Baby Names..... Your take
Toomis

Houston, TX

#22 Oct 19, 2013
Sandy, Linda and Alison are nice.
Layiane

UK

#23 Oct 20, 2013
Ok so papa's always singing this line from a song;
"Hey baby, lets make a baby, and we can call it Winter"
So when we had our son, it was a No,
So now with've just had a girl, and this name came calling again.
So i compromised, on something simliar. But this is the thing, on seeing her, we called her Ocean, because she has these incredable eyes,
So i think until you see them, you cant name them

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#24 Oct 20, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
Fanta!!!! I love that name. Me and my boyfriend want to give our children african names.
"Fanta"? Like the soda..??

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#25 Oct 20, 2013
The ancients issues names for newborn children very thoughtfully and very meticulously. They knew that a child's destiny was adjacent to their names. So choose names for your children that reflect what you want them to be and what they are going to be.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#26 Oct 20, 2013
Silverness wrote:
Hie Guys!
So my boyfriend and I have been throwing around baby names.... Playfully, I'm not pregnant. And our top 3 are
1. Hugo
2. Louis
3. Theodore
And....
1. Anastasia
2. Alexandria
3. Sophia
Second names we have agreed will be Christian names; Jude, Seth, Micah, Anna, Julia, Susannah etc
And third names will be the happy hippie Asa, Pax, Willow, Raina, Starla, Thalia etc
I was thinking of including African names Khaya (home), Atidaishe (the Lord has loved us), Anashe (she/he is with the Lord), Dalitso (blessings), you get the jist -- but to be honest I have a name my boyfriend can't even pronounce, so I'm not too keen on that.
So what do you think of the names? And what are your personal favourites?
I like Alexandria (a name of people in my family- Alexander/Alexandria), Sophia, Anna, Julia (another name in my family), Asa, Willow, Raina, Thalia. Of the African ones I think Khaya is nice- not hard to pronounce and I like the meaning.

If I had a son first I would name him Liam Alexander. A girl would be Lilyanna Kai.

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#27 Oct 20, 2013
I thank GOD my parents had the intelligence to name me Joyce & not some Africanized or ghetto rap name that I would not be able to relate to but probably wouldn't even be able to spell correctly.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28 Oct 20, 2013
tinys myth wrote:
Ezra or Ira.
I like those names too. I don't have nearly as many on my boy names list as I don on the girl names list. Not that I want a girl more than a boy- idc- but it just seems easier to come up with girl names.
Shay

Cleveland, MS

#29 Oct 20, 2013
Juicy Joyce wrote:
I thank GOD my parents had the intelligence to name me Joyce & not some Africanized or ghetto rap name that I would not be able to relate to but probably wouldn't even be able to spell correctly.
Joyce is a nice name, but I have a few names that are way better. Here are a few: Cat'Zeila, ZiShira, MeAleysia, ZiSheba and Bobzilla. Oh yeah, Boi'John and Boi'Jane would be awesome names for twins.

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#30 Oct 20, 2013
kuntacrackaho

Wakajawaka

SumbaTopoVumba

JopoHopoNopo

RumbaCembeHumbaRopoDumba

TopoHembeGumba

IgnatiusLodewiekusPoefrapper
or maybe "iggy" fo short
Shay

Cleveland, MS

#31 Oct 20, 2013
xavier987 wrote:
kuntacrackaho
Wakajawaka
SumbaTopoVumba
JopoHopoNopo
RumbaCembeHumbaRopoDumba
TopoHembeGumba
IgnatiusLodewiekusPoefrapper
or maybe "iggy" fo short
I'll tell you what, I'm going to give the name Bobzilla back to you. I see you're not serious at all. It's a beautiful eccentric name but I can do without it.
Shay

Cleveland, MS

#33 Oct 20, 2013
No Limit Honkey wrote:
Why don't you cut to the chase and name any buck sprog you shit out "InmateTavius" and any sowling "OpenCuntrius".
Lowlife, why don't you mind your own business and stay off the AAF. OMG your ancestors traveled thousands of miles for us. They had to have us in their existence through any means necessary, now you guys are carrying on the tradition. I swear you guys can find a needle in a haystack. Stop the stalking/harassment.
Bantu Limited

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#34 Oct 20, 2013
Silverness wrote:
Hie Guys!
So my boyfriend and I have been throwing around baby names.... Playfully, I'm not pregnant. And our top 3 are
1. Hugo
2. Louis
3. Theodore
And....
1. Anastasia
2. Alexandria
3. Sophia
Second names we have agreed will be Christian names; Jude, Seth, Micah, Anna, Julia, Susannah etc
And third names will be the happy hippie Asa, Pax, Willow, Raina, Starla, Thalia etc
I was thinking of including African names Khaya (home), Atidaishe (the Lord has loved us), Anashe (she/he is with the Lord), Dalitso (blessings), you get the jist -- but to be honest I have a name my boyfriend can't even pronounce, so I'm not too keen on that.
So what do you think of the names? And what are your personal favourites?
Are you not supposed to an African?

“What do the stars say......”

Since: May 11

...explore outside the milkway

#35 Oct 20, 2013
My mother named me after an evil woman in the bible.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#36 Oct 20, 2013
Carmiana wrote:
My mother named me after an evil woman in the bible.
Delilah?

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#39 Oct 20, 2013
Shay wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you what, I'm going to give the name Bobzilla back to you. I see you're not serious at all. It's a beautiful eccentric name but I can do without it.
bobzilla...WTF is thatr,,,sownds like a fu$$in monster

how bout
Shananay
Shamadangadingdong
Laqueefah
Aladdavagina
Oranjello
LaTeasah
Chewkoklong
barboza
Kwameofukayode
boomquisha
Aquamaquesha
Shabootyquiqui
Fenisthayaunia
Kelayameiosha
Bigbootyiqua
deloshuwandaniquaniqe

that's nuff for now

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#40 Oct 21, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Alexandria (a name of people in my family- Alexander/Alexandria), Sophia, Anna, Julia (another name in my family), Asa, Willow, Raina, Thalia. Of the African ones I think Khaya is nice- not hard to pronounce and I like the meaning.
If I had a son first I would name him Liam Alexander. A girl would be Lilyanna Kai.
Liam is also a beautiful name! I know a Kai, but he is male. And Ellen's Kai as well who is like 5 years old I think. Beautiful names!

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#41 Oct 21, 2013
Bantu Limited wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not supposed to an African?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VrhRRCEUwsAXX
I am African. Could not watch your video though...

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#42 Oct 21, 2013
Odinist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugo? Really???
Julius or Alexander. Cassius is an awesome name.
For a girl.. Sophie or something soft like that.
My boyfriend made that point "Sophia is beautiful for a girl because it's more feminine than Alexandria" - he already sees himself calling her Fia or Sophie.

I love the name Hugo, it means Bright in Mind and Spirit and has just a touch of the German and French Heritage that he is. Julius is a splendid name but Alexander is a bit common where we will raise a family (should God wish). Thank you!
Bantu Limited

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#43 Oct 21, 2013
Silverness wrote:
<quoted text>
I am African. Could not watch your video though...
Why?

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#45 Oct 21, 2013
Bantu Limited wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Broken link... or is it just me? Maybe, its blocked where I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago convulsed by another violent weekend 6 min Tricky little mon... 33
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min EasyEed 1,252,672
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 11 min johnplustwomore 2,447
At the bar last night and seeing tons of fat ww... 17 min Harrisson 49
All women prefer white men 20 min DerekJ 5,214
please God help me get LAID 21 min kielbasa 2
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 23 min xfrodobagginsx 14
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Gmoney 34,416
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 2 hr trish_b 990
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 3 hr audy17 30,782
More from around the web