Curious - Why do Black women from Africa end up marrying white men?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Florissant, MO

#1 Sep 25, 2007
I am from Africa (lived in the States for seven years). I attended a wedding this Summer of a fellow African who was marrying a white man - this is the 8th wedding I have attended and all the grooms are white men. Why is that?

Since: Sep 07

AOL

#2 Sep 25, 2007
I am a Black south african,
I would never ever date much or
marry a white guy YUCK!
A good BLACK MAN is Iressitible.
BLACK MEN ARE THE BEST LOOKING MEN EVER.

Judged:

13

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cville_baddog

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Sep 25, 2007
white men have big d*cks. there can be no other explaination

Since: May 07

Washington, DC

#4 Sep 25, 2007
liz0575 wrote:
I am from Africa (lived in the States for seven years). I attended a wedding this Summer of a fellow African who was marrying a white man - this is the 8th wedding I have attended and all the grooms are white men. Why is that?
Probably for social status and to get out of Africa. Not to be offensive or funny but just a likely assumption.

Since: Sep 07

Florissant, MO

#5 Sep 25, 2007
Thanks for the response ~ Being at the wedding and observing the ceremony brought back all the weddings I have attended here in the States to memory (and the fact that they were all white grooms and African brides made me wonder)..Is intermarriage between Black American males and African women neither here nor there?

Since: Sep 07

Florissant, MO

#6 Sep 25, 2007
Mack the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably for social status and to get out of Africa. Not to be offensive or funny but just a likely assumption.
Wouldn't they achieve the same objective by being married to an African American male?
african girl

Groningen, Netherlands

#7 Sep 25, 2007
Because we are scared of black americans they ca be lazy and hardly hace college education

Since: May 07

Washington, DC

#8 Sep 25, 2007
liz0575 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't they achieve the same objective by being married to an African American male?
Probably so, but the problem is that theres not alot of AA men eager to travel to Africa, for whatever reasons.
cville_baddog

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Sep 25, 2007
african girl wrote:
Because we are scared of black americans they ca be lazy and hardly hace college education
wow...very intellegent and insightful

Since: Sep 07

Florissant, MO

#12 Sep 25, 2007
african girl wrote:
Because we are scared of black americans they ca be lazy and hardly hace college education
Why would you be scared of Black Americans?...and sorry, the Black Americans I know have Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate degrees
Mike

Citra, FL

#13 Sep 25, 2007
african girl wrote:
Because we are scared of black americans they ca be lazy and hardly hace college education
??? We don't all fall into the same category.
Msparker77

United States

#14 Sep 25, 2007
blacksouthafricanpride wrote:
I am a Black south african,
I would never ever date much or
marry a white guy YUCK!
A good BLACK MAN is Iressitible.
BLACK MEN ARE THE BEST LOOKING MEN EVER.
SIKE!!!!!!!!!!
Msparker77

United States

#15 Sep 25, 2007
african girl wrote:
Because we are scared of black americans they ca be lazy and hardly hace college education
WOW! you sound very educated.
cheeky

UK

#16 Sep 25, 2007
maybe its because interracial marriages aint much of a big deal in the african community......especially back in africa there more wm/bf couples than bm/ww....one might think maybe its because they aint many white women in africa??...but even if most black african men come here or the US where they is an abundance of white women, most of them still go back home to get wives from there (dont know why, to be honest)....and most black AFRICAN women dont mind if black men go with non-black women, so that cant be the issue..........well, I guess it all comes down to open-mindness really??
cheeky

UK

#17 Sep 25, 2007
african girl wrote:
Because we are scared of black americans they ca be lazy and hardly hace college education
you know, there is a thing called "spell-check", you might want to give that a try next time you post!!!:-)
letursmilebeurum brella

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Sep 25, 2007
liz0575 wrote:
I am from Africa (lived in the States for seven years). I attended a wedding this Summer of a fellow African who was marrying a white man - this is the 8th wedding I have attended and all the grooms are white men. Why is that?
I know right?! I've noticed that as well

“Logic”

Since: Jun 07

Land Of Mathematics

#19 Sep 25, 2007
liz0575 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be scared of Black Americans?...and sorry, the Black Americans I know have Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate degrees
Some people with those degrees can act stupid too (black or white) because they think they are the most intelligent people. Do you know that because some of those people have such degree, they think that nobody can teach them? My statement is : everyone can be taught by anyone.

Ashley

Denver, CO

#21 Sep 25, 2007
Look I wasn't born in Senegal but my mom's family were and I THINK they may come over and marry Caucasian American men for a) social status just like a lot of Asian women do or maybe b) because like Africans despite of their will to fix their own countries, they ARE highly intelligent people, therefore, they WANT likewise. I've heard that some African women don't like African AMERICAN men (or even the women) because of all of the time we've been here in the U.S., we STILL don't have even half of our community up to par. Some are disgusted by us because they come here and GRAB the education that's offered to them. They appreciate the things here that they could never get in their home countries due to warlords and economic collapse...not to mention worrying about their health. An African woman knows all TOO well how hard she has it in her home country so why would SOME of them lower their standards in a country with plenty of opportunity? That's what some think. Many Ethiopians here in CO I know think this way.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#22 Sep 25, 2007
blacksouthafricanpride wrote:
I am a Black south african,
I would never ever date much or
marry a white guy YUCK!
A good BLACK MAN is Iressitible.
BLACK MEN ARE THE BEST LOOKING MEN EVER.
Girl I agree.Black men are fine.
cheeky

Wolverhampton, UK

#23 Sep 26, 2007
Ashley wrote:
Look I wasn't born in Senegal but my mom's family were and I THINK they may come over and marry Caucasian American men for a) social status just like a lot of Asian women do or maybe b) because like Africans despite of their will to fix their own countries, they ARE highly intelligent people, therefore, they WANT likewise. I've heard that some African women don't like African AMERICAN men (or even the women) because of all of the time we've been here in the U.S., we STILL don't have even half of our community up to par. Some are disgusted by us because they come here and GRAB the education that's offered to them. They appreciate the things here that they could never get in their home countries due to warlords and economic collapse...not to mention worrying about their health. An African woman knows all TOO well how hard she has it in her home country so why would SOME of them lower their standards in a country with plenty of opportunity? That's what some think. Many Ethiopians here in CO I know think this way.
yeah!!....basically,what ashley said!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 6 min African AE 112,249
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Agents of Corruption 1,205,502
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 14 min DRX 97
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 17 min RFD 122,545
Biracial IS NOT black 20 min Caramel Painted 201
Poll Will Republicans take the White House in 2016? 22 min TheOriginalDoby 12
The UK is becoming a Atlanta Georgia 25 min thegreatlc33 8
Miguel is a black stud lesbian! she's in love w... 1 hr Tyrone Wasielewski 28
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 5 hr Dingringsing 31,978
More from around the web