First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#1 Aug 20, 2010
CHAPTER I: THE SEAT OF THE TROUBLE

THE "educated Negroes" have the attitude of contempt toward their own people because in their own as well as in their mixed schools Negroes are taught to admire the Hebrew, the Greek, the Latin and the Teuton and to despise the African.

Of the hundreds of Negro high schools recently examined by an expert in the United States Bureau of Education only eighteen offer a course taking up the history of the Negro, and in most of the Negro colleges and universities where the Negro is thought of, the race is studied only as a problem or dismissed as of little consequence. For example, an officer of a Negro university, thinking that an additional course on the Negro should be given there, called upon a Negro Doctor of Philosophy of the faculty to offer such work. He promptly informed the officer that he knew nothing about the Negro. He did not go to school to waste his time that way. He went to be educated in a system which dismisses the Negro as a nonentity.

“Gods operate on the spiritual”

Since: Jul 09

devils operate on the physical

#2 Aug 20, 2010
HISTORY shows, then, that as a result of these unusual forces in the education of the Negro he easily learns to follow the line of least resistance rather than battle against odds for what real history has shown to be the right course.

A mind that remains in the present atmosphere never undergoes sufficient development to experience what is commonly known as thinking. No Negro thus submerged in the ghetto, then, will have a clear conception of the present status of the race or sufficient foresight to plan for the future; and he drifts so far toward compromise that he loses moral courage.

The education of the Negro, then, becomes a perfect device for control from without. Those who purposely promote it have every reason to rejoice, and Negroes themselves exultingly champion the cause of the oppressor.
MOSES-1

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2010
Stimulate My Intellect wrote:
THE "educated Negroes" have the attitude of contempt toward their own people because in their own as well as in their mixed schools Negroes are taught to admire the Hebrew, the Greek, the Latin and the Teuton and to despise the African.
Of the hundreds of Negro high schools recently examined by an expert in the United States Bureau of Education only eighteen offer a course taking up the history of the Negro, and in most of the Negro colleges and universities where the Negro is thought of, the race is studied only as a problem or dismissed as of little consequence. For example, an officer of a Negro university, thinking that an additional course on the Negro should be given there, called upon a Negro Doctor of Philosophy of the faculty to offer such work. He promptly informed the officer that he knew nothing about the Negro. He did not go to school to waste his time that way. He went to be educated in a system which dismisses the Negro as a nonentity.
This is why whites dismiss, dicredit, deny and accuse blacks of playing the race card or VICTIM PEDDLING.

For get the past, forget your civilization, forget your contributions, for get a black was murdered tied to the back of a pickup truck and forget Dr. Laura.

Don't remember nothing and be nonentity.

“HOREM AKHET”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 20, 2010
I loved that book,ahead of it's time.Everybody should watch this video
MOSES-1

United States

#5 Aug 20, 2010
rameses326 wrote:
I loved that book,ahead of it's time.Everybody should watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XrqZA0I9JNwXX
Outstanding. I can't sit on this. Here goes another thread

Thanks for making this available
chris

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Aug 21, 2010
A real thread talking about real issues and no one wants to read it, typical Topix, smh ...

“HOREM AKHET”

Location hidden

#9 Aug 21, 2010
chris wrote:
A real thread talking about real issues and no one wants to read it, typical Topix, smh ...
Exactly.But blacks are a simple minded people,so this was inevitable.They would find the time to talk all day about nonsense rather than things we should really be focusing on.This is why blacks are so easily dominated by the white man.

“HOREM AKHET”

Location hidden

#10 Aug 21, 2010
This book "Miseducation of the negro",was truely ahead of it's time.It was written in 1930 but everything said in that book corresponds to this generation,as the video above can attest.

“Real Black Men Speak English”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Bmore

#11 Aug 21, 2010
Stimulate My Intellect wrote:
That's funny because I don't remember school that way. Maybe it was that way for you, but it wasn't for me
Muminfreedomfigh ta

Plano, TX

#12 Aug 21, 2010
i stopped posting comments on a lot of forums because the lack of historical context or knowledge in general. many black people can only see our condition through europeanized modes of thinking because they dont know thier own african models. Worst than that is many negroes are resistant to learning about themselves. I commend the posters of this thread. Its good to see brothers and sisters who dont reduce our history to irrelavance.
chris

Virginia Beach, VA

#13 Aug 21, 2010
rameses326 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.But blacks are a simple minded people,so this was inevitable.They would find the time to talk all day about nonsense rather than things we should really be focusing on.This is why blacks are so easily dominated by the white man.
I'm sorry that you see us that way. But many of us have been conditioned, and groomed this way over time.

“HOREM AKHET”

Location hidden

#14 Aug 21, 2010
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny because I don't remember school that way. Maybe it was that way for you, but it wasn't for me
You're in denial.I think you do know it's true,especially if you're a person that grew up in an earlier generation,it would be worst,because it is only recently they've been giving blacks some crumbs here and there.What are black people being thaught about themselves in American schools?What have they been thought besides the usual Martin Luther King,the fact that they're descendants of slaves,and little things that relates to their status in america?Everything was post transatlantic slave trade knowledge.But we were thaught about Rome,Greece,Julius Caesar,George Washington,Abraham lincoln,and everything from a Eurocentric perspective.

Level 4

Bmore

#15 Aug 21, 2010
rameses326 wrote:
<quoted text>You're in denial.I think you do know it's true
Nahh you're in denial and it's far from true. The black Americans in my circle has moved beyond this bullshit. Of course the black people I associate with don't resemble any of the nonsense I see posted on topix every day anyway
lordy

Tampa, FL

#16 Aug 21, 2010
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
Nahh you're in denial and it's far from true. The black Americans in my circle has moved beyond this bullshit. Of course the black people I associate with don't resemble any of the nonsense I see posted on topix every day anyway
wow! can you stoop any lower? you call your racial history bull??? you do realize ALL groups embrace there history & in fact they vow to NEVER forget it...why do you think HISTORY is taught in the first place? i don't understand how you can't know about your history WITHOUT thinking it is something which should make you angry? but i've been around this bend with you before so i already know your answer.but as ive said to you before-you must know you are at least a little silly as that is why you are on the aa forum to begin with.

Level 4

Bmore

#17 Aug 21, 2010
lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! can you stoop any lower? you call your racial history bull???
There's a reason it's called HISTORY. Join us in 2010 where it's great to be black, successful, and thriving

“HOREM AKHET”

Location hidden

#18 Aug 21, 2010
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
Nahh you're in denial and it's far from true. The black Americans in my circle has moved beyond this bullshit.
If it was far from true,you would not have avoided 95%of my post to comment on the first sentence.And this is not bullshyt.I do well,my intent is not to beg and complain,this is only a candid discussion and analysis of the reality.

Level 4

Bmore

#19 Aug 21, 2010
rameses326 wrote:
<quoted text>If it was far from true,you would not have avoided 95%of my post to comment on the first sentence.
To be honest I've read the book so there was no need for me to read the rest of your post. It was relevant in 1930, it's not in 2010

“HOREM AKHET”

Location hidden

#20 Aug 21, 2010
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I've read the book so there was no need for me to read the rest of your post. It was relevant in 1930, it's not in 2010
No,If it was only relevant in 1930 why does everything said in that book still correspond to this generation?,as the video above can attest.
Muminfreedomfigh ta

Dallas, TX

#21 Aug 21, 2010
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
What made the book irrelavant in 2010? Arent our problems magnified and dont a lot of younger generations need this education in light of thier condition.

Level 4

Bmore

#22 Aug 21, 2010
Muminfreedomfighta wrote:
<quoted text>What made the book irrelavant in 2010? Arent our problems magnified and dont a lot of younger generations need this education in light of thier condition.
My younger generation just graduated with a double major from Purdue University this spring and is currently working at an engineering firm in Massachusetts. His condition is just fine. You were saying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,534,762
Low self esteem? 27 min The Amused Axe 2
News Rep. Maxine Waters takes impeachment campaign t... 44 min JohnInLa 12
Is maxine waters retarded? 1 hr Fking lunatic 3
Jennifer Lopez - Is she Native American or Afri... (Jul '11) 1 hr Trini2000 256
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr SmallDyckMaceo 51,338
I'm a married white women having sex with Black... (Jun '10) 2 hr SmallDyckMaceo 238
Europe was the birthplace of mankind, not Africa 3 hr SadButTrue 90
Bill Cosby blames racism for his [email protected] scandal. 5 hr SadButTrue 179
Political Correctness Is Dangerous 5 hr SadButTrue 38
Racism in America 5 hr SadButTrue 568
White supremacist fake hanging of a black girl 6 hr SadButTrue 20
More from around the web