Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 27
Next Last

“Engaged :)”

Since: Aug 07

Maidstone, UK

#1 Sep 24, 2008
This thread may upset a few guys so i hope you're not too sensitive :)

The accents that annoy me are the Californian accents....sorry Cali girls..lol, i can't listen to it for more than 10 seconds, i just find it incredibly annoying.

Then there's the Essex Accent, essex it just outside London...In Greater London. Thats where all the Chavs are.

they pronouce their "lee's" and "ly's" like "laaaay"

Charlie-Charlaaay
really-reallaaay
harry-harraaay

My accent is a cross between London/Essex/Jamaican, but i don't pronounce my lee's and ly's like laaay lol hell no :)

BTW: there's NO SUCH THING as a British Accent! There is AT LEAST 20-30 in England ALONE!!!

Britain is made up of 4 different countries :)

Maidstone, UK

#2 Sep 24, 2008
20-30 accents that is :)

“LMAO @all the Haters!!!(:”

Since: Jan 08

Catania

#3 Sep 24, 2008
EastLDNgyal wrote:
This thread may upset a few guys so i hope you're not too sensitive :)
The accents that annoy me are the Californian accents....sorry Cali girls..lol, i can't listen to it for more than 10 seconds, i just find it incredibly annoying.
Then there's the Essex Accent, essex it just outside London...In Greater London. Thats where all the Chavs are.
they pronouce their "lee's" and "ly's" like "laaaay"
Charlie-Charlaaay
really-reallaaay
harry-harraaay
My accent is a cross between London/Essex/Jamaican, but i don't pronounce my lee's and ly's like laaay lol hell no :)
BTW: there's NO SUCH THING as a British Accent! There is AT LEAST 20-30 in England ALONE!!!
Britain is made up of 4 different countries :)
Oh i dont like the British accent...well i dont know if there is many different ones but the ones i hear i dont like them....russian dont sound nice either...(to me)

My hubby loves the british accent he even had his GPS talkin like that lol.....well whateva floats his boat lol

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

Fort Washington, MD

#4 Sep 24, 2008
LOL! I can't stand Californian surfer dude accents, it's so lame.

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

Since: Aug 08

DENTON, TEXAS

#5 Sep 24, 2008
oooooo...this is going to be controversial but i like it! i think the most annoying are south african and swedish/finish (sometimes they actually sound backward lol)! but this is closey followed by the new zealand accent(sorry jackieC) but y'all speak kinda like us except it likes playing a minor key when it should be a major lol!

Glasgow, UK

#6 Sep 24, 2008
Just_meinkilleen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh i dont like the British accent...well i dont know if there is many different ones but the ones i hear i dont like them....russian dont sound nice either...(to me)
My hubby loves the british accent he even had his GPS talkin like that lol.....well whateva floats his boat lol
NO SUCH THING AS BRTITISH ACCENTS!! You have to be precise!
Englaish accent, Scottish accent, Welsh or Irish accent.
Then WHERE in scotland, England, Wales and Ireland??
London, Liverpool, Machester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cornwall/Devon, Yorkshire, Leeds, Newcastle and the list goes OOOOON!!
:)

Then you get posh accents, proper accents, slangy accents.....lol :)

Glasgow, UK

#7 Sep 24, 2008
Mack the Great wrote:
LOL! I can't stand Californian surfer dude accents, it's so lame.
I like american accents on GUYS but to be honest.....ANY American accent on the young girls REALLY annoy me. "like, like what eveeeeeer!" :)

lol, Essex girls say "whatever" to but its "WHAT-EV!!" lol :)

lol, surfer dude accents crack me up. So to the dirty south accents. Dirty south accents are SEXAAAY on men :)

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

DENTON, TEXAS

#8 Sep 24, 2008
*it is like playing...

“aswad rajul min amerika”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#9 Sep 24, 2008
Some people with British accents sound like yall have a cork stuck up your arse. Mostly the upperclass Brits.

Surbiton, UK

#10 Sep 24, 2008
Jorja wrote:
oooooo...this is going to be controversial but i like it! i think the most annoying are south african and swedish/finish (sometimes they actually sound backward lol)! but this is closey followed by the new zealand accent(sorry jackieC) but y'all speak kinda like us except it likes playing a minor key when it should be a major lol!
lol, the south african accent annoys me too, i DIFFINITELY agree with that :)

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

DENTON, TEXAS

#11 Sep 24, 2008
jayrag wrote:
Some people with British accents sound like yall have a cork stuck up your arse. Mostly the upperclass Brits.
lol hahahaha...true that!

Surbiton, UK

#12 Sep 24, 2008
jayrag wrote:
LMAOOOOOO

"I SAY!!! How DARE you speak such FOLLY!! Golly gosh, there is NO cork up my buttocks i just speak PROPER ENGLISH!!.......ya get me??"

Hardy Har Har

Plattsburgh, NY

#13 Sep 24, 2008
A harlem and a boston accent makes me cringe.

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

DENTON, TEXAS

#14 Sep 24, 2008
EastLDNgyal wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, the south african accent annoys me too, i DIFFINITELY agree with that :)
GOOD! many ppl find it sexy and i am like wtf?!?!? so what accents do you like besides an american man's?

Sterling, VA

#15 Sep 24, 2008
I hate the St Lucian/Dominican accent. I cant believe you didn't mention the dreadfully aweful Scottish accent.

The Manchester accent is okay. I can't really think of any more. BTW, I think you mean you hate the Valley Girl accent. California on the whole doesn't really have it's own uniform accent but it has many regional accents.

Mack the Great

Fort Washington, MD

#16 Sep 24, 2008
The only time I find accents annoying is whenever one foreign person tries to emulate the accent of another country they aren't native to.

“"It's A Madhouse!"”

Since: Sep 08

Planet of the Apes

#17 Sep 24, 2008
African American ebonics has to be the worst. All I can say is thank God for closed captioning, or I wouldn't be able to understand anything they say.

“LMAO @all the Haters!!!(:”

Since: Jan 08

Catania

#18 Sep 24, 2008
EastLDNgyal wrote:
<quoted text>
NO SUCH THING AS BRTITISH ACCENTS!! You have to be precise!
Englaish accent, Scottish accent, Welsh or Irish accent.
Then WHERE in scotland, England, Wales and Ireland??
London, Liverpool, Machester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cornwall/Devon, Yorkshire, Leeds, Newcastle and the list goes OOOOON!!
Then you get posh accents, proper accents, slangy accents.....lol :)
Oh lol....well anything that sounds British lol....im not sure....i was in london for a lil bit....ppl over there sound soooo borin to me...it drives me crazy....lol

Krimpen Aan Den Ijssel, Netherlands

#19 Sep 24, 2008
i really hate
-Indian accent
-British accent
-Jamaican accent

but the most sexiest accent is speaking english with a french accent thats sooooo hot !

Mack the Great

Fort Washington, MD

#20 Sep 24, 2008
EastLDNgyal wrote:
<quoted text>
I like american accents on GUYS but to be honest.....ANY American accent on the young girls REALLY annoy me. "like, like what eveeeeeer!" :)
lol, Essex girls say "whatever" to but its "WHAT-EV!!" lol :)
lol, surfer dude accents crack me up. So to the dirty south accents. Dirty south accents are SEXAAAY on men :)
Really?LOL!What-ev sounds cute on Essex women. Surfer and skater dude accents are funny and annoying at the same time "Like totally rad dude!"Tubular man, the way you ride those waves is so gnarly dude!"HHAHAHAHAHA! Southern accents on black women sound cute and I like it when they refer to us men as sug, hun, darlin'!LOL!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,418,236
An Honest Black Man 26 min Andrew 1
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 27 min MICHA 488
Kellyanne Conway will sink Trump 47 min poll boy 2
Topix AFAM Abandoned by Blacks, That is Fantastic 47 min End of USA Era 5
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 49 min inbred Genius 312
News African herbalist teaches the ancient art of he... 53 min Inquisitor 53
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Moses 47,847
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 10 hr fluer 233
More from around the web