Ethiopians are not black?
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 16, 2010

“Notably, 62% of the Ethiopians fall in the first cluster, which encompasses the majority of the Jews, Norwegians and Armenians, indicating that placement of these individuals in a ‘Black’ cluster would be an inaccurate reflection of the genetic structure. Only 24% of the Ethiopians are placed in the cluster with the Bantu and most of the Afro-Caribbeans.”
Black Agenda

Issaquah, WA

#3 Aug 16, 2010
Question: What is black?

Answer: Black has always meant people of African decent. So are you saying Ethiopians are not African? If your saying Ethiopians are not African American, well of course not, their Ethiopian. Duh... What's wrong with being of African decent (Black)? Absolutely nothing. So stop these stupid threads from like 2 years ago. It doesn't help anyone or anybody.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 16, 2010
Black Agenda wrote:
Answer: Black has always meant people of African decent. So are you saying Ethiopians are not African? If your saying Ethiopians are not African American, well of course not, their Ethiopian. Duh... What's wrong with being of African decent (Black)? Absolutely nothing. So stop these stupid threads from like 2 years ago. It doesn't help anyone or anybody.
nope, wrong, the term "black" is used to describe dark skinned people of the negriod race. Ethiopians are catagorized as caucasions. are indians black bc they have dark skin? no. Ethiopians are african bc they are in the african continent.

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Wellington, New Zealand

#5 Aug 16, 2010
Black Agenda wrote:
black race
Dravidans indians, West Africans, Abborigines, Horn Africans, East Africans, AA, Jamacians and Melanesians

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Level 6

Wellington, New Zealand

#6 Aug 16, 2010
Sagamasehyo wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, wrong, the term "black" is used to describe dark skinned people of the negriod race. Ethiopians are catagorized as caucasions. are indians black bc they have dark skin? no. Ethiopians are african bc they are in the african continent.
yes Dravidan Indians are black! even Indians will say that! secondly you want me to find some black Ethiopians cause I will.

Thing is you can call you all you like but even Abbos are considered causciods but some of them are blacker than black
Big Fed

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Aug 16, 2010
The word Ethiopian means burnt faces which is black, and they Are mostly Cushites, not Jews because Jewish is not a race but a religion. Amenians come from the caucus mountains, where the word Caucasian came from, also Slavic area where they word Slav comes from. Get your facts straight. YouTube is not a legitamate source of infomation. Dumb ass.

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Level 6

Wellington, New Zealand

#8 Aug 16, 2010
this is an ethopian man (best looking one I could find)
http://www.mountainpartnership.org/common/a/p...

he looks like a Melanesian or AA to me more than West African

Joe rocokoko fijian winger play for all blacks
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_04/r...

you not saying he looks Caucasoid than african are you?
Jeff

Natick, MA

#9 Aug 16, 2010
oyboy...;-/
Robyn Banks

Riverview, FL

#10 Aug 16, 2010
Samoan Irish wrote:
<quoted text>yes Dravidan Indians are black! even Indians will say that! secondly you want me to find some black Ethiopians cause I will.
Thing is you can call you all you like but even Abbos are considered causciods but some of them are blacker than black
Oh please. Dravidians are not black. They only share the same skin color. And Australian Aborigines (Abbo is a racial slur, BTW) are not considered Caucasian. They are their own race--closely related to Papuans.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 16, 2010
Samoan Irish wrote:
<quoted text>black race
Dravidans indians, West Africans, Abborigines, Horn Africans, East Africans, AA, Jamacians and Melanesians
Nope wrong, not all people of color are black, Dravidians are not related to any other African negriod blacks, the social term of black is used only to describe negriods. Not all people of color are considered black. Skin color doesn't justify a race.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 16, 2010
Samoan Irish wrote:
<quoted text>black race
If the term black is used to describe all people of color we might aswell include all light skin people to be considered white, jappaneese are light skinned, but are they considers white? No. The term black is used to describe dark negriods. Ethiopians and Indians are brown, black only coincides with the negriod race

Location hidden

#13 Aug 16, 2010
Big Fed wrote:
The word Ethiopian means burnt faces which is black, and they Are mostly Cushites, not Jews because Jewish is not a race but a religion. Amenians come from the caucus mountains, where the word Caucasian came from, also Slavic area where they word Slav comes from. Get your facts straight. YouTube is not a legitamate source of infomation. Dumb ass.
Nope, when the Greeks were describing Ethiopia they weren't describing the actuall region of Ethiopia, just a more general description of the nubia/Cush region of Sudan and parts of ethiopia. And notice how the Greeks described those ppl as burned face, compared to how they called all other dark Africans as simply black. The Greeks noticed the caucasion features and labels them as burned skin, not black

Location hidden

#14 Aug 16, 2010
Samoan Irish wrote:
this is an ethopian man (best looking one I could find)
http://www.mountainpartnership.org/common/a/p...
he looks like a Melanesian or AA to me more than West African
Joe rocokoko fijian winger play for all blacks
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_04/r...
you not saying he looks Caucasoid than african are you?
Lol you just prooved my point. The man has pure caucasion features, look at his nose,facial structure and eyebrow, those are pure caucasion features. Caucasions have narrow faces just like many Ethiopians. They clearly do not look negriod.
This is another Ethiopian with caucasion features just like that man
dcsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ma...

“esa hembra es mala”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#15 Aug 16, 2010
I believe most Ethiopians are cushites, closely related to Somalis, Eritreans, an other cushite people.
They are indigenous Africans most of them are.
Their are some who are mixed with Semitic peoples, like the habesha I might be wrong it might be the Amhara but for the most part they are indigenous. The biggest differences is between non African and African.

“esa hembra es mala”

Level 8

Location hidden

#16 Aug 16, 2010
Its not Caucasian features, and Ethiopians aren't Caucasian. Ethiopians are the one of the oldest Africans in Africa.
Sagamasehyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, when the Greeks were describing Ethiopia they weren't describing the actuall region of Ethiopia, just a more general description of the nubia/Cush region of Sudan and parts of ethiopia. And notice how the Greeks described those ppl as burned face, compared to how they called all other dark Africans as simply black. The Greeks noticed the caucasion features and labels them as burned skin, not black
Blake

Highland, NY

#17 Aug 16, 2010
Most ethiopians would be classified as black anyways so what's the point Whites and Arab people are not claiming them. Sorry

Location hidden

#18 Aug 16, 2010
SEXYBLKWOMAN wrote:
Its not Caucasian features, and Ethiopians aren't Caucasian. Ethiopians are the one of the oldest Africans in Africa.
<quoted text>
Nope modern day Ethiopians do not have genetic connection with the first Africans, only groups like the khosians do.

Qoute from anthropologist
It’s a common misconception that Europeans have a similar skull shape and facial features because Ethiopia was the presumed exit point for humans leaving Africa. In fact, if this were true, all the people of the world would look Caucasian, and they obviously don’t. The original people that left Africa would not have resembled any  modern ethnic group of people, they had Mongoloid, Caucasoid and Australoid characteristics. The modern racial appearances are all relatively modern, when you go back past 40,000 years none of them exist in their modern form. The Caucasian appearance of some Ethiopians is in a large part due to their Eruasian ancestry.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 16, 2010
Blake wrote:
Most ethiopians would be classified as black anyways so what's the point Whites and Arab people are not claiming them. Sorry
Ethiopians habeshas are not classed as black or negriod, their is no evidence to proove so, American socail terms to don't count as classification

“PREGNANT AND STILL A QTGIRL”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#20 Aug 16, 2010
SEXYBLKWOMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, they really don't wanna be black huh lol ! When I look at pics of Ethiopians, I see black Africans. He's talking about dark-skinned Indians and Aborigines being dark but not black but Indians are not African---ETHIOPIANS ARE lol ! He is tryin very hard to twist his way out of being black. Let him be !

“esa hembra es mala”

Level 8

Location hidden

#21 Aug 16, 2010
Wrong! Because Ethiopians and Somalis both have thin noses, and its not from Caucasoid, its from adaption, both of those groups have very little admixture... The only things that Caucasoid can claim is blue/green eyes and blond hair. But even that is in confliction with each other. Because some East African Sudanese have been shown to have colored eyes with out admixture. Australian aboriginal were seen to have blond hair with out admixture. Caucasians aren't the only ones with thin noses.
And Khoi and Ethiopians Oromo are the 2 oldest groups in Africa.
Sagamasehyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope modern day Ethiopians do not have genetic connection with the first Africans, only groups like the khosians do.
Qoute from anthropologist
It’s a common misconception that Europeans have a similar skull shape and facial features because Ethiopia was the presumed exit point for humans leaving Africa. In fact, if this were true, all the people of the world would look Caucasian, and they obviously don’t. The original people that left Africa would not have resembled any  modern ethnic group of people, they had Mongoloid, Caucasoid and Australoid characteristics. The modern racial appearances are all relatively modern, when you go back past 40,000 years none of them exist in their modern form. The Caucasian appearance of some Ethiopians is in a large part due to their Eruasian ancestry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women: Are your problems men's fault? 1 min TimeforHonesty 3
To all asian women who like black men, what do ... (Mar '11) 3 min Stupid Thread 392
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 4 min Old Surfer Dude 493
Self hating biracials 7 min Dana 80
The World of "Stupid Human Tricks" 19 min Hebrew Supremacist 1
Why do so many black men abandon their kids? (n... (Apr '12) 59 min Bobby T Canada 177
MEANWHILE in white ppl news, child abuse, meth ... 1 hr Dana 65
The 1 drop rule means whites are not human 1 hr negash 39
HANNIBAL BARCA - of Carthage (North Africa) ... (Oct '07) 1 hr TranshumanX 3,471
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 1 hr The Godfather 6,230
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 5 hr JOHNS ON TOP OF IT 133,299
More from around the web