Ron Paul

Other

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
_aisling--

North Fairfield, OH

#28 Sep 25, 2012
Anderson Cooper Takes DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz to Task for Misquoting L.A. Times In Fundraising Pitch

8-24-12

"There are some lies told by the DNC that even CNN can’t let slide. Such is the case with a recent DNC fundraising email written by Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz which misquotes the L.A. Times in order to attack Mitt Romney.

The email at question centers around the RNC platform on abortion which has remained the same for the past twelve years in its steadfast support for the protection life.[See video below. MP3 audio here.]

The email written by Ms. Schultz said the following:

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are now, incredibly, saying they don't agree with the policies of the party whose nomination they're about to accept, but guess what? The Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that the platform was, and I quote, "written at the direction of Romney's campaign."

On his August 23 program, Anderson Cooper called out the Chairwoman for misquoting the L.A. Times, but Ms. Schultz stubbornly refused to admit fault. Throughout the interview, Cooper corrects Schultz’s lies, pointing out that "Mitt Romney did not design or direct the writing of the Republican Party platform. In particular, the language on abortion is virtually the same as it's been for years."

In fact, the entire quote from the Times as Cooper pointed out said, "Delegates for presumptive nominee Mitt Romney are voting down substantive changes to the platform language that were written at the direction of Romney's campaign." In other words, Romney delegates on the platform committee are following Romney's wishes in trying to keep the platform from being changed in a more conservative direction and none of the changes Romney proposed mentioned abortion at all.

Schultz remained steadfast in her denial that she had misquoted the Times, even going so far as to question Governor Romney’s stance that he believes abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest by saying, "I can certainly acknowledge that he says that out loud. And I think it's very clear that Mitt Romney talks the talk, certainly doesn't walk the walk."

Throughout the segment, Cooper seemed confused at what Shultz's intentions were:

But just as you don’t like being misquoted, I don’t like being misquoted, I’m sure the L.A. Times doesn’t like being misquoted to back up your political position. I don’t understand why you would need to do that.

Kudos to Mr. Cooper for doing his job as a journalist by exposing Ms. Schultz's distortion."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/20...
dame

Memphis, TN

#29 Sep 25, 2012
Not sure about this one. Not sure what I will do.
dame

Memphis, TN

#30 Sep 25, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
Nothing will be done for goal driven BM. Not voting at all.
What do you think should be done for goal driven bm? Are you guys doing something different from other goal driven men?
NoBlamer 2012

Chilcoot, CA

#31 Sep 25, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
Nothing will be done for goal driven BM. Not voting at all.
just like how ovomit doesnt campaign in calif,
cal is already in ovomits pocket,
they just come here to get money fundraising

since ovomit got 96% of the black bote
he is not concerned,
he knows the blacks will vote for the black one

besides they are too busy getting the illegal invaders their voter ID

the dream act 1&2 hurt the blacks

it doesnt matter who you vote for in calif

the democrats control the state

if you want to see what libloons do to a thriving economy...

look at commiefornia

the affirmative action food stamp liar in chief put the voting instructions on the back of the food stamps

if you get all the questions right, you get a bonus
JustHopingToClea rThingsUp

Saint Louis, MO

#32 Oct 19, 2012
MzNora89 wrote:
I'm not voting. I don't feel comfortable with either candidate. Even though I did vote for Obama in 08 Idk just got a bad feeling about voting for anyone. And Hell no for Romney man dug himself in a hole after that statement about rape Smh
I can get where you are coming from. This election is much dirtier than I ever wanted it to be, but that shouldn't stop you from voting. People now always seem to forget that these candidates don't represent one specific party; they represent the American people as a whole. My advice is to just find who respresents your views more closely, because you are an American. Your vote does matter. Oh, and about the rape comment, that was Todd Akin. He's from my lovely home state of Missouri, and even the hardcore Republicans don't like him. He is a complete and total idiot.
JustHopingToClea rThingsUp

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Oct 19, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
just like how ovomit doesnt campaign in calif,
cal is already in ovomits pocket,
they just come here to get money fundraising
since ovomit got 96% of the black bote
he is not concerned,
he knows the blacks will vote for the black one
besides they are too busy getting the illegal invaders their voter ID
the dream act 1&2 hurt the blacks
it doesnt matter who you vote for in calif
the democrats control the state
if you want to see what libloons do to a thriving economy...
look at commiefornia
the affirmative action food stamp liar in chief put the voting instructions on the back of the food stamps
if you get all the questions right, you get a bonus
I'm sorry you're so ignorant and have no idea what grammar is. How old are you? 15? I personally don't care who you vote for in this election, but can you please just stop? You're making more and more ashamed to be an American by the minute. THIS is why we are the laughing stock of the world, because idiots like you keep opening their mouths.

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

#38 Nov 3, 2012
dame wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think should be done for goal driven bm? Are you guys doing something different from other goal driven men?
I'm not concerned for others, and don't get offended by that, I'm sure you feel the same :)

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

#39 Nov 3, 2012
I voted for candy and ice cream

In my mind

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you post racist comments on this site, pleas... 2 min PROUD WHITE AMERICAN 2
If I could go back in time, I would.... 7 min PROUD WHITE AMERICAN 2
Cornrowed coon gets 45 years for ventilating bu... 15 min To the crooked he... 13
Dan Snow: I love Mick 17 min PROUD WHITE AMERICAN 4
New evidence of non human DNA found in black Af... 20 min Yep 62
News Racism still prevalent 50 years after riots 30 ... 39 min Mick 72
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min bob53 1,567,013
Microchips In Employees Become Reality 53 min Prince 75
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 1 hr Mick 910
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 4 hr Punani Bully 1,551
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 5 hr The Delighted Axe 156
More from around the web