Black women who tan!!!

“In the Space Love Demands”

Since: Oct 07

Black Love USA

#22 Mar 16, 2009
Ransgrl wrote:
<quoted text>
The company was founded by a black woman, but anyone can use the products. They sell products for men and women, for hair and skin, and also some lip glosses. The browning oil protects the skin from harmful sun rays, but allows your skin to tan. It also smells really good.
Ah...I have never used that...I use self tanning cloths...

I just use the the bath products and shampoo and tui oil.

Black Love USA

#23 Mar 16, 2009
juss chillin wrote:
The sun helps you with vitamin d, and by being black you actually need MORE sun.
"Lack of Sunshine Appears to Be Harming Black Health and Life Expectancy" - http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TAAKJ31PKA7V8...
Just make sure you don't go over board with it, sometimes even too much of a good thing can be a bad thing
Yes. But I don't want thick, leathery skin so I TAKE Vitamin D and get mine in small doses from the sun, only.

You are right that SPF stuff (even natural things with SPFs) block Vitamin D production.

I personally need it even more...there is evidence that Vitamin D may have some link in preventing MS (which runs in my family)

“Reppin the 708”

Since: Nov 08

Harvey, IL

#24 Mar 16, 2009
fakindafunkpnay wrote:
Is their any Black women of topix whos knows good tanning oils for Black women? Im tying to get a more choclater tone lol.
Its simple, just go to the beach and sit in the sun for a minute. You don't need all that special stuff since your brown anyway.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#25 Mar 16, 2009
juss chillin wrote:
The sun helps you with vitamin d, and by being black you actually need MORE sun.
"Lack of Sunshine Appears to Be Harming Black Health and Life Expectancy" - http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TAAKJ31PKA7V8...
Just make sure you don't go over board with it, sometimes even too much of a good thing can be a bad thing
You can't believe everything, just because scientist have supposedly researched it.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#26 Mar 16, 2009
I have never heard of a black person having health problems because of lack of sun, that's bull.

Level 1

Location hidden

#27 Mar 16, 2009
soulflower wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But I don't want thick, leathery skin
That doesn't come from the sun, african women, stay out in the sun alot, and they have some of the most beautiful skin, just look at the girls in this video
soulflower wrote:
You are right that SPF stuff (even natural things with SPFs) block Vitamin D production.
I never said that, and I doubt browing oil that "protects the skin from harmful sun rays, but allows your skin to tan.", blocks Vitamin D production
Crystal City Girl

Washington, DC

#28 Mar 16, 2009
juss chillin wrote:
<quoted text>
this is come from the stupid self-hating negro who actually had the nerve to defend skin bleaching,.. you can't even compare sun tanning to something like skin bleaching you idiot
I did not defend skin bleaching moron. Those creams are used to fade dark spots. If someone is using it for there whole body that is their personal problem. Like your mis-use of your beer bottles in your rear. Does your love for beer bottle phucin make beer bottles bad? Furthermore, using coco butter to keep a nice even tone isn't bleaching. You don't know WTF you are talking about. Women in Africa have been using coco butter or shea butter for centrys to keep a nice smooth complexion. What say you?

Level 1

Location hidden

#29 Mar 16, 2009
QueenofTheNile wrote:
I have never heard of a black person having health problems because of lack of sun, that's bull.
The Sun helps with vitamin D, the problems may take some time to set in when you aren't getting it, maybe the reason why you never heard of blacks having health problems because of it, because they didn't know where they came from

“Want to touch my fro?”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

Small town, Ohio

#30 Mar 16, 2009
soulflower wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...I have never used that...I use self tanning cloths...
I just use the the bath products and shampoo and tui oil.
I have natural hair, so I use Lisa's entire hair regimine plus some of the other hair products. I just washed and conditioned with the new black vanilla shampoo and conditioner this morning. I am faithful to other bath products so I have never tried CD's, but I'm sure I will in the future. As for the tanning, I don't sit in the sun specifically for the purpose of tanning, but I like to use oils during the summer because it gives the skin a nice glow and the CD tanning oil has an spf of 15.
Crystal City Girl

Washington, DC

#31 Mar 16, 2009
QueenofTheNile wrote:
Well it is true. The sun is good for us. But black people are all different shades. I think you get enough sun. They are referring to darker skin toned people not getting enough vitamin D among other things because they live out side of Africa. The sun's rays are needed to digest much need minerals and vitamins.
Crystal City Girl

Washington, DC

#32 Mar 16, 2009
juss chillin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sun helps with vitamin D, the problems may take some time to set in when you aren't getting it, maybe the reason why you never heard of blacks having health problems because of it, because they didn't know where they came from
Hey you aren't 100% stupid.

Level 1

Location hidden

#33 Mar 16, 2009
Crystal City Girl wrote:
Furthermore, using coco butter to keep a nice even tone isn't bleaching. You don't know WTF you are talking about. Women in Africa have been using coco butter or shea butter for centrys to keep a nice smooth complexion. What say you?
this isn't about coco butter and shea butter, you was defending skin bleaching,..

coco butter and shea butter is not bleaching

Level 1

Location hidden

#34 Mar 16, 2009
Crystal City Girl wrote:
<quoted text> Well it is true. The sun is good for us. But black people are all different shades. I think you get enough sun. They are referring to darker skin toned people not getting enough vitamin D among other things because they live out side of Africa. The sun's rays are needed to digest much need minerals and vitamins.
how do you know if she's getting enough sun?? she's brown, she certainly needs more sun than a white person

Black Love USA

#35 Mar 16, 2009
Ransgrl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have natural hair, so I use Lisa's entire hair regimine plus some of the other hair products. I just washed and conditioned with the new black vanilla shampoo and conditioner this morning. I am faithful to other bath products so I have never tried CD's, but I'm sure I will in the future. As for the tanning, I don't sit in the sun specifically for the purpose of tanning, but I like to use oils during the summer because it gives the skin a nice glow and the CD tanning oil has an spf of 15.
Yes I LOVE the Black Vanilla already, but I use it on my daughter's hair, not mine.

And I have like ALL of her bath products. It's crazy.

I will try the browning oil next. Thanks girl!
Hope you are doing good out there!

Since: Feb 09

Winter Springs, FL

#36 Mar 16, 2009
Black women tanning? WTF. The whole point of tanning is so that people of no color(aka white people) can get color. There isn't any point for a black woman to tan.

mrallaboutlogik2 4

United States

#37 Mar 16, 2009
fakindafunkpnay wrote:
Is their any Black women of topix whos knows good tanning oils for Black women? Im tying to get a more choclater tone lol.
u r not black ,u r a half breed the sun is not for u

watch urself or u might brake out with moles andskin cancer from that nasty european blood u got swimming in ur blood

if u aint my color or darker u going burn

www.blackplanet.com/yoblackking2

“Nemo ante mortem beatus!”

Small Town USA

#38 Mar 16, 2009
Baby oil

mrallaboutlogik2 4

United States

#39 Mar 16, 2009
soulflower wrote:
<quoted text>
Chillin, newsflash, this is a well kept secret...
Lots of women get "tanned", including women like Latifah, Halle Berry, Beyonce, Nia Long, Kenya Moore, and Vanessa Williams...
It isn't to get darker per se, but to get a bronze-y color, like the beach women you see in Cali (BLACK WOMEN) or in South America.
But the stars use TANNING CLOTHS or Bronzing lotions...it just brings out the glow in your already dark skin.
You exfoliate, even more than usual, and then get the bronzer/tanner and it just makes you glow.
fat woman every last one of those women u named r half breeds and they getskin cancer and mole's keep half breeds seprate from afrakans ,we r not u and u r not us.

mrallaboutlogik2 4

United States

#40 Mar 16, 2009
QueenofTheNile wrote:
u funny albino looking lizard woman

its called discoloration of the skin which is caused by not eating the right foods and a lack of sun which means ur melanin is being reduced.

my skin all looks the same.

ur a half breed

and the reason why u get pale dummy is because thats ur real color

“Billionaire Boys Club”

Since: Dec 08

Stay In Your Own Lane

#41 Mar 16, 2009
Oh, hell yeah tan lines on a brown skinned woman is sexy as hell! Ya'll gotta rock the Hawaiin Tropic to get that nice bronzy look though. Any thing would be uncivilized!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,681,034
Trump is Officially OBESE 11 min Spinning 360 waves 12
White girls are hating hard on Meghan Markle !! 11 min IT IS I 38
"Trump is god" our lord and savior our jesus wi... 14 min Spinning 360 waves 1
Black men and Pedophilia (Jun '10) 33 min Common 5
"Trump is god" our lord and savior our jesus wi... 34 min Spinning 360 waves 1
Not a day goes by without "RACISM"!!! 34 min Got Rope 4
PROOF San Francisco is a SHYTHOLE 2 hr The Laughing Axe 26
Trump denies making disparaging comments about ... 2 hr IT IS I 162
Racist White People on MLK Day. 4 hr Jake 60