Baby Names..... Your take
Kay 5

UK

#297 Oct 26, 2013
Another one is "Anakey" as i learnt,a metamorphosed form of "Nneka" meaning "Mother is greater".

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#298 Oct 26, 2013
Edward and Sebastian are good names too.
Erika

Tauberbischofsheim, Germany

#299 Oct 27, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
Edward and Sebastian are good names too.
Edward is a nice name ( Eduard in german ).
Erika

Tauberbischofsheim, Germany

#300 Oct 27, 2013
Odinist wrote:
Woldemar.
There is a german saying ....

" Mein Sohn heisst Waldemar , weil es im Wald geschah "

Go and translate, i dont feel like doing it :)
Albert B

London, UK

#303 Oct 27, 2013
Desmond Sandiford wrote:
<quoted text>so what i hear you saying is that even today in 2013, there's still a strong sense of inferiority that these african women have...and they have low sense of self-worth because they don't think that being an african woman is worth anything. in their minds, everything african is wrong and incorrect and everything european is higher and exemplary. this is so deeply ingrained in their mind that it's not even questioned. it's taken as fact...same as one plus one equals 2. so they will sellout the african culture and identity the first chance they get to any random, extra-average european male.
in that case, they will not understand me and i will not understand them...but it explains their willingness to cheerfully whitewash themselves and their children by taking on white names and white identities and throw off their black african identity as much as possible.
It's not low self esteem or a strong sense of inferiority compared Europeans, it's more like a strong desire for everything European. And since european men are more a pushover/feminists than African men.... You know how it goes.

Desmond, you will never get an African luxury car. If somehow you do get someone who invests in such a project (like the Chinese) it will never be successful because they will always view some beat Down Renault, Citroen or fiat car as superior.

You know why Africans move out of Africa to the west the first chance they get? It's because from what they see on tv/hear from people who went abroad, they think the west is way better. Yet the most successful Africans stayed In Africa.its interesting
Albert B

London, UK

#304 Oct 27, 2013
Kay 5 wrote:
<quoted text> My friend don't talk that way,not all Africans are like that. I'm black African too and most black african i know aint that way,especially my ethnicity. Some Africans abroad have a strong sense of culture and hold tightly unto it but because of the nature of their jobs there and bad leadership in Africa over the years remain in western countries but still maintain ties with their homeland. My family though a strong Christian one believe so much in our culture and uphold it,especially the positive ones.
what part are you disagreeing with? That Africans don't bring their backward beliefs when they come to Europe?
Cyrus V

Manassas, VA

#305 Oct 27, 2013
Albert B wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not low self esteem or a strong sense of inferiority compared Europeans, it's more like a strong desire for everything European. And since european men are more a pushover/feminists than African men.... You know how it goes.
Desmond, you will never get an African luxury car. If somehow you do get someone who invests in such a project (like the Chinese) it will never be successful because they will always view some beat Down Renault, Citroen or fiat car as superior.
You know why Africans move out of Africa to the west the first chance they get? It's because from what they see on tv/hear from people who went abroad, they think the west is way better. Yet the most successful Africans stayed In Africa.its interesting
Considering you presently live in Europe, we can say you're one of those "failed" Africans, right?
Erika

Tauberbischofsheim, Germany

#306 Oct 27, 2013
Odinist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a bad thing?:)
No ,it is not a bad thing , i think it,s kinda funny .( nothing wrong with it )!:)
Albert B

London, UK

#307 Oct 27, 2013
Cyrus V wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering you presently live in Europe, we can say you're one of those "failed" Africans, right?
Considering I was born in Europe and didn't run away from Africa.

I
Kay 5

UK

#309 Oct 27, 2013
Albert B wrote:
<quoted text>what part are you disagreeing with? That Africans don't bring their backward beliefs when they come to Europe?
Yes,i disagree that most Africans in the West bring backward thinking along,they could be more articulate than you can imagine,maybe except for your side.
Albert B

London, UK

#310 Oct 27, 2013
Kay 5 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes,i disagree that most Africans in the West bring backward thinking along,they could be more articulate than you can imagine,maybe except for your side.
Nigerians bring their jujuwiththem
Somalis bring their Islam
Central and Southern Africans bring their aids

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#311 Nov 1, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>Delilah wasn't "evil" in my opinion. She was a woman who was about her nation and the posterity of her people (the Canaanites). The b!tch was just doing what she was supposed to do...unfortunately, Samson fell for the bullsh!t.
that beootch was a HO

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#312 Nov 1, 2013
Erika wrote:
<quoted text>Edward is a nice name ( Eduard in german ).
that is a cracka name...tou is a troll or a unca tom

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#313 Nov 2, 2013
xavier987 wrote:
<quoted text>that is a cracka name...tou is a troll or a unca tom
Like, Xavier is pretentious?....
mohammid akbar

Houston, TX

#314 Nov 2, 2013
How about something easy, American, and easy to remember? Like Joe, Sam, John, Willie, Bob. Sue, Linda, Terry, Sally. If you are American, why not name your child an American name? They will definitely appreciate it.

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#315 Nov 2, 2013
mohammid akbar wrote:
How about something easy, American, and easy to remember? Like Joe, Sam, John, Willie, Bob. Sue, Linda, Terry, Sally. If you are American, why not name your child an American name? They will definitely appreciate it.
We are not American, but I like the name Sam.... thanx.
MissNyasha

Zimbabwe

#316 Nov 11, 2013
Wentworth!

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#317 Nov 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> So many of us, raised closely with the Church and Christianity....but seem to resist many of the traditional, biblical names....wonder what that means?
I'd like to hear some of those "traditional Biblical names".

Can you provide examples?

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#318 Nov 11, 2013
xavier987 wrote:
<quoted text>that beootch was a HO
I thought you had to at least provide sex in the exchange of something else in order to be classified a h03.

I don't recall reading about Delilah having sex with ANYONE...not even Samson.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#319 Nov 11, 2013
...Something to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,382,742
Is BILL COSBY a Serial Rapist ? (Mar '15) 6 min Kato 41
Do you like people with dreads? (Dec '08) 17 min airrunls 453
News CDC: Southerners' 'Racism' And 'Homophobia' Cau... 28 min Xstain Spot Remover 36
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 36 min Sammy 134,197
News Edwards blasts Democrats: 'We are neither post-... 1 hr slick willie expl... 4
t-ape-x's prediction 1 hr THX00451 7
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr KiloEcho 44,798
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 2 hr dindu tribal leader 69
Trump taking about deporting illegal immigrants 3 hr Truthhurts 57
Poll Do Racists Belong In Mental Institutions 5 hr Johnny 153
More from around the web