South, where he learns some startling news about his background. Then Underwood travels to Cameroon to reconnect with his African ancestors.
The veteran actor also has a new play in the works. Underwood will grace the Broadway stage in a multicultural adaptation of Tennessee Williams’ classic A Streetcar Named Desire, which opens April 3.
In an interview with theGrio, Underwood talked about the importance of African-Americans tracing their roots and revealed details on his upcoming Broadway debut.
theGrio: Tell me about your episode of Who Do You Think You Are?, what was your experience like?
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

@Chikombe
Whiteman you're not INFORMED, am sure your claim was a str8 THUMB SUCK.

Samuel L Jackson,Ruth Simmons,Condolezza Rice are some of many AAs with BANTU ROOTS. Have links to other regions but their strong link is among BANTUS.

AGAIN IF YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH "SLAVE TRADE RECORDS OF THE NORTH AMERICAN SLAVE TRADE" YOU WON'T BE SUPRISED BY THESE BELOW.

http://boricuagenes.blogspot.com/2012/05/find...
Prof Awodwa Gyan Oniwe

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

@Chikombe
Theres many AAs with BANTU links like Vanessa Williams, Chris Tucker etc..
South African

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Prof Awodwa are u really a Proffessor cause I think u are speaking the truth! My mother is a descendant of a shipwreck ancestry which she is a beautiful coffee color Mpondo lady and my both great grannies from my dads side have a strong European blood which is one is a runaway slave descent of Angolan who also got mixed from a child who who's mother was a cape khoi and a French descent which the French descent is Coenraad De Buys. Then the other great granny was a Natal Coloured who was have Zulu and English immigrant from the Kwa Zulu Natal farm. But though I'm proud to call myself a Black South African and I won't estimate the percentages I have even though we Black South Africans are so mixed. But the problem is Proffessor we got these so called Cape Coloureds who always claim african Americans as coloureds we always debate with them bcz African Americans are BLACKS Not the coloureds coz the the coloureds are the only Blacks who don't want to associate the other Blacks in South Africa which they end up being slaves and kissing a white men's feet and the problem is that no one in the world know's dat because they think they are light skinned blacks but they call themselves not Well we don't need dem! I'm Black and Proud!

“What do the stars say......”

Since: May 11

...explore outside the milkway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

South African wrote:
Prof Awodwa are u really a Proffessor cause I think u are speaking the truth! My mother is a descendant of a shipwreck ancestry which she is a beautiful coffee color Mpondo lady and my both great grannies from my dads side have a strong European blood which is one is a runaway slave descent of Angolan who also got mixed from a child who who's mother was a cape khoi and a French descent which the French descent is Coenraad De Buys. Then the other great granny was a Natal Coloured who was have Zulu and English immigrant from the Kwa Zulu Natal farm. But though I'm proud to call myself a Black South African and I won't estimate the percentages I have even though we Black South Africans are so mixed. But the problem is Proffessor we got these so called Cape Coloureds who always claim african Americans as coloureds we always debate with them bcz African Americans are BLACKS Not the coloureds coz the the coloureds are the only Blacks who don't want to associate the other Blacks in South Africa which they end up being slaves and kissing a white men's feet and the problem is that no one in the world know's dat because they think they are light skinned blacks but they call themselves not Well we don't need dem! I'm Black and Proud!
African Americans were called coloreds as well as being called black, but since African Americans accepted the word black instead of colored we don't consider ourselves such because that word for African Americans holds a horrible past of segregation. I guess to your people being "coloured" is a step above being considered black. That is basically what you are saying right?

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

African Americans are primarily a mix of igbos, Yorubas, Mandes and fulas. But they do have some Bantu genes as well

Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Prof Awodwa wrote:
To:Iroabuchi Onwuka and other Igbos
I liked Serrano input on TOPIX about Igbo claims.
Its true that Igbo are a mixture of people around them KWA+BANTUIDS=IGBOS.
By: Barros Serrano
Hanover, NM
Lemba are Bantu. They obviously assimilated some Hebrew refugees. The Lemba are Bantu speakers, with Bantu culture, not Hebrews, aside from having assimilated some Hebrews/Cushites.
I think black South Africans have connections to Jews than Igbos or any other groups in Sub Sahara Africa. You'll never see Black South Africans making claims about JEWRY ONLINE because they have PRIDE. Black South Africans have connections with European sailors sailing past that country(shipwrecks), Asians and African slaves imported into SA and assimilating into locals. But again they don't make noise about it.
Lololololollolol nah bruh stop u can't be this funny and be allowed to post something on topix lol seriously

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,641 - 2,660 of2,730
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••